Football Manager 2012 - updates thread

Saint_clark

What "hard work"? I haven't had a single problem with it, really makes no difference.

At least give the free demo a try.

Tried Steam a few years ago 2010 edition. Was not impressed.

Will prob not bother with it.

Shame as I have played everyone since the Original game

Edited by Benali Saint
Spelling mistake

Assuming we sign Tadanara Lee, how will you compile his stats if he isn't already in the game?

Will be tricky for the upcoming January Transfer Window update, but will have to compare him with other Japanese strikers already in Europe that he is competing with to play for Japan. Then once I have seen him play this season I be able to give a better view for FM13.

Will be tricky for the upcoming January Transfer Window update, but will have to compare him with other Japanese strikers already in Europe that he is competing with to play for Japan. Then once I have seen him play this season I be able to give a better view for FM13.

There is actually a bloke who recreated the Japanese leagues for FM12, and he's done player stats for every player in the J-league. You can get the add-on from www.fm-base.co.uk.

Looking at Tadanari's attributes, the main ones that he's picked out are Work Rate/Teamwork, Anticipation, Dribbling and Technique. Good Stamina and Agility as well.

You can edit an ini file so it doesn't need steam, fyi.

Got promoted but can only offer people £31k a week, sometime less, even if i make them a key player during negotiations.

Tried altering my budget but all that did was make my overall wage budget increase not my per week amount

Making life difficult......any ideas how to sort it?

Managed to get Eastleigh into League 2 with back to back promotions. New 5,500 seater Eastleigh Stadium on its way but have a stupid 10k a week budget so cannot attract anyone decent. Contract talks with Adam LeFondre and Aaron Martin broke down as i couldnt stretch the extra £100 a week they wanted! Currently 15th in League 2 with 26 games played so hoping i can stay up and then my budget will be increased with the new stadium.

Highlights so far, winning the BSS and BSC, runners up in the FA Trophy and just drawn Man City at home in the 3rd round of the FA Cup! Loving that Nasri and Co are visiting the Silverlake Stadium! Also just turned down the QPR job, they were 19th in the prem and they offered me a 45 million pound budget but my goal is to take Eastleigh all the way to the prem.

Saints are still in the championship, finished 15th, 13th and they are currently 19th. Cant help but think Nigel and the squad are seriously under rated by the game?? Nigel always gets sacked in every game i have played??

Biggest problem is all the ****ing around with it these days. The game looks terrible with the original skin, lack of logos/photos etc. It seems as the use of the internet and editing tools increased, the designers just cared less and less about the on game disc. Well I'm crap at adding all that stuff, so i'm left with a game that looks rubbish.

It isn't SI's fault it doesn't have the licenses for certain leagues. EA paid big money for them on long term deals.

It really isn't difficult to add graphics, the game has been designed so it is easily changeable in appearance and there are step by step guides how to add graphics on the SI forums and lots of user created content to download.

game crashes all the time and its getting ridiculous had this game since release but crashes so much ive only got through a season and a half.

any suggestions?

Some crashes can be specific to certain types of machine - SI can't internally test on every machine ever and I don't think they have a massive number of beta testers. As such, in order to help them to stop crashes from occurring, send a save game just before crashes routinely occur - this helps them a lot in reducing the number of crashes, because personally, I haven't experienced any in my games.

Crashes are machine specific and to be honest i have had no problems with either Steam or FM2012

To expect them to test for every machine type and build is not realistic, i would suggest that maybe there is an issue somewhere with your machine if its constantly crashing when playing.

Thats the nature of PC hardware, its custom, so you can have any number of configurations. Its not like designing a game for XBOX or PS3 where the hardware is constant.

I would try a rebuild of the machine back to bare OS and see if that improves and go forward from there, you could have any number of software or hardware conflicts that are stopping Steam or FM2012 running correctly.

Its frustrating when these things happen but to just blame the software shows a lack of knowledge in this area.

