Clattenburg under investigation after Southampton accuse him of abusing Adam Lallana

Saint-Armstrong

You aren't very good at this are you? more guess work, c'mon give it a rest now.

That is just as valid as the guesswork by the ones defending Lallana is it not? Its remarkable all this comes up after a poor decision, strange that.

Its the context of what was said not what was said, please understand that, its very simple, what also is easy to understand is the opportunstic fervour Cortese has seized upon this as its a great deflection from football results and his appointment, again could be coincidence............................

I beg to differ. Have you seen the number of bites he gets...? ;)

I think people feel compelled to answer some of the staggering crap he post along with his

gang of similar buddies...very difficult to ignore even with the ignore button...

I guess we should all mock them rather than try to argue/reason with them..

No one really knows including you but doesn't stop you trying to make speculation to be fact...

Neither you but you assume you are correct whereby I am open to all options on fact not rumour, we do not know what was said, a complaint has been made after a poor decision and there we have it.

FFS Barry what us it you don't understand . The should be warned initially and depending on the reason they swore then the should be booked or sent off our players included . It is not a clear black and white scenario but it should be dearth with accordingly .

Should I receive another infraction just because I'm frustrated with your posts and use "FFS" it's done in the heat of the moment . A lot of the players only know street language I'm sure the better educated players also swear but use other words such a bloody hell ref to express their frustration . A booking or sending off should be dealt with in the context it is said . If it is malicious then a straight red saints player or not .

I remember playing hockey for Bracknell I got blown up for offside . I said to the umpire are you bloody blind there are two players and a gk in front if me . I initially got a yellow card . 5 minutes behind the goal . I didn't use the f word or say anything else . Just went off the pitch . One if their players said to the ref I should get a straight red . I was called back and sure enough I got a red card . I was livid and had a few words with the umpire along with the club captain not once did we swear . Anyway the club made a report to the hockey umpires assn and the appeal was upheld and I didn't have to serve a 3 match ban . So it's not just football you get bad match officials

FFS Barry what us it you don't understand . The should be warned initially and depending on the reason they swore then the should be booked or sent off our players included . It is not a clear black and white scenario but it should be dearth with accordingly .

Should I receive another infraction just because I'm frustrated with your posts and use "FFS" it's done in the heat of the moment . A lot of the players only know street language I'm sure the better educated players also swear but use other words such a bloody hell ref to express their frustration . A booking or sending off should be dealt with in the context it is said . If it is malicious then a straight red saints player or not .

I remember playing hockey for Bracknell I got blown up for offside . I said to the umpire are you bloody blind there are two players and a gk in front if me . I initially got a yellow card . 5 minutes behind the goal . I didn't use the f word or say anything else . Just went off the pitch . One if their players said to the ref I should get a straight red . I was called back and sure enough I got a red card . I was livid and had a few words with the umpire along with the club captain not once did we swear . Anyway the club made a report to the hockey umpires assn and the appeal was upheld and I didn't have to serve a 3 match ban . So it's not just football you get bad match officials

Rules are rules are they not if we go by the people defending Lallana and attacking Clattenburg, whats good fopr the goose is good for the gander, I am all for discretion am the use of different scenarios require different answers but if we bleat over what was said between the two what argument do we have if a referee sent off a player for abusive language? We would not would we?

Rules are rules are they not if we go by the people defending Lallana and attacking Clattenburg, whats good fopr the goose is good for the gander, I am all for discretion am the use of different scenarios require different answers but if we bleat over what was said between the two what argument do we have if a referee sent off a player for abusive language? We would not would we?

********, you look after your own first and foremost until circumstances dictate you change your opinion....or not.

That's if you are a fan anyways.

Barry we do not know what was said between the two . Either on the pitch or end the end if the match or in the tunnel . I don't think swearing is the issue here . It's just a gut feeling which I cannot substantiate as I was in Orkney watching the match . I suspect clattenberg said something untoward more than what is in the press .

It could be construed as bullying . Remember in terms of bullying and harassment look at the ACAS site . It's what the the recipient perceives to be said that is the point in question .

My guess is There was something more serious that was said or implied hence the reason the club are continuing with the matter . Kilbane Keown linniker do not have all the facts and are only based there comments on what is being said in the media .

********, you look after your own first and foremost until circumstances dictate you change your opinion....or not.

Erm, no it isn't. It's funny that you came into this thread berating others for assuming they knew exactly what was said and making a decision based on that, when you've done something very similar yourself. You've assumed the club can only be correct without knowing the full facts.

Oh I see this has become a look after your own over fairness argument as you have lost the ground to argue, fairness and an openmind to all not only your own.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2527305/Should-send-swearing-Yes-Arsene-Wenger-wants-refereeing-consistency-Jack-Wilsheres-unsuccessful-ban-appeal.html

Southampton Football Club have complained over something what between two people, I have an oipenmind to it, you have defended Lallana blindly, I am not defending anyone but its seems or appears to me Lallana has said something and Cortese/Pochetinno have seized upon it and he has become a pawn in this pointless whinging saga.

But, Coleman does nevertheless move his arm to block the cross.

When Adam has the ball at his feet Coleman's arm is by his side, when he chips it in the arm is in the air blocking....if that's not a blatant penalty then I clearly don't understand handball anymore...(it appears most refs don't either given the wide variety in penalties awarded for the offence).

WTF has Coleman got to do with it then, the defender was Antolin Alcaraz.

Barry we do not know what was said between the two . Either on the pitch or end the end if the match or in the tunnel . I don't think swearing is the issue here . It's just a gut feeling which I cannot substantiate as I was in Orkney watching the match . I suspect clattenberg said something untoward more than what is in the press .

It could be construed as bullying . Remember in terms of bullying and harassment look at the ACAS site . It's what the the recipient perceives to be said that is the point in question .

My guess is There was something more serious that was said or implied hence the reason the club are continuing with the matter . Kilbane Keown linniker do not have all the facts and are only based there comments on what is being said in the media .

You can not prove what someone has implied, Lineker, Keown and Kilbane are in the media so they know as much or more than we do, we know that much.

Erm, no it isn't. It's funny that you came into this thread berating others for assuming they knew exactly what was said and making a decision based on that, when you've done something very similar yourself. You've assumed the club can only be correct without knowing the full facts.

I have taken a stance defending my team and the clubs choice to take the matter on further.

Plenty enough evidence to stand behind the club on the issue until, as I've already stated 'circumstances dictate you change your opinion'

It really is quite simple.

I have taken a stance defending my team and the clubs choice to take the matter on further.

Plenty enough evidence to stand behind the club on the issue until, as I've already stated 'circumstances dictate you change your opinion'

Why the need to defend it when you don't know the facts?? Why have a go at others for seemingly holding a contrary opinion to yours, you've been quite animated about that so far. I personally have not seen any evidence in this case to stand behind the club at all, in fact the only "evidence" has been a leaked comment and a couple of complaints from the club. Absolutely nothing to go on, as of yet.

Why the need to defend it when you don't know the facts?? Why have a go at others for seemingly holding a contrary opinion to yours, you've been quite animated about that so far. I personally have not seen any evidence in this case to stand behind the club at all, in fact the only "evidence" has been a leaked comment and a couple of complaints from the club. Absolutely nothing to go on, as of yet.

The fact that we have chosen to take this further is evidence enough.

That Clattenburg has been in the spotlight for similar issues COUNTLESS times also adds to this feeling that Adam & the club are telling the truth.

Infact, way more evidence to support than not......but each to their own.

Oh i dunno, there is a wealth of evidence that Clattenburg is a massive helmet. Hard to feel much sympathy for him even if the allegations prove to be, like his refereeing decisions, a load of bollocks.

Why not simply keep an openmind? Why do you feel the need to defend someone? They have made the accusation? Do we have any QC's, barristers, solicitors or even barristers clerks on here to straighten out pure biased emotion?

Oh i dunno, there is a wealth of evidence that Clattenburg is a massive helmet. Hard to feel much sympathy for him even if the allegations prove to be, like his refereeing decisions, a load of bollocks.

I've got no sympathy with him one way or the other Bear, he's clearly a complete goober and a poor ref to boot. But just as in a court of law, previous indiscretions don't really come into it, despite how desperate some are to apply them to this case so they can make an early decision on it. I can't believe for a minute that the leaked statements are the entirety of what was said by Clattenburg as that would be ludicrous to formally object to. But I just can't quite begin to imagine just how bad it would have to be to actually justify making such a complaint, and I can't see how the club will come out of it as looking anything other than utterly petty unless Clattenburg has said something truly horrific. Certainly no evidence to say as of yet and I wonder if we'll ever hear the "full" story, given one version has been leaked there can't be much holding either side back. Its all a bit of a farce so far IMO.

Why not simply keep an openmind? Why do you feel the need to defend someone? They have made the accusation? Do we have any QC's, barristers, solicitors or even barristers clerks on here to straighten out pure biased emotion?

As a supporter of a club your open mind will always lean towards you supporting your own team, I cant help that, nor will I try too. Lallana's literally sweated blood for us the last few season's and stayed with us since he was a nipper, if you cant get behind that then.......hmmmm.

However

"'circumstances dictate you change your opinion"

Its all good.

As a supporter of a club your open mind will always lean towards you supporting your own team, I cant help that, nor will I try too. Lallana's literally sweated blood for us the last few season's and stayed with us since he was a nipper, if you cant get behind that then.......hmmmm.

However

"'circumstances dictate you change your opinion"

Its all good.

Lallana I supsect dare I say is a patsy in this and this is being instigated by Cortese/Pochetinno, I also suspect this will backfire.

It has nothing to do with being parochial and inward at all.

Kraken as you stay in a court previous history in admissible as evidence . How ever the PGMol have not acted in the spirit of legal concept of a fair trial where there are two sides to a story instead they have adopted the kangaroo court mentality .

I agree something more serious has been said or implied . The club would not be proceeding with this matter if it is such a trivial matter .

I've got no sympathy with him one way or the other Bear, he's clearly a complete goober and a poor ref to boot. But just as in a court of law, previous indiscretions don't really come into it, despite how desperate some are to apply them to this case so they can make an early decision on it. I can't believe for a minute that the leaked statements are the entirety of what was said by Clattenburg as that would be ludicrous to formally object to. But I just can't quite begin to imagine just how bad it would have to be to actually justify making such a complaint, and I can't see how the club will come out of it as looking anything other than utterly petty unless Clattenburg has said something truly horrific. Certainly no evidence to say as of yet and I wonder if we'll ever hear the "full" story, given one version has been leaked there can't be much holding either side back. Its all a bit of a farce so far IMO.

Ironic that Clattenburg is cleared by the same kind of fair minded impartiality lacking in his own refereeing decisions. I applaud you tho! I would support you to be referee or high court judge or saintsweb moderator!

Ironic that Clattenburg is cleared by the same kind of fair minded impartiality lacking in his own refereeing decisions. I applaud you tho! I would support you to be referee or high court judge or saintsweb moderator!

While I appreciate the backing for SWF mod, I feel my certain overuse of the ban stick would make me a thoroughly unsuitable candidate. I'd have to ban everybody who disagreed with me, and that's an awful lot of people. Ban the lot of the f*ckers, I say.

Kraken as you stay in a court previous history in admissible as evidence . How ever the PGMol have not acted in the spirit of legal concept of a fair trial where there are two sides to a story instead they have adopted the kangaroo court mentality .

I agree something more serious has been said or implied . The club would not be proceeding with this matter if it is such a trivial matter .

You can not prove what is implied, I said this a while back, fools errand. Its appears to be a childish accusation, it makes us look pathetic.

Same page kraken

Oh thank god, Im glad that someone is making sure nobody speaks to us in such a harsh tongue ...... Jesus, how do you get through the daily without running to the man ?

No need to get so het up, take a deep breath and calm down.

I deal with my own problems just fine. However small and pointless they may be.

Does it? And what if it does?

I agree with Dune here to a certain extent, it is a fools errand, an overthetop accusation that has been bred, for me, out of frustration caused by repeated poor performances from clattenburg and ultimately aimed at stopping him officiating us.

Perhaps the actual conversation from Clattenburg was vastly different, and much more offensive at which point I would change my opinion but right now I just cant justify getting my knickers in a twist over a mild put down.

This isnt about being anti saints. Or anti lallana or whatever crap can be accused of me, besides its probably the club and not Adam thats persuing this issue. Just on the surface it seems a bit OTT and pointless and unless that changes drastically Im not going to change my opinion on that.

Soccer Saturday talking about it now and all 4 ex pros including le tiss, saying the club are over reacting IF what was reported was all that was said. Matt said Adam will be embarrassed, is he disloyal?

The ones defending this have lost all their sense of fairness and are the usual happier ones who believe Cortese can do no wrong, he can and has by pressing forward with the complaint.

Soccer Saturday talking about it now and all 4 ex pros including le tiss, saying the club are over reacting IF what was reported was all that was said. Matt said Adam will be embarrassed, is he disloyal?

Clearly Matt's anti-Cortese agenda is at work, and he's influenced all the other pundits. Everyone knows that you only stand behind the club in such cases.