Time is now up for Lowe & Wilde

Long Shot

I have never been and out and out opposer of Rupert Lowe. I could see we were in the mire and his way seemed the only real answer to our financial problems particularly as we have a respected Andrew Cowen in there hopefully fighting for reality. However I have recently fallen off the fence having heard little bits from many and varied respected people with one thing in common, they all are firm supporters of Southampton Football Club.

My gut feeling is that Lowe has won. There is nothing we can do. Under his stewardship Southampton FC is dying a horrible death. OK it might have happened under the previous regime, who knows. I hear (second hand I might add) even some of our young players are getting disillusioned although that may be as much down to the team inability as a unit.

I am going again this evening but there is no buzz, no desire, just a numbness and realisation that I am watching the death throws of a once proud football club.

I can understand the stay aways. It is not helping our financial position but it has to send an important message to Lowe and his backers. Hand over the Stewardship to someone else. Lowe himself will never give in to his ideals. Wilde has to see his damaging role in this. He needs to set the domino's falling. Resignation from the plc is the only way in my opinion. Do it please and do it soon or the little value you have left in your shareholdings will soon be worthless.

Ron, Things must be bad if you've taken such a step. I really hope common sense prevails and Lowe steps down and sells-up.

Ron, Things must be bad if you've taken such a step. I really hope common sense prevails and Lowe steps down and sells-up.

When sensible and mild mannered (well compared to me) posters like Ron see the writing is on the wall then we are in serious trouble.

The experiment was never likely to work but I think most of us gave it support but the time has now come for a dose of reality.

When sensible and mild mannered (well compared to me) posters like Ron see the writing is on the wall then we are in serious trouble.

The experiment was never likely to work but I think most of us gave it support but the time has now come for a dose of reality.

Me too, I never thought it would work but kept my silence and gave it a chance. Anyone with half a football brain knew it was doomed from the start but Lowe knows best.:rolleyes:

Me too.

It was all too Wigleyesque for my liking.

Nice guy, good coach and loads of hype didn't cover the deficiencies of this revolutionary coaching set up.

But have we gone too far down the trodden path now for any change to be of any use???

Once again, just like with Wigley, have we lost the all important close season in terms of prepaation and ins and outs???

Has the rot set in, a rot from which we will never recover???

To be fair to Lowe and Wilde it is the rise of the premiership which has left them in a situation where with no money to invest themsleves they were doomed to lead Southampton to disaaster.

When Lowe masterminded his takeover of the club he must have believed that he could succeed. But with the premiership clubs paying huge wages they could never compete.

Lowe wouldnt sell up because he is is a control freak but he hasnt got the resources or backers to compete in this new world where you needed a multi-millionaire and where you now need a billonaire.

The **** up that led to our relegation was RLs biggest mistake

His arrogance would be tolerated if he had brought success but is unforgivable when he has led us to disaster.

He must know that his total football revolution was equivalent to sending out the Hitler Youth to take on the Russians

With the debt still rising and the arse falling out of the economy he knows that we have to sell any player we can at Xmas and that this will accelerate the spiral to disaster

If he was smart he would get out now but his ego wont let him

He will end up sitting in his lounge a home staring at his [plan for the premiership

He will take us in abyss

To be fair to Lowe and Wilde it is the rise of the premiership which has left them in a situation where with no money to invest themsleves they were doomed to lead Southampton to disaaster.

When Lowe masterminded his takeover of the club he must have believed that he could succeed. But with the premiership clubs paying huge wages they could never compete.

Lowe wouldnt sell up because he is is a control freak but he hasnt got the resources or backers to compete in this new world where you needed a multi-millionaire and where you now need a billonaire.

The **** up that led to our relegation was RLs biggest mistake

His arrogance would be tolerated if he had brought success but is unforgivable when he has led us to disaster.

He must know that his total football revolution was equivalent to sending out the Hitler Youth to take on the Russians

With the debt still rising and the arse falling out of the economy he knows that we have to sell any player we can at Xmas and that this will accelerate the spiral to disaster

If he was smart he would get out now but his ego wont let him

He will end up sitting in his lounge a home staring at his [plan for the premiership

He will take us in abyss

Rupert in his Berlin Bunker. Achtung!

