"They're all black"

farawaysaint

I'd like to hear that from the mods - because I don't believe it. And in any case, they could not 'know' in the sense that they are not you. They have some explaining to do if they knowingly let that thread run on.

God you are a boring bastard with no life. Go outside and play for a while, you might like the outdoors. Or are you on a tag and can't leave your pit? I bet it smells.

i think where this discussion went wrong is a few people assumed comments meant "all black people are bad" which we know is rubbish, there are plenty of decent people of all colours, and equally bad people of all colours, what is true is that in London most of the looters were black, and in London a lot of black youths are attracted to the gangsta culture and these are the ones we saw on the streets.

Look; here's the deal:

To pretend that there wasn't a huge majority of blacks involved in the riots especially in London where they nevertheless make up a minority of the population is probably the most racist thing you can do. If it was Chinese/Orientals, Jews, Poles or Pakistani Asians for example people would clearly make comment on those particular ethnic groups having a large presence among the rioters but because its the blacks - a lot of people turn a blind eye.

Why? Well I think its because an awful lot of people on the left are more racist than they think. They'll never admit it, but they hold black people to a lower standard and secretly expect/take this kind of behavior from them for granted and think that the definition of "racism" is pointing out such bad behaviour and not politely ignoring what they think is simply standard behavior for black people.

I personally think that the fact that there was such a huge black presence among the rioters shouldn't provoke us to condemn black people and attribute this behavior to their supposed inborn nature (pretty much whats being implied by the proper BNPesque proper racists here) but we can't simply ignore it either.

Instead, we need to take a good look at what it is that is happening in the black community to cause such a massive disparity in terms of crime. Is it police racism? Is it the ghetto/gangsta subculture thats formed and a case of monkey-see-monkey-do? (and in fairness a fair few whites take after that as well) Is it something else?

Whatever it is, to pretend that there isn't a problem in the black community when they had a disturbingly large presence in the riots is really not helping anyone.

No-ones claimed the opposite but both Sky and BBC very noticeably ignored the obvious and frankly quite striking demographic of the rioters, almost seeming to take it for granted that riots and looting in London would inevitably be largely comprised of young blacks and that it was nothing noteworthy let alone surprising.

Leaving out such a clear point (regardless of making any sort of judgement call about why this was the case) but simply in terms of description and describing the whole story as a whole seems quite a pertinent omission - an omission which I don't believe for a second would be made for frankly any other ethnic group whatsoever, and you have to wonder why.

I personally hold black people to the same standard as whites, asians, eastern europeans, orientals/whoever and in any case in which any of those groups was a minority in a society and yet was the most active in a riot such as this; I'd immediately find myself confronted with the question of why? What had affected/happened to that group/what was going on in that community to make it so?

That to me sounds like the only genuinely non-racist reaction

No-ones claimed the opposite but both Sky and BBC very noticeably ignored the obvious and frankly quite striking demographic of the rioters, almost seeming to take it for granted that riots and looting in London would inevitably be largely comprised of young blacks and that it was nothing noteworthy let alone surprising.

Leaving out such a clear point (regardless of making any sort of judgement call about why this was the case) but simply in terms of description and describing the whole story as a whole seems quite a pertinent omission - an omission which I don't believe for a second would be made for frankly any other ethnic group whatsoever, and you have to wonder why.

I personally hold black people to the same standard as whites, asians, eastern europeans, orientals/whoever and in any case in which any of those groups was a minority in a society and yet was the most active in a riot such as this; I'd immediately find myself confronted with the question of why? What had affected/happened to that group/what was going on in that community to make it so?

That to me sounds like the only genuinely non-racist reaction

But it does beg the question as to why you feel it so important that the colour of people's skin is worth highlighting. What significance do you attach to skin tone?

But it does beg the question as to why you feel it so important that the colour of people's skin is worth highlighting. What significance do you attach to skin tone?

Ah get over yourself man.

If you got mugged by a 6ft black man, how would you describe him to the police.

Or a 6 ft genetically inferior black man in your parlance.

Have you read anything I have written? I certainly don't consider them inferior.

Anyway back to the question how would you describe him, I see you have avoided it.

No further questions your honour

Have you read anything I have written? I certainly don't consider them inferior.

Anyway back to the question how would you describe him, I see you have avoided it.

No further questions your honour

So what exactly IS your point about 'genetics'?

