Harry Redknapp

slickmick

MT sold to Bolton.....

Glen Johnson...... so what, right up there with Phil Neville as an England player for me... (not good enough to lace most players boots at the highest level) proved by the fact he is not playing for one of the big four!!

Traore...... on loan only if he is any good will go back to Arsenal - else see above.

Let's move on.... Crouch........ sold by Redknapp how many times until he was how old!!!!

Look at the playres he has signed..... Campbell over the hill and reputed to be on 60k a week, Distin always been a mercenary, proved that by not going to Liverpool when he had the chance.

Defoe.... soon to be found out bby Coppello (like every other England manager) that he is no more than an average striker

David James...... worst England keeper ever!!!!!! Gordon Banks would be better with two glass eyes!!!

Redknapp is a dinosaur....... and will soon be extinct along with all the other traditional English managers. He epitomises everything that is wrong with football in this country and will soon find himself unemployed as Poopey announce bankruptcy and end up back in administration.

Well balanced post with unrefutable arguments and all without even the slightest trace of being bitter or twisted.

The reason Redknapp left Pompey was because Mandaric undermined him by sacking Jim Smith and appointing a DOF.

Lowe knew this and therefore Lowe did exactly the same thing appointed Clive Woodward.

The reason Redknapp failed is down to Lowe.

In fact when you look at the demise of Saints it all leads back to Rupert Lowe.

The reason Redknapp failed here is because he could not be bothered. In his own words he ddn't know what he was doing here (probably getting back at Mandaric), he always talked about SFC in the third person. THese things had nothing to do with Lowe or Woodward.

When Harry could not buy Morrison he gave up the chase for a striker saying he would make do with what he had (in a season when we couldn't score). That had nothing to do with Lowe, who said at the time he was waiting for Redknapp to provide him with a list of targets.

On the day before the most crucial game in years (home against Man United) he gave the players a day off. Nice one Harry. That worked a treat.

BY all account Redknapp was constantly on the phone to Mandaric whilst here, and who can forget the notorious thumbs up to Mandaric at Fratton Park after Portsmouth had humiliated us?

I think that most of us thought that Redknapp could keep us up when he arrived, but he watsed something like £6m on rubbish like Davenport when we were crying out for a decent centre half.

I don't believe that he came to deliberatlely sabotage the club, but he surely could not have done much worse if he had.

The reason Redknapp left Pompey was because Mandaric undermined him by sacking Jim Smith and appointing a DOF.

Lowe knew this and therefore Lowe did exactly the same thing appointed Clive Woodward.

The reason Redknapp failed is down to Lowe.

In fact when you look at the demise of Saints it all leads back to Rupert Lowe.

Scoobeys gunna get you

Never mind the squad how about actually playing:

Matthew Taylor played regularly from the age of 21

Glen johnson played regularly from the age of 22

Armand Traore played regularly from the age of 18

HTH

I think he means youth players and im pretty sure you were aware of that

HTH

I'm yet another sad case (as you eloquantly put it) who thinks bagpuss is a prize ****. I despise his bull**** and self-interest with a passion. As long as you're enjoying his charity work???
no i think its sad that some sad arsholes wishing him dead thats not to say they cannot hate the guy.and yes i respect people who put themselves out to do charity .

The reason Redknapp failed here is because he could not be bothered. In his own words he ddn't know what he was doing here (probably getting back at Mandaric), he always talked about SFC in the third person. THese things had nothing to do with Lowe or Woodward.

When Harry could not buy Morrison he gave up the chase for a striker saying he would make do with what he had (in a season when we couldn't score). That had nothing to do with Lowe, who said at the time he was waiting for Redknapp to provide him with a list of targets.

On the day before the most crucial game in years (home against Man United) he gave the players a day off. Nice one Harry. That worked a treat.

BY all account Redknapp was constantly on the phone to Mandaric whilst here, and who can forget the notorious thumbs up to Mandaric at Fratton Park after Portsmouth had humiliated us?

