Legod Third Coming

Mine:

----------------------Davis-------------------------

Cork------------Svensson-----Pearce---------Skacel

----------------Schneiderlin---Surman---------------

-----------------------Lallana-----------------------

Saganowski-----------------------------------Holmes

-----------------------Rasiak------------------------

Subs (from): Forecast, Bialkowski, Lancashire, Perry, Wotton, Wright-Phillips, John, McGoldrick, Mills, James,

Lallana and McGoldrick need some coaching in shooting. They both tend to scuff their shots and if they hit it, it balloons high. They both need to learn to lift the ball over an advancing goalkeeper.

I have lost count of the goals missed one on one, saved by hitting the goalkeeper, especially McGoldrick.

BWP McGoldrick Lallana

------Gasmi (worth a try)

I have only included currently fit and available players.

Edited by derry

Mine:

----------------------Davis-------------------------

Cork------------Svensson-----Pearce---------Skacel

----------------Schneiderlin---Surman---------------

-----------------------Lallana-----------------------

Saganowski-----------------------------------Holmes

-----------------------Rasiak------------------------

Subs (from): Forecast, Bialkowski, Lancashire, Perry, Wotton, Wright-Phillips, John, McGoldrick, Mills, James,

Considering Rasiak is on loan for the season and Svensoon injured not a bad try

Peopl saying Saga and Rasiak are so deluded its funny. They arent really our players anymore.

Also for a so called international Saga was as poor last season as anyone has been this season so far!

Strange, I thought we held the registrations to all three still. :rolleyes:

Unless the FA sneaked in a law change that is :rolleyes:

How's Skacel doing for his new club following the loan to Herta Berlin ?

Oh......:rolleyes:

Strange, I thought we held the registrations to all three still. :rolleyes:

Unless the FA sneaked in a law change that is :rolleyes:

How's Skacel doing for his new club following the loan to Herta Berlin ?

Oh......:rolleyes:

Well whats our best team Alpine thats the question?

Rasiak John Saga are currently unavailable

Edited by John B

Well whats our best team Alpine thats the question?

Rasiak John Saga are currently unavailable

Well, if Saga and Stern have done soooo shiit as Saint Charlie and Washsaint claim, they will be available for selection before the likes of Killer and Wayne Thomas, so that makes them Saints players in my book.

Why if they are on loan and cannot play for us

They are able to be recalled or not depending on the terms of the

loan deal.

Do you know the terms or are you just speculating?

FWIW I bloody hope we can bring on (preferably John) as we desperately need

a goalscorer as who we currently have available for selection are

not going to score enough.

Mine may be a bit controversial but what the ****!

-------------Davies

Cork----- Pearce Perry------Rudi

Lallana Schneiderlin Surman Holmes

-------------McGoldrick

-------------Patterson

my 11 too. Patterson looks quality to me and McGoldrick looks best in the hole down the middle.

Edited by Chez

Hello, anyone home ?

They are still registered to us and two of those 3 strikers are back in 4 weeks.

Which means they will probably be available for selection before Killer, who has been included in some people's best elevens

IMO John will sign for City in january, otherwise they would have taken him for the whole season.

Rasiak probably will be back, but we will have to loan him out again.

IMO John will sign for City in january, otherwise they would have taken him for the whole season.

don't see your logic about Stern. Perhaps they just wanted a short term loan to see how he fitted in. If he doesn't do the business they can gie him a miss.

Rasiak is on loan for the season. Its Dobie thats back.

Rasiak has a season long loan. It's Saga who will be back in January. And he will be back, even if he then goes out somewhere else. He seems to have fallen out of favour with the new Aalborg manager and is scarcely in the team these days.

Chez, he is not Dobie. :)

He had healthy scoring records at Lodz (in 2 seperate spells), Legia and Vitoria.

why does everyone still put Rasiak in the team!? he was/ is so lazy and is nothing without a decent strike partner (kenwyne Jones). Some of you have clearly never seen the bloke play. I know people bang on about his scoring record, but if my nan stood in the box for 90 minutes im sure she could score at least once.

I think Euell and DMG would be the best strike partnership we have.

Rasiak has a season long loan. It's Saga who will be back in January. And he will be back, even if he then goes out somewhere else. He seems to have fallen out of favour with the new Aalborg manager and is scarcely in the team these days.

Chez, he is not Dobie. :)

He had healthy scoring records at Lodz (in 2 seperate spells), Legia and Vitoria.

as did Dobie in two spells at Carlise...

whatever way you look at it the guy is not wanted here (apart from by a percentage of the fans) and I just hope we can offload him permently as I don't want us to start paying his wages again come May 16th (or whenever the season ends).

After his first half against Wolves I wouldn't put Cork at RB but would want to make more use of him in the middle. I'd therefore go for:

Davis

James - Pearce - Perry - Skacel

Cork - Schneiderlin

BWP - Lallana - Surman

DMG

Admittedly there is still the problem of finishing as that team doesn't look prolific, however I don't believe that Stern would fit into our style of play because he's not mobile enough; Rasiak is away for the season and while Saga had a good first 6 months, he done so little for us and AAB for so long now that I don't think he'd be better than any of the starting 11 so I'd leave him on the bench.

For the bench I'd go for Bart / Tommy on rotation, Patterson, Saga, Holmes and Euell.

Saga, John and Patterson are all better strikers than DMG.

Patterson?! based on what about 40 minutes of football?

