Season Ticket Prices Released

Saint_clark

But once you've agreed your prices (however optimum you think they are), then what are you gaining by restricting the time in which they can be purchased???

Other clubs such as Norwich spread their season ticket sales over five months, we have chosen to spread them over five weeks.

This is a big point for me - in those five months you could easily save up enough to get a season ticket. In 5 weeks, no chance.

Not sure why we need a new thread when there was healthy debate on the other one!!! To requote my post:

Informed sources outside of the club suggested to me that the new owners were badly advised on ticket prices when they took over. The cut in prices was too severe for the facilities etc.

When we did not gain immediate promotion it was difficult for the club to try to redress the balance.

It was always expected that promotion would bring a rebalance to charges and so it proved.

The move to 65 for concessions does not come as a great surprise. We may be leading the pack but most will follow in the next few years.

The increase was a bit more severe than I was expecting but I will be renewing. I hope the quality of football matches the prices. If so I for one will not be complaining.

This is a big point for me - in those five months you could easily save up enough to get a season ticket. In 5 weeks, no chance.

Season tickets are released every year, be it between March and July, you would have to be pretty stupid to completely forget about them until the club announces it. And even if you did i'm sure in the 5 weeks that people have, they could raise the funds for the installment plan.

Edited by Nexstar

are you allowed to start saving for a ticket before they go on sale?

Of course you are, but that's not the point. If my cooker packs in a week before they go on sale, I ain't getting a ST - I won't have time to save up again. If there was a 5 month window, i'd have plenty of time.

Is this 100%. If so, me and the other and the other 5 I sit with will be relocating from the Northam. So muc better in the Itchen North.

On the seating plan at the bottom of the prices image it's coloured black rather than shaded out like the away end, so i'd assume they are selling season tickets there.

It was always expected that promotion would bring a rebalance to charges and so it proved.

The move to 65 for concessions does not come as a great surprise. We may be leading the pack but most will follow in the next few years.

The increase was a bit more severe than I was expecting but I will be renewing. I hope the quality of football matches the prices. If so I for one will not be complaining.

I guess you definition of severe is different to mine, to renew my 3 Sts , 1 adult 1x10 year old, plus 1x 7 year old is £940 compared to £500 last season, (in block 33 )

I guess you definition of severe is different to mine, to renew my 3 Sts , 1 adult 1x10 year old, plus 1x 7 year old is £940 compared to £500 last season, (in block 33 )

Individually the increases aren't too severe. When you're buying for yourself and your kids, yes it's gonna sting a lot more.

We all earn different amounts, we all have different liabilities, mortgages, loans, families to support (or not)... the only person who can decide if an increase is severe is the person who has to pay for it. To some, £100 increase is not too bad for something that is a key part of their lives and they have disposable income, to others £20 is too much when they're on a tight budget.

My beef isn't how long you have to save up, but instead why are we limiting the time we have to shift 16,000+ season tickets???

Surely a big marketing push, trading off the back of the promotion euphoria, getting people hooked early on and a longer purchasing window would have meant more sales!

Can anyone give a reason why you would want to restrict the amount of time you have to sell a product (don't really buy the exclusivity argument as there would still be thousands left even after the most successful sales window)????

5% charge for instalments is actually quite reasonable in my opinion. If you compare the fee to what banks, insurance companies and other service providers might charge for short term credit then it seems a very reasonable fee indeed. I'm sure there will be plenty who think that the club should give this interest free but in my opinion it's positive that they've listened and introduced something to help (albeit at a small charge) at a time when pricing has generally increased due to being in the next division up.

think the half season tickets worked well - suddenly doesn't sound too much to spend and gets people hooked. I know a few who have now had season tickets for years after starting with 1/2 season ticket.

My beef isn't how long you have to save up, but instead why are we limiting the time we have to shift 16,000+ season tickets???

Surely a big marketing push, trading off the back of the promotion euphoria, getting people hooked early on and a longer purchasing window would have meant more sales!

Can anyone give a reason why you would want to restrict the amount of time you have to sell a product (don't really buy the exclusivity argument as there would still be thousands left even after the most successful sales window)????

I can't think of a reason why the club would want to do it necessarily other than for logistical reasons unless it is to keep staffing costs to a minimum (unlikely as I assume cost would not be huge for ticket office wages), but I simply don'y buy the argument that it will result in lots less ST sales as I firmly believe that those that decided they will buy one if it is at x price will buy regardless of when their window of opportunity arises.

But surely people knew they would have to save up at least last year plus say 10-20% extra so the shortfall is not that great after factoring that in. Why would people wait until the pricing came out to begin saving when they know full well that the cost will be more than they paid last year. That makes no sense to me at all.

Last year those who were stung by the lack of a payment plan had my sympathies. This year complaining about not bring able to buy a ticket doesn't cut it. Doing nothing rather than saving from last year in the hope that a payment plan would be re-introduced was foolish at best.

Interestingly there is no mention of blocks 1-3 not being available for season ticket purchases and the diagram of the stadium clearly shows

the area around those block numbers to be black in colour as per block 4?????? Could we see the renaissance of this area for next season or are they just getting our hopes up??

But surely people knew they would have to save up at least last year plus say 10-20% extra so the shortfall is not that great after factoring that in. Why would people wait until the pricing came out to begin saving when they know full well that the cost will be more than they paid last year. That makes no sense to me at all.

Mine went up 65%!!! Do you think thats OK then??

Adult and Junior last year £460

This year £705 a bit more than 20% wouldn't you say?

No one really likes paying out money and no one likes paying out more money this year than they paid for the same thing last year, but technically that's not true anyway, as last year we paid for league one football, this year we are paying for Championship football, so not the same 'product' as such.