How would you describe the mugger

Oh skin colour is part of the description of an attacker, certainly - although it's interesting you choose the phrase '6ft black man', which appeals to that old racial stereotype that had young black men hanging from trees in the Deep South.

But as you watch the procession of people in court and see the obvious ethnic variety, the fact people want to label them all, white and black alike, as black, is of course racist. QED.

Actually, for all the claims about racism in the police, if you report a crime in London, and you say the perpetrator is black, the police find that unhelpful - they want to know more about appearance - East African, West, etc etc.

Oh skin colour is part of the description of an attacker, certainly - although it's interesting you choose the phrase '6ft black man', which appeals to that old racial stereotype that had young black men hanging from trees in the Deep South.

But as you watch the procession of people in court and see the obvious ethnic variety, the fact people want to label them all, white and black alike, as black, is of course racist. QED.

Actually, for all the claims about racism in the police, if you report a crime in London, and you say the perpetrator is black, the police find that unhelpful - they want to know more about appearance - East African, West, etc etc.

So the skin colour is relevant in the desciption of the attacker, but not relevant in describing people carrying out attacks..... how strange.

As for your last paragraph (Which for some reason came up on the quote after you realised how stupid that makes you look) what a load of absolute ******* tosh..... Whilst I am sure they would like to know the exact ethnicity, I am equally sure they would want to know if they were looking for a white or a black man..... you fool.

So the skin colour is relevant in the desciption of the attacker, but not relevant in describing people carrying out attacks..... how strange.

As for your last paragraph (Which for some reason came up on the quote after you realised how stupid that makes you look) what a load of absolute ******* tosh..... Whilst I am sure they would like to know the exact ethnicity, I am equally sure they would want to know if they were looking for a white or a black man..... you fool.

Well my last paragraph is based on some experience.

I think your slip is starting to show, as I thought it would. You are one of those people, are you, who want the ethnically mixed crowds, all to be described as black? I do think you should ask your therapist, if you have one, to find out how you can face your deep psychological fears and phobias.

I think your slip is starting to show, as I thought it would. You are one of those people, are you, who want the ethnically mixed crowds, all to be described as black? I do think you should ask your therapist, if you have one, to find out how you can face your deep psychological fears and phobias.

We've never crossed swords before, but seen plenty moan about you. I can understand why now.

Completely contridict yourself and when proved wrong, make stuff up, put words in peoples mouths, pull out the racist card, with snide comments about mental health to boot.

You only have to read my posts to get my take on racisim and don't take kindly to your insinuation.

Officer; So Mr verbal can you describe your attacker, but don't tell me what colour he was, as that wouldn't be helpful.

Try getting laid or if that's not an option, treat yourself to one off the wrist.

Pathetic

We've never crossed swords before, but seen plenty moan about you. I can understand why now.

Completely contridict yourself and when proved wrong, make stuff up, put words in peoples mouths, pull out the racist card, with snide comments about mental health to boot.

You only have to read my posts to get my take on racisim and don't take kindly to your insinuation.

Officer; So Mr verbal can you describe your attacker, but don't tell me what colour he was, as that wouldn't be helpful.

Try getting laid or if that's not an option, treat yourself to one off the wrist.

Pathetic

What are there so many liberal nutcases on here? You can't even have a debate without it degenerating into lying, contradictions, insinuation, attempts to take the intellectual high ground.... and they seem the most smug, arrogant and ultimately the most stupid on here.

Just my opinion, of course...

What are there so many liberal nutcases on here? You can't even have a debate without it degenerating into lying, contradictions, insinuation, attempts to take the intellectual high ground.... and they seem the most smug, arrogant and ultimately the most stupid on here.

And mine.

Pathetic

This is so disappointing.

Still, your therapist could help you with anger management too. But do get her/him to explain patiently to you why you have such a desire to label all crowds of whatever ethnicity as 'black'.

A simple explanation really. Just as the riots have exposed the thin veneer of civilisation, so has the reaction. Raging racism is barely beneath the surface of both these threads, and if you think 'liberals' are just going to stand by while dune and his gang run riot you're mistaken.

Damn, made to look stupid.... I'lll have to make something up

Keep trying son and keep your chin up

Oh, and while I remember - some helpful and well intended advice. Stay well clear of your 'understanding', for want of a better word, of genetics .

A simple explanation really. Just as the riots have exposed the thin veneer of civilisation, so has the reaction. Raging racism is barely beneath the surface of both these threads, and if you think 'liberals' are just going to stand by while dune and his gang run riot you're mistaken.

