Surman to Stoke?

Shroppie

As with all these stories, you start by wondering how it got into the papers in the first place.

Who fed it to them? Who leaked the info, and why?

Why would Stoke want to to come out? They wouldn't for fear it could start an auction.

In whose interest might it be to start an auction to enhance the player's price?

In whose interest might it be to try and ignite interest where there hasn't previously been any?

Not saying it is the case, but it has happened that clubs use a third party (agent's player, etc) to feed a story into a paper to create interest where there was none previously, to raise some badly needed income.

As with all these stories, you start by wondering how it got into the papers in the first place.

Who fed it to them? Who leaked the info, and why?

Why would Stoke want to to come out? They wouldn't for fear it could start an auction.

In whose interest might it be to start an auction to enhance the player's price?

In whose interest might it be to try and ignite interest where there hasn't previously been any?

Not saying it is the case, but it has happened that clubs use a third party (agent's player, etc) to feed a story into a paper to create interest where there was none previously, to raise some badly needed income.

You're not wrong and it's very much the style of the current regime. If the cap fits...LOL

Or, he could put a gun to his mums head and tell him that he has to go or he will blow her brains out. That too is speculation, and would equally be a no brainer decision.

There's speculation and speculation, isn't there, JFP? One has a rather higher probability of being right than the other.

You are not suggesting that people should not indulge in speculation on a fans football forum, are you? I'm staggered if you are here only for fact!

Isn't the "fun" of it all picking from everyone else's specuations according to one's own predisposition? No-one comes on here to have their opinions changed, do they?

Even before the gossip rumour, I had it on reasonable authority that both Surman and Lallana are to be sold come January, for as much money as possible. Great isn't it..?

We are not a selling club.

We will not do a Leeds.

You never want the bank to be controlling your footballing decisions.

Now where have I heard those statements before..?

Even before the gossip rumour, I had it on reasonable authority that both Surman and Lallana are to be sold come January, for as much money as possible. Great isn't it..?

We are not a selling club.

We will not do a Leeds.

You never want the bank to be controlling your footballing decisions.

Now where have I heard those statements before..?

Difference is that Leeds managed to keep a fairly large fan base through there doors on a regular bases. If our gate reciepts were higher there would not be so much need to sell to keep the bank happy.

Catch 22 cause if we dont start winning matches and fast then the fans wont be back to help pay the bank off. players will get sold to pay the bank and the team will do worse so less fans will turn up.

Someone has to break this circle at some point and if its not us or the players it will be administration and a couple of league drops before we even remotly start looking like we are moving forward.

Surman can probably do better than Stoke.

Stoke however may be determined to shaft us for selling them that dud Davies.

Smart piece of business that, make it look as if you want to keep him and then

grudgingly let him move on for a small profit. That knee was always wrong, we fell for it, looks like they have as well.

Difference is that Leeds managed to keep a fairly large fan base through there doors on a regular bases. If our gate reciepts were higher there would not be so much need to sell to keep the bank happy.

Catch 22 cause if we dont start winning matches and fast then the fans wont be back to help pay the bank off. players will get sold to pay the bank and the team will do worse so less fans will turn up.

Someone has to break this circle at some point and if its not us or the players it will be administration and a couple of league drops before we even remotly start looking like we are moving forward.

We won't start winning because the ridiculous experiment is doomed to fail. There are some (me included), who won't go, regardless of results, because of Lowe. Whatever way you look at it the attendances aren't going to increase. The only way the current regime can increase revenue is by selling players, they aren't going to do it through the gate.

The only possible solution would include Wilde and Lowe going. But it is unlikely to happen, imo they are doing all they can to protect their positions. I really can't figure out what they are up to.

We won't start winning because the ridiculous experiment is doomed to fail. There are some (me included), who won't go, regardless of results, because of Lowe. Whatever way you look at it the attendances aren't going to increase. The only way the current regime can increase revenue is by selling players, they aren't going to do it through the gate.

The only possible solution would include Wilde and Lowe going. But it is unlikely to happen, imo they are doing all they can to protect their positions. I really can't figure out what they are up to.

If they were doing this a few years back just after we got to the final of the FA cup then I would call it a ridiculous experiment as back then all seemed to be getting better so why change it?

but right now without a pot to p1ss in we have to do something. we have invested heavily in our youth system and some of the kids are bloody good. we dont have the luxury of being able to afford enough experience to blend that youth in so we are forced to go for it full tilt. Its not something I would have liked to have seen at our club but I cant see what else can be done to avoid it.

If lowe and wilde walk away now and leave it up to crouch he still has to find the money to fend off the bank and i suppose if he is to change direction he will also need to find the money to buy the experience we so desperatly need.

I think people are that blinded by there hate of the guy at the top that they cant see the situation is no different with him there or not.

I still think that the kids are or at least can be good enough to give us something to be happy about this season but I think this will only be the case when the right players are selected. we dont have the luxury of good enough players to cover certain key positions.

