Season Ticket Prices Released

Saint_clark

We can look at some other clubs to see where we stand on ticket prices, and I have not done a full comparison but here we go:

(renewal, halfway line, adult)

Wigan £295 (£225 65+)

Blackburn £399 (£285 65+) although Riverside stand centre is £225 (£145 65+)

Bolton £369 (£229 65+)

Blackpool £391 (£297 60+)

Derby County £460 (£235 60+)

Bristol City £495 (£330 65+)

Coventry City £385 (£286 60+)

Leicester City £379 (£299 60+)

These were the first that I could think of. I'm sure there are several more expensive, Leeds certainly are.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

saints...serious question..just picking a random prem club with poor support

I don't get your point. Both Norwich and Wigan price their season tickets very reasonable and have enjoyed success. It is not the case that being successful has to mean that ticket prices increase significantly.

I don't get your point. Both Norwich and Wigan price their season tickets very reasonable and have enjoyed success. It is not the case that being successful has to mean that ticket prices increase significantly.

my point is that if we are going to use a "random" club as an example..if wigans are cheaper doesnt that prove that having lower ST sales may not fill the ground....

my point is that if we are going to use a "random" club as an example..if wigans are cheaper doesnt that prove that having lower ST sales may not fill the ground....

But that wasn't what I was saying. Higher ticket prices are a choice by the club and are not the inevitable price of success as some like to claim.

So basically clubs with little or no support are cheap as chips. We're on the expensive side for sure, but nowhere near what Leeds are charging.

OK then - top seniors season ticket for Man Utd is £380 - match day tickets capped at £20.

They know how to fill their ground, and know that a full ground for every match gives the team a tremendous advantage.

I think Norwich have worked that one out as well.

Little or no support?

OK then - top seniors season ticket for Man Utd is £380 - match day tickets capped at £20.

They know how to fill their ground, and know that a full ground for every match gives the team a tremendous advantage.

Little or no support?

Arsenal season tickets start at £925, matchday tickets cost up to £94. They sell out every match and have 40,000 on a waiting list for season tickets. You say United know how to fill the ground as if the prices you stated were to double they wouldn't sell out.

Little or no support?

Man Utd don't want a ground full of season tickets. They want a steady churn of different supporters throughout the season because they will visit the club shop and buy all the accessories, Wayne Rooney wigs, Ryan Giggs duvet covers, that sort of thing.

Little or no support?

And in terms of Norwich, their prices aren't exactly spectacular compared to ours, for example a renewal in their family stand costs £423. They do, however, announce season ticket prices in NOVEMBER and have them on sale way before March. They also offer fans the chance to pay for it over 12 months, interest free. I think the latter has a massive impact of season ticket sales, they had sold 20,000 by March 5th this year, before they even knew they would be promoted. Quite incredible really.

Little or no support?

Interesting reading for those who think that Saints are overly generous to the 'wrinklies' !!

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tickets-And-Hospitality/Ticket-Prices/Season-Tickets.aspx

I agree with that. I go pretty much every week, but I can honestly see myself stopping completely should I not renew my season ticket. I just can't see myself going through the hassle of buying a individual match day ticket, paying a booking tax and forking out 30 notes to see a NPC game. Also if I don't go, I wonder how soon it will be before the two guys I go with stop as well. They both have very young kids (girls) and little spare time on their hands. It will be easy for them to find something else to do on a weekend.

The idea too that ST holder income will be replaced by this army of matchday ticket buying supporters is ********. When you lose a ST holder you lose a 23 game a season man for the next ten, 20, 30 or 40 years. That is a lot of matchday ticket buying.

If people like you are thinking like that then the club should consider themselves to have made some misjudgements.

anyway, you can't give up, because you give the most reliable assessments of matches I don't get to.

Although i still don't agree with your negative view of Lee Holmes !!

I suggest that Norwich have it right, and that saints have over estimated the attractiveness of NPC footy.

Arsenal season tickets start at £925, matchday tickets cost up to £94. They sell out every match and have 40,000 on a waiting list for season tickets. You say United know how to fill the ground as if the prices you stated were to double they wouldn't sell out.

The point is - they don't double them do they?

And I've no doubt they would sell out if they did, but they treat their customers fairly.

But Saints ain't Man Utd, a few years ago I knew a chap lived in Eastleigh who had a season ticket at Old Trafford, I doubt there are many where the reverse is true.

There will be a tipping point where they can put up the price of tickets but get less ticket revenue because of less tickets sold.

I would suggest that they're perilously close to that point, I only hope that Saints have done lots of research and got their sums right.