I think that most of us thought that Redknapp could keep us up when he arrived, but he watsed something like £6m on rubbish like Davenport when we were crying out for a decent centre half.

I don't believe that he came to deliberatlely sabotage the club, but he surely could not have done much worse if he had.

Looks like an accurate assessment IMHO

I think he means youth players and im pretty sure you were aware of that

HTH

OK Gary O'Neil over 100 games under Harry in two spells up to the season he was 24 in

Rowan Vine unfortunately sold in 2005 when Harry was somewhere down the road.

Similarly Lewis Buxton again I believe sold in Harry absence

And before you start when was the last player to come through your youth system and play 100 games under one manager?

OK Gary O'Neil over 100 games under Harry in two spells up to the season he was 24 in

And before you start when was the last player to come through your youth system and play 100 games under one manager?

Don't be silly - you know they'd be sold at the first hint of any talent.

We have changed several managers in a short space of time so how is that point relevent?

Also Gary o Neill was thought of so highly he was sold to Boro hmmmm

We have changed several managers in a short space of time so how is that point relevent?

Also Gary o Neill was thought of so highly he was sold to Boro hmmmm

Lets get the facts right..........Boro asked if they could speak to gon, as he was not a regular in the 1st 11 he said OK They offered Pompey silly money, And a deal That Gary o said (on TV) was much to good to refuse...HTH;)

Lets get the facts right..........Boro asked if they could speak to gon, as he was not a regular in the 1st 11 he said OK They offered Pompey silly money, And a deal That Gary o said (on TV) was much to good to refuse...HTH;)

Sums it up doesnt it not a regular in the first team :smile:

Sh1tc&nt, it ******es me off when people say we'd be in a different position if he'd had the chairmans backing, how do you 'back' someone who needs an open cheque book in respect of purchases and wages, give me the back bone of that hammers side(Ferdinand,Lampard, Cole, Defoe and I reckon I could have had similar 'success' to what he had.

Shows how much you know about "someone who needs an open cheque book",

when you then go on to list four England players all brought through the ranks by Redknapp for free at West Ham. Not much opening of the chequebook required there was there?

This whole Redknapp debate on here is driven purely by the fact that he took you down. He admits it was a mistake going to you. You couldn't resist the idea of getting one over on us and it backfired for all of you.

Still, the main thing is it doesn't bother you anymore, does it?

Portsmouth City Council are to name one of the newly refurbished bells in the Guildhall or Civic offices after him,these are the bells that relate to the "Pompey Chimes".

When will the misplaced adulation end,it makes me want to chunder.

Well ive always had him down as a 'Bell-End' so that figures.

when you then go on to list four England players all brought through the ranks by Redknapp for free at West Ham. Not much opening of the chequebook required there was there?

This whole Redknapp debate on here is driven purely by the fact that he took you down. He admits it was a mistake going to you. You couldn't resist the idea of getting one over on us and it backfired for all of you.

Still, the main thing is it doesn't bother you anymore, does it?[/QUOTE]

Rich, you lot are still bitter about our 27 year tenure in the top flight, a record which you know you will never match, I cant wait til your stinking fishy bubble bursts, because it will you know, when Gaydamak snr closes his wallet, how will you possibly survive with that ridiculous stadium? which incidentally, you cant even fill in the premiership!

Re-writing history again! Total rubbish - I was at the Stapleford training ground on the day before the final game aginst Man Utd - hardly likely to forget as it was part of my 60th treat from my kids. ALL players were there and it was a full training session which finished at lunchtime.

You appear to forget that Chummy boy held the purse strings - oh and how much did he give Redknapp to keep us up - naf all. Thought Davenport was on loan??

I am SFC through and through but your dislike of the man clouds your memory and thinking. Where Redknapp has managed he has done well for club and quality of football. His methods may not suit all but there again I would prefer to be watching Prem football than the doomed fare beind served up by Lowe Disunited.

Sabotage the club, winking at Mandaric? You really are clueless and out of touch with reality - for once I agree with PFC's reading of the situation.