Absolutely correct. Crouch was "negated" by the executive coup soon after Wilde went. He opposed the Euell deal big time (because it was outrageous in monetary terms) but Hone persuaded Wiseman to vote for it. Crouch after becoming chairman actually made this club money after getting a nice packet from Scotland for Burley (they initially offered nothing) and then getting Pearson for a lot less annual salary than that compensation.

Crouch's only financial outlay as Chairman were the loans at the end of the season that ultimately kept us up.

Now, I am not saying Crouch is the "be all and end all" when it comes to being a Chairman and I think you will find he is the first to hold his hands up at some of the things that happened in the last half of the season when he was in charge but he has qualities that put him way ahead of Lowe and Wilde. For a kick off he is still prepared to put his own money in and two he actually cares about the club first and foremost. Whilst that last quality can be a hindrance and cloud judgement I still trust him more than Lowe and Wilde to do the right thing when all the chips are down. And I am confident Barclays think along similar lines which, when all said and done, is the most crucial fact right now.

Excellent synopsis and review of the "Crouch period"

He is the only one of the "big 3" whom I would trust with our club.

thats it when in the financial mire up the costs.

The four corners will only make the ground seem more empty and as far as I can see the kit always arrives for the team to wear.

RL is fine cutting the costrs but any involvement in the football selection etc would be no go as far as Im concerned.

nick I am only joking for crying out loud. I know Lowey would not do any such thing..its apersonal joke..Ethel was not even a tea lady as it was Beyrl.

By the way tell your friends Pulis is registered and paid by us the same way Stoke are paying for Davies. You guys want it every way and you will see when he plays for the reserves..funny old signing again.

I'm sure i will get the response "so who then" or something along those lines.

But i don't want Lowe,Wilde, Crouch or any persons connected with past and present regimes at the helm of this club.

They have all made monumental fook ups along the way,or atleast played some part in our apparent demise.

The constant shuffling of deckchairs on what is the "Titanic"that is SFC is pure farce.

The sooner we get them all the further away from being in prominant roles Southampton Football Club the better.

All IMO,and i'm sticking to it.

Edited by saint lard

I do not disagree with the sentiments of a number of esteemed contributers

on the LOwe subject, but there is an awful lot of emotive langauge being thrown about re lowe.

Take the arrogance allegation. This is being spouted time and time again but since he has returned to the fold he has been conspicous by his absence.

I cannot recall hearing or let alone seeing him give press interviews since his return. Previously he would hog the media limelight and did show his arrogance.

If he was that arrogant then surely he would have been seen more frequently

in the public eye.

This time he has kept a very discrete profile.

Evan Mike Wilde rarely speaks out.

I am in many ways encouraged that the two are keeping out of the media and I trust they are doing every thing in their power to sort us out.

We are not the only club in this predicament, and we will not be the last.

Football needs to sort its act out before the bubble bursts. We need a level playing field for all not just the top six clubs in the premier.

I do blame lowe for some of whats gone on at the club. equally its not all his fault.

Blame Greedy agents, Sky, the players, the media, hone dalliu crouch, wilde etc as well as Lowe.

I do not disagree with the sentiments of a number of esteemed contributers

on the LOwe subject, but there is an awful lot of emotive langauge being thrown about re lowe.

Take the arrogance allegation. This is being spouted time and time again but since he has returned to the fold he has been conspicous by his absence.

I cannot recall hearing or let alone seeing him give press interviews since his return. Previously he would hog the media limelight and did show his arrogance.

If he was that arrogant then surely he would have been seen more frequently

in the public eye.

This time he has kept a very discrete profile.

Evan Mike Wilde rarely speaks out.

I am in many ways encouraged that the two are keeping out of the media and I trust they are doing every thing in their power to sort us out.

We are not the only club in this predicament, and we will not be the last.

Football needs to sort its act out before the bubble bursts. We need a level playing field for all not just the top six clubs in the premier.

I do blame lowe for some of whats gone on at the club. equally its not all his fault.

Blame Greedy agents, Sky, the players, the media, hone dalliu crouch, wilde etc as well as Lowe.

If you want a level playing field there are two principal options.

1) Salary Cap and Draft as in the NFL

2) French system with the DNCG (direction national de controle de gestion)

All clubs submit their accounts, those that are too much in the red get "recruitment bans",those that are really really in the red get relegated.

Piece of pisces really. If you're spending money you don't have it gives you an advantage, you get knocked back end of.

