Clattenburg under investigation after Southampton accuse him of abusing Adam Lallana

Saint-Armstrong

Having looked at the FA site and their statement

They have not exonerated clattenberg but have stated that what was in the saints letter does not constitute misconduct uner their rules.

"The FA has given its full consideration to this matter and it is our view that the comments, as disclosed in Southampton’s letter of complaint, do not constitute misconduct under The FA’s Rules".

This is a careflly constructed statement no doubt drafted from their lawyers

What I read from that statement is that there was something said by clattenberg and that what was reported by Riley to the media was factually incorrect.

I know it will not happen but it would to see a copy of the saints letter of complaint

In some ways I hope that Clattenburg does get appointed to a game at St Marys soon. Can you imagine his reception? :hunt:

It won't be for some time, but when it happens, Clot 'n' Berk will be walking on eggshells and will overlook several legitimate appeals for penalties from the other team's players for fear of upsetting us.

Job done. :lol:

Nolan

If they cannot proceed with recorders, why has riley said this afternoon that they will be introducing them

Graham Poll strongly implied that the Proessional Footballers Association were the ones that should be asked why it hasn't been implemented already. I'm only repeating what came over the airwaves.

why should we care what other people think, have we gone all sensitive?

Remember, we are the south coast club, the club that papers refused to name and made cartoons about.

We treated our previous manager so badly everyone hated us and wanted us relegated.

For a week.

Now the world is supporting Clattenberg against us? :lol:

Good luck with that lost cause, you'd be better off petitioning for a Jimmy Savile statue.

On current form, Clattenberg's a whistling accident waiting to happen, anyone who wants to stand in his corner is welcome to. :blush:

Soi f^ck what anyone else thinks, we've offloaded a crap referee off our backs for a bit and have pointed a spotlight at him and Lallana.

I'm pretty sure I know which one of those two will drop a clanger first and leave his supporters looking bloody stupid.

And don't bother to troll me with fake defence of a consistently inconsistent crap ref who has had three shockers against us in a year, I don't bite. :)

No really, don't bother.

Good post rally Clattenberg has got away with what ever was said. Probably on a technicality that the fa do not have a rule about referees who are abusive and patronising to players .

Those of you who stand in clattenbergs corner . Good luck to you it will not long before his name hits the headlines again for all the wrong reasons

Good post rally Clattenberg has got away with what ever was said. Probably on a technicality that the fa do not have a rule about referees who are abusive and patronising to players .

Those of you who stand in clattenbergs corner . Good luck to you it will not long before his name hits the headlines again for all the wrong reasons

The fa say they looked and made a decision based on the allegation contained in the complaint letter. The press association claim tha t the letter stated the "you've changed" accusation. Now either something more abusive was said, in which case why on earth would saints leave it out, and how can the fa and Riley rule on an allegation that wasn't made in the complaint letter. If a ref swore at a player,there's no doubt the FA would act. How can they act if this wasn't specifically mentioned in the letter.

How on earth can it be a "technicality" . They have clearly stated that what saints alleged in the letter, does not constitute misconduct. If saints have left any abusive langague off the letter, that's their fault not the FA's. What are the fa expected to do, second guess what was said. They didn't say that they had investigated and found clattenburg innocent, or even thast it was unproven, they say that the complaint "as disclosed in the letter of complaint" does not constitute misconduct.

It's been a success because it's got Saints exactly what they want, which I assume is Clattenburg off our backs for a good while.
Clattenburgs friends could possibly not give us any 50/50's and this has put a target on our best player this season, we also look like a bunch of soft girls, how this can be seen as a success is beyond me, what does it say in the Mail, they are up our arse that would be a good barometer.

LOLorific. What "technicality" has "he got away with"?

He's done nothing wrong here.

Get over it.

I'm sure we will get ****tenberg sooner rather than later . But my money is that it will be an away game . I'm not sure that they would appoint him to a home game . But then there are a lot of ****tenbergs luvvies on this forum who would welcome him to st Mary's

Clattenburg is a ****e ref and a bellend, he is not wrong here though as nothing has been proven, a bit like what the papers write? What good for the goose is good for the gander,suck it up.

