Anyone else share my enthusiasm for Jack Cork?

PortlandSaint

Thought that Jack Cork had a fantastic game for us today and whilst he was on the pitch the back 4 looked a little more protected. Certainly did a little better than Morg today and it is not the first time he has stood out to me.

Made way today probably due to an attacking tactical change but IMO he has been superb since coming back into the fray!

And he is english... Rio? (or am i being over enthusiastic) Roy was at the game..... performance today would have done no harm at all

I like Cork, but he's not as good as Wanyama defensively and doesn't create or score goals. He's a tidy player but not good enough for England.

Maybe i'm bias then, been a favourite for a long time and always enjoy seeing him play well! Did very well today though and WOY will be looking for cover in Midfield.

A few injuries and an unlikely door may open for him if he keeps putting in performances like that.

He's a good player, very tidy - but we do get played through very easily when he starts. Him and Morgan together, although very tidy, are easy to shrug off the ball. Hence the increase in goals we conceed outside the box.

Wanyama is a pretty big barrier between the CB's and the midfield. Crucial to our defensive discipline.

He's a good player, very tidy - but we do get played through very easily when he starts. Him and Morgan together, although very tidy, are easy to shrug off the ball. Hence the increase in goals we conceed outside the box.

Wanyama is a pretty big barrier between the CB's and the midfield. Crucial to our defensive discipline.

Agree.

He's certainly done his share since coming in for Wanyama... (who was bought to replace him).

and he's shown a bit more grit and his tacking is good..... but his passing (when in possession) leaves something to be desired.

Generally speaking, I'd be glad to keep him.... rather than selling - as some have suggested. He's a reliable sub. and " knows the system "

Thing with wanyama. He more than often, wins the ball in front of the back four. Either wining an aerial duel or stopping someone advancing.

That takes huge pressure off fonte and lovren and allows others those extra few seconds to win the ball back

His passing is not very good but his value for the team is immense. Great signing and felt he would have added much needed steel against Chelsea that we clearly lacked

Thing with wanyama. He more than often, wins the ball in front of the back four. Either wining an aerial duel or stopping someone advancing.

That takes huge pressure off fonte and lovren and allows others those extra few seconds to win the ball back

His passing is not very good but his value for the team is immense. Great signing and felt he would have added much needed steel against Chelsea that we clearly lacked

Wanyama is the one releasing Morgan to press up higher which allows Lallana and JRod to push up higher etc etc...

He is the key to so much in our performances the first 10-12 games and thoroughly missed...

I think or at least I hope that MoPo will have learnt not to take off Cork unless he is injured or about to get a red card.

Wanyama is better overall, but Cork is a better passer of the ball. Wanyama can learn alot from Cork, but Cork will never be an imposing dominant presents as Wanyama.

Both compliment the squad.

Jack is one of my preferred Saints players. For me he's what Saints are all about and puts in 100% to his game. The fact we've come unstuck wherever he was was removed shows just what a good job he's doing. He's a completely different player to Wanyama but for me a really importer part of the squad.

Thanks john B

The only reason he was a Chelsea reject is because the the Russian billionaire and morinio wanted expensive foreign players apart from the odd British player .

I don't see him as a reject the complete opposite . Not every player that goes to one of the big 5 will become a regular in the respective team