Football Manager 2012 - updates thread

Saint_clark

I'm starting to get really P1ssed off with FM12 now, my team just won't put the ball in the net, has anyone else had this problem and if so, how do you fix it!

Here's an image to show what I mean...

Screen_shot_2012_05_02_at_18_51_33.png

The game ended 0-0 after 100% control over the whole game with most of the possession in their third.

Most of those shots were point blank headers that were put wide or over.

No such problems here. On course to break the second tier record of 122 goals in a season...

screenshot20120503at153.png

Selected results:

Queens Park Rangers 7 - 1 Blackpool

Queens Park Rangers 6 - 2 Leeds United

West Ham 2 - 6 Queens Park Rangers

Queens Park Rangers 5 - 2 Ipswich

Sheffield United 0 - 5 Queens Park Rangers

Burnley 1 - 5 Queens Park Rangers

Leeds United 0 - 6 Queens Park Rangers

Queens Park Rangers 6 - 1 Hull

I wish it would tell you when players come back from suspension. My star CB was missing for one game but missed 2 because I clicked "submit team" a split second before I noticed he was available again - and I then lost 3-0, two of them the fault of the stand-in.

What would be good is if you could give your assistant manager names of players to sell or loan and he gets on with it for you

Smirking Saint has a good idea there

I've always liked that as a feature idea, although it wouldn't be the assistant manager, for Saints it would likely be either Les Reed or Nicola Cortese.

Not sure about selling (unless you could set a minimum asking price and not just a valuation) but loaning would work well, I hate having to go through my entire reserves squad trying to loan all my youngsters out for players every single transfer window.

I've always liked that as a feature idea, although it wouldn't be the assistant manager, for Saints it would likely be either Les Reed or Nicola Cortese.

Well, either way it would be incredibly helpful, perhaps you could appoint someone, also bringing DOF into clubs would be interesting

Exactly Clarky

First game of the season, away at Old Trafford. We took the lead THREE TIMES but ended up drawing due to Fergie time. Not bad I suppose, it's not every day Jay Bothroyd scores twice at one of the big four plus I had two key players out injured after they picked up knocks on international duty.

screenshot20120509at003.png

Finally converted over. Although the now infamous steam issues are preventing me from playing at the moment.

First season, Championship and League Cup winners (narrow victory over Liverpool in the semi final set up a final v Wolves)

Signed no-one in the first season, the squad did me proud. Now, with Europa League football next season and a good amount of money to spend I have signed up:

Adam Johnson

Hatem Ben Arfa

Niko Kranjcar (Yes, yes I know.....)

Jordan Spence

Nathaniel Clyne

Mark O'Brien (Derby, young CB)

Mark Schwarzer and

Vito Mannone

After 6 games I am comfortably in the top ten and looking forward to an away day at the San Siro in the Europa group stages.

Tadanari Lee has been fantastic.

Still in my 1st season with Saints in a new game, and I just beat Man City (who are 11 points clear at the top of the premiership) 4-2 away from home in the FA cup!

Edited by Mattio

Do you think I should change Cortese's nationality to Italian? At the moment I have him as Swiss, with Italian as 2nd nationality as I like there being a Swiss flag on the staff profile screen.

In other words, you came over all unprofessional for the sake of personal preference? :p

Change it. ;)

Edited by Colinjb

Do you think I should change Cortese's nationality to Italian? At the moment I have him as Swiss, with Italian as 2nd nationality as I like there being a Swiss flag on the staff profile screen.

yeah I would.

also, will you be updating anything for the update...sugar daddy/training ground..?

how much better will lambert and lallana get now they were 1st and 3rd in the players of the season

also, SURELY, going off Norwich/swansea and what we are likey to spend...out starting transfer budget should be around £20m..?

Finally got around to carrying on my Eastleigh game...

Despite having the smallest wage budget in the league, I managed to keep Eastleigh up in the Blue Square Prem twice, but the repayments on the massive 5k stadium the chairman drunkenly built after we won the playoffs in my first season in charge finally did for me in the third season, with the club falling into administration, and the 10 point deduction killing the players' morale as they fell to the bottom of the league. My star striker getting a hamstring injury and being out for 3 months just after this happened didn't help either.

I've been sacked!

yeah I would.

also, will you be updating anything for the update...sugar daddy/training ground..?

how much better will lambert and lallana get now they were 1st and 3rd in the players of the season

also, SURELY, going off Norwich/swansea and what we are likey to spend...out starting transfer budget should be around £20m..?

Training ground improvements are already in FM12 and will continue into FM13.