Still, the main thing is it doesn't bother you anymore, does it?[/QUOTE]

Rich, you lot are still bitter about our 27 year tenure in the top flight, a record which you know you will never match, I cant wait til your stinking fishy bubble bursts, because it will you know, when Gaydamak snr closes his wallet, how will you possibly survive with that ridiculous stadium? which incidentally, you cant even fill in the premiership!

Hah! That's a laugh. A single year more than our 27-39 & 45-59 tenure. Well whoopee doo! I'll tell you something else about money- we've gained such a reputation as a club with proper fans and a proper history (not just a club with one fluked offside-winning-cup- and even that was 'scored' by a Pompey boy) that even in the current crisis we'll have plenty of buyers if Sascha really does need to sell.

And another thing, how can you even mention 'ridiculous stadiums' when you played at The Skip for over a hundred years? And you rarely filled that!

Finally, who the hell is "Rich"? You couldn't even get that right.....

Hah! That's a laugh. A single year more than our 27-39 & 45-59 tenure. Well whoopee doo! I'll tell you something else about money- we've gained such a reputation as a club with proper fans and a proper history (not just a club with one fluked offside-winning-cup- and even that was 'scored' by a Pompey boy) that even in the current crisis we'll have plenty of buyers if Sascha really does need to sell.

And another thing, how can you even mention 'ridiculous stadiums' when you played at The Skip for over a hundred years? And you rarely filled that!

Go away and try to get a life!

who's using the family braincell today? :D your uncle? brother? oops...same person sorry.

To be fair to you pfc123 Pompey have done well and it makes a change that Pompey fans can go on about your recent FA Cup win,rather than how you held it for the longest ever because of the war.

But lets not forget how close you came to total oblivion just a few years back.If it wasnt for all the money you have had pumped into your club,then i doubt very much you would be where you are now.

At least we achieved success without big bucks thrown our way and despite how well you are doing right now,you have a very long way to go before you match our 27 years of top flight footy.

Re-writing history again! Total rubbish - I was at the Stapleford training ground on the day before the final game aginst Man Utd - hardly likely to forget as it was part of my 60th treat from my kids. ALL players were there and it was a full training session which finished at lunchtime.

You appear to forget that Chummy boy held the purse strings - oh and how much did he give Redknapp to keep us up - naf all. Thought Davenport was on loan??

I am SFC through and through but your dislike of the man clouds your memory and thinking. Where Redknapp has managed he has done well for club and quality of football. His methods may not suit all but there again I would prefer to be watching Prem football than the doomed fare beind served up by Lowe Disunited

Sabotage the club, winking at Mandaric? You really are clueless and out of touch with reality - for once I agree with PFC's reading of the situation.

.good post it seems alot of these threads are now rewriting history,

your kidding yourself about your reputation you really are!!

Pompski are just a poor version of cheslki - £60 million in debt, vastly overpaid players, the worst stadium in the top flight by a long long way, foreig owners with a dodgy background and a hidden agenda

most third party fans I speak to dislike Pompey because of Arry, Fratton Park, Jon Westwood and the delight that is Portsmouth's fans

as for the cup win it was just as lucky as ours - in the modern game if anyone outside the big 4 wins anything it really is all about luck

enjoy your European football like we did in the 80s - but don't fool yourselves into thinking your something your not

Saints fans have no illusions about who or what we are - but you skates really do

the 657 crew and the Burberry Boys say it all really - and they went on TV to say it as well!

I think Windmill used the word Rich as opposed to the name Rich so bravo on your wonderful grasp of the English language.

Rich as it's rather amusing to see people with over 500 posts on their rivals' messagboard preaching about us being obsessed.

For the record, you really should try and show a bit more grace. You're south coast top dogs and you deserve it. Instead you seem far more interested in rubbing it in our noses.

Which is fine...

But

Of all the clubs in the Premiership that are at risk due to the world credit crunch, Portsmouth are by far and away the most vulnerable. Your "empire" is based on borrowed money and shifting sands. Your set up just isn't geared up to be self sustaining, you have a no real facilities and should your sugar daddy scoot off your wage bill will tear you apart. 90% of your income goes on players wages, no club can sustain that for long.

