January Transfer Window News and Rumours

Jimmy_D

Not. A. Chance.

but. for. the. "worldie". to. quote. Adkins. Guly. would .have. put. us. one. up. very. early. on.

Dont. get. the. negativity. around. him. honest. hardworking. skillfull. player.

hard. to. be. fantastic. in. a. team. not. on. top. form. with loads. of. injuries. and. being. in. and. out. of. the. team. and. being. played. in. different. positions.

Why do so many people think certain players will be better against much stronger opposition? It's the same with Schneiderlin.

FWIW I hope this isn't true. Personally I think Guly is crap and have seen very little from him to warrant a permanent deal. We can do much better.

I was being sarky should have put a smilie

but. for. the. "worldie". to. quote. Adkins. Guly. would .have. put. us. one. up. very. early. on.

Dont. get. the. negativity. around. him. honest. hardworking. skillfull. player.

hard. to. be. fantastic. in. a. team. not. on. top. form. with loads. of. injuries. and. being. in. and. out. of. the. team. and. being. played. in. different. positions.

how long did that take you!! ;)

I think Yeovil away was about the only game where he stood out for me, and that wasn't exactly hard.

A 'worldie'?! Give it a rest, he put a free header straight at the keeper.

Being hardworking when you're a yoyo off the bench is not difficult. Yes he has skill, but he does not suit our type of play at all. He made poor touches and passes on several occasions Saturday. But if he's hard working, give him a 5 year contract.

I think Yeovil away was about the only game where he stood out for me, and that wasn't exactly hard.

A 'worldie'?! Give it a rest, he put a free header straight at the keeper.

Being hardworking when you're a yoyo off the bench is not difficult. Yes he has skill, but he does not suit our type of play at all. He made poor touches and passes on several occasions Saturday. But if he's hard working, give him a 5 year contract.

I said to quote Adkins....I remember two poor touches from him on saturday, both from very firmly hit passes from Butters....and he only just lost one of them in a 50/50.

As for his passes you may have a point but it could be argued that on occession the team around him arent up to his speed or vision. I still think its a bit harsh to judge him just yet.

Worth keeping.

I said to quote Adkins....I remember two poor touches from him on saturday, both from very firmly hit passes from Butters....and he only just lost one of them in a 50/50.

As for his passes you may have a point but it could be argued that on occession the team around him arent up to his speed or vision. I still think its a bit harsh to judge him just yet.

Worth keeping.

Dickson was our best player Saturday I thought.

And I don't want us to keep to 50/50 player in the most important part of what is supposed to be our promotion season. We need the likes of Dickson, Chaplow, Barnard who are experienced at this level and in the English game.

Worth keeping.

if we didn't have him you can bet your bottom dollar everyone would be saying we could do with a big man, skillful, good first touch, decent in the air, willing to chase the ball and perhaps play in the hole. In effect that describes Guly. Unfortunately he is not a goal scorer and he is not a right midfielder.

if we didn't have him you can bet your bottom dollar everyone would be saying we could do with a big man, skillful, good first touch, decent in the air, willing to chase the ball and perhaps play in the hole. In effect that describes Guly. Unfortunately he is not a goal scorer and he is not a right midfielder.

I'll agree with those two, the other three are debatable at best when it comes to Guly.

Edited by doddisalegend

perhaps his preferred position is occupied by Lallana, perhaps we don't use his preferred position at all

Was in the corporate area for the game last Sat. Same very wealthy guy was late for the 2nd half and when asked where he was, overheard him saying he was sorting out a new keeper for Jan after KD's sterling performance!

Make of it what you will. Just to be clear said "big knob" was not part of our party and no one in our party knew who he was (or cared really as we did start drinking rather early).

Was in the corporate area for the game last Sat. Same very wealthy guy was late for the 2nd half and when asked where he was, overheard him saying he was sorting out a new keeper for Jan after KD's sterling performance!

Make of it what you will. Just to be clear said "big knob" was not part of our party and no one in our party knew who he was (or cared really as we did start drinking rather early).

Hmmm did he look well connected,dressed in a suit??? must be the same that someone saw in a pub somewhere.

In January Newcastle can bypass the chairman, that's the problem.

Say 1st of Jan Asley faxes through an offer for Adam -250k, Cortese rejects offer straight away.

Ashley leaks the offer to the press and Lallana's agent.

Lallana decides he's bored of the third division and signs pre contract with Newcastle and joins them in the summe.

We go to a tribunial and get a fraction of what he's actually worth after we've paid Bournemouth there share.

conspiracy theory number 68. I think

Hmmm did he look well connected,dressed in a suit??? must be the same that someone saw in a pub somewhere.

Quite possibly :-) There was more to this story etc. but did not want to go into it as I knew it would raise more questions than answers - answers I do not have. Anyway he clearly looked, acted and "felt" the part (as did the rest of his party) BUT was not near NC etc. I have my doubts to, biggest one being why would an "unknown, rich, professional" guy a sign a player during half time - maybe he was a ****ed off rich fan mouthing off?? I know I would have bought a new team for the 2nd half if I could !!!

As I said make of it what you will - I am not ITK, ever said I was or ever posted ITK info before - just thought it was topical.

Anyway one sure FACT - The Alfred raises it's charge for a pint (from £2:20 to £3 I think) during "match times"! Had a few pints well after the game (when the corporate stuff finished) and was surprised to find prices were much lower than average and asked the manager - who confirmed it - who said the entrepreneurial spirit was dead !!!!!

