I actually wouldn't mind relegation

um pahars

When we beat Sheffield United last season to stay up the eurphoroia of the occassion was tempered by the fact it meant Slithery Mike Wilde would bring back Lowe. Relegation there and then would probably have been for the best as it would have put the club into administration and we would not have had to endure the cloud of the Lowe/Wilde axis.

Once again i think relegation would be for the best as it hastens the inevitable - administration.

We either scrape by at the foot of the CCC whilst Lowe and Wilde asset strip us - end result relegation and administration in the medium term, or hopefully we go down this season and stop fannying about.

Like it or not, and some ostriches still have their heads in the sand and think we can avoid admin, we will go into admin and therefore the sooner it happens the sooner we can get it out of the way and start looking forward.

Argueing the pro's and con's of admin is not an issue, it's gonna happen so we all need to get used to the idea and boycott the Lowe/Wilde PLC to accelarate the process.

Anyone got beyond their seemingy blind hatred of RL and anyone associated with him, to consider whether in today's economic climate, administration might could do to SFC? That it could mean liquidation and going the way of Accrington Stanley, Bradford Park Avenue, etc?

I'm no fan of RL but is that really a price we would be prepared to pay?

Anyone got beyond their seemingy blind hatred of RL and anyone associated with him, to consider whether in today's economic climate, administration might could do to SFC? That it could mean liquidation and going the way of Accrington Stanley, Bradford Park Avenue, etc?

I'm no fan of RL but is that really a price we would be prepared to pay?

Yes I think you are right I totally agree with your post.

The board appear to me to be planning for life in Div 1 but the repayments on the Stadium are a major problem.

Edited by John B

The board appear to me to be planning for life in Div 1 but the repayments on the Stadium are a major problem.

Utter codswallop.

If they are really planning for life in League 1, why arent they calling in the administrators, and getting it over with now, so that we can start with a clean slate next season in League 1? This is why I dont believe Lowe will buy the club outright if we go into admin.

No, this situation is down to the incompetence and arrogance of, Lowe, however much you try to deny it. And he hasnt got a clue what to do about our declining on- and off-pitch fortunes..

Utter codswallop.

If they are really planning for life in League 1, why arent they calling in the administrators, and getting it over with now, so that we can start with a clean slate next season in League 1? This is why I dont believe Lowe will buy the club outright if we go into admin.

No, this situation is down to the incompetence and arrogance of, Lowe, however much you try to deny it. And he hasnt got a clue what to do about our declining on- and off-pitch fortunes..

I know you think relegation means administration but it might not .

I dont know and neither do you

Not every club that gets relegated goes into administration we just have different opinions there is no need to be rude I think I am a lot more pragmatic than you.

If we get relegated it will mainly because the gamble by Wilde Hone Crouch did not work and we spent too much money on players fees and wages not on the latest decisions.

We both want the same thing but not knowing all the facts is not helping either I want evolution you appear to want revolution.

I dont think Lowe and Wilde are in it totally for the money as they have other vast incomes to survive on unlike me.

Edited by John B

I dont think Lowe and Wilde are in it totally for the money as they have other vast incomes to survive on unlike me.

What money? there's no money to be in it for anyway.

Unless you count the million that Wilde has already lost on share value of course;

In it's current configuration all anyone is going to make out of SLH,SFC or whatever is a sharp pain about wallet height.

Some of our directors might even have given personal guarantees to the bank.

I remember when the shareholders were voting for Lowe's new stadium funding proposals at the Dell. There were a few very worried ones that felt his proposals were too risky and if the club ever got relegated our very existance would be put at threat because of the enormous stadium debt. The stadium debt payments account for about 30%-40% of our turnover???? Add the overdraft, falling matchday income and we're in big trouble.

Just because you keep saying this, it doesn't make it true. How are you defining small? We are easily one of the 25 biggest clubs in the country.

Agreed. Do people really think we would cease to exist if admin happens. We are easily in the top third of clubs, whenever has a club this size ceased to exist.

