Harry Redknapp

slickmick

and you think he would come on here if they were struggling!!! He's a plastic fan who will walk away and disappear as soon as things get rocky.

Nick Nack loves to throw this accusation at me even though he knows nothing about me at all. Seeing as I've been going to Fratton since the late 70's - and therefore have seen the very worst of times for PFC, far worse than you guys are currently experiencing - it seems unlikely to me that anyone could classify me as a plastic fan. Moreover, Nick Nack seems to think I'll disappear from here if we hit a rocky patch. Funny that for the first three years we were in the Prem and looking like getting relegated each season I didn't disappear (although I'm sure many wished I would :cool:). It seems to me Nick Nack, that you don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Well I'm sure everyone on this board is enlightened by your 101 Accounting Course information. Thanks. Just out of interest, could you give us an idea of what asset value you are attributing to David James (38yrs) , Sol Campbell (34), Herman Hreidarsson (34) and Sylvan Distin (30) for example?

Great argument. which, as I've already pointed out completely fails to take into account the kind of profit we could make on several of our younger first team players like Diarra (bought for £5m, currently valued in excess of £15m), Kranjcar (£3.5m - value now £10m +) Glen Johnson, Defoe etc etc. given his scoring start and the number of clubs who were interested in him before we signed him I'm pretty sure we could even turn a profit on Crouch should we wish to sell him. As I've already said in this thread, you need a blend of experience and younger players in any team. Can anyone say that James (signed for £500k and now England's keeper) Distin (signed on a free) Hreiarsson (free) or Campbell (whose massive wages were 50% paid for by Arsenal until this season and arrived, once again, on a free) have been bad buys? How many posts have there been on this forum saying you need more experienced players to play alongside your kids? I can't understand why you're having a pop at Pompey for doing exactly what many of you appear to be asking your own club to do

Nick Nack loves to throw this accusation at me even though he knows nothing about me at all. Seeing as I've been going to Fratton since the late 70's - and therefore have seen the very worst of times for PFC, far worse than you guys are currently experiencing - it seems unlikely to me that anyone could classify me as a plastic fan. Moreover, Nick Nack seems to think I'll disappear from here if we hit a rocky patch. Funny that for the first three years we were in the Prem and looking like getting relegated each season I didn't disappear (although I'm sure many wished I would :cool:). It seems to me Nick Nack, that you don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Yes Im sure, all those die hard Pompey fans would come on a Saints site wouldnt they from all those years ago. You can tell us you went to the 1939 cup final as we are on the internet and so you can make it all up.

You are so easy to assess, a plastic fan, who only lives to crow about the good times and then disappears in the bad times.

Just go and talk to some friends on POL ,,,,,oh of course not they think you are a prat as well.

Yes Im sure, all those die hard Pompey fans would come on a Saints site wouldnt they from all those years ago. You can tell us you went to the 1939 cup final as we are on the internet and so you can make it all up.

You are so easy to assess, a plastic fan, who only lives to crow about the good times and then disappears in the bad times.

Just go and talk to some friends on POL ,,,,,oh of course not they think you are a prat as well.

All those die hard Pompey fans? Sorry to disappoint you Nick Nack but as an individual I don't do everything exactly the same as every other Pompey fan. And as I've already said, I don't only crow about the good times. I came on here when we looked odds on to go down. Where does that sit with your argument.

Maybe you could just leave these points and concentrate on the points I've made about football, which is what this forum is supposed to be about. Not the personal insults that you seem to have to resort to whilst ignoring what I feel is a valid area of discussion?

All those die hard Pompey fans? Sorry to disappoint you Nick Nack but as an individual I don't do everything exactly the same as every other Pompey fan. And as I've already said, I don't only crow about the good times. I came on here when we looked odds on to go down. Where does that sit with your argument.

Maybe you could just leave these points and concentrate on the points I've made about football, which is what this forum is supposed to be about. Not the personal insults that you seem to have to resort to whilst ignoring what I feel is a valid area of discussion?

Alternatively YOU could about turn, and fook off back to your own board and stop polluting ours with your putrid fishy stench.

