Sell on fee for Lallana

Master Bates

CHERRIES could be in line for a happy New Year thanks to the FA Cup and former schoolboy Adam Lallana – with a little help from Harry and Kev.

While the possible riches from progressing in the cup have been well documented, news of a potential cash windfall for Lallana has come out of the blue.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/3966295.BANK_ON_ADAM/

CHERRIES could be in line for a happy New Year thanks to the FA Cup and former schoolboy Adam Lallana – with a little help from Harry and Kev.

While the possible riches from progressing in the cup have been well documented, news of a potential cash windfall for Lallana has come out of the blue.

I stand corrected. Didn't know that could happen that early on in a kid's career. Prob a good thing all in all.

Was it a coincidence that you asked that question shortly before a local paper ran a story on it?

£5 million. Are you mad? He's not Theo Walcott or Gareth Bale is he? We're probably looking at less than one million.

1. No, Im not "mad", I was using the linked to article as a reference point.

2. Thanks for the abuse, its great to see we can conduct civil conversations on here still.

3. I agree he is probably only worth 1.5million tops, but that wasnt the point

25% of any fee! Feck me, surely that can be disputed...

this quote made me laugh, esp considering ****flaps disdain of our youngsters when he was here..

Also among his suitors are believed to be Tottenham, with management duo Harry Redknapp and Kevin Bond both firm admirers of one of the brightest young talents in the English game.

25% seems a bit steep but then I have no idea what the average sell on fee percentages might be so it might not be so steep?

If we need to sell anyone and he is the only player that attracts any interest then 75% of what ever we sell him for will have to do. Dont think we are in a really strong position to argue the toss.

I didn't know Lallana came from the Cherries. I thought he had only been on loan there....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Lallana

You should have read to the end of the Echo article

Born in St Albans, Lallana and his family moved to Iford when he was five and he soon became a regular at a Monday night football club run by former Cherries youth team boss Terry Wateridge.

The youngster also became a member of Littledown Juniors and was soon invited by Wateridge to join the AFC Bournemouth Centre of Excellence.

However, his rich potential was eventually spotted by a talent scout from Southampton, with Lallana snapped up by the then-Premiership club as a 12-year-old in September 2000.

An independent tribunal ruled that Cherries should receive a level of compensation from Saints, with a nominal sum paid shortly after his departure.

Further stage payments were made when Lallana signed both scholarship and professional forms for Saints, although |the piece de resistance could come in the form of a sell-on clause.

The Daily Echo has this week learned that the tribunal also made provision for Cherries to receive 25 per cent of any future transfer fee should Lallana leave Saints.

News of the World page 71

Adam Lallana has told Saints he does not want to be sold next month.

Tottenham, Fulham and Stoke have expressed an interest in the £2.5m rated midfielder, 20, and Southampton need the cash.

But he said "I'd rather play first team here than reserves elsewhere".

Tottenham, Fulham and Stoke have expressed an interest in the £2.5m rated midfielder, 20, and Southampton need the cash.

If he doesn't buck his ideas up and play where he is picked, he won't be playing first team football here either.

1. No, Im not "mad", I was using the linked to article as a reference point.

2. Thanks for the abuse, its great to see we can conduct civil conversations on here still.

3. I agree he is probably only worth 1.5million tops, but that wasnt the point

Scott rhymes with rot, which is stunningly what yours posts are sir ;)

Double standards IMO.

Someone says to Pancak "Are you mad" which leads to Pancak crying, It's hardly a massive insult is it? It's not as if he called you a massive c*ck. But then later, Pancak says that Scott saints posts are rot! He made it seem not so bad by dressing it up as a clever rhyme (scott and rot) but the sentiment is still there (and I don't believe the winky symbol always stands for "only joshing"). If it did then I would say "stop overacting Panck, you stpuid tw*t, someone called you mad because of a suggestion, albeit not yours, that Lallana is worth £5m, it's not the worst thing in the world to have happened, has not brought the board to it's knees and is probably more of a turn of phrase than an insult." (;))

Normally reports in the NOTW are greeted with the derision they deserve , but I guess any port in a storm if it suits your agenda. :)