Season Ticket Prices Released

Saint_clark

Neutral over these price rises BUT very concerned that if we get promotion then 3 season tickets will have to be seriously considered because price will be very high based on these prices.

Can just about justify this year to wife

Grow a pair 70's!.. justify? Tell your wife you are going no matter what, and if you can't I'll do it for you.

There are very big increases for certain groups.(37% in Chapel). Fact.

There are teams in the PL in the south (Fulham ) which have STs at under £400. Fact.

a season ticket may be a luxury purchase...but many of the people who make that luxury purchase have supported(financially) the is club for years/decades.Fact.

If I can find 2 other people to switch to supporting citeh, and prepared to buy a "value gold" ST at eastlands and share petrol, it would be cheaper than 3 average STs at SMS. (and some other teams , TBF). Fact.

I won't be doing this, obviously. Fact.

when I am treated as a "customer", and not an endlessly loyal supporter(over 40 years), I behave as a customer. if I don't renew my ST, which i probably won't, i will certainly not spend more money on match tickets than I would have on the ST. Fact.

the club lose out if I don't renew. Fact.

when we were in the PL, I never has a ST, and I NEVER failed to get a ticket, when i wanted one. Fact.

SMS will have at least 7000 empty seats at most matches this season. (probable) Fact.

I am really disappointed by these rises.

I haven't read this complete thread but it seems to me that the 61 to 64 year olds have been hit the hardest and I wonder why ?

I am facing a 72% increase for the same seat as last year which (given that inflation is around 4%) seems a bit steep !

As it happens I intend to renew but I do wish that the club would give some explanation behind their decisions because otherwise they can easily be perceived as uncaring which will not reap any benefit in the longer term !!

There are very big increases for certain groups.(37% in Chapel). Fact.

There are teams in the PL in the south (Fulham ) which have STs at under £400. Fact.

a season ticket may be a luxury purchase...but many of the people who make that luxury purchase have supported(financially) the is club for years/decades.Fact.

If I can find 2 other people to switch to supporting citeh, and prepared to buy a "value gold" ST at eastlands and share petrol, it would be cheaper than 3 average STs at SMS. (and some other teams , TBF). Fact.

I won't be doing this, obviously. Fact.

when I am treated as a "customer", and not an endlessly loyal supporter(over 40 years), I behave as a customer. if I don't renew my ST, which i probably won't, i will certainly not spend more money on match tickets than I would have on the ST. Fact.

the club lose out if I don't renew. Fact.

when we were in the PL, I never has a ST, and I NEVER failed to get a ticket, when i wanted one. Fact.

SMS will have at least 7000 empty seats at most matches this season. (probable) Fact.

I am really disappointed by these rises.

- They are in line with those towards the top of the Championship.

- They aren't the most expensive in the Championship.

- In theory the product on offer should be better, hence a higher price. We will see West Ham, Birmingham, Leeds, Cardiff, Forest, Derby, Leicester, Pompey etc as opposed to Dagenham & Redbridge, Tranmere, Walsall and Yeovil etc.

- We will also see larger away fan contingents of thousands, compared to hundreds for some League One clubs.

- A season ticket lets you see 7 matches for "free" compared to matchday prices. Yet you complain?

Edited by Matthew Le God

I accept that £340 was a very good deal. My main complaint is being reclassified from Senior to Adult. It is this change that has brought about most of the massive increase. I feel that renewing seniors should be allowed to keep that status.

Yeah fair enough I can see that point.

I've looked back over my CC statements and these are the prices I have paid for my seat right behind the Chapel goal :-

2010 - £277.00

2009 - £240.00

2008 - Boycott against the Dark Lord.

2007 - £380.00

2006 - £469.00

2005 - £473.00.

So I will paying the same next season as I paid in 2007 when Crouch & Co were in charge.

- They are in line with those towards the top of the Championship.

- They aren't the most expensive in the Championship.

- In theory the product on offer should be better, hence a higher price. We will see West Ham, Birmingham, Leeds, Cardiff, Forest, Derby, Leicester, Pompey etc as opposed to Dagenham & Redbridge, Tranmere, Walsall and Yeovil etc.

- We will also see larger away fan contingents of thousands, compared to hundreds for some League One clubs.

- A season ticket lets you see 7 matches for "free" compared to matchday prices. Yet you complain?

And lets you wave it around at others for free...

I've looked back over my CC statements and these are the prices I have paid for my seat right behind the Chapel goal :-

2010 - £277.00

2009 - £240.00

2008 - Boycott against the Dark Lord.

2007 - £380.00

2006 - £469.00

2005 - £473.00.

So I will paying the same next season as I paid in 2007 when Crouch & Co were in charge.

Thanks for that, interesting reading as I sit in the same end.

