Clattenburg under investigation after Southampton accuse him of abusing Adam Lallana

Saint-Armstrong

The ref made a mistake, as they sometimes do.

At that point he can either tell the player to shut up and just jog away, or he can try to be clever and address the player in a derogatory manner.

Clattenberg chose to escalate the situation.

Saints in turn have chosen to escalate it further.

Osvaldo recently made a mistake, he has been punished, I hear no complaints.

Clattenberg made two mistakes in ten seconds, yet we are being asked to allow him to continue without reprimand.

The Respect campaign must be a two-way street if it is to have any hope.

Many of us will have played at various levels and we've seen good and bad refs.

Some are inconsistent, some we disagree with but can understand why they make certain decisions.

As players we make mistakes, so we don't expect perfect officials.

I've found it very difficult to argue with a ref who waves you away and jogs off.

But if a ref came looking for me as Clattenberg did, and addressed me in a derogatory way, I'd be quite happy to stand there and discuss it with him/her for the rest of the 90mins.

At that point he can either tell the player to shut up and just jog away, or he can try to be clever and address the player in a derogatory manner.

Clattenberg made two mistakes in ten seconds, yet we are being asked to allow him to continue without reprimand.

Some are inconsistent, some we disagree with but can understand why they make certain decisions.

I've found it very difficult to argue with a ref who waves you away and jogs off.

But if a ref came looking for me as Clattenberg did, and addressed me in a derogatory way, I'd be quite happy to stand there and discuss it with him/her for the rest of the 90mins.

So if one of our players (one of them will call the ref today a t**t, c**t, tit, *****er etc etc) brings the game into disrepute and the ref sends him off you wont have any complaints as to the letter of the law he should go, the heat of the moment wont matter.

If I saw that you would be off the pitch, you are no good whinging and the team being a man down, Modern football.

Some other fans seems supportive and understand the core of the problem.

http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/33437?

The problem I think is that there is so much at stake with so much money around losing managers will do everything to deflect the blame of defeat.

The Refs we have are the best available but the constant whingeing swearing and cheating that goes on makes their jobs really difficult of course they sometimes get decisions wrong but that is life and is made worse by all agro they receive

I find this part of the emirates blogg most interesting .

It his the nail on the head about this secretive Pgomol set up

But there is more to it that this – the whole secretive way in which PGMOL work, the way it refuses to answer questions, the way it fails to inform the public of its actions through a web site, the way it puts out statistics which appear crazy and then fails to give any evidence as to how it obtained them, the way it rules itself allowing no independent outsiders to judge it… all this and more is what is wrong with the very heart and soul of English Premier League football.

Thank goodness someone has at last stood up and said, no, this is not right.

What you and I don't know is what was actual said at the match between the two off them the crowd were very noisy it's not as if the crowd were made up of two men and a dog. It was a full stadium

I have never liked clattenberg he is an arrogant and so far up his own arse **** . Who is protectected by his own gang of like arseholes including another referee I couldn't stand mike Riley . Another tosser who thought he was greater than the players and the fans .

Some refs do not give you the time off day when you try to speak to them after the match even when you try to engage them in polite conversation . Riley was such an individual

I find this part of the emirates blogg most interesting .

It his the nail on the head about this secretive Pgomol set up

But there is more to it that this – the whole secretive way in which PGMOL work, the way it refuses to answer questions, the way it fails to inform the public of its actions through a web site, the way it puts out statistics which appear crazy and then fails to give any evidence as to how it obtained them, the way it rules itself allowing no independent outsiders to judge it… all this and more is what is wrong with the very heart and soul of English Premier League football.

Thank goodness someone has at last stood up and said, no, this is not right.

What you and I don't know is what was actual said at the match between the two off them the crowd were very noisy it's not as if the crowd were made up of two men and a dog. It was a full stadium

I have never liked clattenberg he is an arrogant and so far up his own arse **** . Who is protectected by his own gang of like arseholes including another referee I couldn't stand mike Riley . Another tosser who thought he was greater than the players and the fans .

Some refs do not give you the time off day when you try to speak to them after the match even when you try to engage them in polite conversation . Riley was such an individual

You are a taking a personal slant like most as thats not objective, would you object from now on if any of our players swear at the referee they get sent off?

So if one of our players (one of them will call the ref today a t**t, c**t, tit, *****er etc etc) brings the game into disrepute and the ref sends him off you wont have any complaints as to the letter of the law he should go, the heat of the moment wont matter.

