"They're all black"

farawaysaint

The conclusion to my tale is this. That young man had a choice - he could become what he was being accused of or he could fly in the face of the stereotyping that surrounded him.

He is now a very successful corporate lawyer. Wouldn't it have been sad if we'd been deprived of such a talent because of the mindless attitude of some police officers. Fortunately, that attitude is changing, albeit slowly.

OK, some will say that, if he could rise above it all, then so can every falsely-accused young black man. But, as with any section of society, not everyone is blessed with his intellect and decency.

Blacks are 5 times more likely to commit violence against the person.

Blacks are 4 times ‘more likely’ to commit sexual offences.

Blacks are fifteen times ‘more likely’ to commit robbery.

Blacks are over six times ‘more likely’ to commit fraud and forgery.

Blacks are over twice as likely to commit criminal damage.

Black are five times ‘more likely’ to commit drugs offences.

Source: The UK Government.

http://warband.wordpress.com/the-colour-of-crime/

No, black people are involved in gang crime and knife crime more than whites. It's that simple.

Super Mikey won't believe this. Your first hand experience and official government figures do not supercede Mikeys superior intellect on the subject.

I'd give you my 'conclusion', but the liberal elite on here would jump on it, and brand me a racist. However, I'll share a story with you, being friends with a high up officer in what was the police force, told me a little fact, a few years ago. The majority of street crime, was carried out by Black youth, hence why they were stopped so often. Now the police 'service' don't stop them anywhere as much, due to being labelled 'institutionally racist'. IMHO, the wishy washy liberal hearted do gooder pc minded minority, have effectively tied the average coppers hand behind his/hers back.

Is that why they didnt bother investigating the Stephen Lawrence murder?

Super Mikey won't believe this. Your first hand experience and official government figures do not supercede Mikeys superior intellect on the subject.

No, he's right. They are disproportionately involved in crime, but they are also disproportionately targetted by police. The reason for the higher amount of crime amongst black people is that they mostly live in high-deprivation areas, meaning that crime is a way of subsistence. Put white people, asian people, dogs, martians, whatever in those circumstances with no jobs and no opportunities in life, and what do you think will happen? The fact that innocent black people (as well as those of other minorities) are targetted just because of their race is disgusting though.

No, he's right. They are disproportionately involved in crime, but they are also disproportionately targetted by police. The reason for the higher amount of crime amongst black people is that they mostly live in high-deprivation areas, meaning that crime is a way of subsistence. Put white people, asian people, dogs, martians, whatever in those circumstances with no jobs and no opportunities in life, and what do you think will happen? The fact that innocent black people (as well as those of other minorities) are targetted just because of their race is disgusting though.

It didn't happen when I, or my mother, or my grandmother were young.

They have the same opportunities as everyone else. Primary and secondary school, and then college/university etc. They choose their way of life.

It is a tough one because if more crimes are committed by blacks it's inevitable that more people fitting that description are going to be stopped and searched.

However it is naive to think the MET are not racist, how many stop and searches are just because they "look dodgy" not because they are after someone specific. My asian mates have been pulled over by the rozzers countless times, I have not once. They say it is something they all have just got used to.

There was one of those Police programmes on TV the other day that made me laugh. These coppers saw a black guy in an expensive car drive past so the pulled out and followed him. After a minute or so they noticed his number plate had an illegal font so pulled him over. They laughed off his claims of racism and gave him a ticket yet the black guy was right. If it had been a white guy driving past they would never have pulled out and even seen the number plate. Blatant racism yet the rozzers were too thick to even realise it.

No, he's right. They are disproportionately involved in crime, but they are also disproportionately targetted by police.

Based on your figures and official crime figures blacks are 7 times more likely to be stopped and searched, yet blacks are 15 times more likely to commit a robbery. They should be stopped and searched 15 times more than whites. The current stop and search figures clearly show that whites are disproportionally targeted.

You really are going for Dune's mantle of Top Racist On The Forum!

He's right though. Many many people grow up on council estates and get off their arses and work. Why are these people such special cases for the Liberal Elite?

It is a tough one because if more crimes are committed by blacks it's inevitable that more people fitting that description are going to be stopped and searched.

However it is naive to think the MET are not racist, how many stop and searches are just because they "look dodgy" not because they are after someone specific. My asian mates have been pulled over by the rozzers countless times, I have not once. They say it is something they all have just got used to.

