Crowd today

70's Mike

It wasn't that we were incredibly bad, it was just that we couldn't stick a ball in the net, even from 12 yards.

or stop them from 6 yards, those nasty Watford boys kicked the ball in the air, and had someone who could throw it into the box.

excuses used and heard at under 12 tyro games

It wasn't that we were incredibly bad, it was just that we couldn't stick a ball in the net, even from 12 yards.

Au contraire, we were incredibly bad, as were Watford to be fair. I have never seen such an inept performance by a Saints team (indeed I struggle to think of a worse performance by any team I have seen, ever). We would not have scored today if we had played until midnight. It was lucky for us that Watford gave up in the 2nd half and decided to have a defensive training session instead :)

But how many were there to hear the final whistle? That will give us a better idea of future attendances.

When the final whistle went the place was half full.

I looked around me and the Itchen was just full of despondent people, the Northam was half empty with many leaving well before the final whistle.

There was a resigned air about the place and most people were so apathetic that no one really did anything when the whistle went (neither clapped nor booed - although there were a few boos).

This experiment is slowly strangling the life and passion out of this Club.

I just don't think people care anymore, which is really depressing because I fear we will all need to be in this together in the coming months as I am growing increasingly concerned about the invitability of administration.

Is there any spirit to rally round and get the Club going again????

I looked around me and the Itchen was just full of despondent people, the Northam was half empty with many leaving well before the final whistle.

There was a resigned air about the place and most people were so apathetic that no one really did anything when the whistle went (neither clapped nor booed - although there were a few boos).

I just don't think people care anymore, which is really depressing because I fear we will all need to be in this together in the coming months as I am growing increasingly concerned about the invitability of administration.

NO

I know managers ranting and shouting on the touch line does not necessarily mean they know what they are doing, but this club is desparate for a sign that the players/coaching staff/directors/shareholders actually care.

Ow for an Alan Ball type or even Dennis Rofe( not everyones cup of tea) but short slevves in winter , sitting on the tarmac on the half way line in front of the East Stand at the Dell , until Ref moved him, the players knew where they stood and we as fans knew they were getting advice and boll*ckings as required.

We appear to be running a pc nursery where players doing badly are given another chance and we are expected to keep throwing our money at it

I think it was the first time in a long time that the Northam didnt sell out yesterday unless people just didnt turn up. The crowd figures looked decent only because of the Watford support. The heart and soul has been ripped out of this club and major transplant surgery is needed.

NO

I know managers ranting and shouting on the touch line does not necessarily mean they know what they are doing, but this club is desparate for a sign that the players/coaching staff/directors/shareholders actually care.

Ow for an Alan Ball type or even Dennis Rofe( not everyones cup of tea) but short slevves in winter , sitting on the tarmac on the half way line in front of the East Stand at the Dell , until Ref moved him, the players knew where they stood and we as fans knew they were getting advice and boll*ckings as required.

We appear to be running a pc nursery where players doing badly are given another chance and we are expected to keep throwing our money at it

I kept one eye on Jan Poortvliet yesterday and he spent the entire match standing motionless in the technical area with his hands in his pockets apparently unconcerned as the team self-destructed in front of him .

Now different managers/coaches all have their own individual style and I don't believe for one moment that you can shout your way to success in football Mike Bassett style , but I was angry , the fans around me in the Chapel were angry and it would have been nice to think the management shared that sense of dissatisfaction with the teams unacceptable performance and might even have dared to communicate that emotion to the players on the pitch .

We're all agreed that JP seems to be a nice bloke and I'm sure the players like him but who ever said being 'nice' or popular with the players was ever an advantage in football management ? - indeed you could argue the exact opposite is more often the case , at least in British football culture .

So pretty much everyone stayed until the end then!

Even with home attendances dropping, I still hope we can keep our top away support. I will not be 100% affected by the football, but for the atmosphere, banter, singing and the pubs. I hope we can still sell out at places like Palace, Charlton, Reading etc.

Even with home attendances dropping, I still hope we can keep our top away support. I will not be 100% affected by the football, but for the atmosphere, banter, singing and the pubs. I hope we can still sell out at places like Palace, Charlton, Reading etc.

There is no way we will sell 2000 for Palace (Monday night on TV). We should, just about, sell out 2200 for Reading but can’t see us selling 3000 for Charlton a week later.