Well, I'm back on the bandwagon! After some serious editing and messing around with the tables to make them more realistic, I've taken over Coventry on the 25th January (began the game then for realism) in attempt to keep them afloat and rebuild them in the Championship.

After a much-needed team meeting which saw Richard Keogh speak out of turn and the whole team react badly (the general mood was 'abysmal'), I was left very concerned with the team morale as we headed into my first game. I released Keogh for his negativity and brought in several new signings, including George Friend (loan), Matt Richie (£500,000), Jonathan Lacourt (free), Lee Johnson (£50,000), Andrea Orlandi (loan), Nick Blackman (loan) and Chris Brown (loan). All of the players brought in possess the attributes we're going to need like teamwork, work rate and decision-making as I slowly mould the side into a tight-knit, solid unit. Next year, I'll create something more expansive, this year I've just got to keep the club up. They'll be a time for luxury players but that time isn't now.

Despite the daunting away trip ahead, we rallied and put in an effective performance at Middlesbrough, culminating in a 1-0 win, with Lacourt bending in a worldy in the final quarter of the match.

However, in my haste, I forgot to register Blackman so I've now got a dud striker just sat there for the entire season doing nothing which could have potentially been another loan signing.

Anyway, I've brought in my own backroom staff (though I've retained Steve Harrison and Steve Ogrizovic) and I'm slow implementing my training, based around the core ethos of the team.

That said, any good work could eventually become undone as the club is £24m in debt and teetering on the brink. Fingers crossed...

covqg.jpg

Nice story Crabs - will be interesting to see if you keep them up....

I took over @ Bradford as I got irritated by seeing them languish in L2.

Got them to the championship in 2 seasons, we then finished mid-table and when I asked for an improved contract they said ''No - your performances of late have not been good enough" - so I walked and picked up the vacant villa job.

ungrateful buggers!

Nice story Crabs - will be interesting to see if you keep them up....

I took over @ Bradford as I got irritated by seeing them languish in L2.

Got them to the championship in 2 seasons, we then finished mid-table and when I asked for an improved contract they said ''No - your performances of late have not been good enough" - so I walked and picked up the vacant villa job.

ungrateful buggers!

Thanks S-Clarke :)

I've always found the Bradford job an attractive one, likewise the challenge. I've fond memories of Saints' visits there, as well the slightly romantic notion that they're a big club not punching their weight in the bottom division that needs 'help'. It'll be interesting to see how far you can take Villa :)

Meanwhile, we lost the following home game to Blackpool two nil, a game in which we were completely outplayed. In other news, I managed to finally register Nick Blackman, whilst also bringing in Daniel Jensen (free) and Danny Batth (loan) - all signed on short-term contracts til the end of the season. Outgoing, Carl Baker and Roy O'Donovan who were surplus to requirements.

During an extended break because of the FA Cup I decided to work on a new formation and tactics. It's probably a risk as I've now decided to ditch my resolute, solid tactic for a new tica-taca style, reason being I want to start phasing in my own style in preparation for next season.

In a relegation battle, it doesn't seem a masterstroke at all. It'll either work out OK - or end in disaster. A dour 0-0 draw at Watford would suggest there is still plenty more time required for the team to familiarise itself with it - something that we don't have as the teams around us have since opened up a 7 point gap.

Well, it's all fallen apart. A 3-3 draw with West Ham (when we were leading 3-1 with 10 minutes to go) and a season-ending injury to Jonathan Lacourt has seen the Sky Blues form rapidly deteriorate. The draw with West Ham was followed up with a good point at Leeds, a 1-0 win at home to Peterborough followed by reversals against Millwall away (2-0), Leicester home (1-2) and Reading (0-2).

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, an injury-time Ashley Barnes goal saw Brighton sneak a 1-1 draw at the Ricoh. Travelling to Cardiff was never going to be easy but having held out until the 70th minute, two quickfire goals from Miller and Conway saw us fall to the bottom of table again - a full 6 points from safety with just six games to go.

