Season Ticket Prices Released

Saint_clark

In fact we should have a list of standard moans just like the Trappist Monk's joke book.

That way you'd just have to post up a number and it would save a lot of keyboard activity.

good idea. Just to get to out of my system #63 (Norwich did it for £399 last season so surprised ours have risen to £465) and #28 (a 40% rise takes the ****)

Well they are more expensive than more established Championship clubs. The biggest hike is a result of the removal of senior discounts for those aged 60 to 64, male or female.

But we're expecting to be better than most Championship clubs next season, so perhaps we have to pay more than them? (guess we'll see in May)

I accept the hike leaves a sour taste, and I would expect NC to at least provide some explanation for that, even if it won't be satisfactory.

But we're expecting to be better than most Championship clubs next season, so perhaps we have to pay more than them? (guess we'll see in May)

I accept the hike leaves a sour taste, and I would expect NC to at least provide some explanation for that, even if it won't be satisfactory.

And if that expectation fails to materialise? High prices give rise to high hopes.

I politely stated my case by e-mail and got a bog standard, pre-prepared reply which basically told me what I already knew, and no, it was not satisfactory !!

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it ... sorry, can't read 10 pages to find out .... but previously an adult and junior PAIR in the Family Stand set me back under £30. I see there's no such provision in the new pricing, so for us to attend on a match day it will now be £40. (£25+£12+£3 bkg)

Will I go more this season? Certainly not, based on that price structure. Will I get us season tickets? Still not worth it, as I work out of the area and can't make the evening games.

Looks like our 10 games a season will simply cost us 35% more. Hopefully the quality will be better, though, so like the Guinness, I'm not bitter. :)

That doesn't reduce the cost. They would have to be sold to friends/family/work colleagues.

It does reduce the cost, you take the price off the amount you paid for the season ticket and it would be easy to sell them to friends/family/work colleagues. As you would sell them for season ticket price divided by 23 games, which gives them a bargain compared to match day prices.

It does reduce the cost, you take the price off the amount you paid for the season ticket and it would be easy to sell them to friends/family/work colleagues. As you would sell them for season ticket price divided by 23 games, which gives them a bargain compared to match day prices.

Or he could even sell them at the matchday price, and make a profit. SFC, thinking of it's fans again, and good to see. It makes you wonder why people are moaning.

Agreed. Try saying that to a 62 year old retired woman whose seat has just gone up 72% and see what happens to you.

Your`re not STILL harping on about this are you?? That`s the trouble with us old gits. We don`t know when to stop! The answer is simple. Either move to the Chapel or go to B & Q on a Saturday afternoon with Doris........apparently. Oh, and I forgot to tell you to shut the **** up.

I can't really be bothered to look on the main Saints OS and I just wanted to know when the ST renewals end just so I have time to renew my ST for next season!?!

Thanks!

COYR :D!!

Surely it would have been quicker to look on there than log in here and type out that message?

Also can you change the date on your location to 2011-2012.

Thanks!

Your`re not STILL harping on about this are you?? That`s the trouble with us old gits. We don`t know when to stop! The answer is simple. Either move to the Chapel or go to B & Q on a Saturday afternoon with Doris........apparently. Oh, and I forgot to tell you to shut the **** up.

At least I don't go on about Hoddle. ;)

"Oh, and I forgot to tell you to shut the **** up."

That's the trouble with this forum you are not allowed a different opinion before you attract this sort of abuse. Keep your opinion to yourself Whitey Grandad and just dissapear into the sunset like me. Neither you or I are part of this club anymore.

"Oh, and I forgot to tell you to shut the **** up."

That's the trouble with this forum you are not allowed a different opinion before you attract this sort of abuse. Keep your opinion to yourself Whitey Grandad and just dissapear into the sunset like me. Neither you or I are part of this club anymore.

If I had your sense of humour I would have to shoot myself due to extreme embarrasment

If I whinged as much as the old folk on here I would welcome my impeding death whole heatedly.

Most accept the club co*ked up with the untrailed rise for those between 60-65 and most accept that those in that age bracket who have season tickets should still get a discount.

However, the fact that season tickets can still be purchased that allows you to watch matches at the grand sum of £16 per game is, to the vast majority I'd suggest, seen as a bargain.

The continued whinging that you can't have the best seats in the house for the next to nothing is rather pathetic when other options are available, even if you feel that you have some strange right to have a discount wherever you sit.

I don't necessarily want to sit where I do but if I want the discount for my nipper and I then I accept that's where I have to. If I want to sit elsewhere then I'll have to pay the going rate. It's now the same for you guys.

There will come a time when I'm priced out. I know that and accept that and I will consider it unfair but that's life.

