Hillsborough

Thedelldays

I'm not being "hard", I'm expressing an opinion that you don't like. By all means the families and the city of Liverpool are allowed to celebrate this and mourn the dead again but excuse me if I find the constant coverage tiresome. It's a tragedy just like many other tragic events that happened when I wasn't really old enough to appreciate it. I hope those directly affected have a degree of closure and I agree with whelk that it should absolutely not be ignored completely in the murdoch press but neither should it be analysed from every conceivable angle such as asking passers by on the street for their opinion. I'm fully prepared for the abuse or the incredulous posts because that's the easy response rather than engaging your brain and thinking about it. Thanks to those who can discuss it sensibly.

It sounds like you still aren't old enough to appreciate it!!! And yes, I have engaged my brain and you are still a callous ***t.

It sounds like you still aren't old enough to appreciate it!!! And yes, I have engaged my brain and you are still a callous ***t.

Thanks but I don't need a lecture about being callous from someone who uses autism for point scoring and who thinks the McCanns murdered their child and covered it up.

Thanks but I don't need a lecture about being callous from someone who uses autism for point scoring and who thinks the McCanns murdered their child and covered it up.

Got to love your brass neck. I didn't use autism for point scoring I just asked a question of you (which you still haven't answered). Nor did I make fun of mental health (like your mate Fry did). I have also never said that the McCanns murdered their own child (ps the investigating officer believes that they covered up her death) but feel free to go on making things up.....or are you too busy listening to the radio? :D

By the way, I would avoid Radio 2 right now if I were you, they are talking about Hillsborough again. :?

Your comments today have been appalling, even by your own low standards.

Edited by sadoldgit

I see they are having a vigil and a two minute silence. The people of Liverpool will be so pleased. Fair enough if people want to see these papers, but it doesn't bring anyone back, as a relative says it will just open old wounds. It's largely pointless.

Even back in 2012 it was boring you it seems. "Largely pointless." Well mate you got that wrong didn't you!!!

If I were going to listen to anyone's mock outrage it would most certainly not be you considering previous comments you have made and the lack of judgement and intellect you have demonstrated time and time again. Your main problem once again is a lack of understanding. This time it is regarding criticism of the media and it's coverage which isn't the same as criticising the families of those involved in the tragedy. The only thing appaling around here is when you try to use autism to point score and then pretend you didn't.

Edited by hypochondriac

It seems a lot of mistakes where made that day but was today's decision made against today's standards or those of the times. The point I make is there was relentless trouble at football matches at the time and I'm sure it clouded the decision making of those in control. Think back to the Heysel disaster, which only took place 4 years earlier, rampaging Liverpool fans ending in 39 deaths and 600 injured. Did this and week after week of trouble at football all contribute to the wrong decision being made.

Faced with massing crowds at Hillsborough did the police/authorities panic to get the fans off the streets to try and prevent possible trouble that was rife at the time in English football and resulted in wrong decisions being made?!?

The crime that needs prosecution: is the lies and criminal actions of the police and other of authorities that lied and tried to cover up the mistakes by blaming solely the fans.

Unfortunately, the pessimist in thinks that all that will happen next is financial claims for compensation being made against the police.

The greatest sympathy to the families...but time to let those that died RIP

Sums up my opinion of it all. Any police that lied or covered up should be prosecuted but the events on the day were just an unfortunate tragedy with many contributing factors, the Police didn't mean to kill anyone.

If the police had not ****ed up the 96 would still be alive, but also if so many football fans in the 1980's were not such violent ****s there would have been no fences and the the 96 would still be alive. If the police didn't think the Liverpool and Forest fans would try to kick the sh!t out of each other there would have been more turnstiles open and maybe there wouldn't have been a need to open a gate.

If I were going to listen to anyone's mock outrage it would most certainly not be you considering previous comments you have made and the lack of judgement and intellect you have demonstrated time and time again. Your main problem once again is a lack of understanding. This time it is regarding criticism of the media and it's coverage which isn't the same as criticising the families of those involved in the tragedy. The only thing appaling around here is when you try to use autism to point score and then pretend you didn't.

Once again, just for you, I asked if you had a problem. Nothing to do with point scoring as you clearly have some kind of obsessive personality.

It will be interesting to see what you post if the victims of this tragedy get financial recompense as you seemed to have a thing about that back in 2012.

This not mock outrage mate. Your posts have been appalling. The media are covering it because it is a major news story. Sorry if that interrupts your enjoyment of the radio or TV or where ever else it pops up. It is a big deal and way bigger than your petty prejudices against Liverpool.

Once again, just for you, I asked if you had a problem. Nothing to do with point scoring as you clearly have some kind of obsessive personality.

It will be interesting to see what you post if the victims of this tragedy get financial recompense as you seemed to have a thing about that back in 2012.

