Clattenburg under investigation after Southampton accuse him of abusing Adam Lallana

Saint-Armstrong

Basically, we think he's a **** and we clearly think he has not reffed our matches properly. We are trying to ramp up pressure on him I guess.

I think it is utterly absurd that he was kept away from Goodison Park for so long. He is either a competent ref or he isn't. Whoever decided that was an appropriate way of dealing with the situation is an utter fool.

Saints statement:

Tell everyone what Clattenburg is alleged to have said and then the club might actually get a bit of support for their stance. If the words quoted are true, we are making ourselves look ****ing ridiculous.

I think you are missing the point. We (As a club) obviously don't trust clattenburg to ref our matches. What was or wasn't said is almost irrelevant as is the future or final outcome, but we wont be getting him as a ref anytime soon. Additionally the more press it gets the more the penalty issue will be exposed and his incompetence.

I think you are missing the point. We (As a club) obviously don't trust clattenburg to ref our matches. What was or wasn't said is almost irrelevant as is the future or final outcome, but we wont be getting him as a ref anytime soon. Additionally the more press it gets the more the penalty issue will be exposed and his incompetence.

Exactly! We have made sure that next time he refs us the press will be all over it.

Have a quick search on Twitter for example for "Lallana". Note how many people are talking about the penalty incident v how many are laughing their socks off at SFC and Adam.

And if you think they will stop him reffing us, I suspect you're wrong and they are more likely to put him in charge to spite us.

I'd argue the complete opposite.

The more press this "discussion" gets, the more his absolutely horrendous decision gets buried under all the talk about Lallana supposedly being a bit of a pansy.

There have been 18 referees in PL games this season (3 have only taken a handful of games so are probably FL referees who have been given temporary promotions as cover), so the balance of probability is that we wouldn't have been assigned Clattenburg for a while anyway.

Absolutely. Regardless of the outcome of our complaint, A) we have made it clear that we view Clattenburg as someone with an axe to grind against us/certain of our players, so appointing him to any more of our games might not be a prudent move, and B) we have registered another strike against someone who has had problems of this kind in the past. Regardless of how trivial the comment was, he has no business making inflammatory remarks like that in the heat of a game.

Given what's come to light about "the (supposed) comment", I would have preferred it if we'd included the Lallana incident as part of a package of concerns about Clattenburg's officiating of our games - a culminating incident rather than a standalone one.

“You’re very different now since you played for England. You never used to be like this.” - I find it hard to believe it was over that.

It was probably “You’re very different now since you played for England. You never used to be such a ****.”

I find it hard to believe Saints would make such a fuss if it was the former, hopefully they will come out with a different version of events, and get one of those lip-reading guys to confirm it from the TV footage.

well this is embarrassing.

So, it seemed like everyone liked Lallana before, he was certainly not a hate character.

Now fans all over the country dislike him and think he is a poncy Tvvat. Now he is up against Joe Public.

Final Outcome.

He doesn't go to Brazil.

Well done everyone.

Pathetic attempt to discredit clattenberg, who simply made a decision we didn't like. I can fully understand Adam moaning about it at the time, but clattenbergs put down is little more than banter. The complaint makes Adam look like the big time Charlie that clattenberg had suggested.

Edited by Chez

So, it seemed like everyone liked Lallana before, he was certainly not a hate character.

Now fans all over the country dislike him and think he is a poncy Tvvat. Now he is up against Joe Public.

Final Outcome.

He doesn't go to Brazil.

Well done everyone.

This.

“You’re very different now since you played for England. You never used to be like this.” - I find it hard to believe it was over that.

It was probably “You’re very different now since you played for England. You never used to be such a ****.”

I find it hard to believe Saints would make such a fuss if it was the former, hopefully they will come out with a different version of events, and get one of those lip-reading guys to confirm it from the TV footage.

Even if it was the latter, Adam and the club should have manned up instead of crying to the governing body.

I'm actually with the club on this one. Distinct lack of respect from a match official towards one of our senior pros.