The one remaining positive is that we play teams around us over the next few games - though they are away fixtures to Doncaster and Cotterill's misfiring Forest side. Home games versus Derby, Barnsley and Burnley could decide our fate. I'm now preparing two lists of targets now, one for the Championship and one for League One.

cov2w.jpg

In other news, Portsmouth have been taken over by Emil Nakov, a Bulgarian "businessman". The rumour is Appleton is on borrowed time as he looks to install Stuart Gray as permanent boss. Lol.

Going, going... Gone.

A nil-nil draw with Derby, 2-1 defeat to Brum and a 2-3 reverse against Burnley has sealed our fate. And, what with it being sods law, Jonathan Lacourt resumed training just a day after relegation.

It's time to blood the youngsters with many promoted to the senior squad now the pressure is off. Whilst some have been drafted in, a succession of unrequired players have been booted out now as I didn't want to waste any time. Eastwood, Hreidarsson, Elissalde, Jensen and Platt have been given free transfers - as has the ridiculously name Cyrus Christie, who refused to negotiate a new contract.

Players I want to move on but with a re-sale value have been retained, placed in the reserves and their names circulated amongst the leagues.

It's a sad time at Coventry.

Not good Crabs, but to be honest the club is a pretty lost cause anyway. Will be fun to rebuild them in L1 i guess....always a chacne to regroup.

I had a similar situation on FM11 a while back, I took over Derby in the hope of getting them to stay up...but we didn't manage it. I then took the close season as an opportunity to raise as much capital as I could by selling alot of the squad, I reinvisted back in with the little I had and built a fairly nice side - we got up via the playoffs that year, then the following year we lost in the playoffs in the championship! So it was a nice achievement.

On my current game I gave up with Villa, they offered me no money in my first full season and I could do much more with them without investing - and I didn't want to have to sell first.

I'm starting a new game now, got to decide what club!

So, I'm in League One and I've moved out more of my players who were unhappy, including Joe Murphy (£200,000 Barnsley), David Bell (£350,000 Skates), Chris Hussey (free, Burton), Gary Deegan (£100,000, Reading), Richard Wood (£250,000 Crystal Palace) - as well as several free transfers due to the fact many players were unwilling to negotiate new contracts. It's goodbye to Chris Dunn, Martin Cranie, Lee Johnson, Josh Ruffels, Jonson Clarke-Harris, Will Roberts, Jordan Willis, Lewis Gardener and Courtney Richards, as well as Sammy Clingan and Cody McDonald, who were on too much money.

Despite this, I've been severely hamstrung by the initial wage budget. I've been given a measly £37k per week and I'm already touching that amount despite the exodus. I held a trial day which allowed me to sign 6 younger players released by the clubs and have spent £65,000 on Argentinian forward Mariano Tripodi and that's my lot. I'm stuck. So stuck, I can't even afford free transfers.

The board have practically swallowed up the huge profit they made and the £2.18m received recently and are asking me to magic a turd into a diamond. I've asked for more money, they've said no. Very frustrated.

Good luck with your new game... howabout reviving Darlington?

Feel your pain Crab Lungs, i have got Eastleigh into League 1 now with 3 successive promotions. However i have a weekly wage budget of 15k! I can basically only afford 15 players on 1k a week.

Im currently 22nd after 5 games with 1 point! Its going to be a long season which i think will end in relegation. Maybe next season with the 10,000 seater Eastleigh Stadium finished i can bounce back into league 1 and get a bigger budget. I was thinking about a Darlington game, huge stadium so a lot of potential!