This not mock outrage mate. Your posts have been appalling. The media are covering it because it is a major news story. Sorry if that interrupts your enjoyment of the radio or TV or where ever else it pops up. It is a big deal and way bigger than your petty prejudices against Liverpool.

You had insulted me previously and then asked me if I was autistic or had aspergers. Firstly even if I were I'm not sure why that would be of interest to you and secondly the clear implication was that there was something negative with having either of these conditions. It's all written down and you will now deny it but everyone else knows what you meant from these despicable comments. You then have the nerve to lecture others about the types of things that you yourself have been engaged in.

Whilst I am pleased they have found the truth, I found the immediate talk about financial compensation pretty distasteful. I can honestly say that if I were in that situation, compensation would be the absolute last thing on my mind. I would hope that is the same for the families affected.

So are you happy now that the main driver was a quest for the truth rather than money?

Sums up my opinion of it all. Any police that lied or covered up should be prosecuted but the events on the day were just an unfortunate tragedy with many contributing factors, the Police didn't mean to kill anyone.

If the police had not ****ed up the 96 would still be alive, but also if so many football fans in the 1980's were not such violent ****s there would have been no fences and the the 96 would still be alive. If the police didn't think the Liverpool and Forest fans would try to kick the sh!t out of each other there would have been more turnstiles open and maybe there wouldn't have been a need to open a gate.

agree there

You had insulted me previously and then asked me if I was autistic or had aspergers. Firstly even if I were I'm not sure why that would be of interest to you and secondly the clear implication was that there was something negative with having either of these conditions. It's all written down and you will now deny it but everyone else knows what you meant from these despicable comments. You then have the nerve to lecture others about the types of things that you yourself have been engaged in.

I am not denying it. You clearly have some kind of obsessive thing going on and I have been trying to find out why. As for despicable comments, how are you going to explain that to people on the spectrum? People have those conditions. I have had depression. I am not going to go off on one if someone suggests that someone else is depressed (which is a mental illness). S

However, you are just trying to deflect attention from your earlier appalling comments.

And as for insulting people. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Very much so when I'm trying to listen to something interesting on the radio and they keep cutting away every five minutes to report on it again. It's a tragic occurence but the court case isn't going to bring them back and going over and over the same things including asking passers by on the street achieves nothing. I don't blame the victims but I do blame the media. All it does is have the opposite effect of what is intended- to lessen the impact of these sort of things and report upon it with such frequency that many people stop caring. *stands back and waits for the next poster to run in screaming abuse.

Just a reminder.......

You're clearly some sort of Liverpool fan. I get you're passionate about this issue but you really need to calm down just because someone has the view that fans had a portion of the blame too. It's a tragedy whoever is to blame but I can't be the only one bored by the interminable coverage of it all.

96 fans die illegally. Police cover up. But poor old Hypo is bored by the coverage? Aw, bless.

He's still going! And you reckon I have an obsession? I stand by my comments, the reporting as with all major disasters in this country is over the top (look at the coverage given to celebrity deaths for example) and the media disects things from every angle which only serves to lessen the effect of said tragedy. Just because you disagree abd think that sort of thing is disgusting doesn't make it less of a valid opinion. Your obsession with me is a bit weird but I'd never be as disgusting as to suggest you have some sort of mental illness.

Good post and sums up my views. I hope all involved can now move on but if anyone has obviously broken the law then they should also be dealt with.

I totally agree with the Colonels and aintforver's quotes .

They were dark days then with all the violence . ps we mustn't forget the 39 who died at the Heysel Stadium eitherv

I totally agree with the Colonels and aintforver's quotes .

They were dark days then with all the violence . ps we mustn't forget the 39 who died at the Heysel Stadium eitherv

Just as long as they don't go on about it when Hypo is trying to catch up with The Archers.

I suggest some of you read the conclusions of the enquiry - this is in a handy form: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/26/hillsborough-inquests-jury-says-96-victims-were-unlawfully-killed

The new match commander didn't have a clue, arrogantly made no effort to inform himself of the nature of his command (compare with previous commander) and then lied for years even through previous enquiries. The police sought, as some have on here, to blame the nature of football fans for their own failings and lack of professionalism. I was mislead at the time by the 'drunken football fans' narrative, but this latest enquiry proves that the campaigners were right, and right to continue their fight.

Many people there that day will remember the crush and being lifted off your feet.

I was there that day in those very same pens right behind the goal and I can clearly remember it being somewhere on the wrong side of the exhilarating/terrifying continuum, in fact it was pretty much the embodiment of 'unsafe standing'. I always have a little shudder at the memory whenever this comes up and I find it really difficult just imagining what those people went through, victims and rescuers and survivors.