Hate having to admit I read this paper, but in the Sun today Harry quoted the following:

'I have always taken over poor teams and made them better.

Bournemouth were in the old fourth division, West Ham were a yo-yo club, Portsmouth were struggling in what is now the Championship and Southampton were on their way down'.

Now, which part has Harry got wrong ?

At least he has acknowledged he managed us this time.

This will attract unwarranted attention from the Harry is Satan fraternity but...

I'm sorry but HR has said nothing there that I disagree with. The problem with the club relegating may be partly down to HRs eventual disloyalty in failing to bounce us straight back up again and no doubts HR is technically wrong as we were not in a relegation spot when he took over.

However, the Club was falling due to its strategic leadership (Lowe) for sometime. Lowe failed to invest under WGS's reign despite pleads from wee Gordon for reinforcement - that inevitably led to WGS leaving for a 'knee operation' [coughs...bull****].

Harry right - Saints were going down before we asked him to perform a miracle - he tried (even bringing his own son in to give us our badly needed midfield so craved by WGS) but it was probably too late given the barren January transfer window.

So, HRs assessment is right. I know who I'd prefer to have at the club right now if I had to decide between Lowe and Harry. Loser or winner? You decide.

You may go and tak about anything on the other boards as that is allowed in the argeement to let Skates on this site.You are infringing those rules by coming on the main board, and I am very surprised that the moderators are turning a blind eye to this, and it makes it worse that I as a paid up member has to put up with a rival fan who is only registered coming on abusing other respected Saints fans.

Why this is happening is somewhat a surprise. As for your views on this I'm not interested as you would want to suck up to HR.

Re-writing history again! Total rubbish - I was at the Stapleford training ground on the day before the final game aginst Man Utd - hardly likely to forget as it was part of my 60th treat from my kids. ALL players were there and it was a full training session which finished at lunchtime.

You appear to forget that Chummy boy held the purse strings - oh and how much did he give Redknapp to keep us up - naf all. Thought Davenport was on loan??

I am SFC through and through but your dislike of the man clouds your memory and thinking. Where Redknapp has managed he has done well for club and quality of football. His methods may not suit all but there again I would prefer to be watching Prem football than the doomed fare beind served up by Lowe Disunited.

Sabotage the club, winking at Mandaric? You really are clueless and out of touch with reality - for once I agree with PFC's reading of the situation.

Wasn't he given £6m ???

Harry right - Saints were going down before we asked him to perform a miracle - he tried (even bringing his own son in to give us our badly needed midfield so craved by WGS) but it was probably too late given the barren January transfer window.

Yes fancy asking him to perform the miracle of getting 21 points from 22 games and such a barren January transfer window in which he brought in half a team in the shape of Quashie, Redknapp, Bernard, Camara and Davenport. That ace manager Bryan Robson at WBA who were behind us at Christmas only got Kevin Campbell (an aging donkey) on a free, Richard Chaplow (later lent to us because he wasn't good enough for the PL) and Richardson on loan and managed to overtake us.

You may go and tak about anything on the other boards as that is allowed in the argeement to let Skates on this site.You are infringing those rules by coming on the main board, and I am very surprised that the moderators are turning a blind eye to this, and it makes it worse that I as a paid up member has to put up with a rival fan who is only registered coming on abusing other respected Saints fans.

Why this is happening is somewhat a surprise. As for your views on this I'm not interested as you would want to suck up to HR.

From the rules...

The Saints - often referred to as the "Main Board", this is the forum for all Saints-related discussion, including the team, club finances, boardroom discussion, ticketing, transfer rumours, etc. We ask that supporters of other clubs do not post on this forum. Use "The Lounge" or "The Muppet Show" instead. This forum is now only visible to registered members to protect the load on the server at peak times, particularly matchdays. To view this forum, please register

skate ****s

This will attract unwarranted attention from the Harry is Satan fraternity but...

I'm sorry but HR has said nothing there that I disagree with. The problem with the club relegating may be partly down to HRs eventual disloyalty in failing to bounce us straight back up again and no doubts HR is technically wrong as we were not in a relegation spot when he took over.