Your "reputation as a club with proper fans and a proper history" is laughable really, with all your new success you still can't sell out your "ground" so it's utterly hilarious that you should point to our attendances at the post Taylor report Dell, with a remarkably unsuccessful team. The Dell was damn nearly full all the time... unlike Fratton Park.

You only have to look at how we've crumbled to see how precarious football is and we were supposedly the model for the modern self sustaining football club according to the press. (when they quite liked us) If you don't get a stadium or some sort of decent infrastructure then if your sugar daddy goes, you will be ****ed.

Enjoy your moment, it's well earned and deserved. Just don't be surprised to see your club become the next Leeds and bankrupt itself into League 1.

I think Windmill used the word Rich as opposed to the name Rich so bravo on your wonderful grasp of the English language.

Rich as it's rather amusing to see people with over 500 posts on their rivals' messagboard preaching about us being obsessed.

For the record, you really should try and show a bit more grace. You're south coast top dogs and you deserve it. Instead you seem far more interested in rubbing it in our noses.

Which is fine...

But

Of all the clubs in the Premiership that are at risk due to the world credit crunch, Portsmouth are by far and away the most vulnerable. Your "empire" is based on borrowed money and shifting sands. Your set up just isn't geared up to be self sustaining, you have a no real facilities and should your sugar daddy scoot off your wage bill will tear you apart. 90% of your income goes on players wages, no club can sustain that for long.

Your "reputation as a club with proper fans and a proper history" is laughable really, with all your new success you still can't sell out your "ground" so it's utterly hilarious that you should point to our attendances at the post Taylor report Dell, with a remarkably unsuccessful team. The Dell was damn nearly full all the time... unlike Fratton Park.

You only have to look at how we've crumbled to see how precarious football is and we were supposedly the model for the modern self sustaining football club according to the press. (when they quite liked us) If you don't get a stadium or some sort of decent infrastructure then if your sugar daddy goes, you will be ****ed.

Enjoy your moment, it's well earned and deserved. Just don't be surprised to see your club become the next Leeds and bankrupt itself into League 1.

So if saints with their 48.4% of capacity doubled their crowd to 96.8% would you be posting on here, we can't fill our ground? By a happy coincidence 96.8% is our average gate this season.

Ever heard of the term "Thats Rich" it was to this I was referring, but clearly that passed you by, but dont worry I wont hold it against you, as I know how difficult it is for the average Skate to grasp basic english. Now how about extracting yourself from the rear of that fish and get on back to school. ;)

I am SFC through and through but your dislike of the man clouds your memory and thinking. Where Redknapp has managed he has done well for club and quality of football. His methods may not suit all but there again I would prefer to be watching Prem football than the doomed fare beind served up by Lowe Disunited.

Talk about clueless, you are redefining that position. Redknapp spent more than £4.5M over his period than that tactical genius Bryan Robson, who tucked him up like a kipper. No wonder you are hanging your hat with a fish fiddler.

[Of all the clubs in the Premiership that are at risk due to the world credit crunch, Portsmouth are by far and away the most vulnerable. Your "empire" is based on borrowed money and shifting sands. Your set up just isn't geared up to be self sustaining, you have a no real facilities and should your sugar daddy scoot off your wage bill will tear you apart. 90% of your income goes on players wages, no club can sustain that for long.

LOL at BIG DAZZA

1. Pompey are vulnerable because of the credit crunch but no more than most Prem clubs and less than a lot of them. A list in the Sunday Times showed that Pompey don't even make the top 10 of clubs with debts in the Premiership. Even clubs like Boro have more debt than us. As for our empire being built on borrowed money, are you really naive enough to beliive that the other clubs don't borrow from the banks to buy players etc? Are you so naive that you believe that the billionaires who own the clubs pay for these players with their own cash? PMSL. If that was the case how would Chelsea have racked up debts of over £500m?