He looks a decent prospect but to say he's better than McGoldrick is ridiculous. McGoldrick has scored more this season already than Saga in 30 odd games last season.

Davies

James Pearce Perry Skacel

Cork Schneiderlin

Lallana Euell Holmes

McGoldrick

Subs: Forecast, Surman, BWP, Lancashire and Patterson

Depending on opposition I'd play Cork right back and bring in Surman to midfield. Use BWP as an impact sub or just play him on the wing against teams which we can expose with his pace.

Patterson?! based on what about 40 minutes of football?

He looks a decent prospect but to say he's better than McGoldrick is ridiculous. McGoldrick has scored more this season already than Saga in 30 odd games last season.

How many more games will DMG play before people realise he's just not good enough. His goal ratio answers that one.

Patterson deserves to be given as much of a chance that DMG has had, certainly seems more up for it.

Saga played about half that amount and with a team that didn't look anywhere near as good as this lot. I'm not convinced he would set the world alight, but I would start him ahead of DMG to see how he does in this new system.

Saganowski will not play again, it's just not worth thinking about him IMO. He started 14 games last season and came of the bench for 16, he scored 3 goals, McGoldrick already has twice as many goals as that from 23 games.

I know McGoldrick isn't the best finisher ever and at times he seems a bit disinterested but people are making him out to be a scape goat when in reality he's one of our better attacking players. If we replace him with Patterson we will have even less experience upfront and less of a goal threat.

Now Euell is back from his suspension I'd start him and McGoldrick together and I think that will get the best out of McGoldrick.

Saganowski will not play again, it's just not worth thinking about him IMO. He started 14 games last season and came of the bench for 16, he scored 3 goals, McGoldrick already has twice as many goals as that from 23 games.

I know McGoldrick isn't the best finisher ever and at times he seems a bit disinterested but people are making him out to be a scape goat when in reality he's one of our better attacking players. If we replace him with Patterson we will have even less experience upfront and less of a goal threat.

Now Euell is back from his suspension I'd start him and McGoldrick together and I think that will get the best out of McGoldrick.

completely agree, McGoldrick has the potential to be a class player and seems to have started to up the workrate in recent games. Against Wolves i thought he was quality against Mancienne.

People are going on about Patterson just like they did after Perkharts first 2 games where he looked half decent, before realising he was cr*p.

Doesn't really tell the story. For a start many of Saga's sub appearances were less than 10 minutes.

Colceshter, home - Came on with 30s of injury time left.

Ipswich, away - Came on in the 88th minute.

If we take the average length of time he was on the pitch for those sub appearances as 15 mins. 16 sub appearances works out roughly as 3 full games. That takes his total to 17 for the season.

If you take into account that DMG seems to have some God-given right to be on the pitch (22 starts, 1 sub and how many times can you remember him being taken off?) and the fact that 2 of those goals came in a League Cup tie against Exeter another was a penalty... he really isn't that good.

So...

DMG - 4 goals (3 from open play) in 22 full League games

Saga - 3 goals (4, but for some reason nobody counts his goal at PNE) in 17 Full League Games.

If any of that is unfair, please explain how.

Doesn't really tell the story. For a start many of Saga's sub appearances were less than 10 minutes.

If we take the average length of time he was on the pitch for those sub appearances as 15 mins. 16 sub appearances works out roughly as 3 full games. That takes his total to 17 for the season.

If you take into account that DMG seems to have some God-given right to be on the pitch (22 starts, 1 sub and how many times can you remember him being taken off?) and the fact that 2 of those goals came in a League Cup tie against Exeter another was a penalty... he really isn't that good.

So...

Saga - 3 goals (4, but for some reason nobody counts his goal at PNE) in 17 Full League Games.

You're right, none of your analysis is unfair. Also Saga played in a struggling team last season while DMG is playing in a young team learning the ropes, so they both face(d) different challenged. IMO the reason people cut DMG more slack is because he has come up through the ranks scoring at each level, he hasn't cost us much and he is showing signs of progress - much more effort and several decent goals - PNE, Norwich. Saga, on the other hand, gives the impression (primarily in terrms of goals scored) to have not delivered after commanding a decent fee and getting a juicy contract. Whether he has had a fair chance to deliver is arguable but I reckon that's the root of supporters feelings for each of them.

So...

None of it's unfair, football is all about opinions. All i'm trying to say is David McGoldrick gets way too much stick on here and from fans and Marek Saganowski is talked up to be some sort of footballing god. McGoldrick is better than the majority on here think and will hopefully keep getting better, Saganowski is a decent player he's just not as good as some people think.

I'd love to see Saganowski back in the first team if we can afford his wages as he offers a bit of experience we lack but it's not like Saganowski = goals.

End of the day I don't think we will see Saganowski in a Saints shirt again and McGoldrick is probably our best bet right now, I think if we stick by him he will come good.

How many more games will DMG play before people realise he's just not good enough. His goal ratio answers that one.

Patterson deserves to be given as much of a chance that DMG has had, certainly seems more up for it.

Saga played about half that amount and with a team that didn't look anywhere near as good as this lot. I'm not convinced he would set the world alight, but I would start him ahead of DMG to see how he does in this new system.

why write McGoldrick off. Are you old enough to remember MLT's early seasons - he was very hit and miss. If you are slightly younger than cherck out BT's scoring recorfd early doors or if you and nipper than perhaps Jones' first couple of seasons. You have to give these guys time.

Personally I'd start McGoldrick ahead of Dobie even ignoring the fact he's probably on 3, 4 or 5 times as much a week.