Le Tiss on Twitter

Nexstar

What is all the # nonsense about on there? Is there anyone called #browns on twitter?

To be honest, I got no idea what the F all this # tag crap is all about. Who gives a F what everyone else is talking about? If I was interested in what they had to say I would follow them!

The hash tags are just used to start or contribute to a trending topic, like ours is #saintsfc. If you search for '#saintsfc' you'll then find a load of tweets by people talking about us.

Twitter can be as banal or absorbing as you make it really - depends how much time you're willing to invest and who you follow. If anyone wants to follow a fellow supporter I'm on there as antonydjames :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, just to clarify, Matt does have a Twitter account but not a Facebook page, but he has stopped using it recently.

As his son said this morning to someone who enquired:

@MitchLeTiss42 has he left twitter 2?

@jonhughes1510 yes John he has gotten bored with it I think just loved tweeting about #saintsfc going up 2011. #skateswerecomingforyou

I met Matt at a Sportsman's dinner in Oswestry last Friday. Ironically just as I approached his vehicle to have a chat he was discussing twitter and the fact that he had 'bored himself' and stopped posting.

PS Had some very interesting things to say about the club and the chairman. Doesn't appear to much love lost there.

I met Matt at a Sportsman's dinner in Oswestry last Friday. Ironically just as I approached his vehicle to have a chat he was discussing twitter and the fact that he had 'bored himself' and stopped posting.

PS Had some very interesting things to say about the club and the chairman. Doesn't appear to much love lost there.

as much as I love MLT as the player.. I really do wonder where we would be as a club today had he and "micky" actually took over the club....

Very charasmatic and engaging. Main items were:

NC asked him to switch sides when they came into club. MT refused.

NC not happy with his comments in Echo

NC caused significant damage to FB house

Reckoned club were losing 500k per month

That club was being touted around city

Asked if he had been coaching RL on his pens. He said not

Very charasmatic and engaging. Main items were:

NC asked him to switch sides when they came into club. MT refused.

NC not happy with his comments in Echo

NC caused significant damage to FB house

Reckoned club were losing 500k per month

That club was being touted around city

Asked if he had been coaching RL on his pens. He said not

That seems like a silly thing to do on Matt's part.

seems NC and markus wanted MLT onboard from the off

In fairness do not know how it was presented to him or what the situation was. Seems very odd that MLT would refuse if they were billionaires. If that is so then seems like a huge error on Matt's part.

In fairness do not know how it was presented to him or what the situation was. Seems very odd that MLT would refuse if they were billionaires. If that is so then seems like a huge error on Matt's part.

if true, a huge error after the huge error of backing micky

That seems like a silly thing to do on Matt's part.

Or

By that time Matt had realised he had screwed up big time and was being used. He could not back out as events determined that somehow Pinnacle came up with the 500k and were the exclusive bidder.

Matt stated that he would back anyone who made an actual bid. Up until that exclusivity, only one group had made a bid that was acceptable to Fry.

So Baxters' point really depends on WHEN NC asked Matt to switch his support. Was it BEFORE teh exclusivity, during it or after the Pinnacle bid failed?

I posted about this when Matt came to Dubai and the Dubai Massive spent several sociable hours over a number of Malibu & Cokes.

I would bet a pint that Matt said "When your bid is accepted by Fry I'll support it" but I keep repeating the words he used when asked why he didn't support LLS's group at the time "I don't want to be made someone's PR ***** ever again."

NC & Liebherr came out of nowhere, think it's all about the when NC asked

• 2 weeks later...
It's not a fake. If you read a his tweet again, he is joking. It is Adam Lallana. He just doesn't want him getting more followers than him already!

True, going to be a laugh watching them two trading blows.

I've already put Dickson one up with the skinny bloke with a naff t shirt comment :-)

I signed up for Twitter the other day , and I don’t really understand it, how do you know who you are searching for? Just type in a name? But most people don’t seem to use their names and instead have these strange user names instead?

And there are all these #codewords , most of the stuff posted doesn’t seem to make sense

All in all, I can’t see the point of it?

Still ****es me off. So many of you were sat on your arses moaning as the club hurtled towards oblivion, and MLT actually tried to do something about it. He backed the wrong guy for all the right reasons. Well done the rest of you for doing f*** all.

nice one

Still ****es me off. So many of you were sat on your arses moaning as the club hurtled towards oblivion, and MLT actually tried to do something about it. He backed the wrong guy for all the right reasons. Well done the rest of you for doing f*** all.

Actually I continued attending matches to give the club as much money as I could, gave a load of change to some people with a bucket, and went to the Saints Aid gig (which was good and well meaning, if not profitable) and bought a couple of t-shirts.

Short of that I'm not sure what any one fan is meant to do to save a football club. I'm not sure if I'd pitched up on Sky Sports pretending to have millions that it would have helped much - I think we already had one of those. And I couldn't get my monkey chicken petting zoo plan passed by the City Council.

Matty's reluctance to be anyone's public face after the Pinnacle situation is perfectly understandable, though, unlike your sweariness. I suspect that since then Cortese's offer may have been withdrawn, and he has probably taken umbrage. Plus if even half of the Benali house story is right it wouldn't be surprising if it was mutual, either. Was there ANYONE who wasn't at some point expecting Matty to be at the All-Star game to sign off an excellent season with some good off-pitch news too, even so ?