Clattenburg under investigation after Southampton accuse him of abusing Adam Lallana

Saint-Armstrong

FFS clattenberg how was that deliberate handball and ours wasn't . You certainly are favouring the arse boys today

Exactly what I thought. A quick rewind on Sky and sure enough, it's exactly the same decision to make and he gives a entirely different one. Says it all.

Yes it is for real Bearsy

It's on a number of sites including this one

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/08/is-it-ever-okay-to-call-someone-a-pansy/

Real real, or internet real? I've been on the internet for 15 years, I'm even starting to think that some of those voyeur cams are actually set up to look like real voyeurism, but are really just people wanting to get on the interwebs. Anyway, 15 years straight is too long. I should at least take a tea break.

Been watching arsenal v spurs, and he's just summed up why he is so sh1t. He gave a free kick for a push on rose identical to the push on walker that happened in the box and would have been a penalty, but he didn't give that one. Oh no, might have been controversial. Then he gives arsenal a free kick for a handball where the player did less than the Everton defender against us. Again, as it wasn't in the box he gave it. The guy is a moron. Whatever the rights and wrongs of what he said to lallana and whether it was sufficient to complain, he is clearly a bottler. How can he justify such decisions? Even if we do seem overly precious, getting this guys glaring inconsistencies in the spotlight, and hopefully removing him from being a potential ref for our games in the future is a massive plus. He's simply incompetent.

Real real, or internet real? I've been on the internet for 15 years, I'm even starting to think that some of those voyeur cams are actually set up to look like real voyeurism, but are really just people wanting to get on the interwebs. Anyway, 15 years straight is too long. I should at least take a tea break.

do you know the Secret of Free Live Cams?

My experience of the football authorities tells me this is a fight we cannot win' date=' either in short or long term[/quote']

I think NC won the fight as soon as he lodged the complaint.

Saints won't win any decisions from the FA, but the next game Clattenberg referees a Saints game, can he afford to give us any bad decisions that he cannot justify without a good solid reason? He will be tempted, sure, bet he is not stupid enough to take any chances.

I think NC won the fight as soon as he lodged the complaint.

Saints won't win any decisions from the FA, but the next game Clattenberg referees a Saints game, can he afford to give us any bad decisions that he cannot justify without a good solid reason? He will be tempted, sure, bet he is not stupid enough to take any chances.

and how do you think the other Refs will react

Why- they're going to ref impartially and professionally ;)

I doubt that the rest of them are the slightest bit concerned about Clattenberg. If they have any opinion, I doubt that they will be supportive of him. After all, he is one of those refs that is making them all look bad.

Is it at all possible that the Clats response was 'You didn't used to be like this until you got into the England squad... you big headed little barsteward?' I don't for one moment believe that Adam would be offended by such an inoccuous remark up to 'squad'.It's what we don't know that causes concern. The Clat MUST have said more than we know.

I spoke today and last week with the same person who gave Weston Saint his info, and there certainly is more to this, according to him, and he certainly does know what was said.

It is much more than has been reported in the media but our informant doubts whether the facts will ever get into the public domain!!

He has no wish to tell me or anyone what was said and I didn't press him.

Adam is not too concerned and is not driving the issue.

He said no more or less than that!!!

The leaks about what was said were reported to have come from Riley and taken directly from the letter written by the club.That is certainly what SSN reported when the "you never used to be like that" version emerged. Therefore, its very easy for the club to refute this by publishing the letter. If the letter contained a more serious allegation , by not publishing it they are hanging Adam out to dry.

There are 3 senerios.

1.The letter alledged what has been reported and this is what the club are upset about.

2. The letter alledged something more serious.

3. The letter just alledged abuse, but didn't mention specific words or phrases.

Once Old Mother Riley's mob leaked the alledged words, all bets are off as far as confidential information is concerned. Why won't the club get their version out there, either offically or leaked to a friendly journo.

been listening to Talk sport just now, and after listening to other radio and TV progs I wish Saints would come out and say what was really said if different from that being currently reported.

As now the only one who is coming out looking bad is Adam, are Saints allowing him to take all the flak for the shi"e refereeing of Clatenburg.

Adam is not coming out bad . I'm not sure where this is coming from . Yes you can say the media those with anti NC agendas .

Etc etc ; there will be some in football who will try to soil Adam 's name to stop him getting picked above others for the World Cup squad .

Then there is the PGMol agenda . They gave most to lose if they lies thus case . This is not about saints or Adam but the wider aspects of football . The referees association are a law unto themselves . They need to start smelling the coffee and start to see that they are not greater than the game and start to admit that they have some referees who are not up to scratch and who are consistently getting it wrong

Did you read the emirates blogg . That made interesting reading if you didn't .

