Football Manager 2012 - updates thread

Saint_clark

I remember giving the Arsenal researcher a b*llcking for his ridiculous ratings for Eduardo. He used to easily score four in a game.

However, some credit must be given for the research they have got right. CM/FM fans all knew who Vincent Kompany, Neil Lennon and Ronaldo were long before they played for big teams :D

I thought Cortese was born in Italy and educated in Switzerland, it says hes Swiss on mine

Who on EARTH would make that mistake? That's INCREDIBLY stupid.

However, some credit must be given for the research they have got right. CM/FM fans all knew who Vincent Kompany, Neil Lennon and Ronaldo were long before they played for big teams :D

Quite! Though I'm yet to hear about Lasse Qvist in real life...

This indeed....but remember the good old days of Adu on the left wing and Cardenas on the right being unstoppable? Where did they go :D

Just got my first win with my relegation battlers three games in. A 5 - 3 win against champions Rosenborg with my tried and tested formation. Beautiful. I looked at my team and they just had no strength or physical attributes in general, so I sold a promising player on a high wage which gave me a lot of money to play with, I brought in a load of decent players. Hi ho hi ho, up the table we go!

Who fricking Ra!!!........I'm up and running at last, I had to do a factory reset in the end.

Glad to hear it - sounds like you had similar problems to me. Whatever happened to putting a CD in and just playing a game?

I beat Fredrikstad in the derby, wins are hard to come by so I was delighted at that one. We've just made it through to the cup quarter finals which is a big plus, unfortunately this game's overzealous approach to dishing out the injuries has cost me four months of my best striker and two months of my best defender. Speaking of defenders, I need new ones, and quick. Mine are all sh*te.

Injuries are becoming a problem now, 6 of my starting XI are out with injuries for more than 2 weeks. I might even have to change my formation to deal with this injury crisis...

2 of them got injured on international duty, which is f*cking annoying, but when I ask them to retire from internationals to prolong their career they get angry with me, which is even more annoying.

Injuries are becoming a problem now, 6 of my starting XI are out with injuries for more than 2 weeks. I might even have to change my formation to deal with this injury crisis...

2 of them got injured on international duty, which is f*cking annoying, but when I ask them to retire from internationals to prolong their career they get angry with me, which is even more annoying.

Make that 7. FFS.

5, 6 or 7 injuries is hardly unrealistic. Numerous teams in real-life have those kinds of numbers out at the same time on occasions.

I've got 8 out now, I think that is somewhat unrealistic. They're all from the first team as well, not reserves.

Skintsaint, my facilities are alright and training isn't pushing the players too much, so I don't think it's that.

My season has turned into a nightmare.

My players are f*cking shocking. No matter what I do, they can't spot a pass to save their lives, can't finish, can't just clear a f*cking ball out of defence, defend... They're pathetic. Three games to go, eight points clear of relegation, four defeats in a row. 0 - 5, 1 - 4, 1 - 2 and 0 - 1. Just lost against a rival in the last minute when my striker should have scored a one on one. I'm livid.

I'm transfer listing half my squad, they're just pathetic.

sounds like your just not a very good manager cant be all the players fault. maybe you should resign and manage at a even low league.

I've just managed the only part-time club in the top flight, with the smallest budget, lowest attendances and worst players to a top half finish.

I've won the Scots third and second divisions in successive seasons with Berwick Rangers. Excuse me whilst I ignore your suggestions...

Yes anyway, I finished in the top half, somehow, but the second season is a nightmare, no one will sign for me at all, regardless of quality. No one wants to play part time football in the top flight and I can only offer wages of up to £400. Not great when the highest earner gets £10,000.

Might just leave Sarpsborg 08 for something else. They refuse to go full time so I refuse to manage them.

MLG, will there be official stat updates for this game. Chaplow is pretty bad in this game, I think he needs to be better going by this season. If I'm not Saints, Adkins puts him in the reserves and for sale.

I got Aaron Martin for £10k and Sheff Wednesday got Morgan Schneiderlin for £55k! MLG needs the sack. Adkins is **** aswell!

Injuries? What injuries. Oh wait, these ones

screenshot20111109at165.png

I'm Trelleborgs FF manager, but I see it's not just my team suffering. I love managing in Sweden though, thanks for the heads up SuperMikey.

No problem, Sweden is a great country to manage in. Are Trelleborgs in any European competition?

No problem, Sweden is a great country to manage in. Are Trelleborgs in any European competition?

Nope. Tipped to finish 16th out of 16. Record so far, P5 W3 D2, including the derby against Malmo. Loving it.

In real life they were relegated this year and according to Wikipedia, were known for playing unattractive football and were relegated the one season when they decided to play a passing game. Iiinteresting...

Piddling little fanbase, it's actually better for the club economically to play friendlies against big name teams away from home. Normally if I'm managing a club with tiny finances I host a load of big guns at home in pre-season, this time around I'm going away and getting appearance money.

Edited by Crazy Diamond

I got Aaron Martin to join Eastleigh on a season loan, a bit unrealistic surely? Not that I mind, he's my second to top goal scorer! After my even more rediculous striker whose name escapes me but played for Crystal Palace last season and played in 30 matches!

I got Aaron Martin to join Eastleigh on a season loan, a bit unrealistic surely? Not that I mind, he's my second to top goal scorer! After my even more rediculous striker whose name escapes me but played for Crystal Palace last season and played in 30 matches!

Counago?

Meanwhile I'm third in the Swedish prem, was first and then second for a long time. Still got a few games to go, the title isn't out of the question.

Edited by Crazy Diamond

He's on fire at the moment, 9 in 8 games, all good goals too!

Nice. Armann Smari Bjornsson, once of Hartlepool, is very good to play alongside him too. Jamil Adam is a sensation in the lower leagues.

I finished the season third, eight points adrift of the title winners IFK Goteborg. UEFA Cup next season though and I've been given some cash to complete the overhaul of my very mixed squad.

Nigel Adkins was sacked in October, Strachan replaced him, which is absurd. I played against Michael Svensson last season to complete the blast from the past, unmissable due to his orange hair!

Nice. Armann Smari Bjornsson, once of Hartlepool, is very good to play alongside him too. Jamil Adam is a sensation in the lower leagues.

I finished the season third, eight points adrift of the title winners IFK Goteborg. UEFA Cup next season though and I've been given some cash to complete the overhaul of my very mixed squad.

Nigel Adkins was sacked in October, Strachan replaced him, which is absurd. I played against Michael Svensson last season to complete the blast from the past, unmissable due to his orange hair!

Adkins is ****e in my game too, sacked end of October, Shearer came in for him (ridiculous...) sort it out MLG! Edited by Mattio

Just signed Erick Torres from Chivas what a young decent player he is! Pace is excellent and makes a impact when bringing him on, next Javier Hernandez imo. Cost a fair bit £5million but im sure it will pay off eventually, can play out wide aswell. Just wondering if any of you know of any young players which going to come good?

An observation.

NEVER let your assistant manager handle pre-season friendlies. You will not reap the benefits of handling the games yourself, which can be vital at the start of a league campaign.

I decided to experiment and let my assistant handle six games away from home against bigger teams. Trust!

An observation.

NEVER let your assistant manager handle pre-season friendlies. You will not reap the benefits of handling the games yourself, which can be vital at the start of a league campaign.

I decided to experiment and let my assistant handle six games away from home against bigger teams. Trust!

Makes no sense at all

An observation.

What are the benefits? I usually do it in all the other FM's?