Derby Away

They also don't say on the official site that the tickets go on general sale today!

The "official" site is absolute rubbish for ticket information. Compare it to other clubs who have clear precise dates of when on sale, and updates on the official website main news feed such as “Derby away on general sale today” , I was looking at West Ham’s site the other day, much much better.

The fact it can say sold out when we clearly will have loads left shows what a joke it is.

I reckon we’ll only take 1500 to Derby with Reading and Palace coming up just after that.

The "official" site is absolute rubbish for ticket information. Compare it to other clubs who have clear precise dates of when on sale, and updates on the official website main news feed such as “Derby away on general sale today” , I was looking at West Ham’s site the other day, much much better.

The fact it can say sold out when we clearly will have loads left shows what a joke it is.

I reckon we’ll only take 1500 to Derby with Reading and Palace coming up just after that.

Should be atleast 2,000 at Derby. I reckon Reading will be the biggest affected, with it being on TV.

Tickets booked for this. Cheers Spuds.

8) np, have just got mine as well

Should be atleast 2,000 at Derby. I reckon Reading will be the biggest affected, with it being on TV.

I think that'll be offset slightly by the fact that some people will go to that one because of the fact it is close

It's £28, which is still a lot, but not as much as £31. Buy online and get one posted out. Plenty of time left.

I just did mate, its £31 after Saint's booking fee. £28 for a ticket behind the goal is an awful lot for a championship match, you'd be bang on the half way line for that money at St.Marys.

I'll forget about that now though and start looking forward to next weekend :)

I just did mate, its £31 after Saint's booking fee. £28 for a ticket behind the goal is an awful lot for a championship match, you'd be bang on the half way line for that money at St.Marys.

Ah good point, forgot about the ticket tax. But yeah, it's outrageous everywhere. Leeds are charging £38 for away fans now?

The £28 for an adult ticket is steap, as you say £31 once the Saints tax has been added..... I was more disgruntled with the fact that the price for my 8 year old is £14.... whereas most other places offer under 9/8s for free with a full paying adult, and most offer under 12's, under 16s before under 18's blanket!!! I tell ya, when he gets home from school and I have to take £14 off the little lad he aint going to be too happy!!!!!

Any idea which pubs will be the best bets for Saturday ?

There are a few mentioned on the footballgroundguide....The Navigation Inn, Harvester, Merry Widows, The Brunswick and the Alexandra Hotel.

Think I am going have a few beers at my place while watching football focus, get train and into ground.... !!!

Else I may try get in the Harvester... or anything near the station.

Edited by saint_jas
spelling and stop being an idiot.

Think I am going have a few beers at my place while watching football focus, get train and into ground.... !!!

Else I may try get in the Harvester... or anything near the station.

As pre-match watering holes go a Harvester doesn't get much more souless.

Should've just bought a kids ticket. They have barcode scanners.

What a fantastic effort once again - well done one and all - hope you get a decent win for your efforts.:toppa:

It certainly is when we've got a home game a few days later followed by another away just after and the numbers travelling to Reading.

Also interesting to compare Deby's last game was away to 'local' rivals Leicester live on Sky and took 1300. Next week we travel twice as far for a game on Sky and are taking 4,000+. You can't knock that support.

One other thing, I thought clubs had to offer away supporters the same prices like-for-like as home supporters in the same priced seats. Derby have been giving away tickets and there's also been cut-priced deals on Groupon (they must have got their tickets from somewhere) for the equivalent seats as those Saints fans that are paying full price for. I wonder if they should have offered a percentage of aways at deal prices? Just a thought.

It certainly is when we've got a home game a few days later followed by another away just after and the numbers travelling to Reading.

Also interesting to compare Deby's last game was away to 'local' rivals Leicester live on Sky and took 1300. Next week we travel twice as far for a game on Sky and are taking 4,000+. You can't knock that support.

One other thing, I thought clubs had to offer away supporters the same prices like-for-like as home supporters in the same priced seats. Derby have been giving away tickets and there's also been cut-priced deals on Groupon (they must have got their tickets from somewhere) for the equivalent seats as those Saints fans that are paying full price for. I wonder if they should have offered a percentage of aways at deal prices? Just a thought.

I agree we have better support than derby but arguably there home support is better. We took 5000 on a Tuesday night to them in playoffs and they only brought 3100 here for the sat game - but they sold out and we didn't.

I agree we have better support than derby but arguably there home support is better. We took 5000 on a Tuesday night to them in playoffs and they only brought 3100 here for the sat game - but they sold out and we didn't.

Tbh we are almost identical sized clubs with support and cities to match. But they never bought 3100 for that play-off game, fairly sure it was well under 2,500 as they were all complaining they had such an early set-off from Derby. Poor things. There were plenty of empty seats in their bit easily seen from the Itchen North.

Ahhhh, Itchen North, that was good back then.

To be fair, the only reason the home end wasn't sold out was that there was a ticket office ****-up (shock horror) where a number of duplicate tickets were posted, so in order to make sure there weren't more people in the ground than there are seats available, they had to sell fewer tickets, which left a small section of seats in the Itchen/Chapel corner vacant.