Mind you for the Champions League-forget it.

How can a club charging £15 at the gate and without much debt compete with clubs charging £50 and 200 million in the red.

Football has become a joke, Time machine me back to 1984, just in time to

watch Saints stuffing Liverrpool at Anfield.

Interesting analysis. My only issue with all of that mess is WHY oh WHY when we were actually playing quite well did the Execs feel the need to bring the warfare into the open by making that statement only hourse before an important football match, (in which we played like a popped balloon). It COULD have been made on the Monday morning and with a little more care over the wording, but they issued it to score points and our form collapsed from that moment onwards

Imagine in your line of business that you had got yourself into a difficult position and had to work alongside idiots of the highest order. Then throw in the fact they were not necessarily trying to help what you wanted to achieve, plus a fractious atmosphere. And all you wanted was to get out of this with the possibility of future employment elsewhere. Dulieu and Hone knew they were going at the AGM, they did not care anymore, they had enough of the muppets and this was their parting shot. They knew the SISU deal was never going through, although they would have been happy to take a bonus or further year’s salary out of it. All they wanted to do was leave with their business credentials in some sort of shape to enable them to find employment in the future. You have to remember that the initial action they took in believing Wilde regarding forthcoming finance, made them look total chumps in the business world. Their beds had a large Satan’s coil between the sheets and they had nowhere else to sleep. It was either clean the mess up and make the best of a bad job, or hit the streets and find a suitable doorway.

Just look at the parting statement hashed together (along with their compensation) that gave them credibility back in exchange for silence. If you read through this, you will find out exactly what everyone’s position was and why.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/search/?mode=movenav&page_id=9450

The Company would like to place on record its sincere appreciation of the excellent results achieved both collectively and individually by Ken Dulieu, Jim Hone and Andy Oldknow. By contrast, throughout their time together within the Company, the Chairman, Departing Executives and the remaining Executives (being Lee Hoos, Operations Director and David Jones, Finance Director) (the "Remaining Executives") have stood united in their pursuit of a prudent business strategy which has delivered highly creditable results in extremely challenging circumstances.

What total ******(although some on here keep quoting these figures as good), they had sold all the family silver, with just a couple of teaspoons remaining for the entire household to deal with the Sunday roast. Dulieu and Hone could now walk out with their reputations in tact having ticked every box regarding investment and finance during their time at St Mary’s. It would not surprise me that these quotes were included in their resumes for future employment.

You will also notice that “the club has to sell players in January” has now been replaced with “Whilst the Company is under no immediate financial threat, continuation of the prudent financial regime established by Ken Dulieu and all of the Executives will be necessary to maintain financial stability.”

Would anyone like to comment on what happened to that “continuation of the prudent financial regime” and why we are now on skid row?

If you go back over everything that happened during this period you soon see how we ended up where we are now. Those that created and nurtured that environment are at fault for the position we now find ourselves in. If at any time they had stopped and asked themselves “What is best for Saints”, we would not be in this position now. But they were all consumed with their petty arguments to notice the hangman’s scaffolding going up around St Mary’s.

Imagine in your line of business that you had got yourself into a difficult position and had to work alongside idiots of the highest order. Then throw in the fact they were not necessarily trying to help what you wanted to achieve, plus a fractious atmosphere. And all you wanted was to get out of this with the possibility of future employment elsewhere. Dulieu and Hone knew they were going at the AGM, they did not care anymore, they had enough of the muppets and this was their parting shot. They knew the SISU deal was never going through, although they would have been happy to take a bonus or further year’s salary out of it. All they wanted to do was leave with their business credentials in some sort of shape to enable them to find employment in the future. You have to remember that the initial action they took in believing Wilde regarding forthcoming finance, made them look total chumps in the business world. Their beds had a large Satan’s coil between the sheets and they had nowhere else to sleep. It was either clean the mess up and make the best of a bad job, or hit the streets and find a suitable doorway.

Just look at the parting statement hashed together (along with their compensation) that gave them credibility back in exchange for silence. If you read through this, you will find out exactly what everyone’s position was and why.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/search/?mode=movenav&page_id=9450

The Company would like to place on record its sincere appreciation of the excellent results achieved both collectively and individually by Ken Dulieu, Jim Hone and Andy Oldknow. By contrast, throughout their time together within the Company, the Chairman, Departing Executives and the remaining Executives (being Lee Hoos, Operations Director and David Jones, Finance Director) (the "Remaining Executives") have stood united in their pursuit of a prudent business strategy which has delivered highly creditable results in extremely challenging circumstances.

