Football Manager 2012 - updates thread

Saint_clark

Update is going live today.

To celebrate the update, from 6pm GMT for 48 hours, you can buy FM12 from Steam for just £7.99.

If you own FM12, from 6pm GMT for 48 hours, you can "gift" it to a friend via Steam for just £4.99.

They are also reducing the price of FMHi on the app store to £2.99 until Friday 9th at 6pm GMT time too.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Update has fixed chap low, made martin a bit better (still not amazing sadly), put lee in game (who despite his stats has been class), changed both the keepers to sweeper keepers, couple of the u18's look slightly more promising, jos now is rated as leading star in the champ which is nice and saints have plenty more money!

Best of all though Tommy Forecast has been nuked so badly it's almost funny... (coaches think maybe bsp, at a push)

Update has fixed chap low, made martin a bit better (still not amazing sadly), put lee in game (who despite his stats has been class), changed both the keepers to sweeper keepers, couple of the u18's look slightly more promising, jos now is rated as leading star in the champ which is nice and saints have plenty more money!

Best of all though Tommy Forecast has been nuked so badly it's almost funny... (coaches think maybe bsp, at a push)

- 22 players have been improved, only 6 decreased.

- Tadanari Lee has a very high CA/PA for a Championship player.

- Aaron Martin has been improved by 20 CA points.

Edited by Matthew Le God

- 22 players have been improved, only 6 decreased.

- Tadanari Lee has a very high CA/PA for a Championship player.

- Aaron Martin has been improved by 20 CA points.

Ah nice one! I was running from my initial impressions from 15 league games and have been trying to work out quite whats changed.

Lee has been quality on it! More or less reflects my impressions of him in real life (amazing competition for Lambert and Sharp)

I am guessing Martin will get better with games

Couldn't even play the game despite all SI's suggestions so I've removed the game and all its traces from my system, won't be buying FM13 as it's a massive waste of money. If I buy a game I expect to be able to play it when I want, not when some pile of **** third party software tells me.

I can see why you'd leave Reunion for Eastleigh to be honest. It's a tough one though...

Volcanreunion.jpg

Lava spewing island or Eastleigh. I'm not sure.

I meant to reply to this ages ago, but thanks for this contribution.

One of the things I love about Football Manager is how most of the game takes place in your head. All my Reunionese players now have an exciting back-story where they fled on boats from the lava-laden Reunion to the relative safety of Eastleigh.

Sadly, my dealings in Reunionese players have brought Eastleigh to the brink of financial oblivion. I got them into League 2, but have no squad and am shedloads ( £300K ) in debt. All the newspapers are speculating on which of my players will have to be sold first.

Has anyone else ever taken a club into administration? I feel like the Harry Redknapp of the lower leagues!

I meant to reply to this ages ago, but thanks for this contribution.

One of the things I love about Football Manager is how most of the game takes place in your head. All my Reunionese players now have an exciting back-story where they fled on boats from the lava-laden Reunion to the relative safety of Eastleigh.

Sadly, my dealings in Reunionese players have brought Eastleigh to the brink of financial oblivion. I got them into League 2, but have no squad and am shedloads ( £300K ) in debt. All the newspapers are speculating on which of my players will have to be sold first.

Has anyone else ever taken a club into administration? I feel like the Harry Redknapp of the lower leagues!

Took AFC Wimbledon into administration by signing 23 players in one season, getting rid of all but one of the original squad. Ten points deducted, still won the league comfortably. It was a bit of a shock and I knew it was all my fault!

This is for TDD, our resident Football Manager failure.

Download this tactic. Alas, I did not create it myself, but I am doing remarkably well with Saints on the latest patch. Won promotion by a mile in the first season AND the League Cup. Finished 6th in the Prem the next year, won both domestic cups.

Ok, I started a new game with Saints (another one) after the new patch came out. Halfway through the season and we're sitting comfortably at the top of the table, 4pts clear of Middlesbrough (who we beat 3-0 a few weeks ago).