However, the Club was falling due to its strategic leadership (Lowe) for sometime. Lowe failed to invest under WGS's reign despite pleads from wee Gordon for reinforcement - that inevitably led to WGS leaving for a 'knee operation' [coughs...bull****].

So, HRs assessment is right. I know who I'd prefer to have at the club right now if I had to decide between Lowe and Harry. Loser or winner? You decide.

Rubbish. What redknapp left plenty out of that quote: his spell at Bournemouth left them bankrupt, he wasted loads of money at west ham and won nothing, he had relatively loads to spend on Championship Portsmouth, and Saints were above the relegation zone when he arrived.

From the rules...

The Saints - often referred to as the "Main Board", this is the forum for all Saints-related discussion, including the team, club finances, boardroom discussion, ticketing, transfer rumours, etc. We ask that supporters of other clubs do not post on this forum. Use "The Lounge" or "The Muppet Show" instead. This forum is now only visible to registered members to protect the load on the server at peak times, particularly matchdays. To view this forum, please register

skate ****s

Do you think?

a) The Mods are allowing us onto Pompey related topics but would batter us fish if we stray. A policy which gives the Mods daily power over us rather than simply excludingan additional perspective from the board.

b) The Mods are closet skates who have already got their Milan tickets.

c) The Mods are enabling some of the more limited posters on here to wina few arguments as we can only post 3 times and this can be trumped by a memberes fourth post.

d) The Mods by a pragmatic policy are heading off an expensive legal challenge to the European Court of Fish Rights for equal access to the best board on the south coast.

The correct answers are of course a b c and d.

Yes fancy asking him to perform the miracle of getting 21 points from 22 games and such a barren January transfer window in which he brought in half a team in the shape of Quashie, Redknapp, Bernard, Camara and Davenport. That ace manager Bryan Robson at WBA who were behind us at Christmas only got Kevin Campbell (an aging donkey) on a free, Richard Chaplow (later lent to us because he wasn't good enough for the PL) and Richardson on loan and managed to overtake us.

They only overtook you because we pushed them over the line. They were awful and there was a real risk of us winning by an o.g. or some other fluke. In the second half our defence stopped tackling them and they still couldn't score. Matt Taylor threw himself on the ball rolling it around between his arms whilst looking at the ref but he just wouldn't blow. In the end Linvoy had to turn his back on Horsfield so he could score. You may be right about Redknapp but crediting Robson with overtaking you is...well...I'm speachless

They only overtook you because we pushed them over the line. They were awful and there was a real risk of us winning by an o.g. or some other fluke. In the second half our defence stopped tackling them and they still couldn't score. Matt Taylor threw himself on the ball rolling it around between his arms whilst looking at the ref but he just wouldn't blow. In the end Linvoy had to turn his back on Horsfield so he could score. You may be right about Redknapp but crediting Robson with overtaking you is...well...I'm speachless

Just when I was going to join in the "Keep Skates off the main board" mob, this little gem appears. ;)

Tks skateboy.

What a deluded f**k piece.

You could have beaten them 25-0 and we'd still have gone down. You 'letting' West Brom win relegated Crystal Palace, not us.

Rubbish. What redknapp left plenty out of that quote: his spell at Bournemouth left them bankrupt, he wasted loads of money at west ham and won nothing, he had relatively loads to spend on Championship Portsmouth, and Saints were above the relegation zone when he arrived.

Incorrect, we were 18th and 3rd bottom (although only two points from 15th place) when he took over but he still had enough time and a transfer window to do what many expected him to do but in which he ultimately failed.

You could have beaten them 25-0 and we'd still have gone down. You 'letting' West Brom win relegated Crystal Palace, not us.

I think these Skates are a bit simple, my Skate boss is the same. I keep trying to tell him, had we beat Man U, we would have stayed up. As we lost to them, we went down. Man U relegated us, not WBA or The Skates.

It seems to have become an urban myth, like Denis Law's back heel ( which didn't relegate Man U either, as results elsewhere had already done that)

I think these Skates are a bit simple, my Skate boss is the same. I keep trying to tell him, had we beat Man U, we would have stayed up. As we lost to them, we went down. Man U relegated us, not WBA or The Skates.