If people to whom unfair things are happening stuck together, and fought for each other more, perhaps things would get better.

rich people (like politicians and football club owners) like us accepting and putting up with bad things like price rises.

Usually at the same time they are being profligate with our taxes or ticket money.

I do not believe the club has cocccccked up about the 60-65s.Yes it is tough luck for them but then again surely they should count themselves lucky to have been paying less that the rest of us so stop moaning about it. The coccck up was letting you pay less in the 1st place. Congratulations to the club for rectifying the situation.

It's the rest of us that should be moaning at why 60-65s were aloud to pay less in the first place.

Encase you haven't guess there no sympathy from me, you're lucky not to have to paid fun price for the last few years so stop the moaning.

And if you retired early then probably means you can afford to so again why not pay full price.

Price reduction for the pensioners not those that are nearly there.

Retirement age is 65 not 60.

I do not believe the club has cocccccked up about the 60-65s.Yes it is tough luck for them but then again surely they should count themselves lucky to have been paying less that the rest of us so stop moaning about it. The coccck up was letting you pay less in the 1st place. Congratulations to the club for rectifying the situation.

It's the rest of us that should be moaning at why 60-65s were aloud to pay less in the first place.

Encase you haven't guess there no sympathy from me, you're lucky not to have to paid fun price for the last few years so stop the moaning.

And if you retired early then probably means you can afford to so again why not pay full price.

Price reduction for the pensioners not those that are nearly there.

Retirement age is 65 not 60.

Not for women, bigmouth! Oh, and when you learn to speak English properly and can put a sensible argument forward, come back and have another go.

Edited by miserableoldgit

Not for women, bigmouth! Oh, and when you learn to speak English properly and can put a sensible argument forward, come back and have another go.

Congrats to you on picking up crap typing but then those that are losing an argument usually result to such mouthing off.

If you can't afford it then don't go simple isn't. Why should the younger ones subsidise the those that aren't retired.

As I said count yourselves lucky you haven't had to pay full price because we have been subsidising you.

Pay up or shut it's that easy.

Congrats to you on picking up crap typing but then those that are losing an argument usually result to such mouthing off.

If you can't afford it then don't go simple isn't. Why should the younger ones subsidise the those that aren't retired.

As I said count yourselves lucky you haven't had to pay full price because we have been subsidising you.

Pay up or shut it's that easy.

Nobody has been subsidising anybody. Everybody has paid something towards their seat. You could just as easily say that those in the expensive seats are subsidising those in the cheaper ones.

Was going to keep out of this arguement after contributing, but again i will say, yes the sudden rise for those OAPs was steep and unexpected but whilst the retirement age for women is 60, it is by choice. For men not, and therefore they are not subsidising those in the cheaper seats, people choose to sit where they can afford. Saints have not banned these people! And again why should a 60 - 64 year old male (or female) in full time employment, earning the same wage as me get their seat cheaper!! Are these the same people moaning the fact that their free bus passes are not useable until after nine o'clock, but they can't take advantage of it because they have to start work at 08:30?

O.K. To try and stop some of the argument. here is my point. Firstly, throughout the country, wherever I go, whatever I do, generally concessions start at 60. Whether this is right or wrong is open to debate, bearing in mind that womens retirement age has been 60. There are also concessions at the other end of the spectrum, i.e students etc. Here for example is the concessions rate for The Mayflower :-

Concessions

Where listed, concessions apply to:

There will usually be a separately listed discount for under 18s

Should these other people get concessions? Should we be subsidising them? After all, "if you can`t afford it, don`t go".

My problem with what Saints have done is not what they have done but how they have done it. I am sure that they could with a little thought have introduced the raised age for concessions gradually. To essentially raise a price by 72% without warning, for generally the longest serving customers is insensitive and heavy-handed at best. Without going into my own personal situation, I budgeted for a 30%-ish rise and it was suddenly over twice that. If I was a women ST holder aged 60 to 65, perhaps with no husband still working, I would be REALLY ****ed off with it! But the thing that has upset me is the lack of understanding of the situation by the "I`m alright Jack. I doesn`t effect me so shut the **** up" brigade who obviously know best. They are "bleating" the same old ill informed arguments as much as we are "bleating" about the rise. And I thought "Together We Are The Saints." Yeah right!!

Miserable..you are wasting your time I realised ages ago that at Saints it is indeed a **** you jack I'm alright culture.

This season its OAPs and Adults and Juniors, wait until the rest get hit with a 65-72% rise then watch them squinny.

We just have to suck it up and get on with it if we want to watch Saints - at least with A&J we can move to another cheaper area whereas you are stuffed - its a shame as I believe those with tickets should of kept those concessions - all new should pay the new rate.

Miserable..you are wasting your time I realised ages ago that at Saints it is indeed a **** you jack I'm alright culture.