Clearly major strategic mistakes were made and it rapidly deteriorated into a total clusterthing with those in charge seemingly powerless to react or coordinate any sort of plan to limit the damage. Inter-weaved with the major parts it's the detail that really gets you, father and son, boyfriend girlfriend, the police eating chicken and chips in the morgue, parents unable to comfort their dead children with all bodies being declared property of the coroner, police officers more concerned with covering their own backs and getting their story into the media than providing facilities for the relatives of the bereaved.

Massive respect to those in the groups and the journalists with them; these people have laid down 27 years of their lives in the pursuit of truth and justice and they have exposed massive lies and corruption within the police and media and the establishment. I'm sorry that some people had their radio and television programmes interrupted yesterday but this is probably one of the biggest domestic news stories of the last 30 years.

You seem to have an obsession with the nature of football fans. Thatchereque.

Pathetic and hard to believe so many agreeing with what is a crock of sh it

Again, it's not the families that are subject to criticism, it's the media and how they choose to report on things.

So the media should not report on the biggest story around and all of the media coverage has not been to your liking? Nothing to do with your petty prejudices towards Liverpool then?

So the media should not report on the biggest story around and all of the media coverage has not been to your liking? Nothing to do with your petty prejudices towards Liverpool then?

Once again putting words in my mouth. Where did I say the media should not report on it?

He's still going! And you reckon I have an obsession? I stand by my comments, the reporting as with all major disasters in this country is over the top (look at the coverage given to celebrity deaths for example) and the media disects things from every angle which only serves to lessen the effect of said tragedy. Just because you disagree abd think that sort of thing is disgusting doesn't make it less of a valid opinion. Your obsession with me is a bit weird but I'd never be as disgusting as to suggest you have some sort of mental illness.

"Disgusting" Is having a mental illness disgusting then? By the way, do you know what an imbecile is? You know, that word you called me recently. "Idiot, cretin, halfwit, dunce, simpleton," Each of those words infer some kind of mental impairment do they not? Here's a word for you. Hypocrite.

Nice that you stand by your comments and I am sorry that you are bored by this story and wish those awful folk from Liverpool would just go away. For someone who is bored by the Hillsborough covereage isn't it a bit odd that you are spending so much time on a Hillsborough internet thread? Sorry too that you have to put up with so much coverage when someone famous dies. Perhaps just best ignore those stories too if they bore you so much?

Now while we are at it and given the number of times that you have accused me of making things up, go find where I have accused the McCanns of murdering their daughter or give me an apology. While you are at it, look up the issue of transference. I'll give you a hint, it has something to do with accusing someone of doing something that you do yourself.

Edited by sadoldgit

Once again putting words in my mouth. Where did I say the media should not report on it?

But you have been complaining about the media coverage and the fact that it gets in the way of your listening pleasure on the radio??

Edited by sadoldgit

But you have been complaining about the media coverage and the fact that it gets in the way of your listening pleasure on the radio??

If you could comprehend anything you would realise that I was complaining about the amount of coverage and the type (interviewing random passers by and celebs etc) rather than the fact that they reported on it at all.

I was there that day in those very same pens right behind the goal and I can clearly remember it being somewhere on the wrong side of the exhilarating/terrifying continuum, in fact it was pretty much the embodiment of 'unsafe standing'. I always have a little shudder at the memory whenever this comes up and I find it really difficult just imagining what those people went through, victims and rescuers and survivors.

It was scary as fook and "Hillsborough" always makes me think that it could so easily been us.

If you could comprehend anything you would realise that I was complaining about the amount of coverage and the type (interviewing random passers by and celebs etc) rather than the fact that they reported on it at all.

You were clearly getting bored by it back in 2012 so I can see why you are even more bored by it all now. By the way, would you be so bored if 96 Saints fans had died under the same circumstances?

Very much so when I'm trying to listen to something interesting on the radio and they keep cutting away every five minutes to report on it again. It's a tragic occurence but the court case isn't going to bring them back and going over and over the same things including asking passers by on the street achieves nothing. I don't blame the victims but I do blame the media. All it does is have the opposite effect of what is intended- to lessen the impact of these sort of things and report upon it with such frequency that many people stop caring. *stands back and waits for the next poster to run in screaming abuse.

I refer you to your first sentence as above. Says it all doesn't it! And blows your attempt at back tracking out of the water.

By the way, found any evidence of me accusing the McCanns of murdering their daughter yet?

I refer you to your first sentence as above. Says it all doesn't it! And blows your attempt at back tracking out of the water.

By the way, found any evidence of me accusing the McCanns of murdering their daughter yet?

You're talking absolute nonsense once again. All that sentence does is underline what I have been saying- I'm complaining about the frequency and type of the coverage rather than the fact it has been reported on. Just because you can't understand it you describe it as backtracking? Odd.