It seems to have become an urban myth, like Denis Law's back heel ( which didn't relegate Man U either, as results elsewhere had already done that)

Aye, but if West Brom had lost we wouldn't have finished bottom :(

Nick, I'm sorry to say this but your post above makes you come across as one of the most pompous sounding blokes I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Mods turning a blind eye? Abusing respected Saints fans? (just who have I abused exactly? writing LOL at Dazza is abuse is it?) Nick, this is a football messageboard, not the house of Lords. I seriously suggest that you get a grip on yourself and get over it mate.

All I've posted on this forum is serious stuff on a Saints related theme (ie Redknapp). I really COULD abuse you after the rubbish you've written above but out of respect for the rules I won't.

You constantly post wrong info about me (like saying I slagged Redknapp of and called him Judas) which any long time user of this forum knows is incorrect and that I always said I rated him. You're the one throwing abuse, you've got a real chip on your shoulder about me. If you don't like it, don't read it. Get a life and grow up

Nick, I'm sorry to say this but your post above makes you come across as one of the most pompous sounding blokes I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Mods turning a blind eye? Abusing respected Saints fans? (just who have I abused exactly? writing LOL at Dazza is abuse is it?) Nick, this is a football messageboard, not the house of Lords. I seriously suggest that you get a grip on yourself and get over it mate.

All I've posted on this forum is serious stuff on a Saints related theme (ie Redknapp). I really COULD abuse you after the rubbish you've written above but out of respect for the rules I won't.

You constantly post wrong info about me (like saying I slagged Redknapp of and called him Judas) which any long time user of this forum knows is incorrect and that I always said I rated him. You're the one throwing abuse, you've got a real chip on your shoulder about me. If you don't like it, don't read it. Get a life and grow up

Not the Nick Nack this time odd isnt it.

You are an interloper on a Saints forum, you know the rules and the moderators for some reason are ignoring the fact.

trying to inflame Daren with your post was out of order and again if you ever met him you'd cr## yourself.

You are a Pompey fan and have your own site.Your main reasomn to come on here is to try and inflame the sentiments.

As for having a chip I think not Im not the saddo who feels he has to go on in anominity onto a rival fans site giving it the big one.

My god, I agree with a skate.

You are in danger of creating a myth yourself, had we beaten West Brom you wouldn't have had to beat Man U you would only have needed to draw with them, in which case you would have achieved the same number of points as Palace but had a better goal difference by a single goal. The West Brom Pompey result therefore determined what you had to do. You might only have had to draw but the Hawthorns result meant you had to win. So at the end of the day it's a matter of interpretation, either our defeat relegated you by setting you an impossible task, or you relegated yourselves without any help from us. Both cases are arguable. Let's just skate over our differences and agree that the simple truth is that your boss is right.

You are in danger of creating a myth yourself, had we beaten West Brom you wouldn't have had to beat Man U you would only have needed to draw with them, in which case you would have achieved the same number of points as Palace but had a better goal difference by a single goal. The West Brom Pompey result therefore determined what you had to do. You might only have had to draw but the Hawthorns result meant you had to win. So at the end of the day it's a matter of interpretation, either our defeat relegated you by setting you an impossible task, or you relegated yourselves without any help from us. Both cases are arguable. Let's just skate over our differences and agree that the simple truth is that your boss is right.

Yes, but we didn't draw with Man U because we let Fletcher and Van Nistelhorse have free headers and frankly, if you are so appalling that you only collect 32 points over a season with a squad that started the season with some quality players, you deserve to go down and we did and we didn't deserve any sympathy. What Pompey did or didn't do at WBA is irrelevant, Palace would have stayed up anyway. There's already been a "where did it go wrong thread" but to sum up, poor decision-making at boardroom level did for us, worst of all Wigley when the board should have learned from the Gray debacle. I was preparing for relegation even before the Bolton game in August 2004 when Lowe forced it through without consulting the board and he should have resigned in late 2004 when Wigley went. The atmosphere at the Blackburn game before Sturrock went and at the Bolton game afterwards was really odd and you just sensed the club was in dire trouble.