Sugar daddy status still to be decided, but given the turning of debt into equity it may return. I'm not sure how sugar daddies will work in FM13 given the FFP rules.

Lambert and Lallana are getting big boosts, as are most of the Saints squad.

Any idea if they're going to improve media interaction in FM13? The stuff they come out with is really repetitive and stupid sometimes for example the team I'm playing are in 18th with 10 games to go and the manager just announced that they're going to get promoted this season... What?!

Managed to get Basingstoke into League 1, with back to back to back promotions! Jump up to League 1 though is crazy, only have a wage budget of 24k a week so really struggling to get players! Think i will be lucky to stay up this season!

Had a bit of a mare recently. Upgraded my MacBook to Lion 10.7 only to find Steam is incompatible with it. For some reason I couldn't update to the latest OS, 10.7.4, so I had to roll back to Snow Leopard. It took up valuable game time!

Finished seventh with QPR in the top flight, am looking to spend my entire £28 million transfer budget on a decent defence. Robert Acquafresca, who I signed on a free transfer, ended the season as the highest goalscorer in Europe with 36 goals in a fewer number of appearances. Torres was second with 33. Highlights included a 4 - 1 victory at White Hart Lane, a 3 - 2 win at Old Trafford and a 1 - 0 victory over Arsenal. If you've got money to spend, Kara at PSV Eindhoven is a very sturdy defender. The Stevenage trio of Bostwick, Laird and Wilson are three solid signings for any Championship/bottom half of the table Premier League side.

Farkin 'ell, I've just got Charlie Adam on loan for 30k a week.

Bostwick was quality for me in my CCC and league 1 days with Crawley, for three seasons he scored about 15 goals from CB, brilliant.

I was very tempted to buy him for Saints, but went for Craig Dawson instead, Hooiveld is nowhere near good enough in it, and T. Lee is insanely good, hes scored 21 in 21 so far!

I was very tempted to buy him for Saints, but went for Craig Dawson instead, Hooiveld is nowhere near good enough in it, and T. Lee is insanely good, hes scored 21 in 21 so far!

I'm interested in Dawson who had a loan spell at Saints on my game - trouble is he's going for £7.5m and I can get Kyle Bartley for £1.4m, and he's bloody good.

I seem to do absolute toss with every side over a full season. In fact I usually get sacked. I thought 9th in the prem was good for saints, but I was sacked after a bad run. Was 4th at one stage so I can't be that bad. But at big clubs I always get sacked (other than Barca where it's easy). Smaller clubs I have some success but usually end up getting sacked.

Rangers starting on -10, I finished 2nd by 1 point, so effectively won the league by 9 points, but got sacked 5 games into the next season without a win and out of europe. Improved the squad, all looked good, and opened with a 0-4 loss to st mirren!!

Must be a training or tactics thing as I always assemble good squads and massively underperform. Training always seems fine. Can't much be bothered with it now as know how each game ends!

Give this tactic a go. It's got me to third in the Premier League with QPR.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/96393-mr-hough-fm12-2-tactics.html

Beat Man City 4 - 2, pretty happy with that!

sometimes FM makes you sit back and go 'yeah right'....in my Guimaraes game, trying to outdo the big 3, I finally finish 2nd, just behind Porto, they sell Hulk and I strengthen the team over the summer thinking this season I can overtake them. I play them in their version of the charity shield I guess...oh they have Van Persie up front on LOAN....WTF. So basically he rang rings round me and I can see Porto winning the league again!

Coming to the end of my season with Saints now, going very well, as I've officially been promoted with 5 games to go and 4 points ahead at the top of the table following a 3 game drop in form, where I lost 3 times for some reason... Just beat Liverpool in the FA Cup Semi Final 3-1 and now randomly playing Blackpool in the final, so have a good chance of winning the FA Cup & the Championship in my first season, not bad!

this tactic is indeed INSANE....brilliant

We're all going on a European tour! Won the Carling Cup and finished sixth, having at one stage looked a dead cert for the Champions League we had a barren run of form and had to settle for the Europa League. Beat Arsenal in a crunch game that meant we stayed above them and I've just splashed out £6.5 million for Gary Cahill and £9.75 million for Seamus Coleman - part of the never ending quest to stop conceding so many bloody goals. Robert Acquafresca once again won the European Golden Boot with his 40 in 42 games.

I ended up winning the FA Cup final (which was actually against Swansea not Blackpool) 2-1 AET, after Swansea equalised on 85 minutes, so straight into the "Euro Cup" which is awesome, but even better, suddenly Southampton is the club to be at with agents offering up some pretty decent players to me, I've also been offered the job as Team GB manager, which should be fun!

