Season Ticket Prices Released

Saint_clark

Two customers paying £550 is better than than three paying £330. Don't be swayed by the vocal minority.

why not just go the whole way and charge £1200 and tell the other 66% to **** off.

Fair play you miserable old git! Hope you live long enough to enjoy the season......of course I'm joking. It's all part of the banter and as long as no one takes it too seriously then there's no problem. I hope you do get a S/T and enjoy another promotion.

Cheers for that. I'm not sure we can afford another promotion. ;)

Can we just lock this thread now? We all get the point that the rises were steep, not just for the 60 - 65 year olds. But this seems to be the only thing being discussed. Is anything going to change by us going on about it, probably not. It has got so boring, and no side of the arguement is going to win!

Can we just lock this thread now? We all get the point that the rises were steep, not just for the 60 - 65 year olds. But this seems to be the only thing being discussed. Is anything going to change by us going on about it, probably not. It has got so boring, and no side of the arguement is going to win!

If your bored Hedgehog go and read something else. Some of us are very interested in this thread as at present we will not be at St Marys this season. I am hoping that the club read the posts and take note of the depth of feeling on the subject.

If your bored Hedgehog go and read something else. Some of us are very interested in this thread as at present we will not be at St Marys this season. I am hoping that the club read the posts and take note of the depth of feeling on the subject.

You're living on cloud cuckoo-land if you think that. The only stat that they'll take notice of is the number of bums on seats (and it matters not whether these are season tickets or pay on the days). Financially it is better for the club if people buy single tickets, although having a based of season tickets is a risk free form of income and provides operating expenses over fallow months (the summer) or for dips in form.

At the end of the day the club have wages to pay, heating bills to pay etc. - it cannot be magic'd out of thin air and one of the areas it comes from is the fans. Get over it.

It's interesting note the advantages this generation has had:

Didn't fight a war (or have national service)

First generation to become "teenagers" and get disposable income

Access to free Higher Education

Advantage of a cheap property market

Advantage of the right to buy council house scheme

Ability to buy shares in nationalised industries that we owned

Presided over a reduction in working hours

Obviously I'm generalising here but in many ways this has been the "lucky" generation. You could also add in that many of them have inherited their parents estates due to lower life expectancy whilst their children will have no such luck. Personally I think this has been a rather moaning generation, keen to ignore the obvious benefits they've had. In this case they cling rather pathetically to a loophole of sexual equality to ensure a concession most of them were not morally entitled to. They seem keen to point out how hard they've worked, forgetting of course that this isn't exclusive to them. It's typical though that once they get something taken away they moan whilst the rest of us struggle with higher property prices and increased job insecurity. Ironic that they should accuse anyone of "I'm alright Jack".

You're right - things were much better then. You have forgotten a few other delights we had back then:

Diphtheria

Smallpox

Whooping Cough

Polio

The 3-day week

Devaluation

25% inflation

Frankie bloody Vaughan

No central heating

Tin baths

Outside toilets - even at school

Knitted swimmers

Butlins - if you were lucky

Ah - the good old days!

Edited by Trader

You're living on cloud cuckoo-land if you think that. The only stat that they'll take notice of is the number of bums on seats (and it matters not whether these are season tickets or pay on the days). Financially it is better for the club if people buy single tickets, although having a based of season tickets is a risk free form of income and provides operating expenses over fallow months (the summer) or for dips in form.

At the end of the day the club have wages to pay, heating bills to pay etc. - it cannot be magic'd out of thin air and one of the areas it comes from is the fans. Get over it.

only correct if team is winning and attendances are good, 5 home defeats on the trot and season ticket shortfalls may be missed

You're right - things were much better then. You have forgotten a few other delights we had back then:

Diphtheria

Smallpox

Whooping Cough

Polio

The 3-day week

Devaluation

25% inflation

Frankie bloody Vaughan

No central heating

Tin baths

Knitted swimmers

Ah - the good old days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDaSvRO9xA and NOT Monty Python!

Diphtheria

Smallpox

Whooping Cough

Polio

The 3-day week

Devaluation

25% inflation

Frankie bloody Vaughan

No central heating

Tin baths

Knitted swimmers

Ah - the good old days!

With the exception of Frankie Vaughan I don't think any of the others are that bad?

Daily Echo Exclusive:

Southampton FC have been closely following a thread on the Saints Web "Season Ticket Prices Released" and after careful consideration have decided they may be wrong with their ticketing policy this year, in particular for the Old age concessions, and have now decided not to go ahead with their plans of upping the age to 65.

How will reading this thread change anything. As prevoiusly mentioned this thread is going round in circles, probably only having any input by a few people.

Daily Echo Exclusive:

Southampton FC have been closely following a thread on the Saints Web "Season Ticket Prices Released" and after careful consideration have decided they may be wrong with their ticketing policy this year, in particular for the Old age concessions, and have now decided not to go ahead with their plans of upping the age to 65.

How will reading this thread change anything. As prevoiusly mentioned this thread is going round in circles, probably only having any input by a few people.

You could argue that any thread on a forum makes not the slightest difference. Appreciate though that it might not be the most interesting reading and that's as much my fault as anyone's but there's no doubt that, whether you agree or not with the 60-65 concession, it certainly makes a big difference to those that are affected and they're allowed to complain about it.

Daily Echo Exclusive:

It won`t, just like any other thread about any other subject on this forum. Does that mean that we don`t argue/debate/discuss or moan about anything that concerns us because it will not change anything??

You could argue that any thread on a forum makes not the slightest difference. Appreciate though that it might not be the most interesting reading and that's as much my fault as anyone's but there's no doubt that, whether you agree or not with the 60-65 concession, it certainly makes a big difference to those that are affected and they're allowed to complain about it.

Bloody Hell Revolution! We`ve nearly agreed on something!!

Diphtheria

Smallpox

Whooping Cough

Polio

The 3-day week

Devaluation

25% inflation

Frankie bloody Vaughan

No central heating

Tin baths

Knitted swimmers

Ah - the good old days!

I would love a 3 day week, 4 day weekends would be lush.

Diphtheria

Smallpox

Whooping Cough

Polio

The 3-day week

Devaluation

25% inflation

Frankie bloody Vaughan

No central heating

Tin baths

Knitted swimmers

Ah - the good old days!

Butlins? - Luxury! We had to make our own holiday camp. Three sticks of bamboo and grandpa's old hanky for a tent. If we wanted a swimming pool we had to dig a hole in a field and wait for it to rain. No cornflakes for breakfast. We had to cut little shapes out of old cereal packets and eat those. If we wanted milk we had to weight until the neighbours' dog had another set of puppies and try to squeeze the few last drops out of her. You try and tell the youngsters about it today and they won't believe you. :rolleyes:

No good to me 65th birthday in October. After 57 years I will not be renewing. No 72% price hike for me thank you. This club not interested to my appeals so like a number of other very long term supporters bye bye all.

Will you be back next season, when you're 65? Or has the club putting the prices back to what they were a couple of seasons ago put you off for life?