Doesn't specifically say that current season ticket holders renewing have priority over their own seat, just that they have first dibs in the 2 week period. I'm presuming the fact we can get our own seat needs to go without saying...!

Doesn't specifically say that current season ticket holders renewing have priority over their own seat, just that they have first dibs in the 2 week period. I'm presuming the fact we can get our own seat needs to go without saying...!

I imagine thats why we have two weeks grace before they go on General Sale, or people who want to move seats can do so !

I went to my first Saints match 57 years ago. I have been a supporter home and in earlier days away ever since. At the age of 64 the huge hike in my season ticket price for next season now means that I will have to call it a day. Retired on a fixed income does not give me the necessary funds to renew my ticket at the new price. I have protested to the club today that existing senior season ticket holders should not have been hit so hard and I await a response. I simply do not understand why this relatively small group of fans have been treated in this way.What happened to Saints being a family club. I'm angry but most of all just very sad.

I went to my first Saints match 57 years ago. I have been a supporter home and in earlier days away ever since. At the age of 64 the huge hike in my season ticket price for next season now means that I will have to call it a day. Retired on a fixed income does not give me the necessary funds to renew my ticket at the new price. I have protested to the club today that existing senior season ticket holders should not have been hit so hard and I await a response. I simply do not understand why this relatively small group of fans have been treated in this way.What happened to Saints being a family club. I'm angry but most of all just very sad.

I would like to think that all Saints fans are at a loss as to why the club didn't keep it at 60+ for existing season ticket holders and then go 65+ for new.

I would like to think that all Saints fans are at a loss as to why the club didn't keep it at 60+ for existing season ticket holders and then go 65+ for new.
Thanks for your support. I hope that there are more of our fanbase that take the same view.

5% charge for instalments is actually quite reasonable in my opinion. If you compare the fee to what banks, insurance companies and other service providers might charge for short term credit then it seems a very reasonable fee indeed. I'm sure there will be plenty who think that the club should give this interest free but in my opinion it's positive that they've listened and introduced something to help (albeit at a small charge) at a time when pricing has generally increased due to being in the next division up.

When comparing to banks etc you should bear in mind that the 5% (approx £25) charge here is an admin charge levied against a loan of approx £250 which only takes 4 months to pay off. I don't think that's a particularly small charge to be honest. I'm in favour of charges to support these arrangements but this one seems expensive imo when you consider the sum being borrowed and the duration of the loan.

Thanks for your support. I hope that there are more of our fanbase that take the same view.

I would imagine that many would sympathise with yours and other retirees plight and hope there is a happy ending here.

I also like to think good of my Club and would like to think that they will address this anomaly. Have faith.

Where did I say anything like that?

You are an exception rather than the rule and for what its worth I think the club should have considered a cap for those that are already ST holders and the new age rule meant a huge rise. I assume you are over 60 but under 65 .....

To be fair, given you old boys cheaper ST's is age discrimination against us younger boys ! ;-)

Apologies I didnt mean it to sound that bad....I may be a grumpy old git but only 53!

It was 460 due to the pairing of Adult and Junior thats been removed plus the other rises.

As View from the Top suggested ...and others are doing its a move to the Chapel and only a rise of £90

which is fine.

I would imagine that many would sympathise with yours and other retirees plight and hope there is a happy ending here.

I also like to think good of my Club and would like to think that they will address this anomaly. Have faith.

Thanks Um Pahars. I hope you are right as deep down I feel and believe that the club did not truly realise the magnitude of this decision. Time will tell if they take the steps to put the matter right. I truly hope so.

price of success...of course, we could have sold lallana and not pay him his bumper new contract

or got a shirt sponsor and not paid Cortese £750,000 a year.

I know I like a good moan, especially when it comes to parting with my hard earned, but I honestly thought season tickets would be £399 for the wings. Very disappointed and wonder where it will end price wise. If returning to the Prem means £750 season tickets...

No more SFC news for a while then...

jordansibley: Felt great setting the "out of office" on my emails as I left work tonight. It's been a long old season, now time to recharge the batteries!

Felt like he'd already ****ed off last night.....

Whilst I sympathise with you..most people don't retire till 65..and in future it will be later than that 67+.

If people choose to retire early surely that's their choice so why should others subsidise them?

Whilst I sympathise with you..most people don't retire till 65..and in future it will be later than that 67+.

If people choose to retire early surely that's their choice so why should others subsidise them?

That's not the point.

The point is that those who already had a discount due to age should keep it and the 65+ rule should be for new season tickets.

In my case ill health but in this current climate redundancy has forced many retirements prior to 65.I dont see how you or anyone else is subsidising me

Thanks Um Pahars. I hope you are right as deep down I feel and believe that the club did not truly realise the magnitude of this decision. Time will tell if they take the steps to put the matter right. I truly hope so.

I have emailed the club and asked if the supporters who are in this 4 year age pocket could be ring fenced and treated as pensioners, the 65 rule applying to new season ticket holders only.

