FA Cup 1st Round Draw-Sunday- Shrewsbury at home

dannysfc

I'm over 6ft and I have no problem with the seats at St Mary's

I think it depends on what stand you're in. Kingsland doesn't seem to have as much leg room as Itchen.

Anyway, back on topic; don't be complacent, this isn't going to be an easy match.

More important than any of the above - what we need to know is.........

Is it pronounced 'Shrewsbury' or 'Shrewsbury' ?

I think it's 'Shrewsbury' .

I used to work with someone from Shrewsbury who said it should be pronounced 'Shrewsbury' and not the way that the BBC do it. They call Romsey 'Rumsey', FGS.

My place of birth, so would have been good

They may well be playing up at Priestfield, now that is one that I would have considered going to if it didn't clash with our game, hoe it's moved to the Sunday. All things considered I reckon they will get a half decent crowd considering Hess took them so far last season. Much as I love The Gills I actually want Dover to proceed, even if it's just for the opportunity to wish that saints get them away in Round 2.

I have a nephew who played for the Whites a few years back, never made it but did help him to a scolarship in the states, whereas back home his school here considered kicking him out for not achieving academically. Now works in finance in New York and does very well, got his foot in the door due to another college player's father taking a shine to him and not wanting to see him sent home when his visa ran out.

btw, the staff at Crabble are really nice.

/\

Don't the FA set the prices? Hope it's cheap and also hope that we don't play a second XI, really grates with me; go out to win EVERY game I say.

don't think so, the clubs agree it between themselves. Now I doubt if Shrewsbury will agree to rock bottom prices because their 42%

(or whatever it is) cut would be ridiculously small and they'll want to make a couple of bob from this one.They'll want at least 10£ for full price tickets if not more.

/\

Don't the FA set the prices? Hope it's cheap and also hope that we don't play a second XI, really grates with me; go out to win EVERY game I say.

From the 'Rules of the Competition' (with acknowledgements to the FA):

© Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices of admission subject to the following conditions:

(i) Except where mutually agreed otherwise the minimum admission (except to children and senior citizens) to matches shall be:

In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00

In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: £5.00

In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00

In the First and Second Round Proper: £10.00

In the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Round Proper: £15.00

(ii) A higher admission charge may be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned. The Away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home team if agreed by both clubs.

(iii) The price for admission for children and senior citizens must be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned.

From the 'Rules of the Competition' (with acknowledgements to the FA):

© Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices of admission subject to the following conditions:

(i) Except where mutually agreed otherwise the minimum admission (except to children and senior citizens) to matches shall be:

In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00

In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: £5.00

In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00

In the First and Second Round Proper: £10.00

In the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Round Proper: £15.00

(ii) A higher admission charge may be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned. The Away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home team if agreed by both clubs.

(iii) The price for admission for children and senior citizens must be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned.

Cheers for posting that up. I think anything between £10-15 for adults would be decent.

Cheers for posting that up. I think anything between £10-15 for adults would be decent.

You're welcome. :)

Prize money to the winners of the first round is £18,000 :o

Proceeds (net gate receipts ex VAT and after deduction of all expenses on both sides) are shared equally between the two clubs for the first and second rounds (except replays where some goes to the FA). For later rounds 10% goes to a pool to be shared out amongst the Leagues.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup/Rules-PDF

I used to work with someone from Shrewsbury who said it should be pronounced 'Shrewsbury' and not the way that the BBC do it. They call Romsey 'Rumsey', FGS.

It is Rumsey! Check the Domesday book. That's how the locals have always called it since way back.

Shrews - bury is 'Shrows-bury' and Southampton is pronounced S'ampton just in case you got those wrong as well.

Went to ticket office but they still don't know if we'll be able to buy our own seats. It's a deal breaker for me. Nothing on OS yet.

We'll win the Cup this year!

It is Rumsey! Check the Domesday book. That's how the locals have always called it since way back.

Shrews - bury is 'Shrows-bury' and Southampton is pronounced S'ampton just in case you got those wrong as well.

Went to ticket office but they still don't know if we'll be able to buy our own seats. It's a deal breaker for me. Nothing on OS yet.

We'll win the Cup this year!

The only person I have ever met from Shrewsbury always insisted that it was Shroosbury, and how many people in Romsey do you ever hear calling it Rumsey? I think you'll find that Rumsey is reserved for his Lordship. :)

I'm with you on the seat sales arrangements. Perhaps we should get our retaliation in first?

I am 50-50 on going atm as I may be busy that weekend but I was going to ask regarding the tickets:

1). What will happen with the Northam situation and can ST holders keep there seats or what?

2). And When will the tickets go on sale too?

Thanks!

COYR :D!!

I am 50-50 on going atm as I may be busy that weekend but I was going to ask regarding the tickets:

1). What will happen with the Northam situation and can ST holders keep there seats or what?

Thanks!

I see it as incredibly unlikely Shrewsbury will bring 3,200 fans, let alone nearly 4,000. ST seat should be fine to get hold of.

I imagine tickets will be on sale no later than monday, will probably hear by tomorrow about prices.

Thanks!

What you busy with that weekend, Ben?

I see it as incredibly unlikely Shrewsbury will bring 3,200 fans, let alone nearly 4,000. ST seat should be fine to get hold of.

I imagine tickets will be on sale no later than monday, will probably hear by tomorrow about prices.

OK thanks for that Nexstar Mate!

I agree re them taking 4,000, but I can see them bringing down not far off 3k.

Hopefully they do sensible prices for this game, 5 pound adults, 3 pound concessions and 1 pound for kids would be ideal.

According to the current bun, they (Shrewsbury), have refused to allow the Saints to lower the prices, I assume this is due to 'their' cut. So it looks like it will be full price me laddos!