Harry Redknapp

slickmick

Good luck to him, he has done all he can for Pompey and he knows that all the promises of new grounds and new training facilities are just bullsh*t as they are mired in debt.

Unlike many on here I do not wish on them a future like our recent history. We want a strong football presence in the South but with one team heading for the BSQ and another for the Third Division the last thing this region needs or deserves is for it's one remaining team above the parapet to disintegrate in the wake of Redknapps departure and also start falling like a stone through the divisions.

What value our infamous rivalry in the Southern Conference with only 316 watching?

Oh My God! A double wammy of good news this morning! Not only did I forget the clocks went back and got an extra hour of kip but i turn the tele on and Harry has done another judas on Pompey! HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

anyone still think he has any scruples? The good news is that pompey will now crumble into the dung-heap that is fratton and spurs will get shafted by harry in the same way we were!

& Harry is still on bail. Ha Ha.

Missed this thread and posted on the other one on same subject already but i just love the fact Storrie says..."apparently Spurs is one of the only clubs he would consider leaving for."

Even the blue few must now realise the type of person he is. Storrie obviously does.

Guess financially they must be in trouble...never mind :)

Sad it needs something like this to improve the weekend...

Missed this thread and posted on the other one on same subject already but i just love the fact Storrie says..."apparently Spurs is one of the only clubs he would consider leaving for."

Even the blue few must now realise the type of person he is. Storrie obviously does.

Guess financially they must be in trouble...never mind :)

Sad it needs something like this to improve the weekend...

What Storrie means is that Arry Boy if he ****s up at Spurs would like to come back to St Marys and really finish us off....Lowey would not give us that at xmas time as a parting gift..would he?

At least Arry is a football man.....Venables told me that....He did not mention Lowey.

Because he took us into the premier league, won us an FA cup, and into Europe for the first time. You're in a minority mate. Most of us with a level head and some maturity are sad to see him go but wish him all the best. He's not a Pompey fan, most people in football aren't at the club they support, so any wailing about being a 'Judas' etc etc, is just small minded.

Also, the glee from s*ints fans on here merely betrays the fact that you all know what a good manager he's been for us. Thanks Harry, it's been brilliant.....

What a load of cr*p - he's made Pompey the laughing stock and we'll see they are in a year's time.

What a load of cr*p - he's made Pompey the laughing stock and we'll see they are in a year's time.

Sorry? God knows that I am not a HR fan or a Skate but the "laughing stock" that has won the F.A. Cup, qualified for Europe and are now regularly a middling PL team? As much as I detest the mercenary git, he has to take some credit for where Poopey are now.:confused:

Sorry? God knows that I am not a HR fan or a Skate but the "laughing stock" that has won the F.A. Cup, qualified for Europe and are now regularly a middling PL team? As much as I detest the mercenary git, he has to take some credit for where Poopey are now.:confused:

You don't have to be a brilliant manager if you have had loads of lolly to spend. But it looks as though he has spent them into big time debt and is doing his rat from a ship trick again.

You don't have to be a brilliant manager if you have had loads of lolly to spend. But it looks as though he has spent them into big time debt and is doing his rat from a ship trick again.

Plenty of managers have had "lolly" had not done much as Newcastle fans will testify. Everyone may hate HR but it's funny how he has become a sought after manager in recent years.

Plenty of managers have had "lolly" had not done much as Newcastle fans will testify. Everyone may hate HR but it's funny how he has become a sought after manager in recent years.

Agree, and not only that has the man management skills to entice top prem players from quality setups to a sh*t hole on the south coast........Bet your house on the **** keeping the yids up, and the rags proclaiming He Walks on Water:mad:

Agree, and not only that has the man management skills to entice top prem players from quality setups to a sh*t hole on the south coast........Bet your house on the **** keeping the yids up, and the rags proclaiming He Walks on Water:mad:

You are recomended for a job on the Sun newspaper to write all front page headlines.