Adam Lallana got his first cap in a warm up game for the Euros and did pretty well so hopefully he'll stay in the squad for them. Regretfully I've sold SDR, KD and FR, albeit for pretty inflated transfer fees and also looking to get rid of quite a few others.

I ended up winning the FA Cup final (which was actually against Swansea not Blackpool) 2-1 AET, after Swansea equalised on 85 minutes, so straight into the "Euro Cup" which is awesome, but even better, suddenly Southampton is the club to be at with agents offering up some pretty decent players to me, I've also been offered the job as Team GB manager, which should be fun!

Adam Lallana got his first cap in a warm up game for the Euros and did pretty well so hopefully he'll stay in the squad for them. Regretfully I've sold SDR, KD and FR, albeit for pretty inflated transfer fees and also looking to get rid of quite a few others.

Love it when that happens. Kara, who I mentioned earlier, cost me £8 million. To detract bidders, I multiplied his worth by ten, and Liverpool were STILL interested at £42,000,000!

Have a look at Marco Verratti and Guido Pizarro, cheap wonderkids. Verratti is being linked with £20m plus moves to Milan within two seasons.

Similar to my game. Won the league cup beating Fulham 1-0.

Lamberts 1st England cap was in the Euros

Sold SDR, SKD, JP and a few others. Sent Hooiveld on loan as he's listed. Fonts was happy he's left.

Got Bosingwa, Sanogo, Okaka and Munsea (poor spelling) on bosmans

Love it when that happens. Kara, who I mentioned earlier, cost me £8 million. To detract bidders, I multiplied his worth by ten, and Liverpool were STILL interested at £42,000,000!

Have a look at Marco Verratti and Guido Pizarro, cheap wonderkids. Verratti is being linked with £20m plus moves to Milan within two seasons.

The best one is when you get players on a free and sell them on for millions. I signed the same player twice on a free and sold him on again for £2.5million both times - he never made a single appearance for me.

Another good way of making a bit of dough is asking for loan fees for your promising youngsters/players you don't want but can't get rid of. Some of my 19 year old strikers got me £1million each for a seasons loan.

Did the double over Man City, got a Champions League place at Liverpool's expense on the last day of the season. We were two points clear and by virtue of a poorer goal difference had to win to make sure of it. We drew 3 - 3 whilst Liverpool only managed a draw at West Brom. Happy days!

Some selected results:

Hamburg 0 - 4 QPR

QPR 5 - 0 AS Roma

Man City 1 - 2 QPR

QPR 6 - 0 Blackburn Rovers

QPR 6 - 0 Wigan

QPR 2 - 0 Man City

A Dutch youngster I got on a free from PSV. Always rated him but he's had tough competition with only one striker role in my tactics. Carling Cup comes around, figured I'd give him a go.

screenshot20120520at160.png

Five goals and an assist, 10.0 rating. Have some of that! He's starting my next game - United away.

Crazy Diamond, what tatic do you use?

Try that http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/96393-mr-hough-fm12-2-tactics.html - if you want, put the wingers' crossing to often, helps a bit.

Finished fourth with QPR, made the Champions League semi-finals where we blew the chance to beat Barcelona at the Nou Camp by missing two penalties. Miffed at this, but in March I agreed to talk to Spurs at the end of the season and am now their manager. Was never going to get QPR any further with their small attendances and constant financial problems.

If you want a good centre half, get Inigo Martinez. He cost me £13.5 million in 2016, I could have had him for £8 million a year earlier.

Just did 3 seasons with Juve

season 1 - Italian league and cup

Season 2 - as above with CL and Italian super cup

season 3 - as above in season 2 with world club thingy

my season 3 team

buffon

srna

Cahill

Cheillini

Zeigler

Martinez

Vidal

Keller (a regen who is utterly amazing)

Farfan

Griezman

Cavanni

subs

Vertonghan

Strootman

Marschino

De Ceglie

Acquafresca (brilliant player)

Pirlo

Pepe

Acquafresca is awesome using that tactic, shame in real life he's pretty crap. Consecutive European golden boot wins for me, still knocks in one or two now that I've left as well.

I went the first 12 games unbeaten, 11 wins, before losing to Arsenal 1 - 0 in my opening matches with Spurs. Going for the title - Salomon Rondon has 30 goals and it's not even Christmas yet!

Signed Adam Johnson for £2.5 million from Man City.

He has been a huge disappointment. Hope someone comes in for him in January

Signed him myself and he earned himself an England recall. Man Utd then promptly bid 15 million for him.