January Transfer Window News and Rumours

Jimmy_D

I wouldn't be surprised if we have half the S****horpe side here come the end of January, it's all NA knows about.

I fear you may be nearer to the truth than you realise. Adders is now in the brown stuff and he knows it, maybe not much deeper than up to his knees but even that is difficult to escape from. Predictably he will become more and more agitated as points keep getting lost and Snr Cortese asks for an explanation on Monday mornings. The more he squirms the more he'll start acting rashly and of course the deeper his boots will sink. People under extreme pressure always resort to panic decisions in the vain hope that one miraculous act will create "the breakthrough" that he vainly seeks and all will be well. Except that blind guesses under pressure never work.

So, where this is leading is that the one thing he knows well is the reliability of players at S****horpe, the one remaining lifebuoy that might just might keep him afloat and for sure if things get that bad you can guarantee he'll clutch at it...

So why would Second Division Scunny folk want to join Third Division S'amton...?

Your guess is as good as mine, maybe if they think they'll be down here again soon enough that may be a spur plus a bit more of the folding stuff in this recession will always come in handy but heck ManC we ain't so it's never going to amount to more than a few quid after tax, NI alimony and iPads for the nippers.

But who have they got that anybody's ever heard of... somehow, "We've got Sam Togwell" doesn't have that ring of allure about it or indeed will put the ****e up our rivals!

No disrespect Sam

Andy you need to buy a tempura bed so that you can sleep better at nights.

It ain't gonna happen! Stop worrying!

For starters Lallana ain't that good, it's only us deprived fans who think he is 'cos he seems like the only half decent bloke we've got left.

Secondly he has more off days than on days; far too much of his jinky mazy razzle-dazzle antics end up in comedy errors with him sat on his Rrse.

He's no fool and realises he ain't gonna be automatic England21 quality anytime soon, which ensures he won't be guaranteed a starting place in a Premier League side.

You only have to reflect on Drew (Who?) Surman at Wolve and Theo (Super-Sub) Walcott to realise that.

Total tosh! Not being picked for England under 21s has not one jot of relevence. I think you will find he has more 'on' days than off! Even on his 'off' days he is pretty nailed on our man of the match - actually 'the' man of the match. Has twice as much skill as anyone else I have seen on the pitch this year - for any team! Morgan can only dream about being as good as AL and he supposed to be wanted by half of Europe and Arsenal !

I am in the Adkins camp - I pay my money mostly to watch talent such as Lallana....Reflect on this - Walcott is a very good player scoring at the highest level on a regular basis - Surman was never that good anyway so comparisons are worthless in that instance.

it's all NA knows about.

I doubt that is true. Adkins will have watched countless games like all managers do, not to mention have scouting reports on all NPC clubs. Having a Bury supporting mate I've watched quite a few lower league games in recent years and it wasn't too hard to spot talented players like Puncheon, N'Guessen, Stephen Dawson and Adomah. If you watch the games you will see the talent. I don't know if Adkins has an eye for a player, we'll see in time, but I would bet he has put the hours in, at a club like scunny what choice do you have but to search far and wide. You can't throw money at the problem that's for sure.

As much as i don't think it is a pressing need, i have been saying for some time now that i reckon NA will sign a keeper. I just don't think, in the way he speaks about him he is too confident with Davis in goal.

If he is a decent replacement i will be very happy as although Davis is a great shotstopper, seems a top bloke and reletively loyal servant (compared to offers recieved) he still worries me as a big c*ck up always feels around the corner and he is a crap communicator and distributer.

I agree on the main premise however, if a GK is our only signing i will be pretty worried.

Well if he doesn't want KD then bart should be moved up to no1, but really if NA was that unhappy with KD I'm sure Bart would be the regular keeper by now.

Happy to admit I've never seen him play.

You seem very confident in his ability based on your comment. I assume you've some substance to back that up?

Irish number 2 for sometime,Only lost his place as Given's back up because of Kieran W******d coming through, heard good things about him for a while from different fans.

Probably a load of ******** seeing as its in the Sun.

But if it were true, I can see us turning down any offer for one of our best playes (fonte is certainly one of our best..). Wouldnt blame fonte for walking out on us however is Newcastle came in for him.

It was in the sun however, so 99% certain to be made up.

It may only be the sun - but could be legs in it. AP ain't going to get a bottomless pot from MA for his Jan transfer budget - so looking for lower league players could well be his only real option. Fonte probably thought that he would be playing at least one league higher by now, so getting into the prem would be a christmas bonus for him.

It may only be the sun - but could be legs in it. AP ain't going to get a bottomless pot from MA for his Jan transfer budget - so looking for lower league players could well be his only real option. Fonte probably thought that he would be playing at least one league higher by now, so getting into the prem would be a christmas bonus for him.

Why the heck would Fonte have assumed Saints were going to get promoted last January? We were about 12 points off even getting into the play-offs. I'm not saying Pardew wont come in for him (although this is just the Sun making an easy transfer rumour out of Pardew transfer history) but it wont be because we didn't go up last year.

Pardew eyes Jose swoop

Also links Rickie. No source or quotes though, standard top quality Sun journalism...

From the Grauniad today

"Tony Pulis is ready to save Wayne Bridge from his Manchester City nightmare," according to the Sun. That's the £70,000-a-week nightmare. Liverpool, Fulham and Aston Villa are also keen apparently.

Manchester United want either Valencia's Joaquin or Udinese's Alexis Sanchez to fill the gap left by Antonio Valencia. When Newcastle's Alan Pardew finds himself in times of trouble St Mary's comes to him, speaking words of wisdom like: "Sign Portuguese centre-half Jose Fonte and muscular hitman Rickie Lambert in a £3m double swoop."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/15/football-transfer-rumours-suarez-manchester-city

From the Grauniad today

"Tony Pulis is ready to save Wayne Bridge from his Manchester City nightmare," according to the Sun. That's the £70,000-a-week nightmare. Liverpool, Fulham and Aston Villa are also keen apparently.