This season its OAPs and Adults and Juniors, wait until the rest get hit with a 65-72% rise then watch them squinny.

no, the ticket prices you were paying (what £8 a game) was very much YOUR alright jack to the rest of us

We just have to suck it up and get on with it if we want to watch Saints - at least with A&J we can move to another cheaper area whereas you are stuffed - its a shame as I believe those with tickets should of kept those concessions - all new should pay the new rate.

I don`t think that they will squinny. They will just "shut the **** up" and accept it with good grace..........won`t they????

no, the ticket prices you were paying (what £8 a game) was very much YOUR alright jack to the rest of us

Sadly DD you are just confirming how small minded you are. I have been watching Saints since the mid 1950`s and a ST holder since the mid 1970`s paying full price all of that time. I think that I have put enough money into Saints pockets over that time to deserve a standard, legal concession when it is offered. How much have you put in. Will you refuse a concession when you are offered one?? What I didn`t realise is that I have been ripping off all of you "Uber-Fans" for the last couple of years. I should replied to all of the threads on here that have been targetting old people for conning the club with their sneaky back-door "concessions" - the bastards! Oh, hang on a minute...... there haven`t been any!

Sadly DD you are just confirming how small minded you are. I have been watching Saints since the mid 1950`s and a ST holder since the mid 1970`s paying full price all of that time. I think that I have put enough money into Saints pockets over that time to deserve a standard, legal concession when it is offered. How much have you put in. Will you refuse a concession when you are offered one?? What I didn`t realise is that I have been ripping off all of you "Uber-Fans" for the last couple of years. I should replied to all of the threads on here that have been targetting old people for conning the club with their sneaky back-door "concessions" - the bastards! Oh, hang on a minute...... there haven`t been any!

I feel for you, seriously......but if you think the club are ripping you off at the sum of £16 per game...then I can see why you are getting little sympathy

I wonder if you can get into many league 2 grounds for £16 these days..?

I feel for you, seriously......but if you think the club are ripping you off at the sum of £16 per game...then I can see why you are getting little sympathy

As I`ve said before, missing the point completely.

You can get into Premiership grounds next season for less than that.

Aldershot, for example, £9.35 a match seated, £7.40 concessions. If you don't mind standing it's £8.48, £6.42 concessions.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

No one seems to have been able to answer my earlier post!

Look back to the time we were relegated to the Championship and the price you paid for a season ticket then. Add on inflation and increase in vat. Are you so far away from what you are being asked to pay next season. Forget the change in age concession, that is not the issue. Also was it not 65 and above at that time?

No one seems to have been able to answer my earlier post!

Look back to the time we were relegated to the Championship and the price you paid for a season ticket then. Add on inflation and increase in vat. Are you so far away from what you are being asked to pay next season. Forget the change in age concession, that is not the issue. Also was it not 65 and above at that time?

Were 14 year olds paying £240 then? Not sure if someone can help with that?

im not...the prices you were paying (£8 per game or whatever) was not going to happen..

like I said...I feel for you..but I would love to pay £16 per game......love it

You are. At no point in any of my posts have I said that the club is ripping us off. My point is that one section of the fan-base has had AN UNEXPECTED 72% RISE IN THEIR SEAT PRICE. These people have naturally, I think, moaned about AN UNEXPECTED 72% RISE IN THEIR SEAT PRICE. Another section of the fan who haven`t had AN UNEXPECTED 72% RISE IN THEIR SEAT PRICE are telling the first section to "shut the **** up" and to move places or go to B and Q with Doris. The second section who haven`t had AN UNEXPECTED 72% RISE IN THEIR SEAT PRICE are of course wonderful saintly people who wouldn`t raise a murmer if they had AN UNEXPECTED 72% RISE IN THEIR SEAT PRICE and would accept it like the meek little lambs that they are. Does this make it clearer??

You are. At no point in any of my posts have I said that the club is ripping us off. My point is that one section of the fan-base has had AN UNEXPECTED 72% RISE IN THEIR SEAT PRICE. These people have naturally, I think, moaned about AN UNEXPECTED 72% RISE IN THEIR SEAT PRICE. Another section of the fan who haven`t had AN UNEXPECTED 72% RISE IN THEIR SEAT PRICE are telling the first section to "shut the **** up" and to move places or go to B and Q with Doris. The second section who haven`t had AN UNEXPECTED 72% RISE IN THEIR SEAT PRICE are of course wonderful saintly people who wouldn`t raise a murmer if they had AN UNEXPECTED 72% RISE IN THEIR SEAT PRICE and would accept it like the meek little lambs that they are. Does this make it clearer??

serious question...have these prices always been so cheap (before the very recent rise) at this level (NPC/CCC) or were they at this level before..?

Always expect the unexpected.