Pompey fans - you've had your debate now, you've got a lot of games coming up so back to your Pompey boards. I've never been on a Pompey fans board in my life and don't really get why they are on here when Saints are insolvent and we're in our worst postwar state. In fact, there's probably been more Pompey postings on this thread than Saints ones. To be honest, HR is old history and I'm just hoping SFC can survive and that we have a viable club at least at CCC level for generations to come. Pompey just aren't on most Saints fans radar or thoughts at the moment so you're wasting your time.

I'd just like to say that I have always enjoyed Corp Ho and Eye Skate's contributions to the board. They are generally amusing and don't deliberately set out to wind Saints fans up (unlike, for example, the idiots you get on the Echo's reply pages). I generally think that NickH makes good, sensible points so I don't see why they've all fallen out. I don't want to see fans of other clubs being able to come on here and abuse us or the club but I don't think these two contributors have ever done that except with their tongues firmly in their cheeks. It would be a sad place if we couldn't have light-hearted debate with our nearest rivals without seeking protection behind forum rules.

For the record, I thought Redknapp did an appalling job with Saints because his heart wasn't in it and because he wasn't allowed to negotiate the transfers. I also think his failure here is too often glossed over both by him and his media friends.

There's already been a "where did it go wrong thread" but to sum up, poor decision-making at boardroom level did for us, worst of all Wigley when the board should have learned from the Gray debacle.

Interesting point, The mistake has been made twice before. Fans are worried that it could happen again and we will end up with another Burley or Redknapp.

Not the Nick Nack this time odd isnt it.

You are an interloper on a Saints forum, you know the rules and the moderators for some reason are ignoring the fact.

trying to inflame Daren with your post was out of order and again if you ever met him you'd cr## yourself.

You are a Pompey fan and have your own site.Your main reasomn to come on here is to try and inflame the sentiments.

As for having a chip I think not Im not the saddo who feels he has to go on in anominity onto a rival fans site giving it the big one.

PMSL. Are you saying that you count me calling you Nick Nack as abuse? Christ, you must have been easy to upset back in the playground. What a delicate little flower. Again PMSL - trying to "inflame"

Big Dazza? By saying LOL at him? I see nothing else in the post I made that could possibly "inflame" him, just a few points in response to his observations. Why would I crap myself if I ever met him? Is he incredibly violent? If not I fail to see what there is about him that would make me **** myself.

Nick Nack (is that more to your liking) for someone on a messageboard you seem to have an extremely inflated sense of people's rights and etiquette. I suggest you start your own forum and only allow people to post that match your delicate sensibilities. You could call it the Pompous Buffoon. You might find it a little lonely but at least you'd be happy

PMSL. Are you saying that you count me calling you Nick Nack as abuse? Christ, you must have been easy to upset back in the playground. What a delicate little flower. Again PMSL - trying to "inflame"

Big Dazza? By saying LOL at him? I see nothing else in the post I made that could possibly "inflame" him, just a few points in response to his observations. Why would I crap myself if I ever met him? Is he incredibly violent? If not I fail to see what there is about him that would make me **** myself.

Nick Nack (is that more to your liking) for someone on a messageboard you seem to have an extremely inflated sense of people's rights and etiquette. I suggest you start your own forum and only allow people to post that match your delicate sensibilities. You could call it the Pompous Buffoon. You might find it a little lonely but at least you'd be happy

No I dont think that Nick Nack is abuse its just smarmy stuff that you are noted for.

Pay your £5 and then I would understand the moderators putting up with you on the main board. At present you are not contributing to the runnng costs of the site but also infringing rules that you know are part of Skates coming on here.It's very easy, you have rules to be allowed to post if you dont follow them you are supposed to get infractions or banned.

Daren has kept his powder dry and not responded fair play to him, I dont know if he is violent or not but I doubt if face to face you'd risk saying any of what you do from the safety of behind the computer.

Anyway you have wasted 1 of your 3 posts on me, so we only have to put up with 2 more.