You can only p1ss so many existing customers off and find there are no new customers to take their place, us oldies are used to our footie, but lots of the younger generation find that there's lots of other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

That's not an entirely fair comparison is it?

The Man City offer is a marketing ploy, with only a few seats available. In both cases the ST covers four fewer games.

I also bet we will get more sell out games than either of them next year.

The fact remains an adult can renew in the Chapel for £16.50 per game, which is excellent value, and arguably demonstrates the club does value the fan base.

why is it not fair? you have your choice of seat at one of the four top teams in the country for £450, and , marketing ploy or not, you can get A ticket for £260.

and why is the Fulham comparison unfair? £380 in central London for PL footy......I think plenty of people would see that as a better deal than £370 in the chapel for NPC footy, 23 games or not.

And you can have as much as you want on citeh or fulham selling out more than we do next season !!

Are Saints competing for fans with numerous other clubs in the area like Fulham are? Are the facilities at Craven Cottage as good as St Mary's?

I don't go to football because of the facilities, I go for the football.

And I go to watch Southampton, not the opposition, so it would make no difference if it were Dag & Red or Coventry City for instance.

Eastleigh, Totton or Salisbury are looking increasingly attractive to me next season.

The point is - they don't double them do they?

And I've no doubt they would sell out if they did, but they treat their customers fairly.

But Saints ain't Man Utd, a few years ago I knew a chap lived in Eastleigh who had a season ticket at Old Trafford, I doubt there are many where the reverse is true.

There will be a tipping point where they can put up the price of tickets but get less ticket revenue because of less tickets sold.

I would suggest that they're perilously close to that point, I only hope that Saints have done lots of research and got their sums right.

You can only p1ss so many existing customers off and find there are no new customers to take their place, us oldies are used to our footie, but lots of the younger generation find that there's lots of other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

You say fairly, and I agree that seniors (over 65 for United...) should be entitled to some sort of discount, but in United's case somebody who is 64 can be paying £551 MORE than somebody perhaps even a couple of months older. I don't entirely grasp how that is fair.

I don't see how the distance is relevant either, I also know a lad who lives in Winchester and has a United season ticket. Manchester United are a club FAR bigger than Southampton will ever be, suggesting the "fairness" of ticket prices results in no long-distance ST holders at Saints is just plain ridiculous.

I can understand why people are narked about the unannounced jump from 60+ to 65+ but if people are to dumb, stubborn or petty to pay £380, a whole £16 per game, to watch Saints from The Chapel then f**k 'em.

Let them go to B&Q with the Doris or go and watch Totton, they only people that will lose out are them.

You say fairly, and I agree that seniors (over 65 for United...) should be entitled to some sort of discount, but in United's case somebody who is 64 can be paying £551 MORE than somebody perhaps even a couple of months older. I don't entirely grasp how that is fair

Because they didn't dump that information on them with 30 days notice, and presumably quite a few of those wrinklies (we're not all online) a good deal less than 30 days.

Apparently we're not worth the price of a stamp any more to let some of us know what the **** is going on.

Because they didn't dump that information on them with 30 days notice, and presumably quite a few of those wrinklies (we're not all online) a good deal less than 30 days.

Apparently we're not worth the price of a stamp any more to let some of us know what the **** is going on.

Ahh OK, so you'd rather pay £931 than £515 as long as they tell you with a months notice in writing.

Gotcha

I can understand why people are narked about the unannounced jump from 60+ to 65+ but if people are to dumb, stubborn or petty to pay £380, a whole £16 per game, to watch Saints from The Chapel then f**k 'em.

Let them go to B&Q with the Doris or go and watch Totton, they only people that will lose out are them.

What a prime example of the "I`m alright so **** you" attitude of some people. I will pay the new charge for my seat, even though I think the rise is unfair and has been badly handled by the club. I will do because it is my choice to do so and not because I have been stereotyped and patronised by a big mouthed cyber-warrior.

What a prime example of the "I`m alright so **** you" attitude of some people. I will pay the new charge for my seat, even though I think the rise is unfair and has been badly handled by the club. I will do because it is my choice to do so and not because I have been stereotyped and patronised by a big mouthed cyber-warrior.

Get off your high horse. If you read the thread I happen to agree that the changes have been poorly managed and also unfair. However, the amount of 'kin whinging is pathetic considering that a decent cheap offer is available.

If you'd like to call me names in person next season I sit in block 16 row V. Feel free, I think you'll find I'm a decent enough chap, just dislike the "hard done by" brigade.

Get off your high horse. If you read the thread I happen to agree that the changes have been poorly managed and also unfair. However, the amount of 'kin whinging is pathetic considering that a decent cheap offer is available.