Anyhew, if someone had said to me at the beginning of last season, would you pay an extra £100 to be in the Championship next season I expect I would have said yes! Now we are there I will indeed pay it.

It was always going to go up in price this season and we've had all year to get ourselves ready for it and save for it. Personally I've not saved for it, but that's been my choice.

Mine went up 65%!!! Do you think thats OK then??

His point is not necessarily how much... just that he would have expected people to have saved something up, in anticipation. Of course, a 65% rise is a lot more than anyone would predict, and therefore have saved for, but that's not his point.

I can see some people's frustrations at some of the rises but we're having to compete with very different clubs - West Ham, Brum, Leeds, Leicester - than we have in League One. Making the Chapel better value will establish that as the new family stand effectively in my view. I couldn't keep an ST since moving to Devon, the petrol costs did hit me hard in the second half of last season but I'll still be at 12 or more home league games (can't do midweek games in the way I could when I worked in London) plus hopefully 4-5 selected away games. The centre stands will be a different audience I would imagine that are more attracted to pay a £32 walk up price for Leeds or West Ham than with respect Hartlepool or Dagenham.

I hope though that the price increases do lead to a smaller but high quality cohort of new players to justify them - Jack Cork would be very welcome for example but the days of collecting average/poor players are gone with Lowe and Askham.

I can't think of a reason why the club would want to do it necessarily other than for logistical reasons unless it is to keep staffing costs to a minimum (unlikely as I assume cost would not be huge for ticket office wages), but I simply don'y buy the argument that it will result in lots less ST sales as I firmly believe that those that decided they will buy one if it is at x price will buy regardless of when their window of opportunity arises.

There are lots of reasons.

Logistical as you suggest, but the biggest has got to be financial. Every season ticket they don't sell is a seat that they can sell for a third more as a matchday ticket (and as the booking fee covers the cost of that sale, logistics don't play a part). That's a third more in ticket receipts that can be spent on players, wages, nibbles for the boardroom etc.

What I don't get is how people can be 'shocked and stunned' by (a) having to buy a season ticket in July / August ("Honestly I thought they were going to give them away free this year so I didn't bother saving") or (b) that they've increased ("we've gone up a division, we've got higher salaried players than most and general cost of living expenses have risen").

If you needed to (income, circumstances etc.) and didn't budget for a Season Ticket, then I'd save your money, you're clearly too stupid to tell the time so would probably miss most games.

As it stands there's an installment plan of sorts which helps take the sting out of it, so you're at least 45% better off on the required commitment than you were last year.

Last year those who were stung by the lack of a payment plan had my sympathies. This year complaining about not bring able to buy a ticket doesn't cut it. Doing nothing rather than saving from last year in the hope that a payment plan would be re-introduced was foolish at best.

Exactly, "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

Becoming an adult again when I've just got used to being a delinquent senior. ;)

Fair point, perhaps previous concessions should be treated as such even if non-renewing equivalents wouldn't be. I guess that would be a nice touch but then it would have to apply to young'uns if you want to recategorise other banding too.

I forgot to mention the return of the installment plan - that does show that the club have listened. Yes, there is the 5% charge but as someone else pointed out, that is less than a number of other businesses I deal with.

We all earn different amounts, we all have different liabilities, mortgages, loans, families to support (or not)... the only person who can decide if an increase is severe is the person who has to pay for it. To some, £100 increase is not too bad for something that is a key part of their lives and they have disposable income, to others £20 is too much when they're on a tight budget.

I was posting something similar when Saint Clark shut down the other thread!!!!

I personally think the Norwich prices were par and ours are at the top end, but everyone's opinions on ticket prices are tainted by their own personal situations.

Personally, I'll pay the £465 but a few of "our lot" have already called/texted saying it might be a tad too much (particularly those with young 'uns) and will either move to The Chapel or drop it and pay as you go.

Edited by um pahars

But can be £380 for the pair if U11 and you move to the chapel of £550 if U17.

Not ideal I appreciate but there are ways around it.

That is now the plan to join the Chapel lot. Trouble was I really liked where we were good crowd plenty of atmosphere and great view in block 34.

I don't understand how people could not be prepared for this? It happens every year...... It is like saying you didn't prepare for xmas then complain on xmas day you needed more time!

The increase in prices though is a bit steep. My renewal has gone from £393 to £515. My maths is not great but that is an increase of 30% right?

They have re-introduced the installment plan which is 50% up front then 3 further payments in sept,oct,nov. So technically if i did that i'd be able to spread it out over 6 months so when you look at it like that it isn't so bad.

Hopefully the increase will be down to the fact we will be signing some quality players!

There's no mention of a swipe card system either, and the language used when talking about season tickets suggests there isn't one - what happened to that? I thought they weren't doing instalment plans until those were introduced?

But as you have to pay an initial 50% to get the tickets for the first 8 games no electronic system is needed really, if you don't pay you don't get any more tickets.It's a win:win situation for the club really as they always have games in hand over the payment progression.It's not a never never scheme at all, in fact with the handling fee it's hardly worth the effort as you have to pay largely in advance anyway.

There's no mention of a swipe card system either, and the language used when talking about season tickets suggests there isn't one - what happened to that? I thought they weren't doing instalment plans until those were introduced?

The OS says you will only get the remaining ticket vouchers once you've paid the final installment = more sensible solution.

That is now the plan to join the Chapel lot. Trouble was I really liked where we were good crowd plenty of atmosphere and great view in block 34.

The Chapel isn't that bad. I sit in block 16 about 1/2 way up and the folk around us are fine. A mix of season ticket holders with and without kids and day trippers.