Oh man, that's ****... £15,000? I mean, with all the money from the promotions and they've swallowed it all up? That's ridiculous. I'm assuming you've asked for more money and they've given you the classic "operating at a sustainable level" line? I mean, you're not asking to do a Pompey but a little more help wouldn't go amiss, would it? FWIW, it'd be good if you could stick with it, especially if you've a new stadium on the way :)

Well, I walked in to Gamba and immediately upset all the players at a team meeting. However, wow - we've been playing some cracking football with little result. We managed to dominate one game so much so that we had 79% of the possession and 21 shot to their 3; Needless to say, we conceded with ten minutes to go. After that, it's been pretty nip 'n' tuck. A 0-0 in my first game, a 0-1 in my second, followed by a 0-0 at the team top of the league, F Marinos.

Thankfully though, the screw has started to turn but not without sacrifice. We're still in the hunt in four competitions (three of them in Cup competitions including the Asian Champions League semi's) but the squad is getting thinner by the day. It's almost as if the game cannot bring itself to accept that we're doing well so it's deliberately injured my four best players and sent off my captain.

Since my first three games in charge there has almost been no stopping us; Despite a 1-0 loss (in the last minute, no-less!) to bottom Montedio, we've made the Nabisco Semi final's, Emperor's Cup Quarters and are unbeaten in the league, despite the injuries. In fact, my results in the league since the defeat to Montedio read P8 W5 D3 F12 A4. We've gone from 12th to 7th and we're now within touching distance of third place. I've made a little outlay on some Brazilian signings but they've been poor and dropped back to the reserves. Instead, I've brought in a few free transfers and concentrated on improving the bright, young 18-22 year-old's who are now flourishing and Philani Khwela, an exciting winger who has really stepped since he's got his chance. Likewise Takashi Usami - another winger with an eye for goal. Together, since they've broken into the side, they've been immovable.

I'm still trying to persuade club-stalwart and Japan captain Yasuhito Endo to stay, but he's angling for a move to a bigger club and is out-of-contract at the end of the season. He's 32 so I guess he deserves his chance to play abroad so I'll probably have to let him go.

Things have been going so well that we've even been selling out our ground in recent fixtures. The attendances have jumped from 12,000 to 22,000 in a matter of months... It must be the tica-taca.

Osaka's been a great move since the Coventry debacle... will I come back to England though? One day, but after I've nailed Japan I might try Italy or Spain!

Edited by Crab Lungs

Oh man, that's ****... £15,000? I mean, with all the money from the promotions and they've swallowed it all up? That's ridiculous. I'm assuming you've asked for more money and they've given you the classic "operating at a sustainable level" line? I mean, you're not asking to do a Pompey but a little more help wouldn't go amiss, would it? FWIW, it'd be good if you could stick with it, especially if you've a new stadium on the way :)

Well, I walked in to Gamba and immediately upset all the players at a team meeting. However, wow - we've been playing some cracking football with little result. We managed to dominate one game so much so that we had 79% of the possession and 21 shot to their 3; Needless to say, we conceded with ten minutes to go. After that, it's been pretty nip 'n' tuck. A 0-0 in my first game, a 0-1 in my second, followed by a 0-0 at the team top of the league, F Marinos.

Thankfully though, the screw has started to turn but not without sacrifice. We're still in the hunt in four competitions (three of them in Cup competitions including the Asian Champions League semi's) but the squad is getting thinner by the day. It's almost as if the game cannot bring itself to accept that we're doing well so it's deliberately injured my four best players and sent off my captain.

Since my first three games in charge there has almost been no stopping us; Despite a 1-0 loss (in the last minute, no-less!) to bottom Montedio, we've made the Nabisco Semi final's, Emperor's Cup Quarters and are unbeaten in the league, despite the injuries. In fact, my results in the league since the defeat to Montedio read P8 W5 D3 F12 A4. We've gone from 12th to 7th and we're now within touching distance of third place. I've made a little outlay on some Brazilian signings but they've been poor and dropped back to the reserves. Instead, I've brought in a few free transfers and concentrated on improving the bright, young 18-22 year-old's who are now flourishing and Philani Khwela, an exciting winger who has really stepped since he's got his chance. Likewise Takashi Usami - another winger with an eye for goal. Together, since they've broken into the side, they've been immovable.