What total ******(although some on here keep quoting these figures as good), they had sold all the family silver, with just a couple of teaspoons remaining for the entire household to deal with the Sunday roast. Dulieu and Hone could now walk out with their reputations in tact having ticked every box regarding investment and finance during their time at St Mary’s. It would not surprise me that these quotes were included in their resumes for future employment.

You will also notice that “the club has to sell players in January” has now been replaced with “Whilst the Company is under no immediate financial threat, continuation of the prudent financial regime established by Ken Dulieu and all of the Executives will be necessary to maintain financial stability.”

Would anyone like to comment on what happened to that “continuation of the prudent financial regime” and why we are now on skid row?

If you go back over everything that happened during this period you soon see how we ended up where we are now. Those that created and nurtured that environment are at fault for the position we now find ourselves in. If at any time they had stopped and asked themselves “What is best for Saints”, we would not be in this position now. But they were all consumed with their petty arguments to notice the hangman’s scaffolding going up around St Mary’s.

We have only lost a few games I know things dont look good but it is not over yet

He's banned

Any idea why?

His recent posts have been pretty objectionable but that is not unusual. In the last couple of weeks he has not descended to the level of his "smearing excrement over your house" of a month or so ago.

Perhaps its just for an accumulation of yellow cards.

Just look at the parting statement hashed together (along with their compensation) that gave them credibility back in exchange for silence.

Just who do you think wrote this total b******** statement thanking the Executives for their hard work and creditable results????

I'll give you a clue, it was the outgoing Executives themselves.

What total ******(although some on here keep quoting these figures as good), they had sold all the family silver, with just a couple of teaspoons remaining for the entire household to deal with the Sunday roast.

Hold on a minute, I thought you maintained that the Execs did nothing wrong during their time here.

Are you now saying their own claims that they did a creditable job are horse??????

Just what exactly is your position as you seem to be changing sides more times than the Italians did in the World War II

And once again you totally miss the point.

This statement was written by the Executives who only a month or so earlier had been running the scare story about the January firesale.

So why the sudden change of heart from them??

the back page is two large pictures -looks like separate ones just next to each other on the page -this could be what they are referring to, but it looks like just showing their faces to illustrate the piece with pics taken on different occassions.

inside the sport bit there is another pic of them looks like walking and talking and says before the game.

No pic of them together in dug out

the back page is two large pictures -looks like separate ones just next to each other on the page -this could be what they are referring to, but it looks like just showing their faces to illustrate the piece with pics taken on different occassions.

inside the sport bit there is another pic of them looks like walking and talking and says before the game.

No pic of them together in dug out

Thanks.

Any idea why?

His recent posts have been pretty objectionable but that is not unusual. In the last couple of weeks he has not descended to the level of his "smearing excrement over your house" of a month or so ago.

Perhaps its just for an accumulation of yellow cards.

I think "he" probably got more yellows than Elton John and Dorothy out of the Wizard of Oz combined.....although I suspect "he" was given a suspended sentence before the ban kicked in....

Lowe out etc

Ummm, why?

Unless a multi Million/billionaire was looking to buy us, I wouldn’t ‘out’ Lowe..

He is doing a good job at hold back the club from folding over..

What else can anyone else do?

Crouch did a good job at ****ing this up..

Yes he may have kept A few of the players, but financially would have ****’d ‘us’ Over..

Apart from selling Andrew Davies, he hasn’t really done anything wrong?

Yes Lowe is a ****, but he at least he knows what the **** he’s doing..!

RANT OVER!

Lowe out etc

Ummm, why?

Unless a multi Million/billionaire was looking to buy us, I wouldn’t ‘out’ Lowe..

He is doing a good job at hold back the club from folding over..

Crouch did a good job at ****ing this up..

Yes he may have kept A few of the players, but financially would have ****’d ‘us’ Over..

RANT OVER!

So theres no one else on the board who would be more popular than Lowe?

This is the same failed Chairman who divides the fanbase and is the reason many dont go to games,because he is there.

He gets rid of a popular manager,then brings in two Dutch unknowns to implement a so far failed experiment,at a time when we shouldve been trying to build on our place in this league.