2. You think our "proper history" is "laughable"? I'd call two league titles and two FA Cup wins a history, wouldn't you? Most of them a long time ago but a history nonetheless. Remind me of Saints history Dazza?

3. Thanks for confirming that The Dell with it's capacity lower than Fratton's wasn't always sold out (The Dell was damn nearly full all the time). Since promotion to the Prem Fratton has averaged 96% sell outs. I'd say that was damn nearly full all the time, would you disagree?

4. Spending 90% of our turnover on wages is clearly unsustainable, which is why we need a bigger ground. However, looking at a list last week we are far from the only Prem club with figures like these and even Villa spend 85% on wages and Liverpool about 80% (!). But your ridiculous, childish statement that Gaydamak might "scoot off" is so laughable it's untrue. Do you really think that a man who clearly bought Pompey to make money would walk away with nothing when he could sell the club very easily to any number of foreign investors who would be keen to buy a Premiership club relatively cheaply? Why would he do that Dazza? It's just extremely wishful thinking on your part.

LOL at BIG DAZZA

1. Pompey are vulnerable because of the credit crunch but no more than most Prem clubs and less than a lot of them. A list in the Sunday Times showed that Pompey don't even make the top 10 of clubs with debts in the Premiership. Even clubs like Boro have more debt than us. As for our empire being built on borrowed money, are you really naive enough to beliive that the other clubs don't borrow from the banks to buy players etc? Are you so naive that you believe that the billionaires who own the clubs pay for these players with their own cash? PMSL. If that was the case how would Chelsea have racked up debts of over £500m?

2. You think our "proper history" is "laughable"? I'd call two league titles and two FA Cup wins a history, wouldn't you? Most of them a long time ago but a history nonetheless. Remind me of Saints history Dazza?

3. Thanks for confirming that The Dell with it's capacity lower than Fratton's wasn't always sold out (The Dell was damn nearly full all the time). Since promotion to the Prem Fratton has averaged 96% sell outs. I'd say that was damn nearly full all the time, would you disagree?

4. Spending 90% of our turnover on wages is clearly unsustainable, which is why we need a bigger ground. However, looking at a list last week we are far from the only Prem club with figures like these and even Villa spend 85% on wages and Liverpool about 80% (!). But your ridiculous, childish statement that Gaydamak might "scoot off" is so laughable it's untrue. Do you really think that a man who clearly bought Pompey to make money would walk away with nothing when he could sell the club very easily to any number of foreign investors who would be keen to buy a Premiership club relatively cheaply? Why would he do that Dazza? It's just extremely wishful thinking on your part.

Ther are several points in this reply that need making. Both Saints and Poopey are similar in terms of crowds. If you build a new stadium of 30-35k you will fill it in the prem, but not in the Championship.

There are other premier league teams with similar ridiculous wages, but no-one is sugesting that you could be the only club to see it all disintergrate.

The main point is that your owner has been borrowing money against the security of the club, and if he leaves, it is the club that needs to pay it back. This makes a further takeover less likely as whoever takes over needs to repay/guarantee the debts.

If he clears off, having mortgaged everything that moves, saggy face will be right behind him, and the whole thing will collapse. The loan taken out last January needs to be repaid, and the balance of some of the transfer fees are also due soon.

Still, it could be worse for you, after all, Sol Campbell must have a massive sell on value.

Ther are several points in this reply that need making. Both Saints and Poopey are similar in terms of crowds. If you build a new stadium of 30-35k you will fill it in the prem, but not in the Championship.

Completely agree. Glad one of you agrees that we'd get 30,000 +

There are other premier league teams with similar ridiculous wages, but no-one is sugesting that you could be the only club to see it all disintergrate.

Big Dazza is. Apparently we're the club most vulnerable. Even though many others have debts far in excess of ours.

The main point is that your owner has been borrowing money against the security of the club, and if he leaves, it is the club that needs to pay it back. This makes a further takeover less likely as whoever takes over needs to repay/guarantee the debts.

