"They're all black"

farawaysaint

In short;

"Okay, whats the general profile of a rioter? and why are they doing what they're doing?"

1) Age - rioters are mostly young

Possible factors affecting young people that should therefore be investigated:

-benefits culture that gives something for nothing

-lack of job opportunities

-greater number of single-parent families

-genuine increase in poverty and lack of opportunities

-lack of role models and father figures

-poor education system

-lack of morality

-celebrity culture

-opportunism and entitlement

2) Race - disproportionately high number of Black people

Possible factors affecting black people that should therefore be investigated:

-genuine racism from society and potential employers causing disparity in wealth

-racist police force

-gangsta culture and a the inevitable copycat behaviour as a result

-poorer education resulting from a disproportionate number of black people generally living in deprived areas.

-a general concoction of materialism from the ghetto/gansta culture as well as the glamourous/trashy world of celebrity in Britain which causes material goods to be so highly valued.

So there you see are numerous potential causes that I've just pulled off the top of my head affecting the youth and black people respectively. We need to acknowledge all of the potential factors involving those who took part in the riots in order to understand them and take the correct course of action, burying our heads in sand as to who was doing the rioting is the worst thing we can do for everyone.

So whilst I should probably find something better to do with my Friday night than to spoon-feed another grown-up something that should be obvious to anyone, that; essentially, is the answer to your question about what significance I attach to skin tone; and its a factor that I refuse to ignore as I simply have too much respect for people of any race, creed or colour to do so. I'll leave it to the judgment and fair-mindedness of the posters on this forum as to whether or not I'm being unreasonable.

I noticed how Cameron spoke glowingly about the Seikhs protecting their temple but failed to compliment the people of Eltham.:rolleyes:

I'm not at all surprised he didn't compliment the Nazis.

I didn't see the interview that you have referenced but what I am surprised at is that he didn't compliment the clean-up operations in the morning? For someone whose 'vote winner' is the big society, it seems rather short sighted.

Hardly a suprise is it? The white working class male is right at the bottom of the pile for politicians in 2011.

That is how it seems. The PC brigade will of course talk about the EDL and the hooligan element, but let us not forget that the Seikhs defending the temple went tooled up but that's not something we sould mention. As it goes I fully support the Seikhs and I fully support the people of Eltham.

Apart from a vague reference to 'disparity in wealth', why no mention of poverty, even as one among many variables?

Mainly because I was just pulling random possible factors off the top of my head as examples (although disparity in wealth = poverty, I presume you're just annoyed I didn't make a bigger thing about it or make sufficient excuses for the rioters behaviour for your liking) but also because I don't honestly believe that poverty is the main issue when a bunch of young lads black or white rob a plasma TV to go with their £400 Iphones and £100 trainers.

BUT!

and this is the key point.

What I'm saying about race being somewhat significant isn't inconsistent with the idea that poverty is the main factor. Hell maybe it really is all the white mans fault! What you attribute the general demography, profile and background of the rioters to is an open question with many varied answers. All I'm trying to make clear is that whilst race is far from the only factor, its an important factor nonetheless, and simply NOT ignoring it doesn't indict black people in general in the slightest, its simply just a necessary part of the investigation into where the problems in society lie.

Anyway - I only get three posts a day so I'll have to close there for now, but I hope that I've persuaded you that I have a legitimate point which I hope you'll consider even if not completely accept.

I'm not at all surprised he didn't compliment the Nazis.

So let me get this straight. It's fine to label all of the good people of Eltham as NAZI's, but it's not fine to talk about the disproportionate numbers of non whites that we witnessed rioting and looting?

So let me get this straight. It's fine to label all of the good people of Eltham as NAZI's, but it's not fine to talk about the disproportionate numbers of non whites that we witnessed rioting and looting?

You quoted the EDL. Unless everyone in Eltham is a member they're not a Nazi are they?!

Cretin.

Honestly, the eleven year olds in year 7 have better reasoning/deduction skills than you.

You quoted the EDL. Unless everyone in Eltham is a member they're not a Nazi are they?!

Cretin.

Honestly, the eleven year olds in year 7 have better reasoning/deduction skills than you.

I taked about the people of eltham and then you made your comment. I then talked about how the PC brigade would spin it. You didn't fail to disapoint.

Also you come accross as being very immature with your aggressive remarks.

I taked about the people of eltham and then you made your comment. I then talked about how the PC brigade would spin it. You didn't fail to disapoint.

Also you come accross as being very immature with your aggressive remarks.

I can't remember who it was who posted "Now millwall are kicking off with the OB in Eltham" but it wasn't me or another member of the 'Liberal Elite'...

I don't really care how I come across to be perfectly honest :-)

I can't remember who it was who posted "Now millwall are kicking off with the OB in Eltham" but it wasn't me or another member of the 'Liberal Elite'...

I don't really care how I come across to be perfectly honest :-)

Just as well really.

up there with Dulldays

Careful or he'll start calling you Turkey.:lol:

These two insults are quite brilliant. They are almost as good as the ones I have been waiting to use. Drivel for verbal and bridge not far enough for you know who. It takes a level of intelligence us normal folk cannot comprehend to come up with that level of wackiness and humour though.

The Liberal Elite oddballs are having quite a fit of the vapours on twitter.:lol:

http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23newsnight

A few examples of their rants:

David Starkey must have left his house tonight & thought: 'Just not enough people know what a massive racist I am. Must fix that'

The problem is that the whites have become black" David Starkey tells #newsnight - close to inciting racial hatred. Awful!

David Starkey: "I have just been re-reading Enoch Powell." It shows

The Liberal Elite oddballs are having quite a fit of the vapours on twitter.:lol:

http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23newsnight

A few examples of their rants:

David Starkey must have left his house tonight & thought: 'Just not enough people know what a massive racist I am. Must fix that'

The problem is that the whites have become black" David Starkey tells #newsnight - close to inciting racial hatred. Awful!

David Starkey: "I have just been re-reading Enoch Powell." It shows

Probably because making incendiary comments about black culture is not 100% correct at this moment in time...bet you loved it though. I can almost see you there in your front room now, wearing a string vest and snaffling down savaloy and chips whilst snorting with laughter at those comments. Speaking about how black culture has "infected" Britain is probably not the wisest thing he could've done tonight.