Serious question can you think of ONE example of where you have actually seen one of our players call the ref anything like that, somewhere in the recent past if you will! Can think of plenty of Rooney occasions on Motd but can't remember a saints player ever getting caught out swearing directly at the ref.

Funny how some of the most precious are the ones that follow and insult us two on the daily.

Good job we aren't as sensitive as Adam or mods would have 10-50 reported posts everyday :lol:

Very true, they dish it but can not take it, I would and I mean this like to meet some of the lads who post on here for a bevy as I think it would be absolutely hirlarious.

Very true, they dish it but can not take it, I would and I mean this like to meet some of the lads who post on here for a bevy as I think it would be absolutely hirlarious.

I would have thought you would have blamed gaston for whole thing!

He would have spoken to Lallana is my guess.

Unless people think Adam is a liar I would back him and the club over this.

Oh I see, Cortese takes Lallana's word, which is fine, how does he know what context it was said?

You have not answered whether its ok for the ref to send our players off today if they swear at him?

Oh I see, Cortese takes Lallana's word, which is fine, how does he know what context it was said?

You have not answered whether its ok for the ref to send our players off today if they swear at him?

Firstly, he watched the game.

Secondly, it has no bearing wotsoever to the discussion. Answer it yourself.

So you think Lallana's a liar then?

Edited by Solid Saint

Firstly, he watched the game.

Secondly, it has no bearing wotsoever to the discussion. Answer it yourself.

So you think Lallana's a liar then?

No I dont as it happens, I just think he is being precious and the backroom staff are being all soft over a poor decision. Its the context that it was said, thats what shall be difficult to prove.

Deflectors shields fully up.

Barry I agree I was taking a personal slant re Riley in my last post . However I started off trying to be objective about the matter . You me and the world do not know exactly what was said between the clattenberg and Adam . The matter is far wider than just saints . Rogders will be found guilty over his comments re the match officials the other day. The PGMol will support their man .

As for Riley . When I spoke to him I did not rant and rave . But he had no time for the everyday fan and was rather rude

I remember when we were at the dell in the supporters club . The odd match official would come into the club and have a beer and a chant with the fans . They were human and not full of themselves like the Riley's and clattenbergs of today

No I dont as it happens, I just think he is being precious and the backroom staff are being all soft over a poor decision. Its the context that it was said, thats what shall be difficult to prove.

Deflectors shields fully up.

We cant be sure they are being precious though, can we?

The club have escalated this for a very good reason and not for the officially released version. We know this because Adam ISNT a liar.

Everything else is pure conjecture & bull.

I for one am pleased we are fighting our corner over this as have many other clubs having come into contact with Clattenburg.

Clattenburgs got plenty of form for having a big mouth and Lallana most certainly hasn't, I know which one I trust.

Barry I agree I was taking a personal slant re Riley in my last post . However I started off trying to be objective about the matter . You me and the world do not know exactly what was said between the clattenberg and Adam . The matter is far wider than just saints . Rogders will be found guilty over his comments re the match officials the other day. The PGMol will support their man .

As for Riley . When I spoke to him I did not rant and rave . But he had no time for the everyday fan and was rather rude

I remember when we were at the dell in the supporters club . The odd match official would come into the club and have a beer and a chant with the fans . They were human and not full of themselves like the Riley's and clattenbergs of today

This.

Again its personal, take that out and is he a good referee? No he is crap, you can base an argument or point from there, Cortese and Pochetinno has seized upon this being stupid and naive, its an old boys network and they (referee's) will always have a seige mentality as lets face it they get treated like ****e by players, I would like to see red cards for swearing, the captains only talking to the refs, but that is not going to happen at all.

Are we going to get any favourable decisions now? No we have shot ourselves in the foot for a poor decision not to award a penalty and now we are bleating.

he is a **** ref (he is) but thats hardly the point.

No I dont as it happens, I just think he is being precious and the backroom staff are being all soft over a poor decision.

