has this site

OldNick

I did that, Exit but I then had to set up an account and they've since been sending me emails inviting me to apply for their credit card.

:confused:

Likewise, I didn't see any way to make the payment without opening an account first - I've paid for things via Paypal before now with no account, but not this time. It may be, of course, that the option was there but not easy to find.

You can stop them sending you annoying emails - you'll have to log in, then edit your profile. Incidentally to do this much you'll need to have fully activated the account, as I found out myself.

Perhaps the admins should make a guide to using paypal without joining it, with screenshots. Seeing as how lots of people seem to be having difficulties. I thought it looked pretty straightforward myself, although it made me use paypal as it twigged that my email address was already linked to a paypal account.

I know it sounds silly but I just cant afford to spend a fiver to use a message board

I used to think the same in the days before the internet and mobile phones when I had to spend money on stamps to send messages to people. It's madness having to pay to communicate with people....what ever next.....:rolleyes:

Likewise, I didn't see any way to make the payment without opening an account first - I've paid for things via Paypal before now with no account, but not this time. It may be, of course, that the option was there but not easy to find.

The page I've done a screenshot of on the attached file is the page that is loaded when you go through the "Paid Subscriptions" section of your user control panel (link). The bit highlighted in red should allow you to make a payment without having a PayPal account.

paypal_login.jpg

Perhaps the admins should make a guide to using paypal without joining it, with screenshots. Seeing as how lots of people seem to be having difficulties.

See image attachment above :)

I thought it looked pretty straightforward myself, although it made me use paypal as it twigged that my email address was already linked to a paypal account.

Yeah, it'll also notice if you try to pay with a card/bank account that's already linked to an existing PayPal account.

I used to think the same in the days before the internet and mobile phones when I had to spend money on stamps to send messages to people. It's madness having to pay to communicate with people....what ever next.....:rolleyes:

Not having a dig at having to pay to use this site. Just stating that as of right now I am inches aways from losing my house and cant see a way of bringing in enough extra money to cope with the ever increasing charges and rates. So to add an extra fiver to a non existent pot of cash is out of my reach right now.

I manage to comunicate with people all over the world at no extra cost to my normal outgoings in this age of email and free texts so the thought of shelling out more money on something which wont actually better my family's or my life is not up for discussion.

When my situation changes I will pay up but until then I will take a back seat with my 3 posts a day. :D

Not having a dig at having to pay to use this site. Just stating that as of right now I am inches aways from losing my house and cant see a way of bringing in enough extra money to cope with the ever increasing charges and rates. So to add an extra fiver to a non existent pot of cash is out of my reach right now.

Sorry to hear that and apologies for my flippancy. Hope things turn around for you. All the best

Thanks for the words. Life is what it is right now and im sure it will change many times in the future so not much point in dwelling on it.

Times are tough for many people at the mo and I know its only a fiver but I am guessing I am not the only person that realistically thinks the fiver is better spent elswhere for now.

but given time I would have thought the board will grow and we will get back to the numourus posts on PA taking over the world.

:D

Sorry for any delays with cheque payments or responding to e-mails etc, irritatingly someone has made a pig's ear of the Southampton city centre BT exchange so I've been without internet access since Friday. Hopefully it'll be fixed by the time I get home tonight.

Those whose cheques I've received will have full access by lunchtime today if they've not got it already. Obviously if your cheque bounces, I'll be cancelling it though ;)

Also, could the unidentified person who posted me ?10 in cash from France please contact me as I have no idea what username you use!!

I didn't realise that you would accept foreign currencies as well. I could have sent you Belorusian Roubles instead of the cheque, which appears to be limping its way to Soton. I would then have been the only person to have to pay over 20 grand for their subscription (1 pound = 4 200 roubles; 5 pounds is 21 000 - and some people are moaning at a fiver ;-)). And, in case you are now worried, the cheque is from a U.K. bank account and not a Belorusian one.

N.B. My reasons for having to send a cheque is that residents of Belarus, and no doubt many other countries, are not permitted to use paypal. And this is the first time that such a ruling has really annoyed me. I will be soooo happy when I can make more than 3 posts a day again!

I heard Paul Allens little brother Dangerous Dave Allen wishes to take us over ...he's willing to take us over and pump in 100million monoploy dollars as long as he gets to keep all the rent from Mayfair and that side of the board. He will be arriving via Space craft next Friday so keep an eye out on his provisional landing aread of Southampton water around about 12:02 on that day. DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER I'm not ITK just passing on what I heard from my mates milk man!

goodnight god bless and may your god go with you, there was me thinking Dave Allen was dead, luck of the irish for ya!!!

I manage to comunicate with people all over the world at no extra cost to my normal outgoings in this age of email and free texts so the thought of shelling out more money on something which wont actually better my family's or my life is not up for discussion.

When my situation changes I will pay up but until then I will take a back seat with my 3 posts a day. :D

Spend less time on your computer and more time looking to make more money! :)

I heard Paul Allens little brother Dangerous Dave Allen wishes to take us over ...he's willing to take us over and pump in 100million monoploy dollars as long as he gets to keep all the rent from Mayfair and that side of the board. He will be arriving via Space craft next Friday so keep an eye out on his provisional landing aread of Southampton water around about 12:02 on that day. DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER I'm not ITK just passing on what I heard from my mates milk man!

Hey Stu, I always wanted to make up a take over thread. Kudos to this one.

tbh i paid my money but think it has become a bit boring and sterile on here,hopefully it will pick up.

i long for the days when a low post screwball used to come on and stir the sh1t,rubbing people up the wrong way etc.

I have always thought you were one of the best at it, so get back to it.