Season Ticket Prices Released

Saint_clark

Not for women. Or don't they count as supporters?

It was only women. Men were already at 65 as far as I know. Any men who were getting concessions at earlier than 65 were freeloading and women getting pensions earlier than 65 were getting something that isn't justifiable and doesn't make sense to me on any level. If his wife reached pension age last year then she was about three months short of waiting another five years for it. plenty of people about moaning because they turned 60 after the deadline.

Depending on the availability of work (i appreciate it's not great at the moment), even a minimal job could surely offset the difference until she's 65.

It was only women. Men were already at 65 as far as I know. Any men who were getting concessions at earlier than 65 were freeloading and women getting pensions earlier than 65 were getting something that isn't justifiable and doesn't make sense to me on any level. If his wife reached pension age last year then she was about three months short of waiting another five years for it. plenty of people about moaning because they turned 60 after the deadline.

Depending on the availability of work (i appreciate it's not great at the moment), even a minimal job could surely offset the difference until she's 65.

Not freeloading. It's called sexual equality.

It is going up for women born in 1953 and after. Anyone born before then ( my wife 1950) is not affected and retire at 60.

I think you'll find that this has changed and any woman born after 1950 is now affected.

My wife was born in Dec 1952 and will now get her pension 2yrs and 4 months later than expected !

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/money-matters/pensions/state-pension/

Let this be a lesson to you, your sins will catch you up.

When I was 7 or 8 my Dad used to take me in via the Adult entrance. He would pursuade the gateman to let me be lifted over the turnstile to get in for free.

Later when I was 16 and working I still went in the Boys entrance for a while.

So now I'm 61 and I'm getting my just desserts.

I know we were lucky and maybe 54 years of watching Saints isn't enough for a concession, but don't be too angry with us. If you've been entitled to something and it's then taken away you're not happy whoever you are and whether you can afford it or not.

Come again?

He's saying you should buy an over 65 season ticket anyway. The club don't ask for ID when you buy it so they won't be aware of your age, meaning you will easily be able to get away with it, and save yourself the money.

Seems to me that the issue is the percentage increase some are facing.... but the percentage increase is only so high because teh last couple of season teh ST price in these categories was rediculously low - which we could afford based on L1 player contracts. We are now in teh championship and no doubt these contracts will have clauses that see automatic wage increases - which we have to pay for IF we want to see quality players (and retain our better ones) that will give us a chance of progressing.

When assessing teh value, its wrong IMHO to compare to last season, where some STs were stupidly cheap - You have to consider what would be a fair price for watching a home game in the NPC £15? £20? If you can get an ST at 60 that costs you £16 per game, surely you can see that is relatively cheap still, even if a '70%' increase over last year... FFS, I will say it again, it shoudl be about waht VALUE you place on watching saints, not teh elague we are in or who the opposition is - IF you want sainst to a) run within our means, b) afford players who will give us a chance of promotion.

The problem is we have been out the prem so long that many seem to have forgooten what we used to have to pay... and if we did get promoted again £35 per game would be fairly cheap versu most clubs - over priced YES of course when you can see Bayern Munich for 12 Euros, but the financial model in the English game means we have two choices... fans pay to ensure we remain solvent and yet can still have better players, or we have cheap tickets and cheap players and stay in L1...

But it does annoy me that those who have had a few really cheap years, now think £16 a game is too much for championshiop football - especially as my renewal when relegated to the championsship was £480 (£20.86) a game... and that 5 years ago, when VAT was cheaper! Had I rebewed the same seat now it would be cheaper... and its that you need to compare it to, not last year's bargain prices...

Not too many complaints from me on these prices, although I think the fairly high prices for new purchases show us that the club are happy with the number of season ticket holders it currently has and isn't too bothered about getting anymore.

I agree with the increase for OAP concessions from 60 to 65, we have got loads of fans in that bracket and it must have been losing the club loads of money each year. I disagree with free tickets for under 11s as plenty will get them just for the sake of them without ever ysing them. Make it something like £50 for under 11s and they've still got an absolute bargain, but will stop people taking them up just for the sake of it.

