January Transfer Window News and Rumours

Jimmy_D

If Pardew does enquire about any of our players perhaps we should remind him of the quotes he made last May in the Echo (May 10th).

“There will be enquiries for sure but fortunately for us we have a strong chairman here who wants to keep his best players,” said Pardew.

“It’s going to be very very difficult for a club to come up with the finance that would take Lallana or Lambert away from us.

“The figure would be very difficult.

“I saw Gary Cahill was priced at £30m so I’m not sure where that puts Rickie Lambert.”

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/8155765.Pardew__Lambert_s_going_nowhere/

From memory the hardcopy version went on to mention something about thinking again if somebody was to offer over £10M for Rickie, which imo is usually code for wanting at least half that (i.e. his valuation).

Even if Pardew comes in for our players, just to spite Cortese, surely Cortese will not sell them to him out of spite back.

I'm sure Fonte and Lambert would be chuffed if we turned down a decent offer out of 'spite', they must love playing in the third tier rather than in the Premier league.

Even if Pardew comes in for our players, just to spite Cortese, surely Cortese will not sell them to him out of spite back.

As ever it might just depend on clauses in their contract, that the club have to let the player know of any offer above a certain amount,or from a Premiership club.

Even if the club are under no obligation to notify the player then it is naive to assume the player's agent and player will not be aware of the interest.Then of course we are in the "do we want to keep a disgruntled player" territory and all that goes with it.

I'm sure Fonte and Lambert would be chuffed if we turned down a decent offer out of 'spite', they must love playing in the third tier rather than in the Premier league.

Of course, but Cortese is under no obligation to sell unless it is in their contracts. It will be interesting to see how far their dislike goes......

Personally I think it is paper crap and the only possible player Pardew would come after is Lallana, but Geordie mates don't think they will be spending any money in January.

No. I post a poxy vid and have some twit jump down my throat. It's like half of the members on this forum are jumped up, bullied at school recluses who sit behind there keyboards satisfying the chip the lays so heavily on there shoulder.

On the nail mate!

Cyber thugs/idiots, Real life saddos who will never see life outside of their bedroom.