What will Lowes excuse be when Portvliet leaves "by mutual consent"?

Mole

Obviously Lowe can't fire JP as this would be an admission that it was a mistake to appoint him in the first place. Lowe would rather stick stubbornly to a strategy which clearly isn't working than admit fault.

"Mutual consent" however is entirely possible, although no-one would believe it.

Lowe is 100% to blame. It was (so I believe) his decision to bring in the Dutch duo.

A different manager would not have made better players available to us, or have produced any more money to spend on transfers or wages. The knee-jerk reaction is always the same for some people - if its not the outcome we want, lets just find someone to blame and pretend that someone else would have made a world of difference.

That is complete fantasy. Lowe is still the chairman who appointed Redknapp, and was heavily criticised for it because under Redknapp we sank to bottom place - but there is no knowledgeable football commentator who would say Redknapp was a bad manager. The reasons for relegation were complex, as is our current position. We have a management team that is doing the best it can with what is available, just as any other manager would have to do. There is NO simple answer.

A different manager would not have made better players available to us, or have produced any more money to spend on transfers or wages. The knee-jerk reaction is always the same for some people - if its not the outcome we want, lets just find someone to blame and pretend that someone else would have made a world of difference.

That is complete fantasy. Lowe is still the chairman who appointed Redknapp, and was heavily criticised for it because under Redknapp we sank to bottom place - but there is no knowledgeable football commentator who would say Redknapp was a bad manager. The reasons for relegation were complex, as is our current position. We have a management team that is doing the best it can with what is available, just as any other manager would have to do. There is NO simple answer.

Rubbish comment. How has Redknapp turned Spurs around without spending? Its because he's a more suitable manager than his predecessor for that team. Likewise, there is every chance a better manager with experience of the English leagues could do a better job than Poortaloo. Couldn't do much worse frankly.

A different manager would not have made better players available to us, or have produced any more money to spend on transfers or wages. .

A different management team could have done a lot of things differently than the current lot, to suggest otherwise is fantasy land stuff.

It might have produced better results, then again it might not have. To deny there was an alternative is unrealistic.

Of course it could have been even worse, but from what I have seen so far (and from our league position etc etc etc) you would probably have struggled to have got worse than what we have been left with.

We have a management team that is doing the best it can with what is available, just as any other manager would have to do. .

Management teams aren't homogenous.

They don't all achieve exactly the same with the same resources.

There is nothing to say that a different team wouldn't have produced better (or indeed worse) results.

The problem is that the "best" that the current lot is doing is beginning to look not good enough. Points on the board tell us it isn't good and the dwindling attendances consolidate that.

There is NO simple answer.

Indeed there isn't, but as each week passes so does the fear that the "revolutionary coaching set up" isn't the right answer grows. I don't think it will be long before this comes to a head one way or the other.

Indeed there isn't, but as each week passes so does the fear that the "revolutionary coaching set up" isn't the right answer grows. I don't think it will be long before this comes to a head one way or the other.

And if it goes tits up, the mob will cheer for the "great satan" has left the club. Then they'll all look at each other and say "what now?" (kind of like Bush in Eye-raq - "Right Saddam's gone, who's got a plan?".

I'm not sure what the plan b is - does anyone?

And if it goes tits up, the mob will cheer for the "great satan" has left the club. Then they'll all look at each other and say "what now?" (kind of like Bush in Eye-raq - "Right Saddam's gone, who's got a plan?".

But once again why are we looking to blame the fans???

I, and I'm sure the vast, overwhelming majority don't want this to end in tears, but if it does then it won't be our fault.

Nor should we be blamed for not having a Plan B.

Those in charge, those with large shareholdings, those who lead this Club have to take responsibility for their actions and for what the solution is.

Lowe claimed he had a mandate last time around and that was achieved with the support of a maximum of ten people. Maybe we should be looking to them to see what they think Plan B is???

We don't have any say in what goes on, apart from the ultimate sanction of voting with our feet (but even then that is only a rejection of the status quo, not a positive solution).

We're just supporters who have no real say, we just want our team to do well.

Let's put this the other way around. Where's the plan B currently? It's arguable whether this isn't itself the plan B, as surely plan A would have been to appoint a manager with experience at this level and in this country at least.

There would be at least one important benefit of Lowe going; fan base unity would improve. At least a replacement board would have the moral authority to make a rallying cry for fans to return to support the club through the turnstiles, something which Lowe and Quisling do not have.

Make no mistake Lowe will wield the axe soon and Lowe will make sure he's blameless.:rolleyes:

WHY do you think Lowe will "wield the axe soon" ?????

Under normal circumstances, I would agree that most other Chairman would fluidly review the situation, and take appropriate action when needed. But we are talking about Lowe ......

Lowe appointed the Dutch Duo

Lowe insisted upon the "Total Football" philosophy

Lowe insisted upon the Youth only policy

Lowe insisted upon the Sell Sell Sell of ALL our best experienced players

On those Four points alone, how could anyone get rid of what he created, and come out of ot smelling of Roses

Lowe might THINK he could appoint blame elswhere, but I would venture to suggest, that "public opinion" Nationwide, let alone Southampton, would judge things far differently

As the saying goes .... " Sh*t Sticks " .... I sincerely hope that Lowe would have reached his limit of what he can get away with ...... I think that Lowe has reached the limit of "Failures" that he can talk his way out of

Great:( Expect all our star players to be sold in Jan.

Why do you seem surprised ?? ....... In every transfer window, Lowe has to Sell Sell Sell to get enough cash to keep the PLC running for another few months

The fact that leaves us with an ever decreasing level of players to put on the pitch is of no interest to Lowe at all .........

......... In short, IF Lowe's objective was to get a COMPETITIVE STABLE TEAM to get us up the Table, he would NOT Sell off the cream at every opportunity

Lowe the Saviour ???? .......... only of the PLC I'm afraid

Why do you seem surprised ?? ....... In every transfer window, Lowe has to Sell Sell Sell to get enough cash to keep the PLC running for another few months

The fact that leaves us with an ever decreasing level of players to put on the pitch is of no interest to Lowe at all .........

......... In short, IF Lowe's objective was to get a COMPETITIVE STABLE TEAM to get us up the Table, he would NOT Sell off the cream at every opportunity

Lowe the Saviour ???? .......... only of the PLC I'm afraid

Spot on post St R....there's more ambition to be found in Accrington Stanleys reserve team than in Lowe's plan for SFC.

As I've just said on another thread, Hockaday seems to be making a lot of the decisions on the touchline already.

Jan just stands there looking a bit lost.

Hockaday certainly is Lowe's favoured one, that's for sure. His name was being banded about well before Lowe took over again.

Lets lighten the mood with a caption competition (here seems as good a place as any seeing as I can't start threads)

jan.jpg

Yes, one up top.

Yes, I know we are three down, but we always play one up top.

Yes, one up top.

One, one, one, comprende?????

We always play one up top

PS SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!