Heads up for Fulham away

wessex saint

Me too. I'll be wearing my neutral scarf and quietly singing neutral songs about the time a footballer scored a goal.

lol I've always laughed about the neutral stand at Fulham. What do you sing there?

The referees a nice bloke or The referee's going home in a first class limo

Noones **** and you all know you're not.

You're not singing anymore... and nor are you.

Come on Fulham Come on Southampton...

We're the neutral stand over here ... silence...

Ah what fun!

But, what's the bloody phone number for the Fulham Ticket Office????? I can't find it on their website. And when I try and log in to create an account I keep getting error messages.

My mate got 4 this morning. P4 seems pretty much sold out, as

Does P2.

Looks like P1 and P2 is 'Cottage Corner' and home fans only.

afhlxc.jpg

This end holds 7,200 (just over 1,000 per section), if away fans can grab most of the neutral areas (P3, P4) that can swell visitor numbers to nearer 5,000.

When we were promoted from the old second division in 1978 we played Fulham away on a Friday night. The Putney End was a big open terrace for away fans back then, they've just added the seats and roof, and it was rammed with Saints fans also in the seats in the Riverside Stand. It was estimated between 8-10,000 had travelled. We were stood towards the back and when we scored the terrace was actually bouncing up and down. Drew 1-1.

There's no stewarding in place to stop you walking over from the neutral end to stand in with our lot in our half of the stand anyway. Would be fine to head towards the back and stand in the aisle or squeeze in with a mate somewhere.

When we were promoted from the old second division in 1978 we played Fulham away on a Friday night. The Putney End was a big open terrace for away fans back then, they've just added the seats and roof, and it was rammed with Saints fans also in the seats in the Riverside Stand. It was estimated between 8-10,000 had travelled. We were stood towards the back and when we scored the terrace was actually bouncing up and down. Drew 1-1.

Remember that well.

Then took hours to get back to Waterloo by tube

Then took hours to get back to Waterloo by tube

It's strange, I can't remember much about after but getting there was a ballsache. We had a car load and the roads getting near Fulham were gridlocked, I've a vivid memory of the rose sellers walking between the cars trying to offload their leftovers of the day to weary motorists. Great night though, followed with equally massive away days at Luton and Orient.

Looking forward the trip this year.

My first ever away game. Those were the days. The traffic queue for London started at Winchester!

Anyone know any pubs in the area that will let under 18 (teenagers) in?

Any non 'football pub' will be fine. Loads of decent food pubs in Putney or Wimbledon. Nearest the ground would probably be one of the rowing pubs along the Putney side of the river, then just a short walk over the bridge and through the park to the ground.

Oh balls, for those travelling to this by train west of Southampton take note....

No trains between Southampton Central and Romsey / Brockenhurst on Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 February 2014

Description

Engineering work is taking place between Southampton Central and Romsey / Brockenhurst closing all lines. Buses will replace trains between stations to Southampton Central and back.

Anyone know any pubs in the area that will let under 18 (teenagers) in?

The best one closest to the ground is the Crabtree, which is nearer the Hammersmith Bridge than Putney Bridge. It does fill up with home fans (arriving by speedboat) but it's not a 'football' pub - and there's a great take-away pizza place just opposite. Parking is also free in the streets around it if you get there early enough.

Can someone who has got tickets via the digital membership special offer tell me if you have to purchase the membership first and then log back in to get the tickets? If I put the tickets and membership in the "virtual shopping basket" together the tickets still come up as £35 each.

I think you just need to register... No need to purchase any additional membership. The actual face value of the tickets is 35 so don't think you're paying anything extra ( plus you'll pay booking fee on top)

Think someone mentioned that you can get a membership with them and if you buy 2 tickets, you actually end up paying less....

Any non 'football pub' will be fine. Loads of decent food pubs in Putney or Wimbledon. Nearest the ground would probably be one of the rowing pubs along the Putney side of the river, then just a short walk over the bridge and through the park to the ground.

The best one closest to the ground is the Crabtree, which is nearer the Hammersmith Bridge than Putney Bridge. It does fill up with home fans (arriving by speedboat) but it's not a 'football' pub - and there's a great take-away pizza place just opposite. Parking is also free in the streets around it if you get there early enough.

Cheers chaps, I'll get them to check it out.

Just bought 2 tickets in P4 - seems that there are still tickets available in this block.

Purchased 2 tickets in P4 on Tuesday evening via the Fulham site, indicated these were the last 2! Unfortunately One at the front, one at the back, but that's all that remained, or so it said!

I think you just need to register... No need to purchase any additional membership. The actual face value of the tickets is 35 so don't think you're paying anything extra ( plus you'll pay booking fee on top)

Tickets are only £20 each rather than £35 with digital membership, but the digital membership is £30, so you only make a saving if you buy at least 3 tickets (which is how many I wanted). But when I put the membership and three tickets in the virtual shopping basket, the tickets still show as £35 each.

Purchased 2 tickets in P4 on Tuesday evening via the Fulham site, indicated these were the last 2! Unfortunately One at the front, one at the back, but that's all that remained, or so it said!

I ended up buying the Viagogo site (the Fulham direct purchase wouldn't respond). On Viagogo they were showing options to buy combinations of 2, 3 and 4 tickets in P4. Whereas the Fulham FC ticket purchase site only showed me P2 and P1. In P2 only single seat tickets were available, so I tried to purchase in P1 (uncovered and restricted view seats were the only possibility to get 2 seats together). This was when the site threw me out and I found the Viagogo option.

However on Viagogo I had to pay a handling/VAT fee of £14.50 on top of the ticket price (£35 each).

hope this helps..