:

Quite possibly :-) There was more to this story etc. but did not want to go into it as I knew it would raise more questions than answers - answers I do not have. Anyway he clearly looked, acted and "felt" the part (as did the rest of his party) BUT was not near NC etc. I have my doubts to, biggest one being why would an "unknown, rich, professional" guy a sign a player during half time - maybe he was a ****ed off rich fan mouthing off?? I know I would have bought a new team for the 2nd half if I could !!!

As I said make of it what you will - I am not ITK, ever said I was or ever posted ITK info before - just thought it was topical.

Anyway one sure FACT - The Alfred raises it's charge for a pint (from £2:20 to £3 I think) during "match times"! Had a few pints well after the game (when the corporate stuff finished) and was surprised to find prices were much lower than average and asked the manager - who confirmed it - who said the entrepreneurial spirit was dead !!!!!

How do you know he was rich??? Failed to pass through the eye of a camel did he??:x:x

Just asking

:

How do you know he was rich??? Failed to pass through the eye of a camel did he??:x:x

Just asking

My last post of the day !

To answer your question:

1. The whole party looked rich - clothes, watches, way they spoke etc.

2. Unlike me, the corporate attendance was routine for them (from some of the comments)

3. One of my party recognised one of their party (not the main guy) and said he was in the "media business" - systems etc. not public facing side and was seriously loaded - worth hundreds of millions!

4. Were pretty quiet and discrete in the main - certainly did not draw attention to themselves or act the "big I am"

Could have picked up the wrong signals, but seemed to me they were weathly enough not to brag about it or show it. It was my 50th birthday treat so I was just enjoying myself (yes despite the performance and result) to pay them too much attenion - just the keeper comment caught my attention, and then a few seconds later we had a scoring opportunity, after which the hip flask was offered to me again - didn't think about the other lot after that :-)

My last post of the day !

To answer your question:

1. The whole party looked rich - clothes, watches, way they spoke etc.

2. Unlike me, the corporate attendance was routine for them (from some of the comments)

3. One of my party recognised one of their party (not the main guy) and said he was in the "media business" - systems etc. not public facing side and was seriously loaded - worth hundreds of millions!

4. Were pretty quiet and discrete in the main - certainly did not draw attention to themselves or act the "big I am"

Could have picked up the wrong signals, but seemed to me they were weathly enough not to brag about it or show it. It was my 50th birthday treat so I was just enjoying myself (yes despite the performance and result) to pay them too much attenion - just the keeper comment caught my attention, and then a few seconds later we had a scoring opportunity, after which the hip flask was offered to me again - didn't think about the other lot after that :-)

Why did you not come over to my table and introduce yourself? I really didn't think my comments could be overheard, sorry. As for the content, I'm unable to comment further at this time.

not disputing what Red is saying one bit, but that sounds a bit 'Championship Manager-esque' - buying a keeper at half time because your keeper is performing sh*t.

I hope they got the price accepted, then went back into the deal, and changed the purchase price to £1.... ;)

I can believe the Fonte bit perhaps (that a bid might be made, not that he's necessarily going) but can't for the life of me see what Lambert would offer Newcastle. He would only be an understudy for Carroll and I wouldn't have thought they would be too keen on spending a couple of million on a player frm the third tier in his late 20s to just sit on the bench. If he was 21,22,23 then maybe but they'd be better off concentrating on developing Ranger etc than signing Lambert. Also, I thought it was stated a few weeks ago that Newcastle had decided not to spend any money in January?

I think it's just the normal ''new manager at club x, wants to raid former club for players''. Lazy, easy journalism if anything.

We had it when Pard's came here, we were linked with all sorts of Charlton players of which none materialised.

Signing L1 players isn't going to be sending a great signal to the Newcastle fans either.

I can believe the Fonte bit perhaps (that a bid might be made, not that he's necessarily going) but can't for the life of me see what Lambert would offer Newcastle. He would only be an understudy for Carroll and I wouldn't have thought they would be too keen on spending a couple of million on a player frm the third tier in his late 20s to just sit on the bench. If he was 21,22,23 then maybe but they'd be better off concentrating on developing Ranger etc than signing Lambert. Also, I thought it was stated a few weeks ago that Newcastle had decided not to spend any money in January?

Ameobi is getting on a bit, injured as well, other than Carroll who else do they have? Ranger is very very young as yet, probably want to ease him along. I could well see AP bidding for RL at a knock down price,let him pull out wide right as he likes to and let Carroll feed off of him, he was his star player last season, always said he could go all the way with us,probably the only player he was consistently saying it about.Don't say it will happen but I could see it.

Fonté is a good central defender,especially when you have the 37 yr old Sol Campbell as a starter at the moment.

Plus Pardew will know exactly what the sell on, get out clauses are (if any) and will only have to bid strict minimum..

Edited by Window Cleaner

tbh it sounds like the kind of joke Id make to a mate if in the first half the keeper had a mare and at half time they asked me where id been (on the way back from having a slash / pie / mars bar).

and you are probably right! hence my caution, however he was very calm and collected - not fuming (like me), and was 15 to 20 mins late, so not a snappy respose! But who knows?

Personally, I agree keeper situation is not the most urgent issue. For me we were really very poor - my mate said it was because we had lost the spine of the team (Fonte, RC, LB), and yes I agree - but are we that deverse of back up?

For me, we just had a bad day at the office - but honestly we were sh*t (and we knew it). What really messed me up was, why we were playing hoof bal when we took off RL and moved Gully to the wing??? Good job I am not a footy manager as I obviously have no clue how to do the said job :-)