I'd just like to say that I have always enjoyed Corp Ho and Eye Skate's contributions to the board. They are generally amusing and don't deliberately set out to wind Saints fans up (unlike, for example, the idiots you get on the Echo's reply pages). I generally think that NickH makes good, sensible points so I don't see why they've all fallen out. I don't want to see fans of other clubs being able to come on here and abuse us or the club but I don't think these two contributors have ever done that except with their tongues firmly in their cheeks. It would be a sad place if we couldn't have light-hearted debate with our nearest rivals without seeking protection behind forum rules.

For the record, I thought Redknapp did an appalling job with Saints because his heart wasn't in it and because he wasn't allowed to negotiate the transfers. I also think his failure here is too often glossed over both by him and his media friends.

Well thank you for that unsolicited testimonial. That's very kind of you. When people show kindness and appreciation it provokes others to similar sentiments. All the saints supporters i've ever met have been intelligent, employed and friendly persons not a bit like the stereotype of the turnip crunching jaw and long vowels, the saint I took to Fratton was very pleasant and she even wanted to pay. So the stereotypes of each other may not be entirely true as my Dad's cousin/brother used to say. I wish you a speedy return to the top flight where unfortunately we will beat you once more. But hey we miss you come back.

Yes, but we didn't draw with Man U because we let Fletcher and Van Nistelhorse have free headers and frankly, if you are so appalling that you only collect 32 points over a season with a squad that started the season with some quality players, you deserve to go down and we did and we didn't deserve any sympathy. What Pompey did or didn't do at WBA is irrelevant, Palace would have stayed up anyway. There's already been a "where did it go wrong thread" but to sum up, poor decision-making at boardroom level did for us, worst of all Wigley when the board should have learned from the Gray debacle. I was preparing for relegation even before the Bolton game in August 2004 when Lowe forced it through without consulting the board and he should have resigned in late 2004 when Wigley went. The atmosphere at the Blackburn game before Sturrock went and at the Bolton game afterwards was really odd and you just sensed the club was in dire trouble.

Pompey fans - you've had your debate now, you've got a lot of games coming up so back to your Pompey boards. I've never been on a Pompey fans board in my life and don't really get why they are on here when Saints are insolvent and we're in our worst postwar state. In fact, there's probably been more Pompey postings on this thread than Saints ones. To be honest, HR is old history and I'm just hoping SFC can survive and that we have a viable club at least at CCC level for generations to come. Pompey just aren't on most Saints fans radar or thoughts at the moment so you're wasting your time.

You sound really rather depressed are you sure you are really up to living in Hayling surrounded by the Blue Few? Would a holiday in Millbrook with relatives cheer you up. You do rather over egg the omelet. Saints are not insolvent, neither are you in your worst post war state. You are nowhere near the depths we sank to. Each year I used to discover that I had a bit more soul than I thought I had. We finished in the bottom half of the table ten years running. Each year it was soul destroying. Each year just when you thought there was no bit of soul left to be destroyed you found a tiny bit more soul to be pummeled into nothingness as the last residue of hope died. Get it into perspective, you've only had a couple of years devoid of hope. Don't bother going on a Pompey site, it's all isn't Redknapp great, yes I agree, zzzzzzzzzz. Much more interesting here with a range from wish he was still here to I wish he was dead and i blame him for my wife leaving me. It's probably just an early thirties crisis you're going through, don't eat too much sugar, insist on coriander at restuarants rather than flat parsley and remember with eight billion people in the world someone must love you, it's just a matter of meeting that one special person.

Can we not ban NickH. My god he's annoying!

Are you mad? He's the best Saints supporter in the land.

As for the skate contributors, I really have a totally irrational HATRED of their club, fans, team, manager, "stadium", city, chairman, team strip, toilet facilities and pubs but have to say that their regular posters on here are IMO tongue in cheek, quite funny and don't take the ****. Why they post on here is another unfathomable matter but, at the risk of making myself puke, I don't mind them.

God I can't believe I said a nearly nice thing about skates! Just for my own sense of sanity Corp Ho and Eyes 8 I have to say **** off and die but I don't mean it.