Manchester United want either Valencia's Joaquin or Udinese's Alexis Sanchez to fill the gap left by Antonio Valencia. When Newcastle's Alan Pardew finds himself in times of trouble St Mary's comes to him, speaking words of wisdom like: "Sign Portuguese centre-half Jose Fonte and muscular hitman Rickie Lambert in a £3m double swoop."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/15/football-transfer-rumours-suarez-manchester-city

3 million £££ gimme gimme

We are not a selling club - very recent quote from NC. So if we're to believe in anything spoken by our CEO, neither Fonte or Lambert will be going anywhere in January.

Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho

Still believe in Father Christmas I see ????

Cortese has yet to learn one simple fact

If a PLAYER wants to go, he WILL go

Cortese has yet to learn one simple fact

If a PLAYER wants to go, he WILL go

I think Cortese has more intelligence than you give him. I think he is perfectly aware of that and what I heard him say was that he did not expect anyone to be leaving in January.

Just heard on Wave radio (usually for traffic reports) but mentioned that Adkins is interested in B'mouth's Mark Pugh for £200k.

Pretty good call. Gives us strength in midfield, winger options or all out striker. His record of a goal every other game is pretty good!

I think Cortese has more intelligence than you give him. I think he is perfectly aware of that and what I heard him say was that he did not expect anyone to be leaving in January.

Point taken

But also a bit pointless in saying it, giving the inference to some that we we are not a selling club

Serious question though, How Realistic is it for Major Premiership Teams, who normally spent Megabucks on Foreign "imports", to go for a player in the Third Division ????

We've already got Doble.

Maybe so, but a) Doble has yet to play first team and b) more importantly buying Pugh not only gives him to us, it also takes him away from Bournemouth and thereby weakens the opposition.

Last season's policy semed to be to buy all other L1 teams' best player, whether we really needed them or not ( cf Barnard , Puncheon (!) and especially Dickson). It's the transfer equivalent of a 6-pointer!

Maybe so, but a) Doble has yet to play first team and b) more importantly buying Pugh not only gives him to us, it also takes him away from Bournemouth and thereby weakens the opposition.

Last season's policy semed to be to buy all other L1 teams' best player, whether we really needed them or not ( cf Barnard , Puncheon (!) and especially Dickson). It's the transfer equivalent of a 6-pointer!

Pugh's a winger isn't he? Would expect to play as well, so that would mean him replacing AOC I guess, unless Lallana is on the move of course, which those who seem to know most about him say is unlikely.

Pugh's a winger isn't he? Would expect to play as well, so that would mean him replacing AOC I guess, unless Lallana is on the move of course, which those who seem to know most about him say is unlikely.

Think Pugh plays left wing.... But with Punch out and about, and Holmes out for the season, we are short on both flanks.

Think Pugh plays left wing.... But with Punch out and about, and Holmes out for the season, we are short on both flanks.

but that's the point, I doubt if he'd come from Bompey where he's in the public eye to sit on our bench no matter how much we pay him.That would mean him replacing either Lallana or AOC which is unlikely if they're both expected to stay.

When you take agents fees, player signing on fees etc into account, Saints probably spent close to £3m to sign both of them. To sell them on for £3m a year later just isn't going to happen.

I imagine another fanciful story from The Sun led to this being released...

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2244943,00.html

Why the heck would Fonte have assumed Saints were going to get promoted last January? We were about 12 points off even getting into the play-offs. I'm not saying Pardew wont come in for him (although this is just the Sun making an easy transfer rumour out of Pardew transfer history) but it wont be because we didn't go up last year.

Errr becuase that was the overiding aim of the season, to achieve promotion. Irrespective of the fact that we started on -10, the aim was promotion, and we failed to achieve that. Fonte dropped a league to play for us, probably thinking that he would not have to spend too long in L3, and of course the pay rise would have helped.

Therefore, if he is now being offered a 'fast track' route to the premiership, probably at least doubling his wages, then he would be a fool to pass it up. Our current position and form does nothing to give anybody confidence that we will be promoted this season - how long do you think he really wants to spend in L3. It's a dog eat dog world.

but that's the point, I doubt if he'd come from Bompey where he's in the public eye to sit on our bench no matter how much we pay him.That would mean him replacing either Lallana or AOC which is unlikely if they're both expected to stay.

McQuoid admitted he moved for the money, 600% pay rise so probably they are not even earning £1k a week.

Point taken

But also a bit pointless in saying it, giving the inference to some that we we are not a selling club

Serious question though, How Realistic is it for Major Premiership Teams, who normally spent Megabucks on Foreign "imports", to go for a player in the Third Division ????

You're right. Can't see any Premiership clubs being interested in our players other than in that 'one for the future' category. Even then, they would be better off learning their trade here a bit longer. By which time we could be in the EPL ourselves.

because I have spoken to .lawrie's son who went on holiday with the pardews shortly after pardew left. They are untrue and pardew's wife was upset by it.

yeah because AP is really going to admit to his missus and Lawrie et al that he hit on another woman isnt he!

for what its worth, i dont believe anything did go on

It was nothing to do with ****ging around par se

Pugh would be a great signing, i also reckon we may have seen the last of Puncheon IMO

As for Fonte, if anyone from the Prem offered him and Lambert a chance they will be gone, especially if there is a double your money in the offing. I understand Cortese's views on us not being a selling club but i think even he knows you can't keep a player if he wants out.