Our best 11 is good enough to get enough results. change any of those 11 and we can look awful. I think thats why the fan base is so up and down based on results so far. 1 min we feel like we have turned a corner and will go on to spank a few results and the next we dont deserve to be in league 1.

My fear now is that the team dont have enough time now to get the results to improve the gates. so even with our best 11 playing from now till jan and winning the gates wont improve enough to save us from selling 1 or 2 of the key players. this will leave us with the team that can look awful and it will seel our fate IMO.

We should sell Schneiderlin, Surman and/or Lallana.

Use Gasmi, Pulis and Holmes as replacements.

And then keep most of the cash to keep us afloat and use the rest to get Saganowski back from loan in january to pay his wages.

sell Surman to pay Saga? I know the game is all about opinions, but FFS I could not disagree with yours more. Surman is the future of this club (if we have one at all) and we must do everything we can to keep him here.

Absolutely agree! We have 4 outfield players currently playing that are head and shoulders above anything else we have (or are likely to have for many years to come). Schneiderlin, Cork, Lallana and Surman. After January there is a good chance that we will no longer have any of them and then we will really be in the sh!t.

Wot he said.

And that could qualify as the most depressing transfer window ever. We need all four for the rest of this season - especially Drew and Adam. C'mon mushes, hang about for a bit. FFS.

Wilde has already arranged a replacement .......... Boyle ....... you don't think Lowe will SPEND money on one do you

Get used to it ... every Transfer window, Lowe will sell as many as it takes to keep the PLC solvent ...... he cares nothing for the Football, or it's iratant ( and diminishing) Customers

Let me understand your point - are you saying that he should let the club go insolvent???

If we get any half decent offer for Surman he (and Lallana , Schniederlin ...etc) will be gone at some stage , that's as plain as the nose on your face . But don't for one minute believe this will solve SFC's underlying problems however . £1m/£2m will just keep this cycle of decline going for a few months more - the team's results will get even worse and the 'gate' and income as a consequence will get smaller . Next March the club will have to try and sell some season tickets - any takers ?

Ultimatly this grand old club is heading for both Administration and relegation -sooner rather than later IMO , unless something changes PDQ .

If we get any half decent offer for Surman he (and Lallana , Schniederlin ...etc) will be gone at some stage , that's as plain as the nose on your face . But don't for one minute believe this will solve SFC's underlying problems however . £1m/£2m will just keep this cycle of decline going for a few months more - the team's results will get even worse and the 'gate' and income as a consequence will get smaller . Next March the club will have to try and sell some season tickets - any takers ?

Ultimatly this grand old club is heading for both Administration and relegation -sooner rather than later IMO , unless something changes PDQ .

exactly

Ive said before that the only thing that can realisticly change things is the results on the pitch. If the current team can find a way to win and also defend then they may do enough to bring the gates up and reduce the need to sell. I honestly think that there isnt enough time to make that much of a difference and with every player out of the door our chances to improve results and therfor gates reduces further.

I just want to point out that I am not a fan of Lowe, but this post is indictative of the lack of understanding and blame culture we have within our fan base. We went down, we didn't go straight back up, we gambled on promotion, we failed, we spent more money when we should have cut back, and now belatedly we are trying to cut our cloth according. Those are the facts and fans need to deal with them.

He has SOLD any and all Experienced Footballers that COULD and SHOULD have been Blended in to a Youth culture Team .... THAT, IMHO, would have stabilised us in the CCC

he's only sold Andy Davies and that was forced on him because he could not get rid of Skacel and Thomas. The same `experienced footballers' hardly stabilised us in the CCC last year did they. Besides we were losing millions so there was little choice but to reduce the wage bil. The inly way of doing that is to let high wage earner go and they tend to be the more experienced players.

But Lowe has gone far further than that. With his sell everthing policy, he has not only asset stripped the Club, but has reduced the available Quality to the point that is in the lap of the Gods whether we survive in the CCC
like last season then.

Fans have deserted St Mary's this season by at LEAST 5000 ... reducing prices for the Notts Forest game is a desperate gamble to get some of those to come back. Saints fans are no different than any other fan really. They like to see a winning Team, a Team able to compete, and a Team that is not going to be decimated at every Transfer Window
`come to see united' fans dissapear.

The Lowe factor cannot now be dismissed. HIS actiopns have led to major Apathy to his CUSTOMERS. All he has ever done is Split the Fan base

The joke of it is, he does not CARE one Iota about the Fans, he has said as much in the past. He is back for LOWE and the PLC.

he cares about hsi shareholding and for that reason he will do everything in his power to make the club successful. If that means seeling players to stop the club going bankrupt then so be it.

As long as he can SELL to keep the PLC solvent, then as far as he is concerned, that is Job Done, because he works for the PLC, NOT Saints.
we tried the big spending gamble and it failed. We now face the consequences of that gamble - ie paying off our debts. Deal with it.

Lowe is acting exactly AS an Administrator would .......... but he is NOT in any way concerned about what happens on the pitch
deluded. What happens on the pitch has a direct effect on the finances so Lowe cares a lot.