When people leave massive gaps in traffic

saint_stevo

With you on this one Stevo, does my head in too. Although quite often it can benefit, for example, if you are in the wrong lane and need to get into the right lane, you know, if the queue in the other lane is long enough, that there will be one of these mongs somewhere along the line, so you can teach them a lesson by pulling in the lane you want to be in, right infront of them.

I was taught to leave enough space so that you can see the back wheels of the car in front.

But I agree with Pancake, I leave a **** load more on the motorway if I join a jam and there's high speed traffic behind me. And get my hazards going too! Too many tools out there.

Edited by TopGun

I think Stevo means the REALLY big gaps that people leave, leaving a gap that about 10 cars could fit into, which causes MORE traffic.

People who do this are c**ts.

Yes exactly that. On backroads some mongtard was about 250yards behind the car in front and poodled along at 2mph.

t*at

On a single carriageway B road? When he is 10cars ahead?

Yeah good one

Well if you're all waiting in a line behind him, he is probably pleased as punch.

What do you do when you get tractors and JCB's on the road. Everybody just slams the pedal to the floor when you get 50 yds of straight road, the turbo kicks in and you're away.

Well if you're all waiting in a line behind him, he is probably pleased as punch.

What do you do when you get tractors and JCB's on the road. Everybody just slams the pedal to the floor when you get 50 yds of straight road, the turbo kicks in and you're away.

You could not miss the point more if you tried.

Morons. Whats the need!? My turning could be coming up your pr*ck and you not being close to the car in front is teh reason i gotta sit in this jam instead of being on my way. Arse

In a traffic jam situation, the driver that leaves quite a gap is usually one who is rather p!ssed off with the stop/go mentality of drivers around him/her. I'll admit to occasionally leaving a gap in the traffic when it doesn't cause other drivers problems. When doing so, I can crawl the car along in first or second gear, on minimal throttle. It causes less pollution, less wear on the car, and I am not forever braking and accelerating, and so eating up the fuel and brake pads.

Now the funny thing is, is that I suspect you knew the answer, as to why drivers leave a gap, all along. Peculiar as it may seem, most drivers are on the road for their purposes, not yours, however polite or impolite they might be.

In a traffic jam situation, the driver that leaves quite a gap is usually one who is rather p!ssed off with the stop/go mentality of drivers around him/her. I'll admit to occasionally leaving a gap in the traffic when it doesn't cause other drivers problems. When doing so, I can crawl the car along in first or second gear, on minimal throttle. It causes less pollution, less wear on the car, and I am not forever braking and accelerating, and so eating up the fuel and brake pads.

Now the funny thing is, is that I suspect you knew the answer, as to why drivers leave a gap, all along. Peculiar as it may seem, most drivers are on the road for their purposes, not yours, however polite or impolite they might be.

No matter how correct you are you will be inundated with silly comments from the mongs on here who believe that any road is only there for their use.

Depends on how large the gap is though. Some people leave ridiculously large gaps!! They do this for their own benefit but in effect, cause MORE traffic!

Have you ever rear-ended a bloke in his car INS? I bet you have.

Nope, dont intend to either. What you get up to in your personal life ponty is up to you.

INS likes his man close in front of him, all nice and tight.

Not everyone is a raging homo like you norway.

I am not one that drives with about a metre in between me and the car infront. Even in a traffic jam, but the point I was making (and im sure this is Stevo's point to) was people who leave a ridiculously large gap in between them and the car infront in slow moving traffic. A car or two's gap is fine, but anything more is inconsiderate, as you are just making the traffic slow up even more behind you.

Especially if you have just gone past traffic lights.

My perfect example would be coming off Junction 9 (whiteley) of the M27 (from Southampton) and heading toward Park Gate / Locksheath. There are traffic lights on the Junction roundabout and then the large dual carriageway up to the Segensworth roundabout with Makro on your right.

There is 99 out of 100 times always a mong in the left lane of the dual carriageway who has left a huge gap between them and the car infront. Now the Junction roundabout is always chocca and often cars pull out into the middle of the traffic lighted section, only for the lights to turn.