What is clear yet again though and hasn't changed from last year is the poor quality of communication from the club. Guess we'll just have to get used to it, but its a long way off from the "world class" image Cortese seems to want to present.

Not too many complaints from me on these prices, although I think the fairly high prices for new purchases show us that the club are happy with the number of season ticket holders it currently has and isn't too bothered about getting anymore.

I agree with the increase for OAP concessions from 60 to 65, we have got loads of fans in that bracket and it must have been losing the club loads of money each year. I disagree with free tickets for under 11s as plenty will get them just for the sake of them without ever ysing them. Make it something like £50 for under 11s and they've still got an absolute bargain, but will stop people taking them up just for the sake of it.

What is clear yet again though and hasn't changed from last year is the poor quality of communication from the club. Guess we'll just have to get used to it, but its a long way off from the "world class" image Cortese seems to want to present.

They have only been 'losing' money if those customers would have been prepared to pay more.

But it does annoy me that those who have had a few really cheap years' date=' now think £16 a game is too much for championshiop football - especially as my renewal when relegated to the championsship was £480 (£20.86) a game... and that 5 years ago, when VAT was cheaper! Had I rebewed the same seat now it would be cheaper... and its that you need to compare it to, not last year's bargain prices...[/quote']

My tickets have gone up 72% and each game next year will cost £22.39.

My tickets have gone up 72% and each game next year will cost £22.39.

As Delldays says - the question should be if you think £22 a game is too much. Of course if you at a 72% increase it stings when viewed in isolation, but is £22 too expensive for NPC football in 2011/2012, when for many ST holders it was £20 per game in the first CCC season so in effect its about a 10% increase over the last 5 years... with the knowledge that we have a board /regime in place who we now will use that revenue to drive the ambitious plans?

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate that in comparison to last year it has impact across the board, and that in general footie is way too expensive in England generally, but relatively to what we have paid in the CCC in the past + the need for revnues to support the plan, in my mind its seems fair?

you can buy a Value gold at man city for £260. for this you get into every game, but the ticket is where the club choose.

Man city are in the CL next season, and they are the cup holders. (and incidentally regular STs are £450).

A ST at Fulham , NEW, not renewal, can be yours for £380.. Fulham are in the PL and in central London.

now I know there are plenty of places where STs are worse value than Saints....so I think this boils down to the value the club puts on the loyalty of its core customers.

In the case of Saints this appears to be a fairly low value.....and if we get back to the PL, those who deserted us in 2005 will be able to come back , pay big bucks that they have had at least 7 years to save , and sod the rest of us.

Shame, at a "family" club.

Ask QPR fans how it works, if you are unsure.

you can buy a Value gold at man city for £260. for this you get into every game, but the ticket is where the club choose.

Man city are in the CL next season, and they are the cup holders. (and incidentally regular STs are £450).

A ST at Fulham , NEW, not renewal, can be yours for £380.. Fulham are in the PL and in central London.

That's not an entirely fair comparison is it?

The Man City offer is a marketing ploy, with only a few seats available. In both cases the ST covers four fewer games.

I also bet we will get more sell out games than either of them next year.

The fact remains an adult can renew in the Chapel for £16.50 per game, which is excellent value, and arguably demonstrates the club does value the fan base.

Just for the record you (nor anyone else for that matter!) paid a single penny for my private pension and when I do receive a state pension at age 65 I will have contributed at least 10 times more per annum in tax (every year for 45 years!) than will be given back to me !

Anyway, let's not let the facts interfere with your opinion, eh ??

Dodgy argument. It's not as if your taxes only contributed to your pension, or if you'd been run over by a state subsidised train, you'd turn down been picked up by an ambulance, and driven to the hospital on state maintained roads - all also funded by your taxes. Even your private pension (assuming it was accrued in the UK) would have been subject to tax relief at source, so everyone contributed to that too.

This generation of new pensioners have milked the economy, the environment and left the future taxpayers with a burden. You've got it good and it is unlikely that future generations will be as cash rich as oldies today. Come to think about it you should be subsidising me!

