What will Lowes excuse be when Portvliet leaves "by mutual consent"?

Mole

Just seen the following draft:

"I made a whole series of terrible mistakes: joining forces with Wilde, letting Pearson go, acting on my obsession with Dutch coaches, and most of all, not learning my lesson from last time about how NOT to alienate my paymasters, the fans. I accept all blame. Therefore Jan is sacked with immediate effect. Love and kisses, Rupes."

Just seen the following draft:

"I made a whole series of terrible mistakes: joining forces with Wilde, letting Pearson go, acting on my obsession with Dutch coaches, and most of all, not learning my lesson from last time about how NOT to alienate my paymasters, the fans. I accept all blame. Therefore Jan is sacked with immediate effect. Love and kisses, Rupes."

Is this genuine????:rolleyes:

While Lowe is still here,it wont make any difference if Portaloo stays or goes because no one of any ability will want to come here anyway.

Never a truer word spoken. Now we're outside the top flight no manager worth his salt would work under Lowe.

none of them are going anywhere,we cannot afford a compensation package or another manager.

If Jan really is on peanuts, then surely it wouldn't take much to pay him off.

And then if the choice is failure Vs stretching the budget to get an experienced manager in, then I'm sure people will see that it would be a false economy not to spend some money on the single most important person at a football club.

The cost of failure will be more than the cost of a decent manager that's for sure.

That said, I still think Jan is worthy of our support, but that's not to say he is immune from criticism or a later review.

If Jan really is on peanuts, then surely it wouldn't take much to pay him off.

And then if the choice is failure Vs stretching the budget to get an experienced manager in, then I'm sure people will see that it would be a false economy not to spend some money on the single most important person at a football club.

The cost of failure will be more than the cost of a decent manager that's for sure.

That said, I still think Jan is worthy of our support, but that's not to say he is immune from criticism or a later review.

dont get me wrong steve,i firmly believe that a good manager pays for himself but good managers who can achieve virtual miracles with no money are very thin on the ground.

JP is a good man and i would like to see him given a decent chance with some money but i dont think it will happen.i fear he will be expected to plod along as he is now,scraping a point here and there in the hope that it will be good enough to survive.

i dont want the man to go,but i think he is the right man at the wrong time.he needs to be backed financially in january and this includes not losing any of the more decent players but i really dont think it will happen.

But going back to the OP I just don't think that scenario will ever pan out, regardless of Lowe's past hiring and firing past.

If Jan goes, then Lowe has to go, it's as simple as that.

But as far as I tell, there is no way Lowe would walk away again so soon after coming back. His ego and his personality wouldn't allow it. No way in the world would he pull the plug on his experiment so soon after implementing it and admit to failing.

Jan is here until it works or until it goes ti77ts up.

I remember saying to Rupert that I thought he was drinking in the last chance saloon when he appointed Wigley, but he must surely be drinking in there now!!!!!

The only problem of course is that it will be the last chance saloon for Southampton Football Club 1885 Ltd as well.

But going back to the OP I just don't think that scenario will ever pan out, regardless of Lowe's past hiring and firing past.

If Jan goes, then Lowe has to go, it's as simple as that.

But as far as I tell, there is no way Lowe would walk away again so soon after coming back. His ego and his personality wouldn't allow it. No way in the world would he pull the plug on his experiment so soon after implementing it and admit to failing.

Jan is here until it works or until it goes ti77ts up.

I remember saying to Rupert that I thought he was drinking in the last chance saloon when he appointed Wigley, but he must surely be drinking in there now!!!!!

The only problem of course is that it will be the last chance saloon for Southampton Football Club 1885 Ltd as well.

think you are probably right -it would have to get much worse before RL said it was wrong - more likely we would try switching Wotte to first team to see if that was better

I'll be very surprised if he sacks Jan, even if we are relegated by the end of March. He'll blame it all on the previous regime and keep insisting that this is the only way forward.

However, JP may of course fall on his sword at some point, finally admitting that he is out of his depth.

Morph

Rather than playing games and trying to sound important. You know we all want a postive change. You strongly predicted it end of last season and you were wrong, please tell us

1) when its going to happen

2) are you more confident than your last ill fated prediction -and why?

Its no good shuffling the Dutch pack...even if they are nice guys...sorry show them the door and hopefully follow Lowey and Wildey through it...Action required NOW.

Salz in the Chair ....New Board....Proper Dof F andproper Coach/Manager as a team who know what is required.....No more delays please.

No excuses from Lowey its down to you yet again..Just leave now please.

I think you're a skate

Kind Regards

Stanley

I think you are very wrong.

If i was a skate I wouldn't be walking back down Britannia Road to my mate's car yesterday evening in the pouring rain questioning my sanity in supporting this team for over 40 years with only the long journey back to London as comfort would I.

Would I ?

Regards

Morph

Its no good shuffling the Dutch pack...even if they are nice guys...sorry show them the door and hopefully follow Lowey and Wildey through it...Action required NOW.

Salz in the Chair ....New Board....Proper Dof F andproper Coach/Manager as a team who know what is required.....No more delays please.

No excuses from Lowey its down to you yet again..Just leave now please.

And then you woke up!

I think you are very wrong.

If i was a skate I wouldn't be walking back down Britannia Road to my mate's car yesterday evening in the pouring rain questioning my sanity in supporting this team for over 40 years with only the long journey back to London as comfort would I.

Would I ?

Regards

Morph

bloody hell and I htought you were important and wel connected and would have at least a parking space at the stadium

how much more do you need for a controlling interest?

He'd be all talk, all of us would donate a lottery win to Saints ...until we won it.NO offence OSM but when the push comes to the shove I doubt any of us would risk all our wealth for the club

Now on my third lottery win in 14 days....£30...you can see the dream and how I am positioning myself for a takeover.....At least I would sort the buggers out.

I'll be behind you with my tenner, just a small role for me, i'm not bothered.

DOF, that's fine with me.