Anyone ever wish

Master Bates

they could live in earlier times, like the 60's, 70's, 80's, or 90's?

I would give up my computer and cell phones just to live in one of those times, most probably the late 60's early 70's for the weed factor \\:D/

Wouldn't mind going further back in time and experiencing a Victorian Christmas.

Throwing sh*t out the window on the peasants below, yeah I could cope with that!

I would move back to the 60's as MB says, it had its perks. However, dont think the 70's, would have been much fun over and above what I have now, and I grew up in the 80's and 90's anyway.

The one thing I would say is that im a bit of a lazy sod, so going back in time, where there would be no temptation of xbox, PS, Wii, Laptop's, DVD's etc etc etc would mean I would be a hell of a lot more active and therefor in better shape!

I'd probably be a bit more handy round the house too!

We dont realise how good we have it. Wouldn't want to live anytime in the past, but would have a crack at the future. 200 years or so. Bet it would be amazing and obviously there is the excitement of going into the unknown.

No thanks, would rather not live in a natural resource deprived nuclear fallout riddled wasteland.

I would love to have given the 70's a go. (3 day week notwithstanding.)

Don't need to go back. I experienced the 60's, 70's and 80's. They all had their good points and bad. Just different ones. It's all about personal fulfillment and getting along with others, in the end, and you can do that just as well now as then. All you have to do is make of point of trying.

Must admit, I'd give wartime Southampton a go though, just to see how people coped, and how they pulled together, rather than thought just for themselves. We could all do with some of that spirit at times.

Btw MB, today you panicked yourself into a reasonable thread subject, almost worthy of the Lounge.

I'd go to the 50's. With the country still recovering from the war, there will be shed loads of proper man jobs available, none of this working in an office crap! Great football in stadiums packed to the rafters. And although I probably wouldn't like the music much, the UK still had a film industry to rival hollywood. No health and safety cobblers, you can discipline your kids without feeling guilty, and you could travel almost anywhere by train.

Don't need to go back. I experienced the 60's, 70's and 80's. They all had their good points and bad. Just different ones. It's all about personal fulfillment and getting along with others, in the end, and you can do that just as well now as then. All you have to do is make of point of trying.

Must admit, I'd give wartime Southampton a go though, just to see how people coped, and how they pulled together, rather than thought just for themselves. We could all do with some of that spirit at times.

Btw MB, today you panicked yourself into a reasonable thread subject, almost worthy of the Lounge.

Mmm, i'll do a lounge one now then :smt051

they could live in earlier times, like the 60's, 70's, 80's, or 90's?

I would give up my computer and cell phones just to live in one of those times, most probably the late 60's early 70's for the weed factor \\:D/

Wouldn't mind going further back in time and experiencing a Victorian Christmas.

Hate to p*ss on your corn flakes MB but the weed then was no where near as good. In fact you can grow much better quality now in your own back yard.:weedman::smt033:smt023

Ah hello, I bet you wish you could go back to the 1910's & 1920's huh, what were the 30's like nick?

do you mean the 1830s or 1930's MB. In the 1830's you would be my janitors apprentice or chimney sweep and in the 1930's you would have been my janitors apprentice or chimney sweep.In your job as a janitors apprentice after 5 years i might have allowed you to wear gloves when you unblocked the u-bend.

Im a 60's man .....oh bug### 50's man 1959,,,,,,november and so nearly 1960's baby.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
do you mean the 1830s or 1930's MB. In the 1830's you would be my janitors apprentice or chimney sweep and in the 1930's you would have been my janitors apprentice or chimney sweep.In your job as a janitors apprentice after 5 years i might have allowed you to wear gloves when you unblocked the u-bend.

Im a 60's man .....oh bug### 50's man 1959,,,,,,november and so nearly 1960's baby.

My wife was born then too, the 24th. Are you as decrepit as she is Nick?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I'd like to live in the 1930s; the Depression was over, War was a long way off and there were no mobile phones, computers, terrorists or Chavs.

People worked hard, they had to as there was no welfare state; oh, and there was no National Health Service.

Plus it was sunny every day and everyone spent all their summers down at the lake having picnics with lashings of Ginger Beer.

And Rickets.

I'd like to live in the 1930s; the Depression was over, War was a long way off and there were no mobile phones, computers, terrorists or Chavs.

People worked hard, they had to as there was no welfare state; oh, and there was no National Health Service.

Plus it was sunny every day and everyone spent all their summers down at the lake having picnics with lashings of Ginger Beer.

And Rickets.

Polio, Diphtheria, Tuberculosis. Yes, in that respect they had it good!

I'd like to go back to the days where they wore corsets & their boobies were pushed right up !! haha

The Rockie Horror Show - 1973 according to wiki.

I think if I were to go back it would have to be far enough to be significantly different. I don't do drugs, so the 60's and 70's would just be lost on me. It'd be nothing but inferior technology and incredibly bad fasion sense.

I think it would have to be somebody wealthy, circa 1500's - Henry VIII's time. If you got bored with a woman you could just accuse her of witchcraft and lop her head off.

1970s - so that I could be at Wembley in 1976 (I was born the year after) plus the music was great. I'd also probably go for a meal at the revolving restaurant at the top of the Post Office Tower before the IRA started blowing chunks out of it. The downsides would however be:

- 3 day week

- Flared trousers

- Only being able to drink keg beer in pubs

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Sadly, MB does.

Dude only just makes it too, via David Bowie and Mott The Hoople.

Now I understand the Ian Hunter connection (All the young dudes) and Bowie, inasmuch as he was involved with them, that is surely a tenuous link. Wasn't Bowie known as The Thin White Duke?

My wife was born then too, the 24th. Are you as decrepit as she is Nick?
14november 1959. All cards will be appreciated when the time comes.

It is Prince Charles birthday that day as well but he is a lot older of course...he tells his friends that his falls on my birthday

As for decrepid, I dont think so but I have quite a few on the main board who think I am, but they have no judgement whatsoever and so why should I care. You youngsters on here I feel a lot happier with, in my Hipsters and Jimmy Shoo shoes listening to my i-pod and listening to T-Pane and Lil Wayne