Who cares if it makes us/Lallana unpopular? Ferguson and Mourinho have always been very good at creating a "us against the rest" culture at clubs, no good being thought nice and likeable all the time in football.

The Saints wrote to the referees' governing body the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) on New Year's Eve, objecting to referee Clattenburg's conduct towards Adam Lallana in the 2-1 defeat at Everton on December 29.

Southampton objected to Clattenburg's conduct in an exchange with the England midfielder.

But after a review the PGMOL has ruled there is no case to answer.

In a letter seen by Press Association Sport, Southampton claimed Clattenburg told Lallana: "You are very different now, since you've played for England - you never used to be like this."

I'm actually with the club on this one. Distinct lack of respect from a match official towards one of our senior pros.

Who cares if it makes us/Lallana unpopular? Ferguson and Mourinho have always been very good at creating a "us against the rest" culture at clubs, no good being thought nice and likeable all the time in football.

Surely there have been better examples to use though in terms of creating a bit of an edge and no need to involve a player?

Final Outcome.

He doesn't go to Brazil.

Well done everyone.

Why? Is the England Squad going to be selected by some sort of "Celebrity Get my come out of here" vote?

The Saints wrote to the referees' governing body the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) on New Year's Eve, objecting to referee Clattenburg's conduct towards Adam Lallana in the 2-1 defeat at Everton on December 29.

Southampton objected to Clattenburg's conduct in an exchange with the England midfielder.

But after a review the PGMOL has ruled there is no case to answer.

In a letter seen by Press Association Sport, Southampton claimed Clattenburg told Lallana: "You are very different now, since you've played for England - you never used to be like this."

And he didn't so Clattenburg is absolutely spot on with his reflection, Jesus what a load of apologists.

Why? Is the England Squad going to be selected by some sort of "Celebrity Get my come out of here" vote?

yeah sort of, he will now be talked about in the press as a soppy wet fanny, and not a World Cup player.

Press reporting has a lot of sway.

I think a lot of people are missing the point here. Everton complained about him when he was sucking Gerrard off in a match and mysteriously never had him for 6 years.

If we mysteriously get the same outcome, then it will have been worth it.

I reckon our refs are the worst collection in living memory. Time to fast-track ex-players to the Premier League. Our present policemen and builders just aren't up to the job.

And he didn't so Clattenburg is absolutely spot on with his reflection, Jesus what a load of apologists.

No he wasn't spot on. I haven't seen any noticeable change in Lallana's on field behaviour since his England selection. But, regardless of that, it was a potentially inflammatory comment that Clattenburg had no business making.

At what point should we decide to stop taking the crap that Clattenburg has continually thrown in our direction with dubious, potentially match-deciding penalties and now insulting personal remarks?

With hindsight, as I said earlier, I would have preferred that the Club voiced concerns about Clattenburg based on a number of incidents - and done it in a less public way.

To keep taking his crap without a whimper is the non-option for me.

Adam Blackmore@bigadamsport

For clarity, the complaint from #saintsfc re Mark Clattenburg has come from the club & has not been initiated or driven by Adam Lallana

Feeling Blue@Pompey_BAWA

@bigadamsport bull****! He had to have logged a complaint. #SomeOnesTellingPorkies

@Pompey_BAWA @Lord_Palmerston why?More likely manager/chairman talk to him about handball incident & he tells them what was said & they act

Stuart Crow@Lord_Palmerston

@bigadamsport @Pompey_BAWA They must have asked AL if he felt insulted by remark before proceeding though?

@Lord_Palmerston @Pompey_BAWA they may have done , but I just think it's club venting frustrations at not getting decisions

Dave Badger@DaveBadger32m

@Lord_Palmerston @bigadamsport @Pompey_BAWA Get out of Corteses backside Blackmore.

No he wasn't spot on. I haven't seen any noticeable change in Lallana's on field behaviour since his England selection. But, regardless of that, it was a potentially inflammatory comment that Clattenburg had no business making.

At what point should we decide to stop taking the crap that Clattenburg has continually thrown in our direction with dubious, potentially match-deciding penalties and now insulting personal remarks?