My team follows thus:

GK: Jung Sung-Ryong (£1m - Suwon)

RB: Danny Simpson (£2.3m - Newcastle)

LB: Manuel Pamic (£1.5m - Sparta Prague)

CB: Jose Fonte

CB: Craig Dawson (£1.2m - West Brom)

RM: James Forrest (£3.2m - Celtic)

LM: Adam Lallana

CM: Jack Cork

CM: Adam Vass (£650k - Brescia)

ST: Billy Sharp

ST: Jan Chramosta (£5.5m - Mlada Bolelslav)

Chramosta is well worth the money, bangs in the goals if you give him the ball to feet. Just breezes past defenders! I've never been able to get Rickie scoring on any edition of FM - is there something wrong with me?

I'm half way through season 4. sat 2nd in the league and 2nd in me champions league group with a game to go.

play 442

robsinson

onuaha

fonte

kolo toure

fabio

lallana

noble

schneiderlin

ashley young

eto'o

macheda

subs

hennessey

huth

kedhira

tiote

brian ruiz

agbonlahor

corluka

macheda is on loan for a 2nd season in a row...last season he scored 42 goals in all competitions,

toure and eto'o were on a free for 1 season both 33 and both with brilliant stats

Decided to start a new game and start off unemployed and work my way up.

Still unemployed at the start of October, but applied for jobs at Boston united and Droylsden, with the latter offering me my first job. We were currently sitting bottom of the league, 13 points adrift of safety without a win all season. After 6 games (5 defeats and a 3-3 draw with Blyth Spartans where I was 3-1 up with 4 minutes to go) I got sacked.

In February I applied for, and got, the hardest job in British football; Darlington.

23rd in BSP, 7 points from safety, in administration and a transfer embargo was what I walked into. Lost the first game 4-0 to Mansfield and then 7-1 to Ebbsfleet. I fined most of the team who then had a strop and refused to pay for me. Some were let go on free transfers by the board, and I was left with only 13 "real" players.

Somehow managed to win 4 out of last 5 games (including beating Stockport 3-1 on last day away to stay up by 1 goal over Southport)

However, I was soon sacked by the administrators and have just been appointed Mansfield manager. Already signed Chambers, Sinclair and Ward-Prowse on free transfers after they got released from Saints! Mad I know

I managed to land the 1860 Munchen job from unemployed, no playing history, in about november of the first season. Was made up - now taken them from the relegation zone of the second division to Champions League, and we are currently challenging for the title.

Right and Left back are the hardest positions to buy quality players in for a reasonable price. Just have a look and see who's in your realistic targets.

Goalkeeper is a different matter - I would go for Jason Steele from Boro. I think he's available for about £2.5m.

Currently playing as Eastleigh, managed to get promoted to the championship (4 straight promotions) and the stadium is being increased by 3000 which will apparently take 9 months, in the mean time ive been relocated to Jubilee Park, which after some googling i found out is home to Waterlooville Cricket club :?

Still playing a game on 2010, so decided not to buy 2012 - being a cheapskate. Went to the Nordoff Robbins charity event last night (sponsored by SI) and was GIVEN a copy of 2012! Which, in my drunken state, I left on the train from Waterloo at about 2:30 this morning. k n o b

Currently playing as Eastleigh, managed to get promoted to the championship (4 straight promotions) and the stadium is being increased by 3000 which will apparently take 9 months, in the mean time ive been relocated to Jubilee Park, which after some googling i found out is home to Waterlooville Cricket club :?

Jesus christ :lol: Imagine trying to get tickets in the away "end" of that dump.

Edited by Saint_clark

• 2 weeks later...

New challenge. The 2011-12 season has just ended and after Alex McLeish's appointment failed to save QPR, I take over at Loftus Road and am told "Here's £8m, challenge for the title". Challenge accepted.

I've gutted the squad, selling or releasing 16 players, including Joey Barton, Sean Wright-Phillips and Nedum Onuoha to Saints who won the Championship. All three were on £40,000 a week plus and were injury prone.

For the assault on the Championship I've got Bothroyd, Zamora and Campbell up front, plus I've purchased some very promising youngsters plus some established Championship names including Glenn Whelan and Ryan Shotton. A mix of youth and experience will be the key, and amazingly, I've spent £10 million in the second tier and am still £500k up having got good money in sales plus £110k free in the wage budget.

Highly recommended youngsters: Jake Bidwell, Curtis Nelson, Jordan Copp, Ash Taylor and Conor Coady are all good British players. Marco Vettarri and Guido Pizarro are two fantastic midfielders available for less than £2m each.

First match in pre-season, a 4 - 1 win over Everton.