Had the mongs who leave a huge gap not done so, they would not have been stuck in the way of the other traffic lighted traffic. :rolleyes:

What really ****s me off is people sitting 2 inches of your bumper in a traffic jam. Then, everytime you move another 2 inches, they move right up your arse again maintaining their 2 inch gap. What is the point? If people do it to me I'll sit there and turn the engine off and let a nice big gap build in front of me just to **** them off.

Expected something like this from you.....

Im talking about a gap of over 200yards from the car in front. Its infuriating to the point where people stuck behind him where beeping horns etc.

But of course, you knew best all along

What really ****s me off is people sitting 2 inches of your bumper in a traffic jam. Then, everytime you move another 2 inches, they move right up your arse again maintaining their 2 inch gap. What is the point? If people do it to me I'll sit there and turn the engine off and let a nice big gap build in front of me just to **** them off.

Yeah 2 inches is annoying but not as annoying as the car in front being so far behind the one in front of that they can no longer see it

Another thing I came across this morning which f*cks me off is people who dont know the size of their car. Normally women.

Some silly bint was infront of me this morning and it was at a queue of traffic lights where one lane turns into two. I was going left at the lights and the car infront obviously didnt think her little Ford Ka would fit in the f*cking huge space between the curb and the car in the right lane.

I could have driven a bus through there. I beeped her after the light turned green and she didnt move. 2 more beeps followed yet the bint stayed there till the people in the right lane moved!

People like this should not be allowed on the road. They incite road rage.

Another thing I came across this morning which f*cks me off is people who dont know the size of their car. Normally women.

Some silly bint was infront of me this morning and it was at a queue of traffic lights where one lane turns into two. I was going left at the lights and the car infront obviously didnt think her little Ford Ka would fit in the f*cking huge space between the curb and the car in the right lane.

I could have driven a bus through there. I beeped her after the light turned green and she didnt move. 2 more beeps followed yet the bint stayed there till the people in the right lane moved!

People like this should not be allowed on the road. They incite road rage.

It's a scientific fact that women have less spacial awareness than men. I'll quite often see the wife wince as we go through a gap between 2 cars even though I can clearly see that we've got loads of room to spare.

It's a scientific fact that women have less spacial awareness than men. I'll quite often see the wife wince as we go through a gap between 2 cars even though I can clearly see that we've got loads of room to spare.

I'm the exception to this rule as I often squeeze through gaps that others don't even try.

I do, however, breathe in as I make my manoeuvre :D

Expected something like this from you.....

Im talking about a gap of over 200yards from the car in front. Its infuriating to the point where people stuck behind him where beeping horns etc.

But of course, you knew best all along

Fair enough. That is infuriating. You could have made it a little clearer in your first post though, yes..?

Morons. Whats the need!? My turning could be coming up your pr*ck and you not being close to the car in front is teh reason i gotta sit in this jam instead of being on my way. Arse

Totally agree, although people who get in the left hand lane at roundabouts, and insisit on going right, infuriates me even more.

Totally agree, although people who get in the left hand lane at roundabouts, and insisit on going right, infuriates me even more.

They shouldnt even be on the roads. If they dont know how to drive properly then the f*cking morons shouldnt be driving.

I f*cking hate people that pull out onto roundabouts where there is a queue on the roundabout, thus blocking the exit they are sat infront of. People who do it at traffic lights too, thinking they will edge out just as the light is about to turn red and sit smack bang in the middle of the way!

Equally, people who get into the right hand lane at roundabouts and insist on taking the up coming left exit.

And middle lane hoggers :mad:

Lots of people drive down The Avenue in Southampton in the right hand lane, with nothing in the left lane! The right hand lane is the overtaking lane, these same people have the nerve to give me a dirty look when I undertake them aswell! I understand you need to get in lane for the roundabout, but to drive the whole way down in the overtaking lane is just ridiculous!

Lots of people drive down The Avenue in Southampton in the right hand lane, with nothing in the left lane! The right hand lane is the overtaking lane, these same people have the nerve to give me a dirty look when I undertake them aswell! I understand you need to get in lane for the roundabout, but to drive the whole way down in the overtaking lane is just ridiculous!

i feel priviledged you have used 2 of your 3 posts on my thread