But we'd be much cheaper to buy than most other Prem clubs which actually makes us quite attractive for people looking to buy a club. We currently have around 4 interested parties looking at Pompey, one of whom is carrying out due diligence. Look at it this way, you could buy Pompey, build the stadium and training ground and still have spent less than it would have cost to buy Everton or Newcastle.

If he clears off, having mortgaged everything that moves, saggy face will be right behind him, and the whole thing will collapse. The loan taken out last January needs to be repaid, and the balance of some of the transfer fees are also due soon.

Why would he just walk away when he could sell the club and make a massive profit on what he paid in the first place? For someone who got into PFC to make money, that idea makes no sense whatsoever.

Still, it could be worse for you, after all, Sol Campbell must have a massive sell on value.

I do love the way Saints fans fixate on a couple of older players that Pompey have like Campbell having no sell on value, especially when your forum is full of people crying out for you to buy a couple of experienced defenders. Of course, we only have players with no sell on value don't we? We'd never make profit now if we sold Diarra. Or Kranjkar. Or Defoe. Or Johnson. It's called building a balanced team. Frankly, something your lot would have done well to look at what Redknapp has done and try and emulate.

Yep, we're in real trouble aren't we? We're in such a lot of trouble that we turned down £15million from Tottenham for Diarra before the window closed. And before anyone says that was a Redknapp lie, no-one from Spurs ever refuted that statement.......

LOL at BIG DAZZA

If you ever met BigDazza you would sh## yourself.

This is the main board and so cretins like yourself should follow the rules.

The mods should be keeping to the rules set down and Skates kept away from the main board, especially when they are out to wind up .

This is a paid site and so registered users like Ho should be banned for breaking the rules.

If he wants to pollute the lounge thats fine but the main board is a no go area.

I do love the way Saints fans fixate on a couple of older players that Pompey have like Campbell having no sell on value, especially when your forum is full of people crying out for you to buy a couple of experienced defenders. Of course, we only have players with no sell on value don't we? We'd never make profit now if we sold Diarra. Or Kranjkar. Or Defoe. Or Johnson. It's called building a balanced team. Frankly, something your lot would have done well to look at what Redknapp has done and try and emulate.

But he could have made a profit already. Say he took out loans on the back of the club, and then pocketed the cash, it would look like a great way of making money from an asset. Of course, this kind of financial trickery could never happen in real life, because if there is one group of people everyone can trust it is Russian businessmen, and their immediate family. Especially as it all appears to be in Trust, and nobody knows who ultimately owns it.

The problem for you is that noone knows whether he is a white knight with a love for a crappy football team, or a man who knows how to milk every penny out of a number of gulible people.

Also, if it is his Dad who is behind all this, you are likely to get a hefty points deduction, as at the last count he hs lied to the Premier League three times over the ownership.

Originally Posted by Depressed of Shirley viewpost.gif

Completely agree. Glad one of you agrees that we'd get 30,000 +

Big Dazza is. Apparently we're the club most vulnerable. Even though many others have debts far in excess of ours.

But we'd be much cheaper to buy than most other Prem clubs which actually makes us quite attractive for people looking to buy a club. We currently have around 4 interested parties looking at Pompey, one of whom is carrying out due diligence. Look at it this way, you could buy Pompey, build the stadium and training ground and still have spent less than it would have cost to buy Everton or Newcastle.

Why would he just walk away when he could sell the club and make a massive profit on what he paid in the first place? For someone who got into PFC to make money, that idea makes no sense whatsoever.

Massive profit ???? Are you not keeping up with the current financial market. Football is heading downhill on a financial front, so be prepared to accept scrap value in the near future.

If you ever met BigDazza you would sh## yourself.

This is the main board and so cretins like yourself should follow the rules.

The mods should be keeping to the rules set down and Skates kept away from the main board, especially when they are out to wind up .

This is a paid site and so registered users like Ho should be banned for breaking the rules.

If he wants to pollute the lounge thats fine but the main board is a no go area.

