kwsaint

Oh there are so many.

Foo fighters

Oasis

Biffy Clyro

Metallica

The Stone Roses

The White Stripes

Arcade Fire - epic live and very talented, as they all change instruments on stage during gigs, and there are a small army of them.

Muse - best live band time and time again.

And one who are going to make it big this year...... The Maccabees and about bloody time!!

The Zucchinis...

There is NO contest as anyone around Salisbury would tell you

I'm sure Ruth Jones will be very pleased to hear that she has such a big fan. Have you read Endless Beat - all about the Salisbury music scene from mid 70's to early 90's. It was a good time, especially the Passenger Club era at the Arts Centre around the lat 80's early 90's.

Listening again to her album

There is no doubt if she comes up with stuff even only half as good (and gets over her throat problems) that Adele is going to be on these lists for a long time to come

I hate Adele.

Not only does her voice sound like somebody repeatedly stepping on a dog's tail, she's annoying and last year she whined about having to pay £4m in tax when she still made another £4m for herself. C*nt.

Manufactured music like hers is killing the industry, 99% of music in the charts is absolute sh!te which all sounds the same. My god, do we need a musical revolution right now.

Edited by SuperMikey

I have never listened to them, in truth - but have always fancied giving them a go.

Where would one start, sir? Album-wise, I mean.

Pap, I would start with "Permanent Waves" - their debut departure from side-long epics into shorter, tighter songs. Though you really couldn't go wrong with "Moving Pictures" which is their classic.

Enjoy.

• 2 months later...
Sorry, I cant. I reckon you all look like Gandalf and should organise a massive air guitar/moshing session during the warm-up to the next home game.

Nah all that happens Alps is that age brings diversity - much less of a musical snob than I was in the late 80s and early 90s - teenage years was odd, already into Dylan, Neil Young, etc, anything by Ray Davies and found a rare original 'Five leaves Left' by an unknown to me at the time Nick Drake which was sublime (paid £2.50 for it in a record shop in Ramsgate... its now listed seperately on teh home contents insurance!) - loved Tom Petty sort of stuff to... The Rush thing began earlier.... anyone who has played an instrument in and heard Permanent Waves or Moving pictures and its just great complex music - and live they are superb.... next came the Uni years - Nirvana, Radiohead, RATM etc in the early 90s with a bit of James thrown in... hated any keyboard led dance ****e although always thought The prodigy were all right, or country....yet now sort apprecite pretty much anything that is not manufactured chart shiete...

Not really the Favourite of all time but we do have some legends in town next week

The Eagles

Complete with Don Henly, Joe Walsh, Glenn Frey & Timothy B. Schmit in the line up.

Worth a sing-along in anyone's money

And no doubt most of the crowd will look like Gandalf and will be playing Air Guitars inappropriately and screeching horribly to get the notes in Hotel California.

We've been on a cracking run this year of gigs, but we're still waiting with fingers crossed that Bruce makes an appearance this year

• 2 weeks later...