Football Manager 2012 - updates thread

Saint_clark

To the guy managing in Moldova; any good players to recommend? Just taken over Sheriff Tiraspol...

I'll have a look a bit later, but if IIRC, you should be receiving loads of offers from South American agents by now, assuming you've started!

Decided that to really get into a game I'm going to want to really "feel" the club I'm playing for and the area it's in. In this instance, I'm going all nostalgic and taking over Kerkyra in Greece; Better known to us Anglophiles as Corfu. Tiddly club, tiddly stadium, tiddly budget, tiddly squad, big ambitions. Why? Because I holidayed there several times as a child and once as an adult and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. OK, so here goes...

I was just thinking...

Howabout a little challenge? Take over a considerably small club in one of Europe's leagues, give yourself a £5m transfer kitty but only £100,000 bank balance and spend as little or as much as you want. The only drawback is, the more you spend, the more pressure you've got to "win" something and secure the prize money - all of which helps if you don't want Mr Andronikou knocking on your door on behalf of the creditors.

I'm calling it the "Pompey Challenge". Anyone in on it?

FWIW, I think I'm going to take Kerkyra this way. I'm going spunk the lot and see if I can keep up with the big boys in the Greek Superleague. Basically, I'm going to have to qualify for your Europe this year if I want to stay solvent :o

Sounds good to me! Is there a way to find out how much prize/ tv/ etc money you get for each league? Would the reputation be set to a certain level or just what it was? I guess another cool challenge could be being able to vary the reputation and transfer budget either high rep or high budget.

Edited by Mattio

Just a note to say

NEXT YEAR DON'T BOTHER WITH STEAM

Or I will be playing it without paying

It is seriously effecting my enjoyment, everything you do you have to do through steam, the other day my internet was off, Steam was in offline mode but wanted to get online to validate itself.

Jesus wept.

Howabout a little challenge? Take over a considerably small club in one of Europe's leagues, give yourself a £5m transfer kitty but only £100,000 bank balance and spend as little or as much as you want. The only drawback is, the more you spend, the more pressure you've got to "win" something and secure the prize money - all of which helps if you don't want Mr Andronikou knocking on your door on behalf of the creditors.

I'm calling it the "Pompey Challenge". Anyone in on it?

Ha. Geeeenius.

I'll stick with Gothenborg though, I still have a stupid ambition to win the Champions League despite watching my team struggle to beat sides like Halmstads BK (featuring Michael Svensson as player/assistant manager) and Jonkoping Sodra.

Currently sitting in 7th place in the PL with 10 games to go. Is anyone else finding that the amount of goals getting scored is a bit absurd? I regularly have games that finish 4 or 5-3, last season had a 6-4 win against Ipswich, and have just beaten Preston 6-3 in the FA Cup. Oh and not to mention a PL game against Fulham I've just had - finished 9-3!

Starting to get a bit sick of it to be totally honest.

Just finished my first season, top of the Championship 116 points, 35 wins, 11 draws, 0 defeats. Won the League Cup, beating Man U 2-0 in the final.

Just been offered the job of Great Britain manager at the Olympics, going to be interesting :D

I'm using a tactic with a track record of great success regardless of player quality or team quality, but my strikers are missing the easiest of chances. Six clear cut chances and no goals? It's SO f*cking annoying. Anyone got any suggestions as to how to get these ****s to score?

What's the tactic?

Achieved my main ambition of the season, IFK Gothenborg are in the Champions League group stages!

We beat the Albanian champions 10 - 1 on aggregate, then Partizan Belgrade and overcame a two goal deficit to dispatch HJK. Our group is comprised of European champions PSG, Werder Bremen and Shakhtar Donetsk. No trip back to England yet!

In the league we've got three games in hand and are two points clear, but we lost to lower league opposition (managed by Henrik Larsson) in the Cup.

Anyway, here we go, Gothenborg vs the champions of Europe!

The Champions League adventure was rather short and painful.

IFK Goteborg 2 - 5 Paris Saint Germain (although we took the lead!)

Werder Bremen 2 - 2 IFK Goteborg (we came back from two down!)

Shakhtar Donetsk 5 - 2 IFK Goteborg

Paris Saint Germain 3 - 0 IFK Goteborg

IFK Goteborg 2 - 5 Shakhtar Donetsk

IFK Goteborg 0 - 3 Werder Bremen

So all in all we didn't do that well, but given no one gave us a chance in the third qualifying round, I'm not too displeased. Finishing third place in the group will be the aim next year, again provided we get that far. There might be a favourable rearrangement of the European qualifying places which would be nice.