There was one of those Police programmes on TV the other day that made me laugh. These coppers saw a black guy in an expensive car drive past so the pulled out and followed him. After a minute or so they noticed his number plate had an illegal font so pulled him over. They laughed off his claims of racism and gave him a ticket yet the black guy was right. If it had been a white guy driving past they would never have pulled out and even seen the number plate. Blatant racism yet the rozzers were too thick to even realise it.

I bet 25+ years ago, many people looking or sounding Irish were stopped more than anyone....

guess times have changed

They have the same opportunities as everyone else. Primary and secondary school, and then college/university etc. They choose their way of life.

Are you really that thick to think everyone has the same chances in life?

You really are rivaling Dune for the forum retard award.

Put white people, asian people, dogs, martians, whatever in those circumstances with no jobs and no opportunities in life, and what do you think will happen?

Are you suggesting they don't know how to ride bikes, catch a bus or jump on the tube to go to work?

They have the same chances as all working class people have. They choose their life, just like everyone else.

He's right though. Many many people grow up on council estates and get off their arses and work. Why are these people such special cases for the Liberal Elite?

I was talking about his posts throughout this thread.

They have already prosecuted and jailed some of the 1,000+ of those people arrested.

The age ranges from 11 to the 40s, and include white people who were employed - examples given were a graphic designer and a primary school worker...

Er, no they don't.

- Living below the poverty line

- Poorer quality of schools

- Less jobs, therefore less disposable income for books etc.

- More discrimination from police etc.

I'm lucky in that i'll never have to experience growing up as an ethnic minority on a council estate in a city. I'd be very surprised if anyone on this forum experienced that as well.

I was talking about his posts throughout this thread.

They have already prosecuted and jailed some of the 1,000+ of those people arrested.

The age ranges from 11 to the 40s, and include white people who were employed - examples given were a graphic designer and a primary school worker...

UAF ilk anarchists i'd imagine.

I'd give you my 'conclusion', but the liberal elite on here would jump on it, and brand me a racist. However, I'll share a story with you, being friends with a high up officer in what was the police force, told me a little fact, a few years ago. The majority of street crime, was carried out by Black youth, hence why they were stopped so often. Now the police 'service' don't stop them anywhere as much, due to being labelled 'institutionally racist'. IMHO, the wishy washy liberal hearted do gooder pc minded minority, have effectively tied the average coppers hand behind his/hers back.

Or they're not trying hard enough.

All of us have to deal with changes in the way we do our jobs. I do work for a big corporate client, heavy on process, taking on an ever increasing burden of red tape. It slows me down, but its got to be done.

Not denying that stop and search is useful, but its not the only rabbit in a copper's hat. Whatever happened to gathering evidence and building a case? The Met needs the black community to feel that justice works for them. Unfortunately, previous blunders are going to make that difficult. Regardless, the Met needs some wins that demonstrate, not pay lip service to, a proper commitment to giving the black community equal treatment in London. It has taken an inquiry to get close to the facts on the Stephen Lawrence case. That's something that should be happening as a matter-of-course through the usual judicial channels.

The relationship goes both ways. If the stats quoted on here are accurate, and people are fairly convicted through the judicial system, and they happen to be black - that's fair enough, isn't it? Equal treatment.

While I have faith in our judicial system as a whole, jury trials in particular, pretty much everything that hits the courts through the prism of the Police. Problem is, the Met have bent the light of justice away from community too many times. Stop and search is politically sensitive, opening the wound a little whenever it happens. I'll cede that the stats may make it effective in a crime prevention sense, might be quicker, easier and I'll admit, statistically better for public safety - but everytime a law abiding kid who wants to be part of this country gets stopped, a little bit of respect for it vanishes. If the Met can demonstrate even-handedness, stop and search might become a more readily available tactic - but right now, it's a no-no, and they shouldn't make excuses because their job description has changed.

Er, no they don't.

I'm lucky in that i'll never have to experience growing up as an ethnic minority on a council estate in a city. I'd be very surprised if anyone on this forum experienced that as well.

tell you what, I grew up with far less than nothing..I have direct experience of living waaay below the poverty line.

Are you really that think to realise that people cant decide for themselves if they want to become a criminal or not? That they get free education up the age of 18 and have every opportunity to be educated to at least A level standard for nothing.

You really are rivally BTF for the forum Head stuck in the sand award.

I'll give you a few facts about the Stop & Search. Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_Kingdom

You can see why people think the police are racist, eh? ;)

your wasting your time posting stastics to that paranoid lot -you know its the liberal elites fault ha ha :lol: and don,t forget lefties ,labour ant-racists, democracy or the brave new world of hanging, bnp ,edl ,racist thugs,football hooligans, city bankers and greed is good brigade and dictators.:)

Er, no they don't.