The thing is, you and your friends don't for a moment consider other peoples viewpoints. It's all about what you believe - and if no-one else agrees with it, they're wrong. Gandhi once said something along the lines of "You can be in a minority of one and still be right" and whilst I agree with that, this doesn't exactly correlate here or elsewhere on supposedly 'racist' threads.

If anyone has the audacity or daring to suggest anything that you don't agree or that can be perceived, even thinly, as racist, then it gets jumped upon. Now, I've only skimmed the thread but I don't see racist remarks at all; I see people voicing their opinions. It might be right, it might be wrong but it certainly doesn't deserve to be treated with a constant condescending tone (which is something that appears commonplace among the 'liberals'

I don't give a ****e about race, sexuality, religion - I judge a person on their merits. Are they a good person? Great, if they are. Are they t0sser? Yes - well, ok, they're a t0sser then. That's it, finished. If that demographic happens to be 90% white/black/green/whatever, then so be it. To refuse to acknowledge it though is sticking your head in the sand.

:lol::lol::lol: 'uckin' hell, you're on another planet son, you really are!!!

The thing is, you and your friends don't for a moment consider other peoples viewpoints. It's all about what you believe - and if no-one else agrees with it, they're wrong. Gandhi once said something along the lines of "You can be in a minority of one and still be right" and whilst I agree with that, this doesn't exactly correlate here or elsewhere on supposedly 'racist' threads.

If anyone has the audacity or daring to suggest anything that you don't agree or that can be perceived, even thinly, as racist, then it gets jumped upon. Now, I've only skimmed the thread but I don't see racist remarks at all; I see people voicing their opinions. It might be right, it might be wrong but it certainly doesn't deserve to be treated with a constant condescending tone (which is something that appears commonplace among the 'liberals'

I don't give a ****e about race, sexuality, religion - I judge a person on their merits. Are they a good person? Great, if they are. Are they t0sser? Yes - well, ok, they're a t0sser then. That's it, finished. If that demographic happens to be 90% white/black/green/whatever, then so be it. To refuse to acknowledge it though is sticking your head in the sand.

This cant be true. They are open minded, believe in live and let live etc.

Oh, and while I remember - some helpful and well intended advice. Stay well clear of your 'understanding', for want of a better word, of genetics .

Actually that is the first accurate post you have made. Genetics was probably the wrong wod in the context of what I was suggesting.

But as for the insinuations and stuff you made up, I think it is clear which one of us needs a therapist.

Go on ... treat yourself to some light relief .... You quite obviously need it.

I was under the impression that that wasn't looting. Aren't you allowed to collect ship wrecked goods?

No, the Receiver of Wrecks has to be notified (and contrary to popular belief that is not Southampton Football Club).

Having said that, most looters were allowed to keep their loot.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/October/october23-30/oct2607salvergersallowedtokeepbmws/

Because skin tone and ethnic/national background very often tend to affect the individuals which comprise them through the cultures that they form. Even the most innocuous facts that Japanese people use chopsticks whereas the French use a knife and fork to the fact that South America is largely Christian and Saudi Arabia is mostly Muslim highlight the fact that ethnic and national backgrounds imply that someone from them will be affected by that respective culture.

The news channels certainly had no qualms about noting that the vast majority of the rioters were young, despite the obvious presence of many older people also taking part and immediately began to investigate what it was that was affecting the youth that provoked a massive presence in the riots from their generation. It went without saying that people are affected by the circumstances, culture and influences that affect a particular age group and that such circumstances, culture and influences should be investigated as a result what those subjected to them had done.

Likewise, it seems fairly odd that race was completely and utterly omitted from the description of the general profile of the rioters and seems to suggest the idea that underlying such an omission was the idea that black people in particular needed a protection from any sort of criticism; a protection which I am certain would not be afforded to any other ethnic group whatsoever. In the words of Ayaan Hirsi Ali: "Avoiding offense means we don't treat one another as equals."

She's quite right. The steadfast refusal to acknowledge all of the factors affecting a disproportionately large representation from one particular group of people in the riots will only lead us to ignore the negative factors that affected them even more.

Thing is, what I'm saying makes no qualitative judgement about black people in the slightest. The entire premise of my point is that all people are indeed equal in morality and intelligence and thus; when a disparity emerges involving a particular group of people; it begs the question of what is affecting that group of people to cause it.