The money was also nice - it's been put to good use with new youth facilities and I can now offer players £7,500 a week as opposed to £2,5000 a week! Only one or few mind, the wage budget is £80k.

We retained the league title which was nice, next year more of the same hopefully. It's all been achieved using the 'Minimal FuSS' tactic I linked to above, it's very good and the creator, FuSS, is always tweaking it. Version 0.4 will be released soon, definitely worth a look, but make sure you have the players necessary for it. Physical stats probably count for more than other attributes, you need fast and strong players.

currently managing Saints from game start and now in 20/21 season.

Won Champs League once, Europa League once, FA Cup 3 times, Carling Cup once. Lallana still going strong at 32 - 40 England caps also.

SMS now has 54k capacity and sells out frequently.

Noice.

To keep the good news coming, here's the nPower League Two table in 2016.

screenshot20111208at021.png

Wow, nice one man! Looks like Man City are going to walk that group though.

Your GK looks like a bit of a woofter as well.

Oh on the contrary, we qualified first! They had to beat us to get through. We're now in the quarter finals which is unreal.

As for Dias, he's a legend. A regen but I've been messing around with face packs and I thought I'd try and match the computer generated face to a real one..

Oh good another chance for Steam to crash and generally be sh*t.

Nail. Head. On.

It's ****ed everything up for me. It can't decide if it's updating itself or not. Stupid ****ing ****ty thing.

IFK Gothenburg are European champions at least, beat Real Madrid (who were 1/2 favourites) in the final. My Finnish, Icelandic and Swedish regens beat the likes of Ronaldo and Neymar.

and now it seems to have deleted FM12 from my laptop. unbelievable. I'm seconds away from never playing this game ever again. Absolutely useless

Same situation as me mate. By the sound of it you need to just delete the lot, including Steam, and start over. Whenever there's an update I have to do exactly that because Steam is so ****ing useless.

You might not have lost your saved games though, on the bright side.

Same situation as me mate. By the sound of it you need to just delete the lot, including Steam, and start over. Whenever there's an update I have to do exactly that because Steam is so ****ing useless.

You might not have lost your saved games though, on the bright side.

I only bought the game a week ago so I'm only in August and have a monster deal lined up for a loan transfer so I would be disappointed if we do lose games. I'll try it again tomorrow but if not, I'll try that.

Have you done what you said?

I only bought the game a week ago so I'm only in August and have a monster deal lined up for a loan transfer so I would be disappointed if we do lose games. I'll try it again tomorrow but if not, I'll try that.

Have you done what you said?

Didn't have a choice!

Removed Steam completely, no traces left, reinstalled then had to leave the game to download overnight.

The latest update is utter gash. I thought it was my laptop and some of the add ons i had downloaded making the game glitch but it seems many others are having the same problem. If I try and start up a game now you cannot hold a team meeting and what's worse is that whenever you enter a match situation and have the team talk options, no matter how you say the insturctions, whether negative or positive etc, 80% of the players gauge an awful reaction; says they have switched off, look stressed, in danger of losing discipline. I just completely uninstalled and re installed it losing all progress and downloaded add ons to see if it was some dodgy add ons affecting the game but open it up again and it's exactly the same. Complete bull****. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-discussion/89110-team-talks-dont-work-since-update.html

The latest update is utter gash. I thought it was my laptop and some of the add ons i had downloaded making the game glitch but it seems many others are having the same problem. If I try and start up a game now you cannot hold a team meeting and what's worse is that whenever you enter a match situation and have the team talk options, no matter how you say the insturctions, whether negative or positive etc, 80% of the players gauge an awful reaction; says they have switched off, look stressed, in danger of losing discipline. I just completely uninstalled and re installed it losing all progress and downloaded add ons to see if it was some dodgy add ons affecting the game but open it up again and it's exactly the same. Complete bull****. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-discussion/89110-team-talks-dont-work-since-update.html

oh no, players reactions to teamtalks aren't linear... the game is slightly harder - such bull****, not realistic at all, eh?

got the game for christmas, played FM or Champ Man in its previous form for years, what is this steam ****e all about. Put the disc in expecting quick load...4 and a half hours trying to load via steam, WTF !!!!!

Yep. You'll have to get used to it I'm afraid. Sadly the numbers of legal sales of the game are high and so they've no intention of dropping Steam as long as that remains the case.