Er - I think the club are well aware of my DOB as I had to provide proof of my age when I first qualified for a seniors ticket.

They will not have discarded that information.

You can quite easily renew the ticket and change the name/DOB on it. Say it was your brother's ticket and he's 65.

Stop whinging. To be frank the fact that your spending money you don't have on something you don't need sums up what an idiot you are.

Delighted, I'm sure. And the fact that you think I'm whinging when actually I'm quite pleased with the reintroduction of an instalment plan AND the prices, suggests that it's not me who's the one with the mental capacity issues.

That's not an entirely fair comparison is it?

The Man City offer is a marketing ploy, with only a few seats available. In both cases the ST covers four fewer games.

I also bet we will get more sell out games than either of them next year.

The fact remains an adult can renew in the Chapel for £16.50 per game, which is excellent value, and arguably demonstrates the club does value the fan base.

How much you want to bet?

Why would the club be desperate for more?

The takings (£16 per game on season ticket or £27+ on the day) means it is surely better to be getting less as long as you can get people to buy individually?

If the club aren't desperate for money up front and are confident of competing meaning higher crowds then you'd want less to make more income?

From the numbers at the round 1 of the cups etc I would assume a lot of season ticket holders don't go to extra games either unless they are a glamour tie so IMO they may not be the priority unless they are paying a decent wedge to see the games.

At £8 a game or even £15 a game they aren't contributing that mutch to the finances surely?

Why would the club be desperate for more?

The takings (£16 per game on season ticket or £27+ on the day) means it is surely better to be getting less as long as you can get people to buy individually?

If the club aren't desperate for money up front and are confident of competing meaning higher crowds then you'd want less to make more income?

From the numbers at the round 1 of the cups etc I would assume a lot of season ticket holders don't go to extra games either unless they are a glamour tie so IMO they may not be the priority unless they are paying a decent wedge to see the games.

At £8 a game or even £15 a game they aren't contributing that mutch to the finances surely?

I never said they were desperate, this is what I've been predicting for the last few weeks what the club would do. They don't particularly want season ticket holders and believe they'll make more money from pay per game. I'm lucky as I get a decent renewal deal.

Even if I understood that suggestion, I would not try to defraud the club.

Sorry for writing it in hieroglyphics. It was merely a suggestion as to how you could afford the season ticket.

Sit in the Chapel, is another.

Get a low-skilled job, is my final offering.

HTH

You can quite easily renew the ticket and change the name/DOB on it. Say it was your brother's ticket and he's 65.

Which is great right up until the time the club realise people are doing it, at which point they withdraw the concessions completely as it's too hard to manage if there's no trust involved.

Which is great right up until the time the club realise people are doing it, at which point they withdraw the concessions completely as it's too hard to manage if there's no trust involved.

I have no doubt that people do it already and have done for some time. I know a guy who has has a child season ticket at West Ham for over 20 years.

I feel sorry for people like my son who is 12 and paid £150 for his ticket last year, he has been saving up all year and got to £175 and was expecting it to be about £220 but no its £340 which is a massive amount for a 12 year old to save for he will not be renewing his ticket this season even though I offered to help him out but as he said its too much for a 12 year old how are they supposed to find that sort of money its a joke !!! and why should under 11s get in free dont understand it

I feel sorry for people like my son who is 12 and paid £150 for his ticket last year, he has been saving up all year and got to £175 and was expecting it to be about £220 but no its £340 which is a massive amount for a 12 year old to save for he will not be renewing his ticket this season even though I offered to help him out but as he said its too much for a 12 year old how are they supposed to find that sort of money its a joke !!! and why should under 11s get in free dont understand it

that is a sad story...really is...such a shame

maybe get him one for his birthday or something..?

As I said I offered to do that but think its the principle £150 to £340 is such alot think familes should get a concession where ever they sit not just in the family area

its just not fair on the poor lad think they will loose alot of 11 to 17 year olds this season TBH

As I said I offered to do that but think its the principle £150 to £340 is such alot think familes should get a concession where ever they sit not just in the family area

its just not fair on the poor lad think they will loose alot of 11 to 17 year olds this season TBH

Does he not want to move position in the ground?