If you'd like to call me names in person next season I sit in block 16 row V. Feel free, I think you'll find I'm a decent enough chap, just dislike the "hard done by" brigade.

I can tell by the tone of your last post that you are a decent enough chap. Obviously a very tolerant and understanding sort of guy. Just the sort in fact to move to a new part of the ground without a murmer, a moan or a whinge when your ticket has risen by £215. Well done you.

I can tell by the tone of your last post that you are a decent enough chap. Obviously a very tolerant and understanding sort of guy. Just the sort in fact to move to a new part of the ground without a murmer, a moan or a whinge when your ticket has risen by £215. Well done you.

I was prepared to if required, the 6 of us that sit together had come the conclusion that we'd sit where ever we needed to if they changed pricing structure, moved family area etc.

It was harsh last season when they stopped the installment plan and I whinged for a bit then sucked it up and stumped up. I'm not delighted that mine has gone up over £100 but £16 a game is still an absolute bargain for my nipper and I. As long as I'm watching Saints I don't care where I sit.

All the indignant huffing and puffing and threats of not going, whilst understandable, will only really impact the people themselves, not the club.

No wonder you're not moaning, if you get to take your sponging little kid in for free.

Why should I subsidise you just because you decided to reproduce, it cost me £2 a game when I was a nipper.

It's great. I was expecting to have to shell out as he's now 9 and now I don't, bonus. Hope you choke on it. :)

I'm sure it won't be as bad as Sunday, but if our lot move to the Chapel then a few of us are decidedly undecided with regards moving to The Chapel, as being surrounded by so many screaming kids might be a tad too much for an old bore like me!!!!!

Half of us want to stay in the Kingsland corner with a decent atmosphere and with a wider group of friends, whilst those who have been hammered with a big increase (those lads with kids) are saying they have no choice but either move or chuck their tickets in (they also feel guilty about asking us to move with them).

It's not just as easy as saying move to The Chapel.

I'm sure it won't be as bad as Sunday, but if our lot move to the Chapel then a few of us are decidedly undecided with regards moving to The Chapel, as being surrounded by so many screaming kids might be a tad too much for an old bore like me!!!!!

Half of us want to stay in the Kingsland corner with a decent atmosphere and with a wider group of friends, whilst those who have been hammered with a big increase (those lads with kids) are saying they have no choice but either move or chuck their tickets in (they also feel guilty about asking us to move with them).

It's not just as easy as saying move to The Chapel.

Yes, it is. However, I understand why people don't think it is.

And, if I'm honest, the kids aren't that bad, it's mainly adults and older kids around us.

Edited by View From The Top

Yes, it is. However, I understand why people don't think it is.

And, if I'm honest, the kids aren't that bad, it's mainly adults and older kids around us.

The point is this: moving to the Chapel or not, it will involve giving up your position and football friends that you have known for decades. It won't be a question of buying a season ticket in another part of the ground, it'll be giving up the ticket altogether and maybe going to the odd game now and then. Or not going at all. It's not just the erstwhile supporter who loses out, the club do too.

Indeed. So many temper tantrums and strange senses of entitlement on here.

I find this thread thoroughly depressing now, firstly I'm disappointed by the club for dropping a bombshell for the second consecutive year and on top of that we have argument & abuse about the issues on here !

Clearly those affected by the huge increase (72%) are going to be upset and this is understandable, but the vitriol from some fellow fans seems to me to be completely unwarranted !

I believe that it is a sad situation which does nothing to enhance the feelgood factor which was really beginning to unfold !!!

I find this thread thoroughly depressing now, firstly I'm disappointed by the club for dropping a bombshell for the second consecutive year and on top of that we have argument & abuse about the issues on here !

Clearly those affected by the huge increase (72%) are going to be upset and this is understandable, but the vitriol from some fellow fans seems to me to be completely unwarranted !

I believe that it is a sad situation which does nothing to enhance the feelgood factor which was really beginning to unfold !!!

I fear that's the problem. It's put a big dampener on the whole summer. :(

Definitely this!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

If people like you are thinking like that then the club should consider themselves to have made some misjudgements.

anyway, you can't give up, because you give the most reliable assessments of matches I don't get to.

Although i still don't agree with your negative view of Lee Holmes !!

I suggest that Norwich have it right, and that saints have over estimated the attractiveness of NPC footy.

I'll no doubt moan for a while, before eventually shrugging my shoulders and buy one.

I'll no doubt moan for a while, before eventually shrugging my shoulders and buy one.

In fact we should have a list of standard moans just like the Trappist Monk's joke book.

That way you'd just have to post up a number and it would save a lot of keyboard activity.