I don't want admin but people should stop this fear mongering.

i still have a big LOL at those who spouted the holiert han thou bollix that the CCC was fair and (i quote0 "exciting"..and shouted down those (like myself) who tried to point out the obvious that this league is god awful and when the parachute money ran out we would know..

I think most assumed we would go up within two years...hence the ludacris statement like...

"we will walk this league"

"we have the best manager"

"ormerod will score 20+"

lol

Agreed. Do people really think we would cease to exist if admin happens. We are easily in the top third of clubs, whenever has a club this size ceased to exist.

I don't want admin but people should stop this fear mongering.

Oxford and Luton have both won a major trophy since we did. Where are they now

For all the people who think we'd start on a 'clean slate' after Admin. I guess you're right, it really would be a clean slate.

Training ground will be sold. God knows what will happen about the stadium, sale and lease back? Absolutely no decent players left. Loads more people will lose their jobs, also meaning the club can't be run properly.

How is this going to be a good thing? Admin doesn't just wipe out your debts so you can start again, we will be royally fooked with absolutely no assets and prob a massive points deduction to start the season (depending on the circumstances).

LOL at the apologist comparing us to the football giant of Oxford United.

With all due respect to Oxford, things must be really bad if this is the best response that can be wheeled out when being faced with a shambles on and off the pitch!!!!!!!!!

For all the people who think we'd start on a 'clean slate' after Admin. I guess you're right, it really would be a clean slate.

Training ground will be sold. God knows what will happen about the stadium, sale and lease back? Absolutely no decent players left. Loads more people will lose their jobs, also meaning the club can't be run properly.

How is this going to be a good thing? Admin doesn't just wipe out your debts so you can start again, we will be royally fooked with absolutely no assets and prob a massive points deduction to start the season (depending on the circumstances).

I don't doubt one of the first things the administrators will do it close down the academy.

Costs a packet, produces no players that are of CCC standard and isn't cost effective.

Lallana,Surman,Walcott, Bale I hear you all cry, yep, but their sale probably hasn't paid the way of the academy since it's been open.Because of those only Walcott and Bale have been sold, for a total of about 14 million;

The club will try to soldier on as we are until April next year,because then we can sell JF to the highest bidder or Bovis will have to stump up the going rate. Until then tBovis can ho and hum and keep us in limbo.

We're not going to make a fortune but at least we can rake in the 2 or 3 million that we so desperately need to keep going.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I don't doubt one of the first things the administratos will do it close down the academy.

Cost's a packet, produces no players that are of CCC standard and isn't cost effective.

Lallana,Surman,Walcott, Bale I hear you all cry, yep, but their sale probably hasn't paid the way of the academy since it's been open.Because of those only Walcott and Bale have been sold, for a total of about 14 million;

Baird, Blackstock, Best, Cranie, Bridge etc? If that lot haven't raised as much as the academy costs to run, I'd be amazed.

I don't doubt one of the first things the administratos will do it close down the academy.

Cost's a packet, produces no players that are of CCC standard and isn't cost effective.

I'm sure I read that the academy costs about £1M a year to run so just Bale and Walcott means it's covered 14 years of running costs. You can also add Best, Blackstock, Crainie, Mills, Jones and Baird to that list in recent times so the academy more than pays for itself and contributes to the running of the club.

I'm sure I read that the academy costs about £1M a year to run so just Bale and Walcott means it's covered 14 years of running costs. You can also add Best, Blackstock, Crainie, Mills, Jones and Baird to that list in recent times so the academy more than pays for itself and contributes to the running of the club.

sounds good but only an idiot would think it all works like that

sounds good but only an idiot would think it all works like that

Obviously, but the point is that the academy can pay for itself given the number of players who have come through the ranks and been sold on, contributing to the income for the club. Developing and selling players is just about the only way for Saints to stay afloat in the absence of a sugar daddy.

Obviously, but the point is that the academy can pay for itself given the number of players who have come through the ranks and been sold on, contributing to the income for the club. Developing and selling players is just about the only way for Saints to stay afloat in the absence of a sugar daddy.

