Svensson -no reaction after reserves

NickG

Cork is best at CM as in the Norwich and Doncaster games, and for that matter last night's U-21 game.I'd like to see him team up with Morgan in CM as I think that would be our best pairing.

That said we are then short at RB and on Saturday in this case CB. I think there is a case for Cork at CB (with Perry)on Saturday as Reading are quick and clever rather than big up front. We are missing Pearce and Lancashire's timing of a tackle and distribution isn't great.

We should however be appreciative of the fact that Cork has played here, there and everywhere without a grumble (a lot to ask of a 19 year old) .....a good pro wth an old head on his young body methinks. We should be battering down Chelsea's door to extend his loan period to the end of the year as he papers over a lot of cracks....

Svennson is finished, if he plays Saturday, he will be out again for 4-5 weeks

have to agree, as much as it's good to have him on for tha odd 20 mins or so of a game we really must accept that hes never gonna be fit/injury free enough to start regularly. Sad to say it but hes past it

All players who played in the reserve game were given yesterday morning off training, but Killer still showed up. He didn't train with the first team squad, but went into the gym. I think he was doing bleep tests at one point. There's commitment for you.

Lallana, Cork and Pearce were all absent due to the U21 call ups. All in all, there were only about 15 players there, but there seemed to be an upbeat attitude.

Spoke to Wayne Thomas aswell, said he hoped to be back in a couple of months.

All players who played in the reserve game were given yesterday morning off training, but Killer still showed up. He didn't train with the first team squad, but went into the gym. I think he was doing bleep tests at one point. There's commitment for you.

Lallana, Cork and Pearce were all absent due to the U21 call ups. All in all, there were only about 15 players there, but there seemed to be an upbeat attitude.

Spoke to Wayne Thomas aswell, said he hoped to be back in a couple of months.

Sounds good. I dont think anyone doubts killers commitment but his fitness and match sharpness are things that will be very very difficult for him to get back.

it wasn't just his lack of sharpness it was his inability to get off the ground and win headers that worried me the last time he played in the first team. Boy do we need a good headerer of the ball on Saturday to combat there big centre backs on set pieces.

it wasn't just his lack of sharpness it was his inability to get off the ground and win headers that worried me the last time he played in the first team. Boy do we need a good headerer of the ball on Saturday to combat there big centre backs on set pieces.

when he was at his best that was all bread and butter to him, when he came back at 1st it seemed he hadnt lost that ability but like you said, that last game he played for us it looked like he had no spring and was no-where near full speed.

I'd give anything to have the Svensson/Lundekvam partnership of yesteryear back :(

However, I think we should play Wotton alongside Perry on Saturday. A bit of a slow lumpy pairing, but they ought to stop Reading's strikers (who are a bit flimsy according to my Reading supporting friends) with enough physical presence to be able to deal with set pieces.

Cork--Wotton--Perry--Skacel

Although nowhere near the best back four we can put out, it ought to be enough. We need to be solid in midfield and not give away possession which could put our defence under pressure. We need to keep the shape of the defence and not let defenders wander away which leaves gaps for their strikers to move into. And above all, we need to play with confidence.

COYR!

I'd give anything to have the Svensson/Lundekvam partnership of yesteryear back :(

However, I think we should play Wotton alongside Perry on Saturday. A bit of a slow lumpy pairing, but they ought to stop Reading's strikers (who are a bit flimsy according to my Reading supporting friends) with enough physical presence to be able to deal with set pieces.

Cork--Wotton--Perry--Skacel

Although nowhere near the best back four we can put out, it ought to be enough. We need to be solid in midfield and not give away possession which could put our defence under pressure. We need to keep the shape of the defence and not let defenders wander away which leaves gaps for their strikers to move into. And above all, we need to play with confidence.

COYR!

If they are a bit flimsy, then I'd say we don't need a couple of brick sh*thouses to counter them, but we do need a bit of pace. Lancashire has been playing poor, but I'd play him ahead of Wotton because he does at least offer that.

Imudia was lightning quick for the reserves on Monday and made some great interceptions at CB. He also kept a clean sheet. FWIW I still wouldn't go there as he is too short, but he could be an option if needed.

Mills also played well for the reserves and I'd have him in at LB. Having seen Skacel in training, his crossing really is a class above anything else we've got. He can also shoot a lot better than DMG.

If they are a bit flimsy, then I'd say we don't need a couple of brick sh*thouses to counter them, but we do need a bit of pace. Lancashire has been playing poor, but I'd play him ahead of Wotton because he does at least offer that.

Imudia was lightning quick for the reserves on Monday and made some great interceptions at CB. He also kept a clean sheet. FWIW I still wouldn't go there as he is too short, but he could be an option if needed.

Mills also played well for the reserves and I'd have him in at LB. Having seen Skacel in training, his crossing really is a class above anything else we've got. He can also shoot a lot better than DMG.

yes I see that he has scored a lot more goals than Mcgoldrick a whole 0 this season ;)

Edited by Mr X

yes I see that he has scored a lot more goals than Mcgoldrick a whole 0 this season ;)

Hence, play him in midfield.

Seriously though, who was the last fullback to score more than once from open play in a season? :-k DMGs shooting was erratic to say the least. He also seemed to run out of puff a bit towards the end.

Hence, play him in midfield.

Seriously though, who was the last fullback to score more than once from open play in a season? :-k DMGs shooting was erratic to say the least. He also seemed to run out of puff a bit towards the end.

agreed skacel doesnt belong at LB it's a criminal waste! I know we are short at the back but why play somone out of position? do you think he will start scoring from midfield then? cos he hasn't exactly been prolific there

agreed skacel doesnt belong at LB it's a criminal waste! I know we are short at the back but why play somone out of position? do you think he will start scoring from midfield then? cos he hasn't exactly been prolific there

Well, he scored 4 goals by Christmas in the playoff season, before getting injured and then dropped. A few midfielders have matched that in recent seasons, but none of them have bettered it. Neither could BWP or Saganowski in the first half of last season.

Stats aside, from watching him in training, Skacel can shoot and on yesterday's showing he was better than DMG.

Euell also looked pretty useful. The only player who could finish off crosses with any real conviction.

Well, he scored 4 goals by Christmas in the playoff season, before getting injured and then dropped. A few midfielders have matched that in recent seasons, but none of them have bettered it. Neither could BWP or Saganowski in the first half of last season.

Stats aside, from watching him in training, Skacel can shoot and on yesterday's showing he was better than DMG.

Euell also looked pretty useful. The only player who could finish off crosses with any real conviction.

fair enough, I still think skacel is ridiculously overated by the majority on here he's never shown anything at saints to suggest he is capable of the form he showed at hearts a serial underahiever but than I suppose most of our team are

If he plays again for the first team before the end of the year I will have lost my bet, not that I am worried about the bet would be good to see him back but will he ever be the same player and will he be able to play more than once every two months.
you may as well play me girl ,we will be torn up for s#ithouse paper if he plays saturday,see you there doll /stan&the fairoak gang.

Svensson is now a major doubt for tomorrow,he has been struck down by "illness".

Yeah, right, what a load of complete bolllocks.

When is the club going to stop the spin and insulting our intelligence over him. It's as plain as f**k he's had another reaction in his knee to his 45mins reserves and is never going to play for us again.

I suppose it serves a purpose - it drags out the time required to get another CB in on loan with more favourable contract terms (no appearance fees) than Perry