Southampton now say: “Under the circumstances we do not feel it appropriate for Mr Clattenburg to officiate in any of our matches until this matter is properly resolved.” This is a disgraceful attempt to mess with a man’s career after he has been exonerated of a feeble charge.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/10550189/Adam-Lallana-and-Mark-Clattenburg-prove-we-need-to-record-the-on-field-conversations.html

Example of national media coverage highlighting the pitiful action by the Club. Same has been seen with comments by pundits on TV. Feel sorry for AL as it seems pretty obvious he isn't driving this, yet he is the butt of all the quips and jokes.

What a cock Peter Haywood is he refers to eyewitness statements in his article

."We know what Clattenburg said to Adam Lallana, who, eyewitnesses report, was jabbering at the referee throughout Southampton’s 2-1 defeat by Everton on Dec 29. What we lack – as with all football fixtures – is a transcript of what was said to Clattenburg by both sets of players during his 90 minutes at work."

Sorry you only have mike Riley's side of the events that went on

Get your facts right mr Haywood instead of spinning a story you which you do not have all the facts .

Also Adam llallana does not have an overinflated ego . Have you ever met him . He us a quiet unassuming guy who let's his footballing do the talking . Do your research before printing tripe

What a cock Peter Haywood is he refers to eyewitness statements in his article

."We know what Clattenburg said to Adam Lallana, who, eyewitnesses report, was jabbering at the referee throughout Southampton’s 2-1 defeat by Everton on Dec 29. What we lack – as with all football fixtures – is a transcript of what was said to Clattenburg by both sets of players during his 90 minutes at work."

Sorry you only have mike Riley's side of the events that went on

Get your facts right mr Haywood instead of spinning a story you which you do not have all the facts .

Also Adam llallana does not have an overinflated ego . Have you ever met him . He us a quiet unassuming guy who let's his footballing do the talking . Do your research before printing tripe

How the hell do you know what Paul Haywood knows? He's one of the most respected journos in football and probably has spoken to a couple of players from that match. He's may well have spoken to Clattenburg.

"Have you ever met Lallana?" give me effing strength.

How the hell do you know what Paul Haywood knows? He's one of the most respected journos in football and probably has spoken to a couple of players from that match. He's may well have spoken to Clattenburg.

I suspect that the eye-witness statements that Paul Haywood refers to, concern Lallana's "jabbering at the referee" throughout the match, not what was said by Clattenburg to Lallana or vice versa. I very much doubt that he will have spoken to players in that match , only a few who would have been withing hearing distance when the stadium erupted with howls of derision baying for a penalty. And those players who might have heard the conversation would be very unlikely to be Saints players, unless they wished to face disciplinary action from the club.

Also the thrust of his article is that referees should be wired up precisely so that the banter between referees and players can be heard, which lends further credence to the suggestion that Haywood does not know what was said by both parties.

I take issue with Haywood's opinion that Southampton's pursuing this matter further is a form of bullying. That is risible. He states that "this is a disgraceful attempt to mess with a man’s career after he has been exonerated of a feeble charge". Exonerated by whom? Ah,yes, the referees own professional representative body, answerable to nobody, a kangaroo court which believes that any decision they arrive at should be final. As for messing with his career, if he was a good referee, respected by the players and clubs as fair and effective, then he wouldn't be having these problems. That the man courts controversy, surely makes him culpable for the effects on his own career.

Other than the references to the particular Lallana/Southampton part, I agree with Haywood entirely that something needs to be done about the player/referee interactions. He alludes to the increasing bending of the referees' ears by players on the one hand and the referees' maybe not being aloof enough on the other hand. In the case of Clattenberg, he (Clattenberg) apparently suggests that Lallana's ego is getting the better of him, whilst ignoring the reputation he himself has gained for his own egotistical behaviour.

Probably, maybe.

With due respect CB . That was the second attempt at posting as the first version disappeared as I posted it

In the original I referred to the grammatical errors Haywood made .

Eyewitnesses . Eye witnesses are people who actually saw what happened and can testify in court etc

Look at the footage of the incident apart from al not many payers were in earshot of any conversation that went on . Apart from the fourth official who would have had a radio feed . Haywood would not have access to saints written complaint unless the boys club have shown him the saints complaint .

If that is the case the PGMol have compromised any fair trial or hearing . But don't let the blur your vision .

As for Adam . I have met Adam briefly and only briefly but I do know others who know him and the family well . The description of him having an over inflated ego is wide of the mark in my opinion .