A bit like a garden centre, you mean? Sow the seeds, water and feed them and then sell the resulting plants on to other people to have in their gardens?

So SLH is about being a 'garden centre'. The football club is an aside. SLH could, in fact, exist just as a 'garden centre' and the football side could close altogether.

Is that what you're intimating?

A bit like a garden centre, you mean? Sow the seeds, water and feed them and then sell the resulting plants on to other people to have in their gardens?

So SLH is about being a 'garden centre'. The football club is an aside. SLH could, in fact, exist just as a 'garden centre' and the football side could close altogether.

Is that what you're intimating?

That's what Glenn Hoddle is doing.

Please, Oxford a team in the southern league until the 60's whose highest league finish is 18th in division 1 and Luton who had one good spell in the top flight are no where near us in stature.

Oxford are in the conference because they were relegated not because they went bust and started again. Luton went into admin and their position is connected to that, but they are still in existance.

People are talking about us ceasing to exist, it won't happen we are too big for that.

The only clubs to cease to exist (for a period) have been small clubs and all of them are up and running again, Maidstone, Aldershot, Newport, Accrington.

Exactly this is how we have survived for years. The problem is the longer we stay in disarray the harder it will be to attract the good youngsters, the less big players we can produce so the less money we have feeding in.

Why do some people think administration is a good thing? It could be the end of the club, it would definitely relegate us, and/or make next season in league 1 another relegation battle.

Many people would lose their jobs. Nevermind directors and players, but support staff, everyone. You moan when Stern John is loaned to lower the wage bill, but you'd be happy to see Surman, Lallana, Davis, Holmes, Skacel, Lancashire, Schneiderlin and basically anyone of any value leave?? It's madness. We're fighting administration in the only way possible. We're in danger because we're a small club with a small loyal supporter base. We can't afford large wages in this league. It's annoying and makes it 10 times harder to achieve anything, but there we go.

Assuming administration removes all "evils" and brings in hope, finance and success is insane. The only reason I defend Lowe is the sheer bloody-minded stupidity amongst Southampton fans when it comes to him. It's pantomine nonsense and in many cases disturbing obsession that has done the club no good at all. In reality, Lowe and Wilde have a ridiculously tough job in this tenure and have no choice but to reduce the wage bill. Anything that's gone before that tenure is irrelevant now, but too many would rather sit around shouting about whose to blame then get on and help towards the future. Others just want the situation to get worse, plain and simple.

Well said, and the nonsense started in 2004. If we had employed Glenn Hoddle we surely would not have been relegated, that is the crux of the matter, like it or not.

I know you think relegation means administration but it might not .

I dont know and neither do you

Not every club that gets relegated goes into administration we just have different opinions there is no need to be rude I think I am a lot more pragmatic than you.

How many of these clubs have our level of debt and a number of parasites sucking the life out of it ?

The closest analogy to us is Leeds - and they did go into administration.

How many of these clubs have our level of debt and a number of parasites sucking the life out of it ?

I think you would be surprised at the level of debt in English Football I saw an article the other day

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7656862.stm

Edited by John B

Nah, you really think an 8 million quid overdraft is big debt????

As long as we're not behind on our mortgage instalments that's not a problem.

Leeds debt was what 50,60,70,100 million, I don't remember.

We aren't greatly in debt, brasher boards would brazen out three times as much and think nothing of it.

How much do Watford owe,despite having their 46 million debts paid off,only what 5 or 6 years ago. Or Skate or Man U . If Watford don't go up this season (and it's not very likely) they'l be in serious dos.

I bet role model Wigan have some pretty heavy debts,Hull as well by now.

Our problem is that our revenue has been seriously reduced and we didn't handle it very well.

I wouldn't compare uswith leeds though.

But WC surely it's all about being able to service those debts however big or small they might be.

Isn't this what we're failing to do, and will continue to fail to do for the foreseeable future?

MU can service their debts ATM I think.

Yes we can't service the debts exact,but the "board" are trying to do something about that in the only possible (apparently) way and just getting bile and shîte tipped on them 24/7.