New crest design in the summer?

old_southy

Would you like to see a new badge next season?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a new badge next season?

• Keep the current badge
    • A stylised version of the current badge (eg. the silver version)
    • A completely new badge
    • Not bothered either way

You can easily find a free parking space in Britannia Road outside the stadium more often than not, so your protest lacks credibility.

I'm not going to pitch up down there on the off-chance, so it's perfectly valid.

Crystal Palace's badge history...

badgea.jpg

badgeb.jpg

badgec.jpg

badgee.jpg

badged.jpg

badgef.jpg

From 2013/14 onwards...

200px-Crystal_Palace_F.C._logo_%282013%29.png

I quite like the new one compared to the one it replaces. Shows it is possible to keep many of the key elements of old badges and modernise them. Same could be done with...

200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

The Palace eagle badges are from the 1970's when Malcom Allison arrived as manager in 1973 and totally rebranded the club. He changed the shirt colours to red and blue stripes, with the Eagles nickname. The Saints badge is also a relic of the 1970's and could do with some modern styling.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I'm not going to pitch up down there on the off-chance, so it's perfectly valid.

I've never failed to find a space close to the Stadium during a working week day, so it's hardly a matter of being on the off-chance. During weekends when there is no match, one can also park on the industrial estate adjacent to the stadium on a single line all day. And of course, presumably when you attend matches you could visit the store too. So excuse me if I consider the reason that you will not buy goods from the shop because of the stadium car parking charges to be a bit petty.

I do have to say that 40 years next year for the same badge, apart from a ball change a couple of times, is a long time for any football club not to change it?

Has any club had there badge longer?

Crystal Palace's badge history...

badgea.jpg

badgeb.jpg

badgec.jpg

badgee.jpg

badged.jpg

badgef.jpg

From 2013/14 onwards...

200px-Crystal_Palace_F.C._logo_%282013%29.png

I quite like the new one compared to the one it replaces. Shows it is possible to keep many of the key elements of old badges and modernise them. Same could be done with...

200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

The Palace eagle badges are from the 1970's when Malcom Allison arrived as manager in 1973 and totally rebranded the club. He changed the shirt colours to red and blue stripes, with the Eagles nickname. The Saints badge is also a relic of the 1970's and could do with some modern styling.

Like the new one.

No, it's the amount I definitely DID spend on kits in previous seasons. This season I bought the home shirt from a mate for £30, as he won it in a competition and already had one, and haven't bought anything else.

Last season I bought full home and away kits (including the alternative socks on the yellow kit), the season before I bought the sash, shorts, socks and full black away kit, the season before that the entire charcoal away, the season before that the entire navy/yellow away and the whole Umbro striped home. So, no, it hasn't cost them a penny, other than the 5 pieces of kit I definitely would have bought normally (plus random ad hoc trips in to pick up the odd bit of training kit).

Basically what they've managed to do is lose my goodwill, and take me out of the routine of dropping by to see if there's anything worth getting, and that's worth more than they're ever getting back from car park fees from me.

Seems that you are the one really losing out! Not Able to wear all that kit you would definitely have bought (other than the home shirt), being taken out of your usual routine of dropping by to see if there's anything worth getting. Must be frustrating eh!

Seems that you are the one really losing out! Not Able to wear all that kit you would definitely have bought (other than the home shirt), being taken out of your usual routine of dropping by to see if there's anything worth getting. Must be frustrating eh!

Nah, I cope. I don't wear the stuff much anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...