Start of season at WBA

Tony F

Too optimistic I reckon. However I booked my trains last week so hopefully I'll get a ticket ! Sure they'll big demand as a lot of people couldn't do it last year as it was a Monday night!

On a sidenote, I'm going from Basingstoke, and it works out SO much cheaper if you get a return to Banbury and then individual singles from Banbury to Birmingham. It's the same train as well so don't actually have to change...worth a think for those going up on the train although not sure if it's the same situation from Southampton.

There is 3 of us going from Basingstoke and booked our train tickets last week and managed to get returns to B'ham new Street including tram tickets for £31 each, which is not bad.

We all did 8 away games last season so hopefully they will use common sense and use last years history as priority

There is 3 of us going from Basingstoke and booked our train tickets last week and managed to get returns to B'ham new Street including tram tickets for £31 each, which is not bad.

We all did 8 away games last season so hopefully they will use common sense and use last years history as priority

Lets hope that the points sytem they introduced last season will be used for tickets, if not as you say what was the point, hopefully this year you will be able to see what points you have accumulated

bear in mind that I am travelling from Portsmouth Harbour, but we are going via Southampton, there are 4 of us travelling and the cost to ech ofus is £33.65. We will be buying on the day or nearer to departure. Our tickets will be 4 day returns (with railcard) from Portsmouth to Reading, 4 dayreturns (with railcard) from Reading to Banbury and a groupsave 4 from Banbury to The Hawthorns. We will change trains at Southampton and Banbury. Th train from Banbury goes to Birmingham Snow Hill. There is a direct train from Snow Hill to The Hawthorns.

Best place to work out fares is from the National Rail Journey Planner site. Split journey tickets often work out cheaper than single ticket journeys although not always, for instance, it is cheaper for me to buy a single ticket from Portsmouth to Norwich and back than any other way (and believe me I have tried many combinations!). Train tickets can be bought up to12 weeks in advance of travel, although obvoiusly this is not always practical (thanks Sky). Tickets get really expensive in the four weeks leading up to travel. They tend to stay the same price from 10 weeks before travel to 5 weeks before travel.

Hope this helps.

anyone booked trains from Southampton Central?, just wondering the best sites to use?.
Best site to use is East Coast Trains. Easy to use and if you create an account you can accumulate points to use for free journeys (free journeys only on east coast trains, so Newcastle and Sunderland away etc). Others on here can probably recommend better than me, but I think for getting to Brum, one of the ways to save a few quid is buy a ticket using your network card as far as Banbury and then a regular ticket from there.

I assume we can expect the full 3k allocation for this game? Not that the club ever tell us how much of an allocation we have for each game.

Ticket details now on the O/S, good prices, but no mention of allocation size.

I really don't understand their stance to not tell us our allocation or how many fans we have at away games.

Can't wait for this one, I think we'll sell out the 3,000 tickets given to us

How do you know we've been given 3,000? Knowing our ticket office we'll have taken a smaller allocation and have told WBA we won't need any more, end up selling out the initial allocation and then it being too late to ask for more because they've sold the next couple of blocks to home fans.

Anyone got idea of pubs for this game? There are 3 of us getting to Birmingham New Street at 10.20 from Basingstoke, so will probably get some breakfast and do a bit of a pub crawl on the way towards the ground

Brum city centre the Wellington on Bennet's Hill can't be beaten for real ale. Near the ground The Vine has great Indian BBQ, but very busy. Away fans welcome at both.

I was hoping to get a couple of tickets for WBA but am no longer a ST holder since moving to the Midlands.

I rang Saints booking office this morning (General sale = Friday) but they have already SOLD OUT :(

I then rang WBA ticket office who, despite Saints not taking their full allocation, will not sell directly for the away end.

I don't fancy buying home tickets and risk getting ejected. Any ideas or does this mean because of Saints ticket policy I can no longer see any game?

I was hoping to do a couple of other Midlands matches later in the season.

Pretty sure if 2500 is the figure we've taken (and sold), that IS the full allocation, despite what footballgroundguide.com says. The capacity at the Hawthorns is 26,500, and they are only obliged to give us 10% of that amount (and it seems reasonable to assume the "missing" 150 seats would be swallowed up by segregation netting etc).

With prices as they are for this game, it's no great surprise that we've sold our allocation before general sale. Other Midlands games will be more expensive or less attractive (or both), so I'm sure you'll get tickets for other games.

In future, your best bet is probably to acquaint yourself with a season ticket holder who doesn't go to every game but would be willing to let you use their customer details in order to buy tickets for the games you're able to go to (assuming it correlates with games they're not going to at the same time!). I know loads of non-STHs who have got tickets for this game because they know STHs with an away purchase history who weren't bothered about going.

I was hoping to get a couple of tickets for WBA but am no longer a ST holder since moving to the Midlands.

I rang Saints booking office this morning (General sale = Friday) but they have already SOLD OUT :(

I then rang WBA ticket office who, despite Saints not taking their full allocation, will not sell directly for the away end.

I don't fancy buying home tickets and risk getting ejected. Any ideas or does this mean because of Saints ticket policy I can no longer see any game?

I was hoping to do a couple of other Midlands matches later in the season.

Go in the home end, you'll be fine as long as you don't celebrate if Saints score. If anyone sat by you asks then just lie and make up a random team that you support. There's plenty of neutrals at every football match, no one will care.

I am travelling over from Ireland. In Birmingham at 7:30 am on the Saturday. Looking a ticket if anyone has a spare. Will pay an extra few bob too if need be...... Also, looking to meet any Saints fans centrally in Birmingham if anyone is around before heading out to the Hawthorns?