Nick, you are such a pompous oaf it's untrue. It's a football messageboard, not a £10,000 a year exclusive gentleman's club FFS. If I'd come on this forum spouting abuse I could maybe understand your post but seeing as all I've done is post a couple of times in a completely serious, logical and factual manner I fail to see quite why you're getting so het up about it. Just what have I posted on this forum that's an attempt to wind anyone up? Grow up.

But he could have made a profit already. Say he took out loans on the back of the club, and then pocketed the cash, it would look like a great way of making money from an asset. Of course, this kind of financial trickery could never happen in real life, because if there is one group of people everyone can trust it is Russian businessmen, and their immediate family. Especially as it all appears to be in Trust, and nobody knows who ultimately owns it.

The problem for you is that noone knows whether he is a white knight with a love for a crappy football team, or a man who knows how to milk every penny out of a number of gulible people.

Also, if it is his Dad who is behind all this, you are likely to get a hefty points deduction, as at the last count he hs lied to the Premier League three times over the ownership.

He's already satisfied the Premier League over the comments supposedly made by his father in Israel's version of The Sun I think you'll find. As for whether he's a white knight, the answer is and has always been no. he bought Pompey to make money, initially from property development. As that's no longer possible, he's looking to sell. And as he's looking to make money I can see no reason why, even if he's already made a profit, that he would just walk away when he could make even more money by selling the club to a new owner - can you?

I'm also interested to note that no-one has been able to refute pretty much anything I've written on here today. Says a lot really

Nick, you are such a pompous oaf it's untrue. It's a football messageboard, not a £10,000 a year exclusive gentleman's club FFS. If I'd come on this forum spouting abuse I could maybe understand your post but seeing as all I've done is post a couple of times in a completely serious, logical and factual manner I fail to see quite why you're getting so het up about it. Just what have I posted on this forum that's an attempt to wind anyone up? Grow up.

He's already satisfied the Premier League over the comments supposedly made by his father in Israel's version of The Sun I think you'll find. As for whether he's a white knight, the answer is and has always been no. he bought Pompey to make money, initially from property development. As that's no longer possible, he's looking to sell. And as he's looking to make money I can see no reason why, even if he's already made a profit, that he would just walk away when he could make even more money by selling the club to a new owner - can you?

I'm also interested to note that no-one has been able to refute pretty much anything I've written on here today. Says a lot really

My point about the fit and proper persons test is not that the PL would object, cos they would welcome Pol Pot, Stalin and Hitler if they backed the 39th game proposal, its that if there has been any lying over ownership, it won't be a slap on the wrists.

Nobody outside the PL chairmen, Richard Scudamore and Poopey supporters believes that Daddy has nothing to do with the club. It will finally come out, probably in Israel, but hopefully when Daddy is charged with gun running, junior will walk away, and the club will be left with the debts.

I also don't think that anybody believes that the debts are less than £30m, secured on assets that apart from the players are virtually worthless. In the current transfer market, you need to hope that either Chelski or Man City want to buy your players, as noone else will be buying at ful price for some time to come.

Then again, you could have our t**t of a Chairman, and you would need to be really worried.

LOL at BIG DAZZA, I think that is enough. You are a Skate on the main board. The rules allowing your kind on is that you stay on the Lounge and not to come on here giving it the big one.

Again you would absolutely c### yourself if you ever met up with him and so if i were you Id tone it down because you never know what fate does.

I still think the Moderators should shift you, but it is their site and they decide.

As for a 100k gentlemans club or a £5 forum you cant afford either so get back to Pol

LOL at BIG DAZZA, I think that is enough. You are a Skate on the main board. The rules allowing your kind on is that you stay on the Lounge and not to come on here giving it the big one.

Again you would absolutely c### yourself if you ever met up with him and so if i were you Id tone it down because you never know what fate does.

I still think the Moderators should shift you, but it is their site and they decide.

As for a 100k gentlemans club or a £5 forum you cant afford either so get back to Pol

Let him stay I say, we will have more fun giving it the big one back the day their tin pot club goes t i ts up.