No not really as he said he could be in with a load of really young kids (Nothing against that) but hes 12 going on 16 and likes it where he is in the Kingsland stand as I said why not let families sit where they want to why do they all have to be confined to one area not everyone wants to sit in the same place what about families that have 16 year olds they wont want to sit with young kids but at the same time wont be able to afford it either I have twin boys as well so where will I find another £380 pounds extra for their season tickets its a joke plus my own increase think they have gone too far this time and no half season tickets either which could have been an option

He has enough money for a season ticket in The Chapel so it's not as if he can't have one just not one where he'd like.

It's harsh but there are options.

No not really as he said he could be in with a load of really young kids (Nothing against that) but hes 12 going on 16 and likes it where he is in the Kingsland stand as I said why not let families sit where they want to why do they all have to be confined to one area not everyone wants to sit in the same place what about families that have 16 year olds they wont want to sit with young kids but at the same time wont be able to afford it either I have twin boys as well so where will I find another £380 pounds extra for their season tickets its a joke plus my own increase think they have gone too far this time and no half season tickets either which could have been an option

Families have always had dedicated areas at every club so your nipper does have options, whether he wants to take them is a different matter.

I wouldn't expect my nipper to get a freebie ticket for a 1/2 way line seat even though he gets a freebie in The Chapel.

I think that £515 for a season ticket is steep. There is supposed to be a saving in buying in bulk, in advance.

Which there is, you get the equivalent of 6 games out of 23 for free!

Buy 17 and get 6 free is a pretty good discount for any customer.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Dodgy argument. It's not as if your taxes only contributed to your pension, or if you'd been run over by a state subsidised train, you'd turn down been picked up by an ambulance, and driven to the hospital on state maintained roads - all also funded by your taxes. Even your private pension (assuming it was accrued in the UK) would have been subject to tax relief at source, so everyone contributed to that too.

This generation of new pensioners have milked the economy, the environment and left the future taxpayers with a burden. You've got it good and it is unlikely that future generations will be as cash rich as oldies today. Come to think about it you should be subsidising me!

Let's get this straight. We were told that it was 'National Insurance' and that it would give us a pension. Governments for which I did not vote have already spent that money and Gordon Brown stole even more from the private pensions. They have not spent any of this money on me. You don't contribute to something by not taxing it. By that logic you would be subsidising the air that we breath by not taxing it at source. If you go without and save a bit more towards your pension then even that little extra gets taxed at a higher rate of up to 90% by removing the pension credit. There is some tax relief on contributions but tax is paid on the pension so the tax is merely deferred. There is no public subsidy of private pensions.

Which there is, you get the equivalent of 6 games out of 23 for free!

Buy 17 and get 6 free is a pretty good discount for any customer.

That's nonsense. Why not make it £100 a game, then you could save over £70 by buying in advance. Or buy 10 tickets and save even more. The fact is that the same seats have fgone up in price from £300 to £515.

Let's get this straight. We were told that it was 'National Insurance' and that it would give us a pension. Governments for which I did not vote have already spent that money and Gordon Brown stole even more from the private pensions. They have not spent any of this money on me. You don't contribute to something by not taxing it. By that logic you would be subsidising the air that we breath by not taxing it at source. If you go without and save a bit more towards your pension then even that little extra gets taxed at a higher rate of up to 90% by removing the pension credit. There is some tax relief on contributions but tax is paid on the pension so the tax is merely deferred. There is no public subsidy of private pensions.

And there is no club subsidy of your season ticket. As a tory you should welcome the free enterprise of SFC and they way they are screwing money out of you.

They move to the Chapel & spend £380 which is a whopping £16 per game.

I sit on the halfway line, why would I want to move to the end of the ground? There is a large group of us who had seats together at the Dell and we all moved to similar seats at St. Marys. If it's move or nothing ,then it'll be nothing. The club has made a big mistake here, just like they did when they closed the corner blocks 1,2 & 3. The assumption is that these regulars will move elsewhere. They don't, they just give up their season tickets and once you've given it up you never buy another one.