He's not a Pompey fan, most people in football aren't at the club they support, so any wailing about being a 'Judas' etc etc, is just small minded.

Not a fan ?? he 'loves' your lot, i'm a fan of women but I love my woman and am loyal to her, wake up ffs, f uck me over once shame on you f uck me over twice shame on me, he is morally bankrupt and it will manifest in some way at Spuds, guaranteed.

Edited by INFLUENCED.COM

???

The "debt" they have is money owed to the owner - son of a russian gun-runner, who probably loses more than that down the back of his sofa every year.

Oh and talk to Ramos about not having to be a brilliant manager if you have lolly to spend ;)

depends who we get in regarding selling players - I do not believe we need to sell anyway - we turned down a £15M for Diarra on transfer deadline day. however if we do not get a respected british man in a la curbs/alladyce ilk we will be in trouble. either way we were always going to be in difficult times when he chose to leave and thats the point he chose to leave

southampton and pompey are now united in the hating of judas thats a FACT !

Sorry mate, he's a feckin' hero up here, for a few days anyway!

I thought it was very odd that Redknapp was credited with Tottenham's win against Bolton, after all it was the youth and reserve team managers who were officially in charge today. Then again, it was also all Pearson's fault that he lost his first game even though it was still Dodd and Gorman picking the team etc.

Because he took us into the premier league, won us an FA cup, and into Europe for the first time. You're in a minority mate. Most of us with a level head and some maturity are sad to see him go but wish him all the best. He's not a Pompey fan, most people in football aren't at the club they support, so any wailing about being a 'Judas' etc etc, is just small minded.

Also, the glee from s*ints fans on here merely betrays the fact that you all know what a good manager he's been for us. Thanks Harry, it's been brilliant.....

I understand Spurs was always his "spiritual home" and so he had to leave Pfc who were his "spiritual home" although West Ham was always his "spiritual home" apart from Bournemouth who were always his spiritual home.

Basicially the man's a Judas cxxt who will sell his soul to the best bidder?

When Saggychops was in Portugal at the end of last week, he hinted that he was going to try and hi-jack Beckhams move to Italy. Poopey fans must have been very happy. Pity that he meant that he wanted him at Spuds, because he must have known that he was going to WHL even then! These things don`t happen overnight.

Two things, the next manager for Pompey is critical - there are a lot of tempermental foreign players who have been ousted from bigger clubs, and over the hill ones like Campbell.

They have no money to invest and a huge wage bill. Allardyce may not be the man for the job and I think Curbishley is not the manager he is cracked up to be anymore.

It doesn't matter who the money is owed to the critical thing is what money do they have in the bank to spend. Like Saints after the Cup they need to realise that they are now ina relegation battle before it is too late.

I agree that football on the South coast is in sh1t street with only Pompey doing anythig of note. One thing they have in common they have all be managed and destroyed by Redknapp - Bournemouth left bankrupt, lack of application at Saints and Pompey left cash poor!!

I hope the bloke fails and is sacked by xmas!! Childish I know but it gripes my sh1t how little of the blame he took for our relegation whilst others on the playing and board staff seemed to take a disproportionate amount of the blame.

i agree i would love to be in their position at this club.

if being 9th or whatever in the prem, having some of the players they have, in te groups of the uefa cup, with 3-4 england players and just having won the cup is destroying them, then god help all other managers in the history of football

BCN

how have pompey been destroyed by arry??

Probably leaving Poopey with an unsustainably high wage bill (as he did at West Ham) after paying big transfer fees for some ordinary players (Nugent 6m??). It will be interesting to see what happens when the transfer window opens in January. Yes, they have had some measure of success, but so did Leeds Utd.

if being 9th or whatever in the prem, having some of the players they have, in te groups of the uefa cup, with 3-4 england players and just having won the cup is destroying them, then god help all other managers in the history of football
its amazing really for a club like portsmouth to even be in the premiership and doing well well seeing that they have a small fanbase.