Probably wont do any good but i feel it is unfair, a price increase of that magnitude is a little over the top.

I am nowhere near 61 by the way !! :-)

Regards the 60+ changes, there are two aspects to seperate: (i) the rights and wrongs of charging under-65s the normal adult fee (ii) the transition to any new arrangment.

I don't see why 60-65s should be treated any differently: major state benefits and entitlements don't kick in till 65 for men and if anything the trend is upwards - retirement age could be rising to 70 before too long. If the argument is that some aren't in work, why shouldn't STs be means-tested across the board.

Admittedly, any change creates disruption and the more it is eased in, the better. But grafting on exception and exception creates undue complexity and ultimately the destination is the same. I would have understood, perhaps, a year's grace for renewals for 60-65s then a switch to the new prices for everyone. But where does it stop? By the same logic, shouldn't prices be eased in for all renewals? When does an existing 60-65 ST become more deserving than a new 60-65 ST who may have also been saving up in anticipation of the same pricing arrangements?

Edited by shurlock

Because otherwise it is a massive and unexpected price hike, meaning that many will not be able to afford a season ticket.

Probably not that many. The installment plan is back. If you can afford one at last year's prices in one whack you can probably afford the first two payments without worrying, leaving you about 4 months to fund the remaining 30 or so percent.

I have some sympathy but some of the melodramatics on here are quite sickening.

Because otherwise it is a massive and unexpected price hike, meaning that many will not be able to afford a season ticket.

Have to agree but could never really see why 60 year olds counted as Seniors in the first place. I can however, see how this will cause animosity with supporters (my brother included) that took advantage of this but are now reclassified as Adult.

a 70% rise out of the blue is ok is it?

It's a shame for you, obviously

We're talking about a discounted leisure purchase though and you have to admit, 60 is not a normal retirement age any more. So you go without an ST for a couple of years - things could be worse.

We're talking about a discounted leisure purchase

You're talking about a "leisure purchase" and whilst that is totally within your perogative to think of a season ticket that way, perhaps you should accept that for others they may see their season ticket somewhat differently (however irrational that may seem to you).

I have some sympathy but some of the melodramatics on here are quite sickening.

A few people have a fully justified (IMO) moan about huge price rises and you find that sickening? Weird.

I know this is probably contreversial, but whilst i agree that many people at age 60 - 64 will see an increase in their season ticket at a percentage, way above the other people with a gripe, but how many people, my self included know people that are still in full time employment but are given free bus passes, heating allowance to name but two things, when they are still pulling in a full adult wage? If things could be mean tested ie. those above 60 who are in fact on a state pension only, and not still in employment, then they should be treated as a concescion. However even the government don't take this attitude, so how can a football club be expected to do this?

I know this is probably contreversial, but whilst i agree that many people at age 60 - 64 will see an increase in their season ticket at a percentage, way above the other people with a gripe, but how many people, my self included know people that are still in full time employment but are given free bus passes, heating allowance to name but two things, when they are still pulling in a full adult wage? If things could be mean tested ie. those above 60 who are in fact on a state pension only, and not still in employment, then they should be treated as a concescion. However even the government don't take this attitude, so how can a football club be expected to do this?

Exactly. I'm bound to get shot down, but in the majority of circumstances, this is the age group that can afford any increase the most. By this age, most would be mortgage free, kids have all left home etc, alot more disposable income than many. Saying all this, I don't agree with the way it has been done, but I do agree with the decision.

Because if you are working you are paying taxes and have been for all of your working life. Means testing is effectively an additional marginal tax. You'll be suggesting next that if you work you shouldn't get a pension. All this is beside the point. If you have been paying a particular price with this concession then to suddenly remove it is a big price hike. Presumably this will also apply to all extra games in the cups.

The only people in a state pension aged 60-64 are women and to restrict the concession to them would be discriminatory.

Exactly. I'm bound to get shot down, but in the majority of circumstances, this is the age group that can afford any increase the most. By this age, most would be mortgage free, kids have all left home etc, alot more disposable income than many. Saying all this, I don't agree with the way it has been done, but I do agree with the decision.

The kids may have left home but in most cases they are still supported by their parents.

Because if you are working you are paying taxes and have been for all of your working life. Means testing is effectively an additional marginal tax. You'll be suggesting next that if you work you shouldn't get a pension. All this is beside the point. If you have been paying a particular price with this concession then to suddenly remove it is a big price hike. Presumably this will also apply to all extra games in the cups.

The only people in a state pension aged 60-64 are women and to restrict the concession to them would be discriminatory.

What i am trying to get accross is yes they have paid their taxes, so have i, but i know people at my place of work over 60 who have not retired, are still earning the same wage as me (male and female) yet they get fuel allowance free bus passes etc,