Living below the poverty line - they can still go to school.

Poorer quality of schools - there were many black lads from my school that lived on council estates over 10 miles away from the school, but still worked hard so they could get into the school and not have to go to one of their local schools.

Less jobs - I use Croydon as my example because it's where I live, and it's a huge town like you'd see anywhere over the country. There are plenty of opportunities in London, it's the bloody capital!

So you're telling me they don't have the chance to go to school?

People are dealt all sorts of hands.

For kids that grow up surrounded by gangs, in some crime ridden sh!thole estate, with f*ck up parents - making a decent life is much much harder than the average middle class kid who has every opportunity laid on a plate.

If you doubt that you need to open your eyes.

many of them have more chances than I did.......

The only reason you're not a crime statistic is that no one here has reported you to the police.

A little humility on your part would go a long way, after your ugly little threats - not to say, illegal ones - of violence and criminal damage.

Why don't we just rename this thread 'Racist Rant and Bile' - then the saner members of TSW can make an informed choice about what they read.

What, do you mean the type of posters that describe burning down buildings, looting shops and destroying peoples livelihoods as a right of passage? That kind of saner member of TSW?

The vast, vast majority of people in this country have the opportunity to go to school, to college, university, to work and earn a living. Unfortunately too many CHOOSE not to.

tell you what, I grew up with far less than nothing..I have direct experience of living waaay below the poverty line.

Do you have direct experience of being an underprivileged black youth in a white country? Not taking anything away from your upbringing, it must have been difficult, but admit that there is a difference between a white man in that situation and a black man in that situation.

Are you really that think to realise that people cant decide for themselves if they want to become a criminal or not? That they get free education up the age of 18 and have every opportunity to be educated to at least A level standard for nothing.

You really are rivally BTF for the forum Head stuck in the sand award.

got to agree turkish a good education means alot but some parents don,t seem to care how they do at school unfortunately

The vast, vast majority of people in this country have the opportunity to go to school, to college, university, to work and earn a living. Unfortunately too many CHOOSE not to.

And this is absolutely true. And even if it isn't, it does not give anyone a free pass to riot, loot, rob, steal, destroy, vandalise and ruin other peoples lives and livelihoods.

**** "understanding" them, that is what got us where we are right now... too much wet-willied, lily-livered liberalism.

But he has dared to disagree with the Liberal Elite. These people are the bastions of democracy and free speech provided you agree with them.

Been brought up to hate them. My hate for them is similar to my love of Saints. There is nothing better than being at a game between the two and witnessing the sheer hate between the two sets of fans. I hope those on here saying they're not bothered about Pompey don't turn up on 18th September. Let's be honest too, asking this on a forum isn't going to give anyone a balanced view, because they tend to be full of nerds anyway.

This is an interesting quote demonstrating a belief that upbringing can influence have you behave and how you can feel towards other groups in society

People are dealt all sorts of hands.

For kids that grow up surrounded by gangs, in some crime ridden sh!thole estate, with f*ck up parents - making a decent life is much much harder than the average middle class kid who has every opportunity laid on a plate.

If you doubt that you need to open your eyes.

It might be harder, but it’s far from impossible. Your excuses to a huge disservice to all those decent people that grow up without money, on estates, single parent families and work their @rse off to get to uni or do a dull, cr@ppy job to earn a living rather than robbing from others. Go to South Bank University, near Elephant and Castle and tell me people from a VERY wide variety of backgrounds don't get the opportunity to go to University in this day and age. People must be made responsible for their own actions and their own decisions.

What, do you mean the type of posters that describe burning down buildings, looting shops and destroying peoples livelihoods as a right of passage? That kind of saner member of TSW?

Did she really say that.

Big :lol:

Welcome to the potty world of the Liberal Elitists.

got to agree turkish a good education means alot but some parents don,t seem to care how they do at school unfortunately

At the end of the day, they have the same chances as most. The only one thing that lowers the amount of opportunities available is parenting. If the parents don't bring them up properly before they're too old to know right from wrong then they won't have as many opportunities.

Do you have direct experience of being an underprivileged black youth in a white country? Not taking anything away from your upbringing, it must have been difficult, but admit that there is a difference between a white man in that situation and a black man in that situation.

I do. And i can tell you know Super M that a lot of them thrive in the "bad man" image. They dont want to be anything other than the big man. That is coming from my own first hand experience and the tales of a mate of mine who is a youth worker in Walworth. Although i am sure if i pm'd you his number you'd be able to call him up and put him right.