sink or swim for mayuka

old_southy

He needs to hit the ground running in pre-season.

As I said on another thread yesterday there is precious little evidence that he is even involved. Only 2 pictures include him and neither show him partaking in any activity. I wonder whether he is carrying an injury.

I think it will be difficult for him.

MP seems to have faith in his formation / playing style. That requires a certain type of forward player. We are looking at that certain type of forward player in Damiao and Osvaldo and possibly others. Mayuka does not appear to have those characteristics. He seems to be a younger Billy Sharp basically.

If MP is as tough on his playing beliefs as i think he might be then Mayuka will be 4th choice...if that. Consider Barcelona. They might be 1-nil down in injury time but it is very very rare indeed that they will hoof it into the box. In the old fashioned footy tactical way of thinking Mayuka is an extra "option" player - his pace and goal instinct with 5 minutes to go when defenders tire might be considered useful. In the modern thinking footy though MP will just keep going in our southampton way believing ultimately it will work- not that we abandon the style of play and put Mayuka on and play it long into the gaps for him to get first too...

Im ambivalent about it...i do want him to have a chance but cant see happening unless we get injuries or loss of form and results - which i don't want us to get..

As I said on another thread yesterday there is precious little evidence that he is even involved. Only 2 pictures include him and neither show him partaking in any activity. I wonder whether he is carrying an injury.

The fact he's out there is evidence enough. If he wasn't involved he'd have been left behind like others have.

Yep because MP's arrival sure helped bring the best out of Ramirez...

:facepalm:

hence the "I'm hoping"

I'm also Hoping that with Ramirez no longer having the label of "record signing", it might take some pressure off him.

Disclaimer: Hoping does not guarantee success; results may vary

Edited by Nolan

The fact he's out there is evidence enough. If he wasn't involved he'd have been left behind like others have.

So why do the pictures show all the players training hard, but not one shows Manny doing anything ()apart from new one today where he is swimming. The fact that he's out there says nothing at all, I never said he wasn't involved I'm questioning whether he is injured? Why can't people do simple things and look at the evidence and wonder why he is not involved in training rather than make a smart alec remark that just shows they have no idea? Thought you were a bit better than that, sort of comment I would have expected from the three trolls.

So why do the pictures show all the players training hard, but not one shows Manny doing anything ()apart from new one today where he is swimming. The fact that he's out there says nothing at all, I never said he wasn't involved I'm questioning whether he is injured? Why can't people do simple things and look at the evidence and wonder why he is not involved in training rather than make a smart alec remark that just shows they have no idea? Thought you were a bit better than that, sort of comment I would have expected from the three trolls.

Still the good news is looks like he was involved in the shooting practice, so maybe he is over whatever was keeping him out of the spotlight before

How many photos are there? Just because one of them didn't capture mayuka doing 'anything' doesn't really constitute evidence of anything, surely?

I'm hoping the arrival of Wanyama will help bring Mayuka up to snuff. Only Tanzania separates Zambia and Kenya, so (even though Africa is huge) they're from a similar part of Africa.

Good shout. If we sign a player from Russia it might help De Ridder. I know Europe is massive but only Germany and Poland separate Belgium from Russia.

Good shout. If we sign a player from Russia it might help De Ridder. I know Europe is massive but only Germany and Poland separate Belgium from Russia.

Germany, Poland and Belarus!!

Or, you could go the southern route and use Ukraine instead of Belarus.

Or, you could do the Baltic route and go through Lithuania and Latvia (and even Estonia, if you wanted) after Poland.

In other words, when trying to be a smart arse, get your facts right right lofty!!!

Japan borders Russia though, and it didn't help de ridder to play with lee and maya. And there were two of them so that's like half the distance.

Judging from the pedantry, you're just jealous he might have a friend.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express