All web have done is exactly what the so called 'big' clubs have done. Think Obi Mikel. It's highlighted the lack of consistency from the Mike Riley & the FA.

fair point. Fergie complained about Rob Styles and called him fat. He was not a laughing stock and prompted many debates on the radio about the fitness levels of refs....we just dont have the fergie factor.

It's been a success because it's got Saints exactly what they want, which I assume is Clattenburg off our backs for a good while.

Reverse imo. All referees will likely now be wary of ticking off Saints players with verbals and instead will play a very straight bay with no leeway - ie more bookings and sendings off. Stupid complaint which has backfired - motivated more by Saints trying to change the refereeing system than by the actual incident.

Reverse imo. All referees will likely now be wary of ticking off Saints players with verbals and instead will play a very straight bay with no leeway - ie more bookings and sendings off. Stupid complaint which has backfired - motivated more by Saints trying to change the refereeing system than by the actual incident.

I bet it has absolutely zero effect on us. good or bad.

I bet it has absolutely zero effect on us. good or bad.

This.

No refs will "hold a grudge" and no refs will hold "tread lightly". Just stuff in people's heads on here.

In the next game, what will be, will be and it will have jack to do with this ruling.

Lallana might get some stick though. "Adam Lallana, he's crying again"

The club need to drop this before we become ridiculed.

Look behind you, it's happening already. Although, to be fair, its the club alone that are bearing the brunt, radio commentators I've heard both on talksport and 5-live have stated along the lines of "even lots of the Saints fans are embarrassed by it".

Agreed. They'll leave it a few weeks and then use a low profile away game like Hull to make a point that we've not influenced them in the slightest.

They can try but he won't get away with it. We'll hunt him down across the plain until we corner him in the old dry canyon. He'll beg on his knees but to no avail.

Edward G Robinson will finish him off..

f3a639e52b48eb10b4f8981aea8cf1f1.jpg

Christ, what is the the big deal. Adam felt aggrieved by what was said, the club supported him and complained. The powers that be said there is no case to answer, Sfc are not happy (obviously) with verdict and suggest that conversations should be recorded.

so what, it is only the press and a few on here who are wringing their hands about it.

blue line and all that

Christ, what is the the big deal. Adam felt aggrieved by what was said, the club supported him and complained. The powers that be said there is no case to answer, Sfc are not happy (obviously) with verdict and suggest that conversations should be recorded.

so what, it is only the press and a few on here who are wringing their hands about it.

blue line and all that

Adam was never the one who complained...

Adam was never the one who complained...

Most people who think this is silly and childish never thought for a moment or suspected it was Lallana, moreso an attempt by Cortese to vent his frustration at a poor decision and deflect the attention from the poor results by Pochetinno, to an extent its work and that has to be applauded, the fact now we probably wont get any split decisions look like spolit little children and our best player will be harrassed by fans and the media alike wont concern Cortese at all.

That FA Statement was a nice find VW.

Love that lawyer speak, and no wonder that Saints are pursuing it further.

They have clearly said Clatterturd was wrong but they have nothing in their own rules which they can use to do something about it and so bugger off Saints.

Pretty sure if I was using Legal Counsel in a situation like this is that I would now target that the rules need to be changed.

Rumble On this one will.

Really ?? I don't think so. ..............the poison chalice is that it has now got us Webb for the WBA match

"The Sweet F.A. moves in mysterious ways" ..... or, "vengeance is mine sayeth the lord"

I can't see us getting much out of the WBA game now

They have clearly said Clatterturd was wrong but they have nothing in their own rules which they can use to do something about it and so bugger off Saints.

Pretty sure if I was using Legal Counsel in a situation like this is that I would now target that the rules need to be changed.

Rumble On this one will.

Yes, but unfortunately, to the detriment of the Saints

The F.A always protect their own

Rumble On this one will.

Where in that statement have they "clearly said MC was wrong"?

Show me.

CB and Barry you both need therapy

but as your both anti the club Im not suprised at your stance

He was not exonerated , the wording makes that quite clear in the FA statement.

I would imagine that FA have given adice or instructions to the PGMOL re referres behaviour. it will be interesting to see if referees stop chatting and exchanging banter in future games.

so apparently he will still be considered when choosing refs for Saints games. To be continued.....

Doesnt really matter because next time he refs one of our games he will know his performance will be under extra scrutiny so Saints should benefit regardless, whether it be he just referees impartially or even better bias officiating like he did for Everton.