As for doing a good job,well if you think by getting rid of ALL of our top goalscorers will keep us up,then i would have to disagree.Sometimes you have to speculate to accumilate.

If we dont score goals,we lose games,fans stop coming and we go down.

Im sorry but he doesnt know what hes doing.

He is doing a good job at hold back the club from folding over.

Is he? With reports of Barclays being not happy and our OD increasing?

Not have brought in an inexpereinced coach with no english football knowledge

Crouch did a good job at ****ing this up

How? Crouch was marginlised by the group Wilde brought in

Why buy a 19yr for £1.2m from the french second league? Why give a contract to Tommy Forecast? Why give Killer a 1yrs contract when it was so frigging obvious the guy would never really play properly again? Why sign Pulis, a 24yr old pro who has approx 20 games under his belt? Why sign Gasmi (sic) who was injured and couldnt get in his team back home?

See above? Also letting your main striker go out on load to a CCC rival. When we cant score goals

I agree with the first part of that!

I think "he" probably got more yellows than Elton John and Dorothy out of the Wizard of Oz combined.....although I suspect "he" was given a suspended sentence before the ban kicked in....

never got to the bottom of what happened to scooby? my laptop died for a couploe of weeks and when I came back he had gone! what was posted that made him go away?

Is he? With reports of Barclays being not happy and our OD increasing?

Not have brought in an inexpereinced coach with no english football knowledge

How? Crouch was marginlised by the group Wilde brought in

Why buy a 19yr for £1.2m from the french second league? Why give a contract to Tommy Forecast? Why give Killer a 1yrs contract when it was so frigging obvious the guy would never really play properly again? Why sign Pulis, a 24yr old pro who has approx 20 games under his belt? Why sign Gasmi (sic) who was injured and couldnt get in his team back home?

See above? Also letting your main striker go out on load to a CCC rival. When we cant score goals

I agree with the first part of that!

Talk about tearing a intoxicated man apart..

The picture is quite clearly captioned as follows with Rupert Lowe next to him".

I sometimes wonder about NickH - I think he should put more water in his glass.

I don't doubt the caption, but the photo is not of them together -look at the edge of JPs shoulder -that is an edge of a sharp image, over laid against an softer lit/focussed image of Lowe.

I guess the echo mean, "LOOKING CONCERNED: JP before Saturday's game at Swansea, with (a picture of) Rupert Lowe next to him". -unless they want to mislead us!

all IMHO -not a photo expert but that is quite clearly two images. Maybe they were together but not as shown in pic. Also says before game, doesn't say or show a dug out.

never got to the bottom of what happened to scooby? my laptop died for a couploe of weeks and when I came back he had gone! what was posted that made him go away?

His identity was revealed. Go to flickerhouse.com. There is even a picture of him there.

According to all sources...."Scooby" was a one time film director called Andrew. His 'wind ups' were part of some elaborate 'project'. I never did get the punchline mind you.

project?! how was he outed and how did he react? feel free to pm if easier.

He didn't react, other than stopping posting. His last post coincided with the day that 'all' was revealed....I say "all'....but I never did get the reason why he was doing what he was doing. I think he's a genuine Saints supporter but I'm still not sure what the motive was behind his 'Lord Lowe' crusade.....perhaps he genuinely meant it??!

I think others on here 'got it' more than I ever did/will....

Look at the quotes from his film

"You people want to take this away from me?! Why, so you can crawl in after I've gone? That's what you people can never understand: you take one away, and another will always fill his place. It's not criminal, it's capitalism. I'm the president and C.E.O and this, well this is a hostile takeover and I like it. "

Can someone tell me how I missed this before, this is hilarious. Looking at his quotes / film making desires, I reckon we will all be characters of a major flick :)

He didn't react, other than stopping posting. His last post coincided with the day that 'all' was revealed....I say "all'....but I never did get the reason why he was doing what he was doing. I think he's a genuine Saints supporter but I'm still not sure what the motive was behind his 'Lord Lowe' crusade.....perhaps he genuinely meant it??!

I think others on here 'got it' more than I ever did/will....

I wonder whether he ever logs on these days. Come on Andy - we love you really - especially now that we know that you are just a wind up merchant.

Perhaps its moving from Salisbury and living with those mad yanks that turned your mind.