Harry is poular with th media because he has cultivated the cheeky chappie image who is always good for a quote. Most managers cant string two words together

He knows that he needs money to be successful like most other managers not just to buy players but to pay them high wages to come to clubs like Portsmouth.

When the money is gone he is gone too.

He is always the victim.

If Portsmouth choose the wrong manager and dont get some financial backing they will be in the ****. A little club in a ****ty town with an old ground hmmmm thats a recipe ofr the Championship

Probably leaving Poopey with an unsustainably high wage bill (as he did at West Ham) after paying big transfer fees for some ordinary players (Nugent 6m??). It will be interesting to see what happens when the transfer window opens in January. Yes, they have had some measure of success, but so did Leeds Utd.

so, when it comes to poor finances at southampton it is ruperts fault..when it comes to anything redknapp, it is is fault

i dont get it??

so, when it comes to poor finances at southampton it is ruperts fault..when it comes to anything redknapp, it is is fault

i dont get it??

Some will say that Harry spends money like water (if not controlled) to achieve some success, but that Rupert did not spend enough, when he should have done, (after F.A. Cup Final) to ensure the we not only stayed in the PL, but to move us up to the much vaunted "Next Level".Unfortunately this led to relegation, which was the cause of our money problems. In other words a manager (esp H) will just keep spending as long as he is being fed money, but the Chairman has to know when to release money in a "speculate to accumulate" sort of way.

Some will say that Harry spends money like water (if not controlled) to achieve some success, but that Rupert did not spend enough, when he should have done, (after F.A. Cup Final) to ensure the we not only stayed in the PL, but to move us up to the much vaunted "Next Level".Unfortunately this led to relegation, which was the cause of our money problems. In other words a manager (esp H) will just keep spending as long as he is being fed money, but the Chairman has to know when to release money in a "speculate to accumulate" sort of way.

ok, what manager would not spend money if the board gave it to them?

ok, what manager would not spend money if the board gave it to them?

Quite right. ANY manager would, and you can`t blame them for doing so. It is the job of the Chairman/Board to control the Managers spending and release the cash at the RIGHT time. Rupert just didn`t seem to want to do this for the Managers (for 1st team strengthening), although he did spend a lot of money on peripherals. Simply, relegation is the cause of our current financial plight and there is a school of thought that Lowe is to blame.

From the BBC article on 'arry getting the freedom of the city tomorrow:

Also, Cllr Vernon-Jackson admitted that the council would "need to think again" about plans to name a new civic clock tower bell after Redknapp.

Maybe they could just name the end of it after him instead?

I understand Spurs was always his "spiritual home" and so he had to leave Pfc who were his "spiritual home" although West Ham was always his "spiritual home" apart from Bournemouth who were always his spiritual home.

Basicially the man's a Judas cxxt who will sell his soul to the best bidder?

Apart from MLT most of football is like that, hadn't you worked it out ?

sure, but why does this make arry a crap manager if all do it?

I am not sure that it makes him a crap manager but it would seem to indicate that he can only get success with lots of money. When he left West Ham they had one of the biggest wage bills in the PL. By all accounts he has left Poopey in a similar position. His time at Saints would appear to indicate that his management skills are less when he has a much reduced budget to work with. Does this make him a good manager or a crap one? There are any number of managers who have moderate success without spending 6m - 12m (and accompanying wages) on players.

then you have no idea

arsenal have a massive wage bill and pay the their "young ones" a massive amount...dont be fooled by the apparent low payments for transfers

also, not many others would commit 12m for an untried 16 year old!!!

Really? I know for a fact that he has a **** load of cash at his disposal.

"From the BBC article on 'arry getting the freedom of the city tomorrow:Maybe they could just name the end of it after him instead"

Like it. On a similar note, did anyone see MOTD2 last night? Did Adrian Chiles call him Harry Redkn*b or was I hearing what I wanted to hear?