We still don't know what has actually been said. Thevman has suggested the quote in the press isn't all there is to the story. As it happens though i don't think it really matters what was said. I seriously doubt either Lallana or the club care about the comment. What they do care about are his refereeing performances in the last few games involving us. He's a **** ref (as you've admitted) and they are simply using this "offensive comment" as a means of 1) keeping him away form our matches if possible and 2) ensuring there is a bigger spotlight on him for the next time he does ref one of our games. Not too dissimilar to him going back to Goodison Park for the first time in 6 years and unsurprisingly not giving a late penalty against Everton

If clattenberg had admitted he genuinely got the penalty calls wrong and likewise the previous decisions he has given against us and the likes of Everton then he might get a bit of respect but he didn't . Which just goes to show hi is so much up his own backside

I am worrying about today's game and I wouldn't be surprised to see some dodgy decisions go against us . Burnley may well be given a questionable penalty or two against us . The referee organisation will close ranks and we will see more and more decisions given against us .

We cant be sure they are being precious though, can we?

The club have escalated this for a very good reason and not for the officially released version. We know this because Adam ISNT a liar.

Everything else is pure conjecture & bull.

I for one am pleased we are fighting our corner over this as have many other clubs having come into contact with Clattenburg.

Clattenburgs got plenty of form for having a big mouth and Lallana most certainly hasn't, I know which one I trust.

We are escalating this as its a deflection from losing a game, nothing more nothing less, we are sour we got a poor decision against us.

Its very basic and simple, try and throw someone under the bus to take the heat away from yourself.

If clattenberg had admitted he genuinely got the penalty calls wrong and likewise the previous decisions he has given against us and the likes of Everton then he might get a bit of respect but he didn't . Which just goes to show hi is so much up his own backside

I am worrying about today's game and I wouldn't be surprised to see some dodgy decisions go against us . Burnley may well be given a questionable penalty or two against us . The referee organisation will close ranks and we will see more and more decisions given against us .

So in a pure business sense (and Cortese is) this was self indulgent and futile.

We are escalating this as its a deflection from losing a game, nothing more nothing less, we are sour we got a poor decision against us.

Its very basic and simple, try and throw someone under the bus to take the heat away from yourself.

Everyone is talking about Nasty Clattenburg and not our very poor form..... So its worked

Again, more guess work.

Could be right, could be wrong.

You are also forgetting the countless other issues and countless other teams who've been having problems with this same referee.

so your deflection guess is pretty far from the mark I'd say.

Barry . There are a lot if players who swear at match officials they should be booked I agree with that . There are some stars such as Rooney who get away with almost everything . He's a very dirty player and a good player . But he seems to get protection from most referees . The refs do themselves no favours when they suck up to all the major world stars. There's one rethink having a bit of banter with players that's good for the game however with some refs it's more than banter and they are compromising their role in the face of us fans .

How many times has a players committed a nasty foul . The free kick is given and then the referee has a laugh and joke with the offender . It happened in the Chelsea game . In these situations the referee should not laugh and joke with offenders when a foul has been committed unless they are booking the player . They do themselves no favours . If they are not booking or warning the player they should just walk away and allow the free kick to be taken not have a laugh with them . In sends out the wrong messages to some of the overpriced players with the top clubs

Again, more guess work.

Could be right, could be wrong.

You are also forgetting the countless other issues and countless other teams who've been having problems with this same referee.

so your deflection guess is pretty far from the mark I'd say.

So Southampton football club come out swinging for other sides? Do me a favour, wind it in and realise this is a pr disaster (apart from the Mail as its obvious someone high up there works for that rag loves Southampton) and its looks like we are bleating and crying after a poor decision.

Barry . There are a lot if players who swear at match officials they should be booked I agree with that . There are some stars such as Rooney who get away with almost everything . He's a very dirty player and a good player . But he seems to get protection from most referees . The refs do themselves no favours when they suck up to all the major world stars. There's one rethink having a bit of banter with players that's good for the game however with some refs it's more than banter and they are compromising their role in the face of us fans .

How many times has a players committed a nasty foul . The free kick is given and then the referee has a laugh and joke with the offender . It happened in the Chelsea game . In these situations the referee should not laugh and joke with offenders when a foul has been committed unless they are booking the player . They do themselves no favours . If they are not booking or warning the player they should just walk away and allow the free kick to be taken not have a laugh with them . In sends out the wrong messages to some of the overpriced players with the top clubs

So after all of that if our players swear at the referee today thay should go?

Yes or no?

So Southampton football club come out swinging for other sides? Do me a favour, wind it in and realise this is a pr disaster (apart from the Mail as its obvious someone high up there works for that rag loves Southampton) and its looks like we are bleating and crying after a poor decision.

You aren't very good at this are you? more guess work, c'mon give it a rest now.

Speculative garbage all tailored to suit your bizarre anti Cortese/Saints agenda.....as usual:rolleyes: