Clattenburg under investigation after Southampton accuse him of abusing Adam Lallana

Saint-Armstrong

The sentence in bold above is a bit open for interpretation though.

Do they think he "said to much" but they dont have any rules for it and can therefor not punish him...?

Or does what he said dont go against rules they do have....?

Yeah, maybe but that's a fairly meaningless interpretation.

They have to put "under the FA's rules" because if they'd just put "does not constitute misconduct" it's just an opinion. "under the FA's rules" makes it a judgement call. Which is what it is.

If people on here want to complain about the rules, fine. But they are the rules and MC hasn't broken any. That is not "getting off on a technicality" as WG says, or some cover up or whatever it was that Dubai Phil was saying it is.

Only Saw the Pen this morning on the news, first viewing Pen- replay - Penalty.

and the free kick for Sunderlands first goal we have seen them given all day long apart from when Rickie is involved.

Be interesting to see what Moyes gets for his straight out moaning about the Ref post match, he sounded like a man who knew the Refs favour the Prem Darlings and was smarting from not getting the favourable treatment that goes with just being Manchester United.

Only Saw the Pen this morning on the news, first viewing Pen- replay - Penalty.

and the free kick for Sunderlands first goal we have seen them given all day long apart from when Rickie is involved.

Be interesting to see what Moyes gets for his straight out moaning about the Ref post match, he sounded like a man who knew the Refs favour the Prem Darlings and was smarting from not getting the favourable treatment that goes with just being Manchester United.

Tough being mid-table ain't it mancs......

8)

If a player from another club had complained like AL did over what seemed an innocuous interchange I'd find it pretty pathetic, I can't be a hypocrite on this.

The non pen was a very bad decision but AL and the club haven't done themselves any favours over this.

Sorry.

If a player from another club had complained like AL did over what seemed an innocuous interchange I'd find it pretty pathetic, I can't be a hypocrite on this.

The non pen was a very bad decision but AL and the club haven't done themselves any favours over this.

Sorry.

AL had nothing to do with making the complaint. Have you been keeping up?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/pochettino-clattenburg-matter-over-29902910.html

So, MP says he has no problem with Clattenburg being a ref for one of our future games. Suggests the affair has blown over and SFC are not going to pursue this action any further. So what's the result? A load of negative publicity without any end product? Or will Clattenburg be overly lenient to us for one game in the future? Probably not, but good to see sense is prevailing.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/pochettino-clattenburg-matter-over-29902910.html

So, MP says he has no problem with Clattenburg being a ref for one of our future games. Suggests the affair has blown over and SFC are not going to pursue this action any further. So what's the result? A load of negative publicity without any end product? Or will Clattenburg be overly lenient to us for one game in the future? Probably not, but good to see sense is prevailing.

probably the opposite, he will not want to be seen as caving in.

I see Rogers criticised a ref and got fined about 8000£, didn't Moyes get £10000 not long back as well. Now we criticised Clattenburg in an occult sort of manner and Mauricio gets to keep his money. Now that's the Southampton way:smug::smug:

As you say, looking at the whole episode, Southampton have handled it with considerable aplomb. Criticise the referee in a post-match interview and run the risk of a fine from the FA. Criticise him indirectly associated with the referee's alleged insulting language towards your player and although there is not a case for the referee to answer, according to the kangaroo court decision from the referee's mates and the FA, nevertheless there is no fine. And yet everybody knows that the reason that our player was agitated enough to question the referee, leading to the altercation, was because it was a sh*t decision by a sh*t referee.

We then step back from the confrontational mode, say that we've drawn a line under it. But Clattenburg probably won't be refereeing us for a while and when he does, he will be a bit more circumspect about failing to award us a stonewall penalty the next time.

As you say, looking at the whole episode, Southampton have handled it with considerable aplomb. Criticise the referee in a post-match interview and run the risk of a fine from the FA. Criticise him indirectly associated with the referee's alleged insulting language towards your player and although there is not a case for the referee to answer, according to the kangaroo court decision from the referee's mates and the FA, nevertheless there is no fine. And yet everybody knows that the reason that our player was agitated enough to question the referee, leading to the altercation, was because it was a sh*t decision by a sh*t referee.

We then step back from the confrontational mode, say that we've drawn a line under it. But Clattenburg probably won't be refereeing us for a while and when he does, he will be a bit more circumspect about failing to award us a stonewall penalty the next time.

With the only collateral damage is our captain looking like a total mug.

Considerable aplomb indeed.

I don't think that's the case. I would think that most unconnected people would conclude that there was more to it than what has been suggested and that Clattenburg will have a little question mark hanging over him from now on. In fact, they probably won't give a toss.

I don't think that's the case. I would think that most unconnected people would conclude that there was more to it than what has been suggested and that Clattenburg will have a little question mark hanging over him from now on. In fact, they probably won't give a toss.

The only people saying "there is more to it than suggested" are nutcases like you.

Saints didn't bother to say there was "more to it" , so why would anyone else "suggest" it.

What "unconnected" people "concluded" was that the club were wrong and Lallana personally came in for criticism from many quarters. I know you avoid facts in favour of your own bonkers theories but that's what happened.

Edited by CB Fry

This, AL is the only loser in all of this in my eyes.

The only people saying "there is more to it than suggested" are nutcases like you.

Saints didn't bother to say there was "more to it than suggested", so why would anyone else say it.

What "unconnected" people "concluded" was that the club were wrong and Lallana personally came in for criticism from many quarters. I know you avoid facts in favour of your own bonkers theories but that's what happened.

No need for abuse, WG is probably right. And to those suggesting that AL comes out of it badly, who made the official complaint to the FA? It certainly wasn't Lallana. MP has already made the point that refs are treating us unfairly, even before the Lallana incident. Has it occurred to you that the abysmal non-handball decision in a crucial game might have sparked a bit of afters from the management?

No need for abuse, WG is probably right. And to those suggesting that AL comes out of it badly, who made the official complaint to the FA? It certainly wasn't Lallana. MP has already made the point that refs are treating us unfairly, even before the Lallana incident. Has it occurred to you that the abysmal non-handball decision in a crucial game might have sparked a bit of afters from the management?

The response from media/pundits/phone ins - "unconnected people" in WG's words - was that Lallana came out looking in the wrong. We all knew he didn't make the complaint but that didn't stop the response that happened. He was at the centre of the story and he came out of it badly.

And WG is not right. There was nothing else to it. Just because you want to believe it doesn't make it true.

Saints didn't bother to say there was "more to it" , so why would anyone else "suggest" it.

Now I know I'm right :smug:

Now I know I'm right :smug:

You and I can't possibly be right, WG, because we are assured by the forum's know it all that even if the club have played a blinder in getting the FA to look more closely at the standard of refereeing, because in his opinion Lallana came out of it badly, then the whole exercise was not worth it.

Also there couldn't possibly have been more to the club's complaint than met the eye, because Fry has given us assurances that he knows that to be a fact, being as how he has the ear of Cortese and is a confidant of Lallana.

In reality, the whole thing is yesterday's chip-wrapper and in a month or two, most people won't remember whether it was Lallana or Rodriguez who was denied the handball.

You and I can't possibly be right, WG, because we are assured by the forum's know it all that even if the club have played a blinder in getting the FA to look more closely at the standard of refereeing, because in his opinion Lallana came out of it badly, then the whole exercise was not worth it.

Also there couldn't possibly have been more to the club's complaint than met the eye, because Fry has given us assurances that he knows that to be a fact, being as how he has the ear of Cortese and is a confidant of Lallana.

Your little routine is all jolly sweet and clever but avoids the painfully obvious point that it's you and Whitey that are speculating, not me.

More to the complaint? Total speculation, especially as Saints set the terms of the investigation with their letter. Anything "more to it" the club were too gutless to put in the letter.

Saints changing the face of refereeing? Total speculation, and laughable. Look forward to you affording the same compliments to Norwich or Spurs or Leicester City next time they bellyache about a referee.

So remember, I'm dealing in the facts of the case while you're making stuff up because you don't like the facts.

Edited by CB Fry

Your little routine is all jolly sweet and clever but avoids the painfully obvious point that it's you and Whitey that are speculating, not me.

More to the complaint? Total speculation, especially as Saints set the terms of the investigation with their letter. Anything "more to it" the club were too gutless to put in the letter.

Saints changing the face of refereeing? Total speculation, and laughable. Look forward to you affording the same compliments to Norwich or Spurs or Leicester City next time they bellyache about a referee.

So remember, I'm dealing in the facts of the case while you're making stuff up because you don't like the facts.

The facts are that Lallana queried a refereeing decision that was clearly wrong, the referee insulted him, and the club complained to the FA about the insult. And you maintain that Lallana came out of it looking bad.

The facts are that Lallana queried a refereeing decision that was clearly wrong, the referee insulted him, and the club complained to the FA about the insult. And you maintain that Lallana came out of it looking bad.

He did, unless you've been living under a rock for the last week.

This is getting boring, so for the last time, Lallana made no complaint. The club did. So if anyone comes out of it looking bad, the management did.

I know precisely who made the complaint. Despite this, Lallana looked like an absolute plum.

Like I say, deal with facts.

"Despite the club rather than the player raising the matter, Lallana has been widely ridiculed, something that initially upset the attacking midfielder."

"England midfielder Adam Lallana was hurt by the widespread criticism aimed at him after Southampton's complaint against referee Mark Clattenburg, says Saints club captain Kelvin Davis."

Seems a bit mental to suggest Lallana has come out of this well; he's taking pelters all round.

Martin Samuel in the fail day

One moment they were at daggers drawn, the next Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino had called a truce and was open to the thought of Mark Clattenburg refereeing his players again. How bizarre. It was almost as if his heart wasn’t in the fight; almost as if it wasn’t really his fight at all.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2538261/MARTIN-SAMUEL-If-Terry-Suarez-celebrated-like-Anelka-banned-dithering-FA-long-now.html#ixzz2qGvODCpr

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I know precisely who made the complaint. Despite this, Lallana looked like an absolute plum.

Like I say, deal with facts.

Now if we were to accept that Cortese has had little to do with the club for a couple of weeks now and that Adam wasn't the instigator of this complaint, then who do you think was behind it ?

We await CBF's informed reply to that one Windows.

Can just imagine NC on the phone while Heli-Skiing over Christmas & New Year