You're talking absolute nonsense once again. All that sentence does is underline what I have been saying- I'm complaining about the frequency and type of the coverage rather than the fact it has been reported on. Just because you can't understand it you describe it as backtracking? Odd.

I and several other people who called you on your post originally know exactly what you are saying. So would you be so bored by it all if it was 96 Saints fans who died??

Found the McCann evidence yet??

I and several other people who called you on your post originally know exactly what you are saying. So would you be so bored by it all if it was 96 Saints fans who died??

Found the McCann evidence yet??

You're now either wilfully misunderstanding me or you're just thick. My post was clear and at no point did I say the media should not report on it. I don't care if you think you know what I meant, you're wrong. As usual.

I'm not being "hard", I'm expressing an opinion that you don't like. By all means the families and the city of Liverpool are allowed to celebrate this and mourn the dead again but excuse me if I find the constant coverage tiresome. It's a tragedy just like many other tragic events that happened when I wasn't really old enough to appreciate it. I hope those directly affected have a degree of closure and I agree with whelk that it should absolutely not be ignored completely in the murdoch press but neither should it be analysed from every conceivable angle such as asking passers by on the street for their opinion. I'm fully prepared for the abuse or the incredulous posts because that's the easy response rather than engaging your brain and thinking about it. Thanks to those who can discuss it sensibly.

"I find the constant coverage tiresome." No mention of the type of coverage just the amount. Biggest news story of the day and it gets the constant treatment because, well, it is the biggest story of the day. But you find it "boring" and "tiresome." Anything to do with them being from Liverpool maybe? Less boring if they were Saints fans maybe? Thoughts?

You're now either wilfully misunderstanding me or you're just thick. My post was clear and at no point did I say the media should not report on it. I don't care if you think you know what I meant, you're wrong. As usual.

Don't think so mate. Found the McCanns stuff yet?

"I find the constant coverage tiresome." No mention of the type of coverage just the amount. Biggest news story of the day and it gets the constant treatment because, well, it is the biggest story of the day. But you find it "boring" and "tiresome." Anything to do with them being from Liverpool maybe? Less boring if they were Saints fans maybe? Thoughts?

So I guess your ignoring later in that same paragraph where I talk about analysing it from every conceivable angle and interviewing random passers by then? So erm I had a problem with the frequency and the type of coverage. Exactly as I said in the paragraph you just posted. Not sure why it being saints fans would make much difference, if the media acted in a similar way then no doubt I'd feel the same.

So I guess your ignoring later in that same paragraph where I talk about analysing it from every conceivable angle and interviewing random passers by then? So erm I had a problem with the frequency and the type of coverage. Exactly as I said in the paragraph you just posted. Not sure why it being saints fans would make much difference, if the media acted in a similar way then no doubt I'd feel the same.

Right so you would have written exactly the same things if they were Saints fans and not Liverpool fans? Okay.

Still worried about the compensation claims?

You're right. Probably best I leave it there. I genuinely think there may be something the matter with him.

I think he feels it is his moral duty to come here and put everything right that he thinks is wrong, all of the time.

I dont know how many times you explained your post but he still goes on and on (I have been there with him)

Ah Batman and Hypo, bless em. Doesn't have the same ring as Batman and Robin though.

Well Hypo, it appears that you are the only one who has a problem with the coverage of Hillsborough. That might tell you something.

Oh, and you wont find anything about me saying the McCanns murdered their child. You made that up. Oh, the irony ;)

It seems a lot of mistakes where made that day but was today's decision made against today's standards or those of the times. The point I make is there was relentless trouble at football matches at the time and I'm sure it clouded the decision making of those in control. Think back to the Heysel disaster, which only took place 4 years earlier, rampaging Liverpool fans ending in 39 deaths and 600 injured. Did this and week after week of trouble at football all contribute to the wrong decision being made.

Faced with massing crowds at Hillsborough did the police/authorities panic to get the fans off the streets to try and prevent possible trouble that was rife at the time in English football and resulted in wrong decisions being made?!?

The crime that needs prosecution: is the lies and criminal actions of the police and other of authorities that lied and tried to cover up the mistakes by blaming solely the fans.

Unfortunately, the pessimist in thinks that all that will happen next is financial claims for compensation being made against the police.

The greatest sympathy to the families...but time to let those that died RIP

Well there's already been a suspension at high level in the Yorkshire Police. Hopefully some of them will go to prison.

I think he feels it is his moral duty to come here and put everything right that he thinks is wrong, all of the time.

I dont know how many times you explained your post but he still goes on and on (I have been there with him)

And you feel its your moral duty to point out the daily wrong doings of Muslims. Any thoughts on the Hillsborough situation whilst you are here?

So why was it so much better organised the year before as someone has said on here? You make it sound like all fans had it coming and if 500 had died back at the Dell one day it would've been their own damn fault for going.