Do you know him and the family . If so enlighten me with your views of Adam

How did this come into the public domain in the first place? The only people who can know for sure what was said are Clattenburg, his two assistants, the fourth official and Adam himself. Experienced lip readers might also have a good idea. The club's reaction can only have come through Adam. So who first made the complaint public?

With due respect CB . That was the second attempt at posting as the first version disappeared as I posted it

Eyewitnesses . Eye witnesses are people who actually saw what happened and can testify in court etc

Look at the footage of the incident apart from al not many payers were in earshot of any conversation that went on . Apart from the fourth official who would have had a radio feed . Haywood would not have access to saints written complaint unless the boys club have shown him the saints complaint .

If that is the case the PGMol have compromised any fair trial or hearing . But don't let the blur your vision .

As for Adam . I have met Adam briefly and only briefly but I do know others who know him and the family well . The description of him having an over inflated ego is wide of the mark in my opinion .

You are quite correct in your assumptions.

If you are able take a closer look at 'Professional Game Match Officials Limited' '04195554' financials + list of directors it makes for very interesting reading indeed. Fingers in all the pies.

A near £7.5 million turnover. A company with much profits to protect......

Yeah I'd trust their version of events.....:lol:

Edited by Solid Saint

CB I respect your posts and always look forward to reading your posts .

I just disagree with Haywood's article . Referring to a number of points his reference to saints FC feeble attempts to ruin a mans career . .

If what ever has happened or said was that feeble I am sure the club would not be persuing this matter . Their is something in law about natural justice and the right to a fair hearing (audi alteram partem).

I don't see any evidence public or otherwise to see either aspects have been undertaken . All I have seen read or heard is a very biased decision from the PGMol .

I'm happy to admit if I have got my opinion wrong but this matter is not as straight forward as the likes of Haywood Wiley et al would have you believe

Edited by Viking Warrior

Wes spot on with your post

Other than the references to the particular Lallana/Southampton part, I agree with Haywood entirely that something needs to be done about the player/referee interactions. He alludes to the increasing bending of the referees' ears by players on the one hand and the referees' maybe not being aloof enough on the other hand. In the case of Clattenberg, he (Clattenberg) apparently suggests that Lallana's ego is getting the better of him, whilst ignoring the reputation he himself has gained for his own egotistical behaviour.

Not that it should make much difference but you wont find to many people that are as layed back and grounded than Adam,certainly not a big time Charlie.This is more about Clattenberg being the headmaster at school and wanting to slap wrists.

I missed the start but the commentator sounds like Sam Matterface and he's a skate.

Sam Matterface - his face matters. Lucky sod is married to Natalie Sawyer too. And he's a Chelsea fan, although does seem to have a close affinity with them lot down the road.

I thought they started to record referees conversations during games after his last problem with the Chelsea game. Can imagine this should be cleared up pretty quickly! Surely if whatever Adam said to The ref was that bad he could have simply booked him again?!

The PFA apparently weren't willing to pay ball, so the recording was a non starter.

I remember Mike Riley's first game at the top, an evening game away to Leicester. He knew he would be under the spotlight and ignored an obvious foul on us and Leicester ran into our penalty area and he gave them a penalty when the ball was blasted straight into MLT's face from about two yards. We always used to get newly appointed referees in low-key away games.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-burley-adam-lallana-southampton-2991461?

This clown thought he'd add to the debate.

Lots of support for him in the comments section.

Craig Burley is related to our former Manager George Burley:rolleyes:

I have heard other statements by Craig Burley slating Saints re George departing Saints.

Poor report from an ex player with axe to grind.:rolleyes:

Craig Burley is related to our former Manager George Burley:rolleyes:

I have heard other statements by Craig Burley slating Saints re George departing Saints.

Poor report from an ex player with axe to grind.:rolleyes:

Why? Burley got a plumb job as Scotland manager, they even gave us money for letting them take him off our hands.

Pretty handy really because he was a sh!te manager who should have lasted about 2 games.

Why? Burley got a plumb job as Scotland manager, they even gave us money for letting them take him off our hands.

Pretty handy really because he was a sh!te manager who should have lasted about 2 games.

Craig actually mentioned yooooo windows when defending George and stating you and I:rolleyes:

were Saints supporters who did not know what they were talking about:)

Craig was definitely wrong about me;)

Craig actually mentioned yooooo windows when defending George and stating you and I:rolleyes:

were Saints supporters who did not know what they were talking about:)

Craig was definitely wrong about me;)

Don't think Window Cleaner even existed in the Burley era, and he hasn't had any previous incarnations.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-burley-adam-lallana-southampton-2991461?

This clown thought he'd add to the debate.

Lots of support for him in the comments section.

Wow. Is this what passes for journalism these days? That's just a load of absolute drivel written by somebody who clearly has no knowledge of the facts.