Let him stay I say, we will have more fun giving it the big one back the day their tin pot club goes t i ts up.
and you think he would come on here if they were struggling!!! He's a plastic fan who will walk away and disappear as soon as things get rocky.

Yep, we're in real trouble aren't we? We're in such a lot of trouble that we turned down £15million from Tottenham for Diarra before the window closed. And before anyone says that was a Redknapp lie, no-one from Spurs ever refuted that statement.......

Or confirmed that statement, hth.

My point about the fit and proper persons test is not that the PL would object, cos they would welcome Pol Pot, Stalin and Hitler if they backed the 39th game proposal, its that if there has been any lying over ownership, it won't be a slap on the wrists.

Nobody outside the PL chairmen, Richard Scudamore and Poopey supporters believes that Daddy has nothing to do with the club. It will finally come out, probably in Israel, but hopefully when Daddy is charged with gun running, junior will walk away, and the club will be left with the debts.

I also don't think that anybody believes that the debts are less than £30m, secured on assets that apart from the players are virtually worthless. In the current transfer market, you need to hope that either Chelski or Man City want to buy your players, as noone else will be buying at ful price for some time to come.

Then again, you could have our t**t of a Chairman, and you would need to be really worried.

Have you ever considered that loans might be secured against projected future income. Unless you are going to argue that we will be relegated, (do you think that's going to happen?), how much do you think our TV income will be worth next season? Your financial thinking seems to be a bit short sighted.

Have you ever considered that loans might be secured against projected future income. Unless you are going to argue that we will be relegated, (do you think that's going to happen?), how much do you think our TV income will be worth next season? Your financial thinking seems to be a bit short sighted.

But over 90% of future income is going to go straight on to player wages. With your current structure you are going to making big losses so your loans will only get bigger. If you get relegated or sky decide that the next TV contract isn't worth as much as the current one then you are up **** creek.

But over 90% of future income is going to go straight on to player wages. With your current structure you are going to making big losses so your loans will only get bigger. If you get relegated or sky decide that the next TV contract isn't worth as much as the current one then you are up **** creek.

Sometimes I feel as if I have to explain everything to you lot. The biggest danger is relegation because it produces a massive loss of income. (30-60m say over 2-3 years). To protect yourself from relegation you need to create at least mid table safety to secure your future income of say 120m over 3-4 years. In creating such a squad to ensure continuing premier league status you will almost certainly go into debt. However you are not buying nothing you are buying players that have a sell on value. So if you have a 60m debt whereas before you had nothing, the real difference is 60-40 =20m. Long term this may not be sustainable but it's not the crisis your trying to paint. Your fears for us are largely unfounded Pompey Resident

Sometimes I feel as if I have to explain everything to you lot. The biggest danger is relegation because it produces a massive loss of income. (30-60m say over 2-3 years). To protect yourself from relegation you need to create at least mid table safety to secure your future income of say 120m over 3-4 years. In creating such a squad to ensure continuing premier league status you will almost certainly go into debt. However you are not buying nothing you are buying players that have a sell on value. So if you have a 60m debt whereas before you had nothing, the real difference is 60-40 =20m. Long term this may not be sustainable but it's not the crisis your trying to paint. Your fears for us are largely unfounded Pompey Resident

Well I'm sure everyone on this board is enlightened by your 101 Accounting Course information. Thanks. Just out of interest, could you give us an idea of what asset value you are attributing to David James (38yrs) , Sol Campbell (34), Herman Hreidarsson (34) and Sylvan Distin (30) for example?

The problem is the sell on value of the likes of campbell etc is low as they are too old to be of any use to anyone with a reasonable amount of money.

It has been proved that the current business model Pompey are running is not a successful one long term ie 90% of income on wages when the recommendations are 50-60%.

Where will the money come from to develop the youth, enhance facilities etc?

All Redknapp can do is spend money, he spent a small fortune here on the likes of Jamie Redknapp, Camara, Bernard, Davidson etc and failed. Sooner or later the bubble will burst at Fratton dump as it did for us.