With hindsight, as I said earlier, I would have preferred that the Club voiced concerns about Clattenburg based on a number of incidents - and done it in a less public way.

This.

Nonsense, you only have to watch each game closely, Lallana has been getting trappier and trappier as time goes on, normal he was Captain for a fair while but he wasn't for that game. Of late he's been looking nearly as trappy as Gerrard or Nolan.

Nonsense, you only have to watch each game closely, Lallana has been getting trappier and trappier as time goes on, normal he was Captain for a fair while but he wasn't for that game. Of late he's been looking nearly as trappy as Gerrard or Nolan.

Maybe so, but that started before his England call up.

Do you have any proof of this other than Clattenburgs say so?

Trappier? does that mean more desperate to win a game? or are you slagging him off?

Nonsense is what comes out when someone gets an urban dictionary for Christmas.

I do watch each game closely and I think there's been little or no sign of the prima donna syndrome with him since his England selection. In fact he dives far less now than he ever did.

Surely there have been better examples to use though in terms of creating a bit of an edge and no need to involve a player?
Just reacting to the situation they found themselves in. Look at MP's quotes after the Everton game about us being considered too nice etc?

Do you have any proof of this other than Clattenburgs say so?

Trappier? does that mean more desperate to win a game? or are you slagging him off?

I'm not slagging him off but he's been much more verbal this season. What did he get a yellow for in the Chelsea away game, yep you're right haranguing the ref after a foul by Ramirez and then in the famous Everton incident he got a yellow for exactly the same thing. I don't mind him being verbal it's not a bad attribute for a Captain but to turn round and start complaining of an "insult" when all that was said was in fact a constation of a fact is ridiculous.

No he hasn't hasn't andcertainly not anywhere near Nolan's level. He is captain, so is more likely to be speaking tot he ref than others.

Obladi oblada Lallana oh, wa wa wa wa Lallana.

Adam was the captain down at SaintsFc

Marky was the worst ref in the land

Adam said to Mark "That's a clear penalty

He went and stopped the football with his bloody hand"

Obladi oblada Lallana oh, wa wa wa wa Lallana

Marky said to Adam "You have changed my boy

Now that you've become an England man"

Adam tells Cortese "Marky upset me"

And now Saints are a laughing stock throughout the land...

Seems a bit feeble, but it was obviously a ''had to be there moment''. If it was said at the heat of the moment, after he'd turned down the penalty appeal, with a smirk on his face...then he'd get anyone's back up, and I'm surprised he wasn't smashed.

I think the FA should look at the entire picture, over his entire career and just sack him. He's simply incompetent, he cannot do his job. Therefore he should be sacked, just as myself or anyone else would be if we kept making **** mistakes. He likes to think he's some sort of superstar referee and the pinup boy for the referees, but he's actually probably the worst ref' going.

If this slagging match highlights his continuous incompetence then so be it, at least we won't have to have him mucking around with our games.

I'm not slagging him off but he's been much more verbal this season. What did he get a yellow for in the Chelsea away game, yep you're right haranguing the ref after a foul by Ramirez and then in the famous Everton incident he got a yellow for exactly the same thing. I don't mind him being verbal it's not a bad attribute for a Captain but to turn round and start complaining of an "insult" when all that was said was in fact a constation of a fact is ridiculous.

I think that's more down to our poor run, as captain Adam would feel the pressure more than most but yeah, he does seem a tad more excitable recently but not overly so compared to some.

However, its not exactly what was said, it was more the insinuation that Lallana used to be such a nice young man but now he's a ****!

Adam's not stupid, he knows exactly what Clatten****e meant when he said it and what a ridiculous time it was to be saying it too, after another terrible decision not in our favour.

I'm all for that bastard never refereeing another Saints game as long as he lives.

No he hasn't hasn't andcertainly not anywhere near Nolan's level. He is captain, so is more likely to be speaking tot he ref than others.

But he isn't captain any more, wasn't for the Everton game either. KD is captain for some strange reason or other because apparently Adam asked for it to be so.