Theo praises Saints style..

eelpie

..but wouldn't it be good if Arsenal and the big clubs loaned us some quality young players when Lallana, Schneidelin and Surman have been flogged off in January -like Wolves loan of Mancienne from Chelsea. It could benefit them as much as us.

Who would you suggest?

A lot of clubs and people seem to be warming to the way we play. Which is nice to hear. It could benefit us in the future. The only thing is, if we dont start winning then the big clubs wont loan us players if we are in League One. I said to myself at the start of the season we would struggle up to crimbo. I am still believing that. 2009 could be our year!! COYR

Great bit of propaganda from the OS. Walcott sings the praises of the system of playing so many of the youngsters, but it didn't stop him leaving when a top Premiership club waved its chequebook under his nose, did it? Come on, Theo, exercise a bit of imagination and predict what will be the outcome when any half decent player gets the same opportunity that you did to earn considerably more and play in the top division. Let's hear your opinion on whether we can continue producing high quality youngsters in enough numbers to keep afloat and whether the team is improved or weakened when they are sold. Whilst you're at it, tell us how many fans have stopped going because they liked watching players like you and at the moment they are less and less likely to watch any stars in the near future because they will all be sold before they can fully develop.

..but wouldn't it be good if Arsenal and the big clubs loaned us some quality young players when Lallana, Schneidelin and Surman have been flogged off in January -like Wolves loan of Mancienne from Chelsea. It could benefit them as much as us.

Who would you suggest?

But that is a risk in intself, weren't Spuds keen to loan us Pekhart as they believed he was the next big thing.......turns out he isn't.

Don't want to end up being an experimental shop for the big boys thanks.

Great bit of propaganda from the OS. Walcott sings the praises of the system of playing so many of the youngsters, but it didn't stop him leaving when a top Premiership club waved its chequebook under his nose, did it? Come on, Theo, exercise a bit of imagination and predict what will be the outcome when any half decent player gets the same opportunity that you did to earn considerably more and play in the top division. Let's hear your opinion on whether we can continue producing high quality youngsters in enough numbers to keep afloat and whether the team is improved or weakened when they are sold. Whilst you're at it, tell us how many fans have stopped going because they liked watching players like you and at the moment they are less and less likely to watch any stars in the near future because they will all be sold before they can fully develop.

I agree. It is a disgrace

Give me some journeymen any day of the week.

No shame on the OS or at this club

Anything to pretend all is well with the world

Brilliant we keep losing but never mind our pretty football is admired expecially by those who pick up the points and probably those who we are about to play.

We can't score we can't defend and the crowd is melting away apart from that it is going rather well

Wes has got it spot on, don’t believe the hype!

We’ve endured many a “rallying call” and should expect a certain degree of the obligatory football club spin but, is it me or do Saints do more than their fair share?! Maybe, because we have so little success and results to actually praise, we try and dupe the fans with poorly thought out, intelligence insulting propaganda (Let’s not mention the Echo…OOPS! Too late)

However, this is rich. Ex youth player (in the media spot light) who was sold too early, gets a phone call to big up his old club, and their new style of play. FFS – just don’t bother. As stated, it wasn’t good enough to keep him at Saints for an extra season (ok, you can’t blame him) when he hit form and got media attention but using him as an ambassador to big up a failing regime makes me chuckle with irony.

Theo is quoted as saying "It's mainly that FA Youth Cup team from 2005..." Sorry Theo but it bears almost no resemblance to that team. Only McGoldrick from the team that started in the 2nd leg is regular this season. Lallana was on the bench, and James started. All of the other 13 players involved that night are as far as I know no longer at the Club, admittedly Dyer is still our player but is on loan at Sheff Utd.

I like Theo, but this is blatant propaganda on the OS, with no basis in reality. I honestly wonder whether Theo has actually seen us play this season.

But the flip side is if noone leaves the way you describe we either go bust or we have to ramp down recruitment of the promising youngsters. Frankly, even when we were top flight we needed a few player sales to make the numbers add up. Now it's just not an option to turn down a decent offer. And, frankly even if we wanted to Mr Barclays would probably insist. We could do with selling a Theo or two every year, I'm afraid, as that way we can afford to at least keep some semblance of a club running.

Short of a white knight that's the only way we can finance a recovery I'm sorry to say.

This is the same for all but about half a dozen clubs in the whole country, outside those few there's always going to be a big pull when Arsenal, Chelsea or ManYoo come calling and a big push from the bank when even a small PL cllub looks like opening its coffers

We’ve endured many a “rallying call” and should expect a certain degree of the obligatory football club spin but, is it me or do Saints do more than their fair share?! Maybe, because we have so little success and results to actually praise, we try and dupe the fans with poorly thought out, intelligence insulting propaganda (Let’s not mention the Echo…OOPS! Too late)

However, this is rich. Ex youth player (in the media spot light) who was sold too early, gets a phone call to big up his old club, and their new style of play. FFS – just don’t bother. As stated, it wasn’t good enough to keep him at Saints for an extra season (ok, you can’t blame him) when he hit form and got media attention but using him as an ambassador to big up a failing regime makes me chuckle with irony.

On the OS it states that Theo did the interview for The Offical Arsenal Magazine. Does that mean we have infiltrated their ranks too? Spin gone mad I tell thee!!

I agree Gordon, we'd be all better off if we all topped ourselves. Who's going first?

I read in the paper earlier this week that Theo's recurring shoulder injury could be an hereditary condition.

Perhaps this shines a new light on why he left SFC 'prematurely'?

Perhaps Theo and his Dad alerted the club to the condition who then concocted an early exit plan to get the club as much money as possible before the hereditary nature of the condition became public...?

That's gotta be worth an 8 on the conspiracy-ometer, surely?

Does anyone else like me not really think of or care about the likes of Walcott and Bale as ex Saints players given the short time they played for the 1st team before leaving.

I usually take an interest in ex Saints players after they leave like Shearer, Flowers, Beattie etc who at least stayed here a little while but don't really consider the likes of Walcott, Bale, Best, Blackstock, Crannie etc the same.

A youngster who will barely have watched us this season praises us, when an experienced player and pundit who also happens to be a Saints legend says we need to stop the experiment now.

Who do you listen to?

ahem

"You need some experienced players in there sometimes, but you need to give the young lads a chance as well to gain that experience and be stronger for next year. So I think next season they'll push on and hopefully be in the top six with a chance of going up."

Sounds to me much what MLT was saying

Spot on Wes, obviously intended to counter MLT dismissal of the current set up. Mind you I know who I would akin to , that is MLT a man who choose to stick with SFC dispite numerous offers, not some kid who was obsessed and star struck with Terry Henry...usual load of Bolooocks from the O/S