I'm still trying to persuade club-stalwart and Japan captain Yasuhito Endo to stay, but he's angling for a move to a bigger club and is out-of-contract at the end of the season. He's 32 so I guess he deserves his chance to play abroad so I'll probably have to let him go.

Things have been going so well that we've even been selling out our ground in recent fixtures. The attendances have jumped from 12,000 to 22,000 in a matter of months... It must be the tica-taca.

Osaka's been a great move since the Coventry debacle... will I come back to England though? One day, but after I've nailed Japan I might try Italy or Spain!

10 games into the season and 10 defeats! So i went to the board and asked for more money. They said no, so i threatened to quit and i now have a mighty 19.5k a week.

Sold my entire midfield and signed 4 new players, inlcuding Ross wallace who has turned my team around. Now played 18 games and I have 12 points, only 5 points behind the team above the relegation zone.

Also in the FA Cup 3rd round and JPT Semi Finals, so hopefully i can stay up. Im going to stick with it as even if i get relegated as the new stadium should give me enough to get promotion again and then stay up. Im just hoping i can stay up really, if i can make it to January and only be 5 points behind im sure i can move on some players and bring in some quality

One thing i have noticed is a lot of quality players stay without clubs after being released, even in January. Rickie Lambert is avalible on a free as he was dumped by southampton and has been without a club now for 5 months! Might make a cheeky bid for him!

So, I finished the season unbeaten, finishing 3rd (though by beating 1st placed F Marinos I let in my arch rivals, Cerezo Osaka, in to nip the title. Better still, I cleaned up the Asian Champions League, Nabisco and Emperors Cup.

It was the off-season, and I was frustrated. Clicking 'continue' and waiting for the players return became a monotonous. The PSV job was advertised. I applied. I was appointed. I'm yet to play my first league game, though I've already won 6-0 at home in the Cup at 1-2 at Ajax (also in the Cup).

I've brought with my Usami, Khwela and Otsuka with me from Gamba, as well as Virgil van Dijk and Jack Tuyp - the latter from the Jupiler League. We're 5th, ten points behind the leaders Heerenveen so we've got our work cut out but we're going to go for the title. We've no other distractions apart from the Cup as the previous incumbent somehow contrived to get PSV knocked out by Shamrock Rovers. :o

Disappointingly, we've got no good youth players at all. Looks like I'll have to rebuild that too.

Just finished my first season with Eastleigh, won the league (over 20 points ahead) and won the FA Trophy! Now my board are building a £3M stadium :)

Good work, wait until you get to league 1, tiny tiny budget of 18k a week! I started the season wiuth 10 straight defeats but i have turned it round and managed to stay up by 3 points! New stadium is on its way so hopefully my budget will improve so i can attack the playoffs next year.

Who did you sign in your first season??

I got promoted at my first season with Saints. Now I'm stuck 12 points adrift at the foot of the Premiership with only 15 games to go. Any handy hints to pull of a great escape?

(Bare in mind I bought this game a couple of weeks ago and is the first time I've played FM for many years!)

Good work, wait until you get to league 1, tiny tiny budget of 18k a week! I started the season wiuth 10 straight defeats but i have turned it round and managed to stay up by 3 points! New stadium is on its way so hopefully my budget will improve so i can attack the playoffs next year.

Who did you sign in your first season??

Wow! I'll be happy with midtable in the Conference this season! For some reason Saints players didn't mind coming on loan to me so I ended up with most of their reserves at one point or another (Including Barnard, Martin, Forte, Butterfield and Ben Reeves!) I also got rid of as much of the PT players as I could bought in a new goalkeeper beginning with B from Australia (can't remember his name right now) and also managed to get Quinton Fortune (who ended up being pretty lazy after the first few months so didn't get a new contract) and Pablo Couñago who scored around 50 goals in 55 games, amazing!