Ben Reeves

Ewell

The last thing I want to do is write a young player off but I am not convinced by him at all. He seemed to be a left back under Pardew but now seems to be a midfielder in the attacking sense according to Adkins.

He looks very small and lightweight and I cannot even say I have noticed he is particularly good on the ball or has vast amounts of energy or bite in midfield. I admit I have only seen him away at Palace in the cup and his brief appearance against Brighton but I wondered what other forum member’s thoughts were.

He may need a loan move to league 1 or 2 to get regular games to see if he develops.

He's been converted by the development coaching team into a more attacking left sided player, who can also operate 'in the hole'. They thought he'd suit that role because technically he's very good, and has a good cross and shot on him.....he is a little lightweight, but so was bale in his early days with us.

He was terrific in the carling cup games I saw earlier in the season tbh, some great ability on the ball shown in those games. He only made his first league app. on Monday, and it's not easy coming into a team 2-0 down and 10 men.

He could do with a loan IMO - but we can't risk that until we have more backup.

he looked good when he came on at Brighton. Neat and tidy, sharp and busy. He showed similar qualities in the Preston game. Lovely first touch and with a good footballing brain. He just needs to grow into a role and he could become a very very good player for Saints. He does look a little bit lightweight, but he has the touch to make him effective.

The last thing I want to do is write a young player off but I am not convinced by him at all. He seemed to be a left back under Pardew but now seems to be a midfielder in the attacking sense according to Adkins.

He looks very small and lightweight and I cannot even say I have noticed he is particularly good on the ball or has vast amounts of energy or bite in midfield. I admit I have only seen him away at Palace in the cup and his brief appearance against Brighton but I wondered what other forum member’s thoughts were.

He may need a loan move to league 1 or 2 to get regular games to see if he develops.

You're right. I think he's totally unsuitable for football. After all, he's not very big and being at such a mature age, he should at least be 6"2 and wrestling bears by now. Either Adkins should get him on the steak and guinness for a year or pump him full of Ivan Drago-esque steroids.

Personally though for me, after his poor showings this season he's had more than enough opportunities to prove himself and he should be consigned to the non-league dustbin.

What's his position. I don't reckon anyone knows. He's left footed but no longer a full back, has no discernable attacking game to play as a forward. Maybe a holding midfielder like Morgan (ie, one that doesn't tackle much). Shouldn't be near the team yet IMO, Dickson or Butterfield should be on the bench ahead of him.

Must have been at a different game. I thought he was bright and breezy against Palace, as he had been in a home league cup game a few weeks before - good feet, good movement, but clearly young and raw. But then I didn't think we were at all bad against Palace, just let down by an inability to score! And met a few Eagles on the train who agreed and could all see why we were (and still are at least for ten days) top of the league.

Well done to those saying I have written him off when I quite clearly haven't. I am just looking to discuss a player who in truth I have not seen a lot of and I wondered what others saw in him as I have not been that impressed. The comments made by some are why so many of us stay away from these forums now. Crab Lungs you really are a special case and are now on ignore.

Thanks to others who have shared their thoughts and enter sensible discussion.

What's his position. I don't reckon anyone knows. He's left footed but no longer a full back, has no discernable attacking game to play as a forward. Maybe a holding midfielder like Morgan (ie, one that doesn't tackle much). Shouldn't be near the team yet IMO, Dickson or Butterfield should be on the bench ahead of him.

I reckon you could have written that about Lallana... I always thought he had a touch of the Stephen Gerrard about him and it turns out he's Lionel Messi!!! ;)

Well done to those saying I have written him off when I quite clearly haven't. I am just looking to discuss a player who in truth I have not seen a lot of and I wondered what others saw in him as I have not been that impressed. The comments made by some are why so many of us stay away from these forums now. Crab Lungs you really are a special case and are now on ignore.

Thanks to others who have shared their thoughts and enter sensible discussion.

dis15741_wambulance.jpg

Anyway, I think you'll find many people stay away from these forums because of manic depressives like you.

So, Ben Reeves - sh1t or good? Far, far too early to make any judgement.

Then you go ahead and do precisely that. He's young FFS and posts like this are hardly going to help his confidence. :rolleyes:

I have just seen your post further down and nothing I have seen in your opening post is indicating any confidence in him. So I stand by my opening sentence.

Edited by St_Tel49
Saw post further down.

Dear oh dear what am I reading here. He is only a young man with loads of experience to gain yet. NA is right to bring him on gradually. Remember Dyer & Williamson--they now play in the premier league regularly and were no great shakes with us at such a young age.FFS.

How old is Reeves? 20, nearly 21 I think? Should be challenging for a first team place by now and be ahead of the likes of Forte and Holmes in the pecking order if he's going to make it. I've unfortunately got a feeling that he'll leave Saints, maybe drop down to a League One club to get a full season or two under his belt before maybe making later at a higher level.